Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim me down View Post
Good day all....
I am just wondering if I should go out and by a scale?? Or if I should just do my weigh ins only with my coach and keep the suspense for those times only....I am really curious to weigh myself every morning when I get up cause I am so excited so see what I have lost over night..LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I bought mine at the pharmacy.
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! LOL i am going to be a MAJOR hypocrite here...but i have to tell you JUST SAY NO to the at home weigh ins!!! i am ADDICTED to my scale and my mood and day are often dependent on what that dang scale tells me in the morning...and at night. That's right i get on morning and night...why? Cause i have a problem!! when i did WW i didn't have a scale and i only weighed in there and that made it so that no matter how much i lost i was excited to see it! now my weight can fluctuate by a pound or more on a daily basis cause of water, digestion etc etc and i let it affect me. if i could go back i would. All that really matters is what you weigh on your official weigh in day and time. but if you have to i totally understand cause i couldn't stand it now that i have experienced the at home scale experience.

I have seen the ketostix online for the cheapest price. but then with shipping well....anyway google them and there will be a "shopping" link and you can compare prices there and see what stores near you may have them for pickup and instant gratification. I thought about getting those but well let's just say i knew i would be the way i am with the above mentioned scale...so I have stayed away.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by amber2beme; 01-18-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

This is day four for me... I am struggling big time. I am really hoping that the temptations won't be as strong while I working as they were at home!!! I was absolutley EXHAUSTED yesterday, went to bed early last night and feel pretty good, so far, today...
Any tips or tricks you can offer a true newbie??
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

AFM--NSV, walking up my stairs carrying my twins to their beds (50 pounds up and down the stairs several times a day, whew!) and MY SHORTS FELL OFF! Just fell right down around my ankles, so I just kicked them off and kept climbing. I got a serious case of the giggles, though! They were tight three weeks ago!!!
That's awesome! *giggles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I should be going from a DD to an A or B.
Are you sure you wanna go that small? That is pretty small. LOL! No offence to anyone of the A size, but it is pretty small.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #64  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
An 'A' are you sure?
Oh yes, I'm sure! I have been lugging these ladies around with me for 18 years - they're too big for my body and I'm tired of hurting!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Starting Jury Duty today. Wondering what I will do for my afternoon snack? Can't bring anything in Courtroom with you to eat or drink! Could be a long week! I usually have Chai tea with Vanilla RTD every afternoon!
Oooo.. that sounds a bit rough. Will they be allowing any breaks? are you allowed a locker or place to keep your handbag? If yes to those questions, try to take a bar,puffs, or drink packet. That would be easy to have quickly on a break. Also, you should be able to get some bottled water at a vending machine or convenience stand in the courthouse. (at least that was my experience) With the water you can make up a protein drink to get you through.

You could, alternatively, call whomever is coordinating the jury and ask what they recommend so you can still accommodate your dietary needs. THEY MUST encounter this occasionally with those who have special needs (diabetics occasionally have special circumstances).

I attended one jury selection day (not jury duty) and they were perfectly fine with a bag lunch being brought in. In that case, it was quite easy to pack my salad, steamed veggies, and protein drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all! Just wanted to RE ask my IP omelette question regarding the higher carb content? did anyone else see that? Was it not like 3 before? now with the new packaging it is 6 or 7 I think?? how many carbs does it take before an IP item is considered restricted? in the 'teens'?
My box is of the older version and it too is only 3 carbs, 2 are fiber so, only 1 net carb.

It wouldn't be a restricted packet at 6g carbs. The chocolate drink packet has more than that, even the yogurt drink has more if you are in Canada.

Many of the packets are being reformulated. Until a coach receives instruction from IP that they are changing the classification and passes that on, I would continue to follow the program as written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
This and other posts makes me wonder if i should be tracking how many carbs I am taking in each day. I weigh in tonight and if it is not very good then maybe i will start doing that. I have just been trusting in the program and saying ok i have been told to eat this and that through out the day. but my coach also isn't one that gives out restricted items right away....and i eat the omelette.
Tracking of carbs is NOT a concern for IP. It has been suggested by several coaches and is shared on this board. Those who do keep to the lower end are typically a bit faster in their initial loss.

IP is reformulating the packets and many are going up in carbs BUT, many are also getting more fiber so, in the end, net carbs are the same.

Part of the reason may be that adding fiber could help with the bowel issues that occur. ALSO, it is suggested that by increasing the carbs a bit it may help people transition more easily and stay to the program a bit better.

