Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #121  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
ok so I slipped up and had a couple string cheeses today. They are low fat though so does anyone thing I am in major trouble here?
I think you'll be fine. No carbs in string cheese:

dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/handi-snacks-mozzarella-string-cheese-6549.htm

Anything that kicks us out of ketosis is dangerous but this shouldn't.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibakeuacookie View Post
So I'm new to the whole IP diet. I will start next Monday. I have been wanting to change my livestyle and weight and go on a diet for years but never had the right motivation. I think that with the one on one coaching I'll be able to do it. I really want this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I shoud do or shouldn't?
Hello!
Some initial suggestions:
-Read through as many of the past posts on this forum you can..there is great information and support
-Check out the recipe section for IP as well!
-Know what kind of coach your coach will be.. this sounds important to you and it certainly is to me. If you read this forum, you will see a mix of people -some of whom have very helpful, knowledgeable and supportive coaches and some people who do not have this kind of coach. I venture to say that many people on this forum probably know much more than their own coaches. Some coaches are really just salespeople pushing to sell the product.
-I don't know where you live, but if you are in an area where there are a few clinics or places that offer Ideal Protein, you may want to get as much info from them all before you make your choice on where to go. Listen to your intuition to make that choice on which coach you think will support you the most. However, if you are like me and some others on this board and you only have one place near you where you can get this....keep close to this board for your best information and support! BTW, there are others here that don't even have a coach and have to order IP at idealtogo.com ...
-Decide if you want to start with 1 restricted item a day or forego the restricted items for the first few weeks (there is conflicting information on the protocal sheets that dispute this that some of us have, not all sheets given to all new dieter's on IP are the same!)
-Drink your water!

Best of luck and welcome!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! It's been a while since I posted - lots of midterms this week but I need a break for a few minutes. Sounds like everyone is doing fabulously! Congrats on everyone's NSVs and weight loss this week. Keep up the good work!

Although I weigh myself on Sundays I've been checking more often because I am excited to get into the 160s and today the scale said 169! I am only 7lbs away from weighing less than my husband - so excited!!

I have a question - does anyone use ketostix? If so, what kind of readings do you usually get? My readings vary from "trace" to "moderate" levels of ketones.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 135.5/125.0/121.0

Height: 5' 3"

Hi, this is my first post. I'd like alternatives (think cheaper) to IP packets. I don't want to be the thinnest woman in the "poor house". Please advise.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #125  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I'm going to get personal here so I hope I don't offend anyone. I am about 7 weeks into the program and have just started having some bowel issues...constipation to be exact. I actually had to use a suppository laxative on Friday to get things moving. Seemed okay after that, but it's starting again. I did take a stool softener last night after someone recommended it. I am eating plenty of lettuce and all of my veggies. Has anyone else had this same experience? Will the stool softener help with the bloated feeling or do I need a laxative? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!
At my weigh in today, I discussed this issue with my counselor. I am now going to take a teaspoon of Citrate of Magnesia in the morning and evening, to keep things regular. Good Luck to you, it's a horrible feeling for sure.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #126  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Well not only did I cave in with the string cheese, I caved in with a not-to-be-named food. My guard was down today... I'm so angry with myself. I rationalized it and after I finished my "cheat" my rationalization suddenly didn't make sense anymore. Owell. I guess I have 2 more months to lose my last 25 lbs. so hopefully as long as I only have minor cheats every now and then I will make it. Has anyone had a meal where they ate off IP pretty bad but still managed to lose some lbs. or inches if they stuck to the plan the rest of the week? If so, it would be encouraging to hear.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #127  

Height: 5'10"

Rachel, I don't have any experience with it *yet*. I think it's important you don't beat yourself up about it though. Can't go back and un-do it. I'm glad you took the time to stop and think about it! You've had great results on IP, I know you'll reach your goal!

And speaking of cheats...my counselor told me today that if anyone in their clinic cheats twice, they will throw them out because those people aren't considered serious about their weight loss. WOWzers.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 PM   #128  
RJC

Quote:
Has anyone had a meal where they ate off IP pretty bad but still managed to lose some lbs. or inches if they stuck to the plan the rest of the week? If so, it would be encouraging to hear.
I think cardio to burn through the carbs in your system would be important after a cheat.

I agree, don't beat yourself up over it just get back on track!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #129  
RJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
And speaking of cheats...my counselor told me today that if anyone in their clinic cheats twice, they will throw them out because those people aren't considered serious about their weight loss. WOWzers.
WOWzers is right. Seems like this just may push people into not telling the truth to their coach.....not good if you ask me.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Thanks, Newsiemom. We'll have to keep track of each other's progress. What are you aiming for.
I am aiming for 135 pounds if that is what you mean. I may look to you for strength once in awhile, and hope you will do the same.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #131  
1/5/11

Quote:
Rachel, I don't have any experience with it *yet*. I think it's important you don't beat yourself up about it though. Can't go back and un-do it. I'm glad you took the time to stop and think about it! You've had great results on IP, I know you'll reach your goal!

LOL I would have been kicked out a while back then... I don't see how they can do that, we pay for the food and an initial outrageous fee to join their program. Yikes.
and cardio
sounds like a good plan.......
Old 03-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #132  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by candylechat View Post
Hi, this is my first post. I'd like alternatives (think cheaper) to IP packets. I don't want to be the thinnest woman in the "poor house". Please advise.
Check out the alternate IP thread.. we can help you there
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
And they call that "support"? That's just plain crap. I was a health care professional for 15 years, and the patients with the most difficulty staying with a program were the ones who needed my help the most. I couldn't imagine just kicking them out. I also think RJC is right that this type of policy encourages people to lie to their coach -- not a good thing.

Good thing we have our wonderful info / support group here.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #134  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

WyoSky....I am in Sundance...therefore the name. There are 3 of us on IP here and it has helped having someone to talk to. Looking forward to all the info this board has to offer.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #135  
RJC

Quote:
an initial outrageous fee to join their program.
What did you pay upfront? Is this common? I didn't pay anything to start....
Closed Thread