Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #331  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

relder- Just thought this may help you! I log all my food in sparkpeople.com and my username is baseballmom4. You can keep track of your weight and get all sorts of motivating help, there is even a IP group, but it's not very active. You can check my food out so you can "see" it. We are all in this together!!! Good luck to you!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #332  

thanks i am going to chekc it out right now!!

what are you doing abou the serving size verses 2 cups?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #333  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Josh,

I am in AZ. and have been reading this blog for two months. I am very proud of your sucess and would like to know what your typicial food choices are? I laughed at your first few blogs on your website over what you liked and did not like. Did you abandon your site?

How did the Turnip Fries turn out?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #334  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Oh man, I tried the turnip fries last night, and they were awesome. They really reminded me of sweet potato fries. Next thing to try: turnip chips.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #335  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

relder- I know you are not supposed to do this, but I eyeball it.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #336  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Very bummed friends & I need to VENT! My weigh in this week was not what I expected AT ALL!!! I only lost a pound & gain a 1% of fat back. I did supposedly lose 3 inches in my waist. So this is 2 weeks with a low weight loss, 2.8lbs in the past 2 weeks! I am getting frustrated to say the least. Why am I PAYING $100 a week to lose a pound???

My coach graciously spent 45 minutes with me, about 30 minutes more than normal, explaining why this may have happened & how to correct it. My coach said that my body may have gotten use to what I was feeding it & is attempting to hold on to what I have left, which in my opinion is 20 lbs at least left. So I have hit a plateau, to say the least.

She reviewed my weekly food diary, which I preplanned before eating for the next day. EVERY DAY, every single day, starting on Thursday, I have been under 25 carbs & did NOT eat anything that is NOT allowed. I cannot find my sheet, TURNIPS are not a restricted item are they? That is the ONLY place that I can think may have been different for me.

Last Wednesday though, I went to Applebee’s & I had a salad with bacon bits & cheese. I forgot to ask them to not put it on there, as I don’t eat there enough to know what is put on the salads, but do now…just in case for next time. I provided my own dressing courtesy of Walden Farms. I also ate that night a 7 oz sirloin & broccoli. I calculated my carbs that day on sparkpeople.com at 38 carbs. I lost weight for the next few days, so you would think that if the bacon & cheese pushed me out of ketosis, I would not have lost for the next few days. I will confess, I am a daily scale hopper, only in the mornings & since Sunday, I have been stuck at 160, 160.2 & 160.4. GRRRR. My coach has mentioned in the past that going above 45 carbs might put you out of ketosis. But since last Thursday, I have been in the recommended 20-25 carb range & doing everything by the book! I log my foods prior to eating them, I am getting all my vitamins, I am not cheating…I just don’t know.

So starting tomorrow I am going LOW CARB all the way, she calls it Ultimate BOOTCAMP & said she got this approved from IP itself. I will be limiting myself to 12-13 carbs per day by eating the lower carb IP product, Vanilla Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding & Chicken Soup. As far as veggies list goes, I will only be eating Red Cabbage, Celery, Chili Peppers, Endive, Escarole, Mushrooms, Radishes, Spinach & Watercress, with nothing being pickled or jarred. About half of that list I have NEVER heard of nor do I know how to prepare them. I will also add 100-150 calories of protein that I prepare daily, i.e. eggs, chicken, turkey. As far as exercise, no cardio but can do light strength! GRRRR! I am so frustrated & disappointed!

I have another dinner/movie date tonight & will be going to the Outback Steakhouse. I have looked over the menu & would like to order either a jr steak or salmon, side salad with NO TOPPINGS & then steamed veggies. But as irritated as I am right now, I would be about 40% inclined to just BLOW IT ALL! If my weight loss goes like it has the past 2 weeks, I WILL go off plan for my 30th birthday & just eat it all! If the ULTIMATE BOOTCAMP plan works, I think I will alternate them every other week.

She did answer a few other questions which were measure or weigh veggies & she said to measure as leafy greens have little weight. TO be in a healthy body fat range, she would recommend 22-30%, I am currently at 35%.