Keep in mind, once weare awhile into ketosis we can increase carbs a bit and keep in ketosis and continue to burn fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post

For me WI is after work today. I think (hope) I'm down about 3 lbs, and that will put me into the 180's. Man, it's been a LONG time since I was there!
I was at my family doctors yesterday for the first time since being on IP and he is fully on board. I haven't been on my high blood pressure pills for about 2 months and my recent blood work shows that my blood sugar is way down so that I am out of the 'danger' zone and back to normal. My cholesterol is still a little high, not enough for meds, but that's probably mostly due to my Finnish heritage.
I really need to go buy a few new clothes for work. I've been trying to hold out because I still have several sizes to lose. But my pants all have baggy butt and my tops and jackets are way too big. Oh well, nice problem to have.
Hope you all have a fabulous IP day!
Congratulations! You have so many great pieces of news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Question about Ketone test sticks. I have used them and compare them to the colors on the bottle. I seem to always be in the last 2 colors which above it say "Large". What exactly does this mean? I know my body is in Ketosis, but what does "Large" imply? Does it imply heavy Ketosis state? Just trying to understand.

What would cause the Ketone levels to drop? Say if I went down from large to small.

Is it ok to always be in the upper ranges?
The large is usually a high level of ketones. It has been said that you burn more efficiently in the low to moderate range. That may only be because as ketones increase some people become more acidic. In general, provided you know you don't have diabetes, you will be fine at the larger end of the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to encourage everyone to do well today. If your struggling take time to review your goals, look at your before pics, and make time to get on here for support. For those of you that have weigh in's today

Sheila
Hey Girl! I hope you are doing well today. You always have such smart reminders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I am soooo craving for a soup for supper!!! Anyone has any ideas on recipes that are quick and that do not involve the IP soup's??

I hope WE ALL have GREAT day on IP !!!
You can make your own homemade vegetable or chicken broth, it helps to control the sodium and additives. Using that, add back appropriate veggies, and chicken. Divide up your servings. It should come out to roughly 1-2 cups veg and 5 oz chicken per person. Season with your sea salt, pepper, garlic, onion, poultry type seasonings etc. It makes a wonderful hearty and NORMAL soup.

I debone my chicken after it boils then weigh the meat to know how many ounces I have. I use that divided by 5 to figure out how many portions then make sure I have an appropriate quantity of veggies for those servings. So, for 4 servings of meet I add 8 cups of vegetables. I use about 1.5 cups broth per serving and add water if it seems a little too "stew" like.

If I want potatoes, I substitute chunks of cauliflower stalk, turnips, or rutabaga. They are nice in combination too and help control the carbs.

In any combination that I am in the mood for I add small bits of kale or spinach, asparagus, broccoli, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, bean sprouts, snow peas, bell pepper, fennel, or tomato. It isn't the usual soup but, it works.

For chili I use meat, garlic, onion, a bit of tomato paste, some chopped tomato, and black soy beans. I follow Dr Tran's advice when it comes to this recipe and believe that a bit of the tomato is not a problem. I also have used a bit of greek yogurt or sour cream (as he does in the recipes on his own website).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post

I go in a sweater dress with tights and a tank top underneath. From the first day, I stripped to my tights and tank (except for the picture! I want to be able to post my before and afters in more than my skivvies!). My coach laughed because I blush when he measures me, but oh well!

AFM--NSV, walking up my stairs carrying my twins to their beds (50 pounds up and down the stairs several times a day, whew!) and MY SHORTS FELL OFF! Just fell right down around my ankles, so I just kicked them off and kept climbing. I got a serious case of the giggles, though! They were tight three weeks ago!!!
Thanks for the giggle! I love that story!

I always weighed in my first outfit (light weight cargos and a tshirt). When that no longer fit, I switched to yoga pants and a tank. I just carried it with me and changed into it when I was at the office.

Quote:
Thanks for the support y'all. I am really excited - surgery is scheduled for Feb. 10th & I will go back to work on March 7th. I will be talking to my coach about it tomorrow and to the PA when I go in on Friday for my pre-op appt because I wonder if I should be phasing off before surgery. Others have talked about the need for extra calories in healing, so it's something that I am curious about.

Joliebug82 , I will be happy to send you some pics! I should be going from a DD to an A or B.
Congratulations!

