Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #241  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ya'll,

Today is my first day too! I'm so excited!

I've been stalking this forum for about a week now and I'm so excited to be here. Its good to meet you all! I'm 29, live in VA, work for the Navy. Gained a bunch of weight when I went on anti-depressants and even though I've been off them for 3 years still can't lose the weight.

So I'm so exciting to be doing IP. Everything else I've tried I haven't been totally convinced but knew it was worth the try. This I'm genuinely excited for. And hearing all your successes is extremely motivating.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #242  

Last night before dinner I was so hungry and I wanted to exercise, so I age a hard boiled egg. I hope I didn't do much harm. I think I am following the plan right, but having a few pieces of tomato on my night salad and some SF pickles too. I still get tummy rumbling mid morning and mid afternoon.

Novak - Thanks so much for your post. It is how I feel and sometimes I need to hear it when I am hungry or had a bad day. I also look at this plan as a successful solution for me when all others have failed. Failure is not an option this time.

Sam0617 - 3.5# is a great loss for a week. If you were on another plan that would be unheard of. You are doing well.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I am on Day 1 of IP! Here we go!! I am so encouraged by what I am reading, yet scared because I just can't imagine it working this great for me. So far that only thing I am experiencing is a headache. I guess for lunch I will make sure I get my Sea Salt in. I'll post my weight in a week. (Fingers crossed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi Ya'll,

I've been stalking this forum for about a week now and I'm so excited to be here. Its good to meet you all! I'm 29, live in VA, work for the Navy. Gained a bunch of weight when I went on anti-depressants and even though I've been off them for 3 years still can't lose the weight.

So I'm so exciting to be doing IP. Everything else I've tried I haven't been totally convinced but knew it was worth the try. This I'm genuinely excited for. And hearing all your successes is extremely motivating.
Hiya and

This forum is awesome for support, and answering questions etc - I've found it extremely valuable to my success!!

A few tips for your first week:

Always get your supplements in, they are vital to making sure your body doesn't go in to starvation mode.

Make sure you drink all your water and get your sea salts in.

If you find you're hungry during your first week - your best option is an extra package of IP food.

If you have a headache drink an 8 oz glass of water with 1/2 tsp of sea salt in it.

And finally if you think you can't make it, just know that after three days you feel MUCH MUCH better

Good luck on your first week!!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Last night before dinner I was so hungry and I wanted to exercise, so I age a hard boiled egg. I hope I didn't do much harm. I think I am following the plan right, but having a few pieces of tomato on my night salad and some SF pickles too. I still get tummy rumbling mid morning and mid afternoon.
yingyang - a hard boiled egg is a great choice to get you through when you're hungry. Protein is always the best choice!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #245  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for the response So, when did you start?
January 24th...
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #246  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Hi Ya'll,

Welcome, fellow Northern Virginian and Fed! (Guess what agency I work for... is it too obvious?)
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Have you guys found that the scale shows less of a loss the week before TOM, or the week during TOM? I'm curious because Monday will be first weigh in while on TOM and I am wondering what to expect?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #248  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Just wanted to do a quick post as I just had my weigh in and was down 4 lbs and 4 inches. I was relieved as I added the bars in last week, but increased my exercise too. I feel great and am so motivated. I have NOT had a single cheat and plan to keep it that way. I'm not paying $81 a week for a handful of chip or a cookie!!!! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming weighs and congrats to all the losses already! Keep it up!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #249  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Just wanted to do a quick post as I just had my weigh in and was down 4 lbs and 4 inches. I was relieved as I added the bars in last week, but increased my exercise too. I feel great and am so motivated. I have NOT had a single cheat and plan to keep it that way. I'm not paying $81 a week for a handful of chip or a cookie!!!! Good luck to everyone on their upcoming weighs and congrats to all the losses already! Keep it up!
Congrats on the loss Ritiki!!!!! That's fantastic!

I'm hoping for 4 lbs this week so I can be down 40 lbs before my birthday - I hope some of your skinny mojo wears off on me!!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #250  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya and

This forum is awesome for support, and answering questions etc - I've found it extremely valuable to my success!!

A few tips for your first week:

Always get your supplements in, they are vital to making sure your body doesn't go in to starvation mode.

Make sure you drink all your water and get your sea salts in.

If you find you're hungry during your first week - your best option is an extra package of IP food.

If you have a headache drink an 8 oz glass of water with 1/2 tsp of sea salt in it.

And finally if you think you can't make it, just know that after three days you feel MUCH MUCH better

Good luck on your first week!!
Thanks for the encouragement. My headache is pretty bad right now. I felt like a prisoner eating her last lunch today. I never thought that a tiny cup of IP soup and steamed broccoli could taste so heavenly
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #251  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking that maybe I should apologize for my comment about cheating? Back when I was paying for IP products only I guess I felt a little more weary about it but now that I'm saving $50 a week I guess I have let me guard down a little bit. Probably shouldn't because I do want my weight down as quickly as possible but for me, it's nice to have a bite of something I miss every now and then so I don't over indulge later. That being said, I am not encouraging cheating, if you look at the results others who have been very strict have had compared to myself who has slipped 3 times over my 5 weeks then you will see who has made the better choice. Stay strong
Old 03-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Is anyone chewing the spry gum? It is allowable but it also has .72 gms of carbs. I can be a big gum addict and don't know if I really want to start chewing gum again but I sure miss it especially when I am at work.
I feel a little guilty saying this, but I chew Spry as well as regular sugar free gum ALL DAY LONG and it has not slowed my weight loss one bit, nor has it taken me out of ketosis at all, I check every morning with the strips. I am going to slow down with it but I think it's perfectly safe to chew Spry once or twice a day.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emichelle View Post
ckanable

You have to be kidding me!! That is my coach and my...BOSS!! HAHAHAHA That's awesome. I love her...great great woman! (She really is super woman)
What a small world!! Jan is such a phenomenal woman! I am actually in Colorado right now and she does the long distance coaching with me and ships all my food --it has been great so far. It's like an excuse to chat with my aunt on a weekly basis (and I didn't do this before so we are able to become closer )

Tell her hi from her neice Cassie and she will be so excited that we found each other on this forum
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #254  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
I am on Day 1 of IP! Here we go!! I am so encouraged by what I am reading, yet scared because I just can't imagine it working this great for me. So far that only thing I am experiencing is a headache. I guess for lunch I will make sure I get my Sea Salt in. I'll post my weight in a week. (Fingers crossed)
Welcome! It does get easier, Im almost done my 2nd week and Im feeling great

Last edited by sassykimann; 03-11-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #255  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Great job and great loss!
Closed Thread