So for my rant, but I feel better now. I am so sorry to disappoint those who may have been rooting for me this week & taking me up on my previous posts & larger weight loss numbers. I feel like I let myself down, my coach & you down.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #337  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Very bummed friends & I need to VENT! My weigh in this week was not what I expected AT ALL!!! I only lost a pound & gain a 1% of fat back. I did supposedly lose 3 inches in my waist. So this is 2 weeks with a low weight loss, 2.8lbs in the past 2 weeks! I am getting frustrated to say the least. Why am I PAYING $100 a week to lose a pound???

My coach graciously spent 45 minutes with me, about 30 minutes more than normal, explaining why this may have happened & how to correct it. My coach said that my body may have gotten use to what I was feeding it & is attempting to hold on to what I have left, which in my opinion is 20 lbs at least left. So I have hit a plateau, to say the least.

She reviewed my weekly food diary, which I preplanned before eating for the next day. EVERY DAY, every single day, starting on Thursday, I have been under 25 carbs & did NOT eat anything that is NOT allowed. I cannot find my sheet, TURNIPS are not a restricted item are they? That is the ONLY place that I can think may have been different for me.

Last Wednesday though, I went to Applebee’s & I had a salad with bacon bits & cheese. I forgot to ask them to not put it on there, as I don’t eat there enough to know what is put on the salads, but do now…just in case for next time. I provided my own dressing courtesy of Walden Farms. I also ate that night a 7 oz sirloin & broccoli. I calculated my carbs that day on sparkpeople.com at 38 carbs. I lost weight for the next few days, so you would think that if the bacon & cheese pushed me out of ketosis, I would not have lost for the next few days. I will confess, I am a daily scale hopper, only in the mornings & since Sunday, I have been stuck at 160, 160.2 & 160.4. GRRRR. My coach has mentioned in the past that going above 45 carbs might put you out of ketosis. But since last Thursday, I have been in the recommended 20-25 carb range & doing everything by the book! I log my foods prior to eating them, I am getting all my vitamins, I am not cheating…I just don’t know.

So starting tomorrow I am going LOW CARB all the way, she calls it Ultimate BOOTCAMP & said she got this approved from IP itself. I will be limiting myself to 12-13 carbs per day by eating the lower carb IP product, Vanilla Pudding, Butterscotch Pudding & Chicken Soup. As far as veggies list goes, I will only be eating Red Cabbage, Celery, Chili Peppers, Endive, Escarole, Mushrooms, Radishes, Spinach & Watercress, with nothing being pickled or jarred. About half of that list I have NEVER heard of nor do I know how to prepare them. I will also add 100-150 calories of protein that I prepare daily, i.e. eggs, chicken, turkey. As far as exercise, no cardio but can do light strength! GRRRR! I am so frustrated & disappointed!

I have another dinner/movie date tonight & will be going to the Outback Steakhouse. I have looked over the menu & would like to order either a jr steak or salmon, side salad with NO TOPPINGS & then steamed veggies. But as irritated as I am right now, I would be about 40% inclined to just BLOW IT ALL! If my weight loss goes like it has the past 2 weeks, I WILL go off plan for my 30th birthday & just eat it all! If the ULTIMATE BOOTCAMP plan works, I think I will alternate them every other week.

She did answer a few other questions which were measure or weigh veggies & she said to measure as leafy greens have little weight. TO be in a healthy body fat range, she would recommend 22-30%, I am currently at 35%.

So for my rant, but I feel better now. I am so sorry to disappoint those who may have been rooting for me this week & taking me up on my previous posts & larger weight loss numbers. I feel like I let myself down, my coach & you down.
Meghan, I hear you. I've been stuck since I came back on the 28th(a lot of it's my fault, though. I'll talk about that in another post).

This is something I'm reluctant to discuss here, because I don't think everyone should all go try it, or even really consider it since this plan seems to be working out for so many of us anyway. But those of us who have been on Atkins before, and have read his first (and maybe 2nd)book over and over, will remember his fat fast for breaking plateaus. Basically, what he advises is eating low carb, but using densely fat choices for protien. I'll go back and copy here the suggested menu, but it's REALLY fatty stuff for 2 days only.