REALLY??? You are going to an A or B? I am a DD (was a DDD) I can't imagine going to a B let alone an A. I have thought of a lift and reduction in the past, but, given my hip waist ratio, I don't think I would look right below a D or DD.

I am so happy you were approved. I am sure it is something you will be glad to have done.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #66  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Thanks for the support y'all. I am really excited - surgery is scheduled for Feb. 10th & I will go back to work on March 7th. I will be talking to my coach about it tomorrow and to the PA when I go in on Friday for my pre-op appt because I wonder if I should be phasing off before surgery. Others have talked about the need for extra calories in healing, so it's something that I am curious about.

Joliebug82 , I will be happy to send you some pics! I should be going from a DD to an A or B.
this made me smile. i think it's funny that us girls always want what we don't have. i have always been an A or B (they are a full B now due to weight gain), but always wanted to be a full C cup. i know that losing weight on IP is also going to make me lose the small, although awesome, weight that i put on in my chest

so cheers to you for being able to acquire the perfect size for you!!! i am very excited for you!!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #67  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Day 1.. not bad :)

Well, day one went well. It was not without temptation but, I was able to get through the day with little real discomfort or issue.

I am not half way through day two. Still doing ok. Bit of a headache beginning. I don't think it is water or salt related though. I have had 50 ounces of water so far and nearly all of my salt.

Think I will have some more herb tea this afternoon. I might even go to bed early. Anything just to get to day 3 and on with this!

I hope everyone is doing well today. So many great successes and NSVs yesterday! I am happy for all of you!

By the way, is anyone still in touch with Kelsey? Have you heard from her? I often wonder how (Melissa) Kelsey is doing.

Well, off to the airport. My dad and step-mom are getting back in town from Seattle. He has traveled so much during his retirement. I really look forward to each of his visits home. I think I might have his company for all of a month this time! I am going to enjoy it. Starting this May he will be up in Alaska for the summer so, I won't see him often at all.

See you all tonight!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #68  

S/C/G: Starting weight /146 / 135/130

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone!
Officially on the charts now with Ip! I WI today at 146 pds, had my measurements taken and bodyfat, bmi ect...I'm really excited about losing what I have gained in the last year about 10-15 pds, my goal is 130-135.
I love reading your post's, it gives me motivation!! =)
Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???

Last edited by bulleriina; 01-18-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #70  

Juiceman11: The darker the color, means you're dehydrated...So drink more water =) I believe it's ideal to be in the middle area, but anywhere above trace means you're burning your own body fat! =) Good Job!!

Last edited by sunnygirl2; 01-18-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Forgot to put Juiceman11
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???
It's 1-2 tsp. It's a good fat, I don't know the calorie content though...
Old 01-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #72  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirl2 View Post
Juiceman11: The darker the color, means you're dehydrated...So drink more water =) I believe it's ideal to be in the middle area, but anywhere above trace means you're burning your own body fat! =) Good Job!!
I drink on average 144oz of water a day. Could I really be dehydrated? Anymore water and I would float away and never be at my desk getting work done. I would be in the bathroom all the time. LOL!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #73  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
This is day four for me... I am struggling big time. I am really hoping that the temptations won't be as strong while I working as they were at home!!! I was absolutley EXHAUSTED yesterday, went to bed early last night and feel pretty good, so far, today...
Any tips or tricks you can offer a true newbie??
I am only about 2weeks ahead of you and the truth is the first few days really sucked for me and I was EXHAUSTED until about day 6 -- it helps me to frame it in terms of detox - I have never detoxed from anything so I cannot say for certain but it helps me think of it that way - this is a struggle for both the mind and body (and for me bad habits like mindless grazing)- just keep in mind that the benefit outweighs the few days of misery. We can do anything for a few days no matter how hard- it just a process. I tell myself "you have to go through it there is no going around it." (my inner monologue) At least I knew when I was feeling like garbage that my body was doing what it needed to - and that gave me some comfort. My best advice --DRINK ALL YOUR WATER and then some (caps only for emphasis not yelling ) Take your supplements, salt and oil and follow the program --it will work-- (I say this as a bona fide certified skeptic)
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #74  

Juiceman11: I just remember reading that somewhere, lol!! (sorry) Well you definately are not dehydrated!! Keep up the good work, and don't worry about the stick's as long as you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing, and are losing that's all that matter's....

Last edited by sunnygirl2; 01-18-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 167/148/145

Height: 5' 4"

I posted this on another thread, but has any one heard or tried Miracle Noodles?
Closed Thread