Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 218/144.0/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Phases 3 and 4

I've tried posting in the life after phase 1 thread and am not having many replies. After being on phase 1 for 5 months and losing 74 pounds, I've started phase 3. I'm really struggling with finding information though. I wasn't given anything by my coach except the page with the chart on it. Is there more information available? I really want to be successful at keeping this weight off!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/199/170

Height: 65

Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #33  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
thank you lynn! i can't PM you though...it wont let me. I appreciate your support and encouragement. I am back on plan strong today. almost a 6 pound gain this week and the pain i was in last night was sooo not worth it. looks like my body doesn't really like that food even though my tastebuds do!
Way to go Amber. Hang in there. Let us know how you are doing.

Lynn
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm so thankful for this forum. Is this a forum or a chat room? I don't know the terminology.
My Dr.'s office is just not fun - the cardiologist sent out an email this morning stating that we have to bring in our food logs every week or we're kicked off the diet, if we cheat once there's a warning but if we cheat twice we're terminated from the diet. She's obviously terrified of losing her new job opportunity - she keeps having Workshops to bring in new clients. This is her third workshop in 5 weeks. When I go in to get weighed, the halls are crowded, people are hanging from the rafters, it's chaos. I don't like her, I don't like the way she talks to me and I'm frustrated with her lack of knowledge. The first week, she told me I could start running 4 miles a day. Last week, the nurse told me that I should really hit the cardio. Today she sends out an email blast saying not to do any strenuous exercise explaining that we're in a catabolic state. The Nurse makes mistakes and measures me in different places, she seems to be dislexic when writing down numbers. It's all a little frightening. Im not comfortable putting my health in such inept hands. The only place that makes me feel secure with this diet, is this forum.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #35  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Checking in to stay accountable! Have a good IP day everyone!!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #36  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Thanks Linden!
My Father is so supportive and couldn't believe how well I have done! My Father and I are very close and even though I will always be his little girl, he treats me as an adult. The love and support from my family is amazing, I am truely blessed.
You really are. Fortunately mine's mellowed somewhat over the years. Well, shoot, now that I think of it I guess he'd better have. I mean, he's going to be 100 in five weeks.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 222/207.8/150

I'm having and absolutely RAVENOUS third week..!!! What's up with me? Week 1 and 2 were so easy. This week I feel out of control and want to fall way-way off the wagon. What do I do? I'm eating lettuce. Yup, and we all know how very satisfying lettuce is. Somebody hog-tie me and duck tape my mouth!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #38  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

uh oh, i think i misunderstood my coach. i thought he said the gum was "stride", but i think he said "spry". i've been chewing stride and orbit white with sorbitol. is this bad?

Day 16 today and i haven't cheated once on this diet. i don't think i've ever made it this far without a cheat

tried the crispy cereal pancake for lunch with WF syrup. The pancake was pretty good. i think next time i'll add splenda for a bit more sweetness and a touch more vanilla. the WF syrup is very thin and a bit flavorless but it's better than nothing. i LOVE pancakes!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
I'm having and absolutely RAVENOUS third week..!!! What's up with me? Week 1 and 2 were so easy. This week I feel out of control and want to fall way-way off the wagon. What do I do? I'm eating lettuce. Yup, and we all know how very satisfying lettuce is. Somebody hog-tie me and duck tape my mouth!
My coach says you can eat as much celery and cucumbers as needed. Hang in there!!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #40  
Tasha

S/C/G: 178/168/145

Hey guys, just checking in. I'm an online IP member, currently half-way thru week 2 and already tired of lettuce any tips?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #41  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Hello Icason...

Have you tried different lettuces? Maybe a spring mix? There is a recipe thread in the main IP forum, you may want to check that out. Be careful tho, some of the recipes are not for phase 1. Your eating your other 4 cups of veggies a day, right?

Good Luck.... this is a great place to hang out, lots of support, ideas and inspiration here.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #42  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
I'm so thankful for this forum. Is this a forum or a chat room? I don't know the terminology.
My Dr.'s office is just not fun - the cardiologist sent out an email this morning stating that we have to bring in our food logs every week or we're kicked off the diet, if we cheat once there's a warning but if we cheat twice we're terminated from the diet. She's obviously terrified of losing her new job opportunity - she keeps having Workshops to bring in new clients. This is her third workshop in 5 weeks. When I go in to get weighed, the halls are crowded, people are hanging from the rafters, it's chaos. I don't like her, I don't like the way she talks to me and I'm frustrated with her lack of knowledge. The first week, she told me I could start running 4 miles a day. Last week, the nurse told me that I should really hit the cardio. Today she sends out an email blast saying not to do any strenuous exercise explaining that we're in a catabolic state. The Nurse makes mistakes and measures me in different places, she seems to be dislexic when writing down numbers. It's all a little frightening. Im not comfortable putting my health in such inept hands. The only place that makes me feel secure with this diet, is this forum.
Hope everyone has a great day.
that sounds absolutely terrible. i would look for another coach if i were you. there have to be multiple IP sources in the LA area, with it being so big and all. personally, i am excited to see my coach and dr. every week. i am the only one there during my appointment, and they do not rush me at all. they are very supportive of my progress, and they take the time to discuss any problems i am having (cheats or otherwise), and they never scold me or threaten, we talk like adults. i think that is how coaches and weigh ins should be.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Working out in phase 1?

I started IP yesterday and my coach told me that it was ok to workout since I have been working out 5-6 times a week before I started. On yesterday on the daily thread Rondar said that I shouldn't be working out. I was just wondering what other peoples ideas, thoughts, and what their coaches said. Have a great day and thanks for all of your support.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #44  
Started IP Jan 5 2011

S/C/G: 186/155/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hello everyone, congrats to those posting loses this week and a big thank you to everyone who participates and motivates.

NSV Today: Just got back from the doctors and my blood work was excellent, my Metabolic Panel and Lipid Profile were all normal (woooo whoooo)!

I finally broke the plateau I was in for the past two weeks with a 1.5 lb weight loss which I will accept as a success while dealing with other health problems that cause edema and allergic reactions. I had to quit using the Soy containing IP products and this past week the additional supplements (omega3, enzymes and anti oxy). Things are getting back to normal after eliminating some of the products I'm sensitive to.

I was really happy to see my glucose and thyroid tests come back negative and at normal levels

My Doctor read the IP information I gave to her and told me she finds it very interesting but like any doctor, tends to have areas of concern or disagreement, otherwise she thinks my weight loss and lab test results show this is a success for me

I haven't posted much nor have I been motivated to do so lately but want to thank everyone who posts because of you all I didn't give up when things got tough.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgadsMe View Post
I get that way here and there. My coach told me to eat a hard boiled egg when I feel that way. It has helped tremendously. That little thing fills me right up! It hasn't effected my weight loss at all, you might have to experiment and see what it does for you!
Closed Thread