He even sites a study where people ate the same amount of calories divided into 4 groups: protien only; carbs only; carbs and protien only; and protien and fat only. They were fastidiously weighed underwater to get correct fat % and body weight. After, I think 2 weeks, the people who lost the most amount of body fat and weight were the people eating only fat and protien. Now, nobody get crazy and start altering the I.P. diet, because like I said, it works amazingly for all of us almost all the time, and it is even faster than Atkins. But when you mentioned the small additions of bacon and cheese, I remembered this fat fast of his. And no, bacon and that amount of cheese have virtually no carbs, so you would not have been pulled out of ketosis in any event. If your bootcamp doesn't work, and Cole stays stuck, maybe it'll be worth a try. IT"S ONLY FOR 2 or 3 DAYS, THOUGH!!!! And since there are no more than 20 carbs, you won't get out of ketosis and won't have to go through the bad part of the first 3 days of I.P. again when you resume like normal. Let me know what you think. It seems counterintuitive, but trust me, it works!

Last edited by echobaby; 01-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #338  

MeghanO - How much water are you drinking? If I don't drink enough water, my weight loss slows down. Just a thought!

Last edited by chjsmom; 01-13-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #339  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Thanks Echobaby, if bootcamp doesn't work I am willing to try your suggestion!

Chjsmom, I always get at least 12 cups of water per day, at least.

Meghan
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
Hi Josh,

I am in AZ. and have been reading this blog for two months. I am very proud of your sucess and would like to know what your typicial food choices are? I laughed at your first few blogs on your website over what you liked and did not like. Did you abandon your site?

How did the Turnip Fries turn out?

Thanks! I just really am myself when I talk and thats what I was thinking about those foods haha, My typical food choices are..Crispy cereal in the morning with 2 splenda packets in it, a vanilla premade with some salad, and then for dinner ive been having burgers packed with green onion and garlic with a slice of cheddar soy cheese and a slice of swiss soy cheese (coach said those count as veggies too!) then i was having broccoli with sliced soy cheese on it, but i started with the turnips now. then for dessert another vanilla premade im super easy, and if im really in the mood for one day ill have a bar for lunch instead of a drink.

Once you know what you want to have, its really easy to choose.

Yeah, I kept forgetting the blog thing and stopped updating sorrys!
I mostly talk in here anyways haha.

and the turnip fries were really good, but definately use the spices, and i used waldens farms bbq sauce, i might ask my coach if the reduced sugar heinz ketchup is okay, i mean it does only have 1 sugar and carb who knows, one can dream, lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #341  

Meghan O

Your loss of 'only' a pound is encouraging to some of us who lose less than that! My loss seems to be best every other week. I have lost 34.9 pounds since October 6 , but would love to be averaging the 3 pounds a week.
I do think hormones play a huge part whether in cycle or menopause like me.
The thing is, without discovering IP, I would be 34.9 pounds heavier now!
Here is how my loss has gone, should make you feel great about your pound!
+ .8
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #342  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Mirazon....What about inches? Do you feel like a new person? Do clothes fit completely different? Do tell!
My clothes do fit differently. I have lost weight in the past, but this seems to be different. So far I've not had to buy new clothes, just rediscovered some in my closets! When I say this time is different, I have to agree with what others have said. I'm fitting in to smaller sizes sooner than in previous weight loss attempts.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #343  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Not being able to reach the steering wheel with my thigh when I want to do something that requires both hands, while driving
TOO FUNNY!! Isn't the extra space in the car amazing!!! I can now get out without holding on to the door or the roof. Even better, I no longer make grunting noises while exerting myself to get out.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #344  

Hiya everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick introduction. I'm starting Ideal Protein on Monday morning (classic fat kid maneuver to start a 'diet' after the weekend I know!) and I'm really excited to get started.

I just wanted to thank you all for sharing so much information, and so many ideas and recipes. I am sure they will help in my success as they have with all of yours

So Hi & Thanks

Jordanna
Old 01-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #345  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by elishatamar View Post
NSV...

I've only had to take anti-inflammatories for my foot ONCE in the past month...and I was fine at the end of the day. Walking and standing with twenty pounds less on my foot makes such a difference, I can't wait to see what I can do when another twenty pounds come off!
Thats a HUGE benefit!!! Chronic pain is horrible so anything that helps is a true BLESSING!! Congratulations, I'm so glad this is having such positive benefits for you other than the weight loss.
Closed Thread