Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #76  

JoseyM - for the cold Tomato Basil soup recipe I'm wondering a few things:

Did you add hot water to the soup first and then chill it or just cold water straight up?

Have you tried other veggies like radishes, peppers or spinach?

Have you tried adding lemon juice or horse radish or anything?

Thanks!

Last edited by jordanna; 07-20-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #77  
Man on a mission

Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm new to IP and to these forums. Today is only day 3 for me. I'm starting to get the hang of it. You guys are so great and have so much wonderful information. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I walked in to work this morning with my purse over my shoulder and in my arms I had my lunch bag, my coffee mug, my iPhone, my keys and my IP Shaker full of yummy breakfast shake and I'm walking down to my office and I can feel my pants slipping and slipping and whoosh they fall right to my knees....and there was nothing I could do about it because I was carrying all my stuff....I looked around and no one saw me but if I made a noise dropping my stuff or production about it someone would have surely noticed so I quickly shimmied my way to my office with my pants down around my ankles until I got to my desk where I could drop all my stuff and pull them back up.

And that's how my day is going
Oh my goodness! Hopefully you laughed your face off when you got in your office. What a great NSV (sort of!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Had kind of a strange comment at lunch. One of the girls I work with asked about my diet and I said, "it's just a protein diet" because she is always out to compete with me and it just drives me crazy and I wasn't feeling nice. Anyway, she says, "Well is it working?" I said, "Well as of today I've lost 15 but I don't officially weigh in for my 4th week until tomorrow." She says, "Yeah, not that I check you out or anything but I can kinda tell."

Ummm, ok? I think that MAY have been a complement. And it was the 2nd one of the day. Another lady asked how it's goin, she hints she wants to do it but actually complemented me as she was toasting her toaster strudel. She said she can tell and I look great and she loved my shirt. Which is old but new if you know what I mean! Yes...shopping in my closet again!
It's been said many times, but you really do find out who your friends are when you make a lifestyle change! I hope you don't let what your coworkers say get you down. It really is jealousy, because they don't have the focus, strength and determination to do something this important for themselves. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di2222 View Post
Not feeling well after 7 weeks on program. Doctor thinks I should stop. I dont waant to give up.
I'm sorry to hear that. Around my 10th week, I was having a few 'dizzy' episodes, not feeling too great physically. I upped my water intake and started adding egg whites in between meals. This helped drastically. I still drink copious amounts of water, but haven't had the egg whites for a couple of weeks - everything is still fine. Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadenlevi View Post
For those of you that have been doing this for a while, what should I expect realistically to lose in a week since I only have 20 more pounds to go until I reach my goal? Just curious what I should be striving for.
I definately notice slower losses now (I weigh myself mid-week at home, and I'm always the same weight as my previous weigh in - then at my official weigh in on Friday nights, I loose about 2lbs). I think 2lbs a week is reasonable at this point (i.e. I'm not complaining!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Jessica View Post
Good afternoon everyone!
I have noticed on this diet that I tend to have mood swings, like every other day will be very good, followed by one pretty bad day (Today is a good day ). I try not to post about myself on those bad days, because it feels so wrong to me to complain when the diet is working so well, even on a bad day, and I try to stay positive. This board helps so much! I come on here and try to help a few people and feel so much better.
I'm proud of you for handling it so well. The biggest step for me was recognizing that I was in a bad mood before I let it take hold of me, the consequences of which would be an outburst when I got home from work! This will pass, I'm much more calmer now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecky View Post
I feel crabby today
Hope you feel better soon...do something nice for yourself today, you deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.
hmmm..I haven't heard this before. As far as my losses go, the only real pattern I've seen is when I lose 3-4 pounds in a week, my inch loss is significantly less than on the weeks where I lose 1-2 pounds. My coach has shown no concern with this. I'll bring it up with her on Friday and see if she has any input (which I highly doubt, because I think I know more about the protocol then she does...she wanted me to go to phase 2 after my second week..??? I told her to read the protocol sheets SHE had given me and all I got was...oh OK)
Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post
Can someone help me, i think i might have sabotage my program whitout even knowing it. Ive been having radishes in my 4 cups of veggies a day in the past 5 days and now i realize i dont see them in the allowed veggies section. Plz tell me that didnt take me out of ketosis. Have been having between 4-8 a day.

Thank you
Hi Rooster!
On my Phase 1 sheet it says radishes are allowed.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster on a diet View Post

Thank you
My notes say you can have radishes.....
Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #82  
Man on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
My notes say you can have radishes.....
Wooohhoooo!!! thank you ishbel, brummie

Last edited by rooster on a diet; 07-20-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Ok so WI#6 for me was disappointing.. AGAIN only lost 1lb.

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.

Everyone keep up the good work, it's worth it!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

I have been searching the various forums for IP looking for the printout of the nutritional information for all of the products that IP sells. If anyone knows where I can seach for it, please let me know. I appreciate it.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
I have been searching the various forums for IP looking for the printout of the nutritional information for all of the products that IP sells. If anyone knows where I can seach for it, please let me know. I appreciate it.
I'm not sure about the print out, but if you go to myfitnesspal(dot)com, you can search the values for the ideal protein products
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #86  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Ok so WI#6 for me was disappointing.. AGAIN only lost 1lb.

I went to the new clinic today, and spoke to the physician about my horrible problem with C. I have tried everything it seems.. magnesium citrate (liquid).. CALM, stool softener (colace).. all to no avail. She basically said to take a whole bottle of the magnesium citrate (as opposed to the 2 tbs that are recommended in the IP sheet) for two days, so I guess that's 2 bottles really, and then continue with the CALM and colace for maintenance. So wish me luck with this!

I'm hoping once this problem is taken care of my numbers will be a bit better. It's a little frustrating.. but I'm not discouraged at all. I mean, I've still lost at least a little. I think I may just be a slow loser in general as well.

Also, although I've been doing some light walking and biking since week #3, I've decided as of this week I'm going to increase the intensity and frequency a bit.

Everyone keep up the good work, it's worth it!
I take Walmart's version of Senokot and I don't have much trouble. It's cheap so it might be worth a try.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Hello Everyone,
Today is day 20 for me, so I can get my ticker. yeah! It is hot here in upstate NY, but tomorrow is gonna be the killer. I am making the Big Mac in a bowl tonight for the first time, can't wait. I am making the homemade thousand island dressing that someone posted, I just can't handle the WF dressings. Stay Cool.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #88  
One step at a time

Location: The land of Spare Room in the City of Wardrobe..-C.S. Lewis

Well yesterday was supposed to be my second day..and i screwed up!!! NEVER got to a birthday party without a packet or being prepared!!! i screwed myself up..cause i didnt eat anything before i left and then got there and was starving and there was nothing i could eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So...note to self: prepare prepare prepare for anything you go to... Wont make that mistake again..

Oh well..Day 1 all over again.. Im starving today! Drinking my water like crazy and yet..starving!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I take Walmart's version of Senokot and I don't have much trouble. It's cheap so it might be worth a try.
How much and how often do you take it?

Thanks for the suggestion
Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
At my weigh in yesterday I only lost 3.25 inches when my coach measured me and 5.5 pounds lost. She was concerned as she is worried that I am losing muscle and suggested I make sure I eat 8 oz of protein at my eve. meal. Has anyone else had this happen to them? She told me that I should lose more inches that what I lost in pounds.
I think your coach is blowing smoke. Some weeks, you lose inches and no pounds, some weeks you lose pounds and barely any inches. Have been teading this forum for 6 months and that is typical.
Closed Thread