Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Need to vent for a moment.
Coworker was nasty to me this morning about my weight loss. She is trying to lose 10-15lbs and considered IP, so we talk about these things. This morning she told me I looked great (I'm still in some 16s but also some 14s; shirts L & still a few XL) & asked how much I was still planning to lose. I told her 40 and she turned nasty. "You will be way too skinny. That would look terrible" and gave me a dirty look. I stopped her and explained that with that weight gone, I would still be in double digit sizes & bigger than she is now. Suddenly she smirked and it was "oh, ok."
SERIOUSLY?! How petty & obvious was that?
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #32  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Coworker was nasty to me this morning about my weight loss. She is trying to lose 10-15lbs and considered IP, so we talk about these things. This morning she told me I looked great (I'm still in some 16s but also some 14s; shirts L & still a few XL) & asked how much I was still planning to lose. I told her 40 and she turned nasty. "You will be way too skinny. That would look terrible" and gave me a dirty look. I stopped her and explained that with that weight gone, I would still be in double digit sizes & bigger than she is now. Suddenly she smirked and it was "oh, ok."
How rude, she is just jealous that you are doing so well and that you have the will power to do it where apparently she doesn't. That kind of person you don't really need. But know that you are looking better than she will ever feel about her self when she has an attitude like that.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #33  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
THat's so not right when people do that. You have so much to be proud of, and it seems like you're already WAY more secure in yourself than she is. keep it up! You're doing awesome!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Geez Louise, what a witch! That's one petty hateful girl.
ps. If you're nearly in a 14 now, I'm willing to bet you won't still be in double digits when you're done, especially as tall as you are.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
That's awful of her to say...her insecurities are really showing through. Keep doing what you're doing and ignore her negativity, people like that have a way of sucking energy and you need to keep your energy for yourself
Shanelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #36  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone tried ThinkThin Bites? I found them at Walmart and HEB
Here are their info

http://shop.thinkproducts.com/White-...s/p/TKP-708157

INGREDIENTS: PROTEIN BLEND [SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SOY CRISPS (SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, RICE FLOUR, SALT), WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CALCIUM CASEINATE], COATING (MALTITOL, COCOA BUTTER, MILK FAT, SODIUM CASEINATE, SOY LECITHIN, NATURAL FLAVORS AND TOCOPHEROLS), GLYCERIN, MALTITOL, GROUND PEANUTS, WATER, BROWN RICE FLOUR, SOY FLOUR, CANOLA OIL, RASPBERRIES, NATURAL FLAVORS, CHICORY FIBER, SOY LECITHIN.
CONTAINS: MILK, PEANUTS, SOY.
MANUFACTURED IN A PLANT THAT ALSO PROCESSES EGGS AND TREE NUTS.
GLUTEN FRE
ab0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #37  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
There's very few people that know I'm doing this and even those ones don't know exact numbers. Like you said, people just give me a hard time. I don't think you should have to put youraelf down to make someone else feel better though. Tell her to fly a kite when you hit single digit clothing.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

She is obviously jealous of your sucess and not feeling very secure in her own body right now. Try not to associate with her too much unless you have to and every day you stay OP think about how great you feel and look, and everyone knows it!! You deserve it. I bet you are a way better person and will look even better and stronger than her in the end.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #39  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
There's very few people that know I'm doing this and even those ones don't know exact numbers. Like you said, people just give me a hard time. I don't think you should have to put youraelf down to make someone else feel better though. Tell her to fly a kite when you hit single digit clothing.
Quote:
I especially hate it when women aren't supportive. My sister-in-law said I would look a lot older if I lost weight.
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #40  

has anyone found those Mio drink flavors in Canada? I've looked everywhere and can't find them yet....sad face.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Smile

Quote:
I don't judge what others eat because not long ago I would've more than likely been right there with them but......

At break I went to fill my water and there was "cake in a bowl" on the table. Yesterday it was donuts. Everyday it's something different. Anyway, I literally got goose bumps and my stomach turned when I saw the amount of cake the people were taking. I've never had that experience. Weird! Oh and I about died when one lady put a banana on hers to make it healthy. I wonder if she knows that banana is about 100 calories she just added to her 600+ calorie cake. To each their own and I didn't say a word but it was a strange feeling for me!
When I see food in the work lounge, I just pretend the kitchen it was made in is dirty and that there are a ton of germs on it from people looking at it and breathing on it.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
has anyone found those Mio drink flavors in Canada? I've looked everywhere and can't find them yet....sad face.
I could probably send you some if you can't find it.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
When I see food in the work lounge, I just pretend the kitchen it was made in is dirty and that there are a ton of germs on it from people looking at it and breathing on it.
Yeah, it wasn't tempting me at all this time though. It actually made me feel sick. Donuts never temp me even when I am not on a diet. Just not my thing. The amounts of the stuff they were eating was just sickening and a little heartbreaking. But I won't judge.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 263/159/160

Height: 5'8"

Red face

Quote:
Joyflower - I say get thee to a chiropractor!!

I know, I just hate to think of that committment again! I had to go to a chiropractor for about a year for my lower back and it was such a pain!! No pun intended!

Thanks for the advice! I'm really hoping it goes away, but if not in the next day or so, I'll be making that phone call!!! The irony is that my coach shares office space with a Chiropractor!! lol
Joyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #45  

Quote:
I could probably send you some if you can't find it.
Oh that's a kind offer but I don't want anyone to go to any trouble, they just sound so good and come up in conversation so often I was hoping we had them here but I'm thinking no such luck...
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote