Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #436  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Whisky thingy....

I was wondering if one of those hand held coffee frother would work for the puddings? , I checked out the Lindora website, that stuff looks very yummy and the variety is crazy, unfortunately they dont ship to canada
I have just tried some of the puffs and nuts, they are really good - restricted but a very tasty treat.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #437  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I was wondering if one of those hand held coffee frother would work for the puddings? , I checked out the Lindora website, that stuff looks very yummy and the variety is crazy, unfortunately they dont ship to canada
I have just tried some of the puffs and nuts, they are really good - restricted but a very tasty treat.

The thing with the battery? I have one , and while it works for almost everything else, at some point the pudding starts to thicken and it won't move anymore. But those things are handy!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #438  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Now, that is an idea! Did you like the combo? I did not like the banana & I typically love banana flavored things, like laffy taffy & runts & REAL Banana pudding.
The banana pudding isn't bad, but it's my least favorite of all the puddings. I love real bananas, but I don't love banana flavoring, which is what this tasted like (so you'll probably like it). The banana/chocolate combo was definitely delicious though!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #439  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
Hey Everyone,

I made the turnip fries...they were very good...but mushy. Has anyone made them crunchy? How?

I have been told the supplements are extremely important..you are on an unbalanced diet and not getting all the vitamins and minerals you would be if eating regular food. So the supplements replace that. I am not saying it has to be IP supplements but you do need supplements!
We actually did steak and turnip fries under the broiler tonight. I've been cooking them at 425 for 15 min per side as suggested, but tonight we were STARVING and couldn't wait. They turned out great! They are typically pretty mushy, but the broiling made them a bit crispier. I preheated the broiler and cooked them for about 4 min on each side. Delicious!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Wow.....I am sitting here totally impressed!! What great posts!! I wish I could remember who said what.....(AGE....and if I look on the prior pages, my "message" disappears!!)

FIRST....Ottawa....I don't know how to do all those little "dancing things" -- but you KNOW how proud I am of you!

Princass!! OMG - below 200! What an awesome day! I remember the day I went below 200 (a few years back on Atkins)...I was doing the happy dance all over the house! Congrats!!

Mirazon....I didn't WANT to take it easy....but have had to do exactly that. No energy. The whole OHIO thing just wore this ol' gal out....especially the drive. Talked to my "transmission guy" today about my problems.....he says I can wait awhile to buy a different car. What a relief! I want to concentrate on me right now....This is my 2nd day on IP...no headaches or anything...whew!

LauraVP - those are wonderful ideas!! Thanks for "bringing it home" for me!

....and I HAVE heard of Lindora....and will definitely think of doing that after I hit goal (which I am sure I am moving to the drs. suggestion of 150). Hey...I got my size 10 jeans (Lilita...you probably are already in size 10's and don't even know it!!). Can't remember WHERE I heard of Lindora tho.....that is bothering me.

AND...BaseballMom (I love baseball) - my turnip fries were absolutely awesome! I couldn't believe how sweet they were! I had cut up 2 turnips...thinking I would have some for tomorrow night...but I ate it all!

Swilk - great idea about using the broiler for the turnip fries. Had my stove for 2 years....never used the broiler! (Did I mention I hate to cook?).

Mmmmm....the Clarisonic! I tried it for the first time tonight (nooooo....you can't eat it....). I guess it is a "skin-cleaning machine." It is made by the same people that make the Sonic toothbrush. I had been reading reviews on it for a few months...but kinda thought it was a gimmick (a very expensive gimmick). When I saw my Dr. was carrying it....I called her. She swears by it. (She also does botox, juvederm, veins, etc. She does a LOT of things...including being my regular dr....and doing the IP). They now use the Clarisonic before every procedure they do! Since I only got one Xmas present, I decided it was a present to myself. Look at reviews on qvc.com and makeupalley.com. They are pretty informative!

NOW....my ABS brakes went bad on my car....I smelled something burning. My mechanic can't look at it until Monday...so I am gonna stay home this weekend. Maybe I will even unpack a suitcase!!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #441  

Hello! I just started IP today and soooo excited! I'm looking for all the encouragement and support I can get - so happy to find this blog!

I'm just wondering if anyone will share their best practices, tips and bright ideas on IP?

Is day 1 hard for most? I'm just feeling hungry and dizzy and NOT liking it!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 PM   #442  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,
I'm new too - started last thursday. I've gone back & read all the posts. What an inspirational bunch!
Lilylou... I felt awful for the first 3 days.. last sunday was a little better. by monday I was feeling great. headache gone. dizziness gone & not hungry.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #443  

Finally got my food today, so I will be starting tomorrow, the bad news...I am leaving to go out of town for three days with my youngest daughter for a volleyball tournament. I really wish I could've started when I was home for three days because of all the stories about the first three days, but I am choosing to go for it and not wait until I get home on Monday.

I have packed all my packets and my shaker, and bringing a cooler with my vegetables. Using a pill container for my supplements. I figure worse case scenario...I will sit in the hotel room and send my daughter to the tournament with another parent, but hopefully I will be so involved with watching her I wont be thinking of food.

Anxious to see how things go, good luck this weekend to all!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Lilylou - I think nearly everyone has trouble the first week in some way or another. I had headaches. When you have a chance, go back and read posts from November and December....a lot of your questions will be answered there.

CherryFace - hope the volleyball tournament keeps you so enthralled that you won't even notice being hungry or any symptoms. (Forgot to tell you....any friend of Lilita is a friend of ours!! We love her!)

Got on an eating spree tonight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Nearly everything was IP approved or lowcarb...but I just couldn't stop eating. Watched 2 hours of Project Runway (sewing always makes me hungry)...but the end of the show got cut off....and it is 2am. Now I am upset that I don't know who won the all-star challenge.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #445  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Received some sad news last night. My husbands father has passed away after many years of serious health issues. Is a blessing that he is no longer in pain, and it was expected, but it is still hard to finally hear the news.

Realized exactly how much of an emotional eater I am because I immediately began to think of how to "comfort" myself with food when I heard the news. Didn't give in - but is quite an eye opener that in light of that kind of news, I wanted to reach for food to ease my pain.
So sorry about the loss of your father in law. You and your family are in my prayers. We're here when you need us.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 AM   #446  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin30 View Post
Hello everyone

I'm new here. I started Ideal protien in Nov.2009.
The first week I found it heard but after that it got much better. Yes, we do have our ups and downs in this diet. Now, when I make a meal for my Family it's mush easier.
It has been 7 weeks and Lost 33 lbs, I was size 18 and now 11. You start feeling great. I have 27 pounds to loose still. I want to reach my goal. I haven't cheated through the whole 7 weeks.

Woo-Hoo!! You will be at goal shortly. Congratulations on your success
Old 01-16-2010, 05:23 AM   #447  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
Hi all!!

Today is a huge day for me.....during my scale hopping this morning I seen the big 199.4. This was my x-mas goal and it took me 3 extra weeks to see it. What I have to constantly remind my self is that all this weight didn't just come on over night.
One-derland!!!You must be so HAPPY and PROUD of your accomplishment!! Congratulations
Old 01-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #448  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Lilita, Echobaby, SylvieG and Torchlaker, thanks for the forum party and the congrats!!

SylvieG - I used to work for NRC (12 years) but now work for private industry.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #449  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelheadedGirl View Post
I take the recommended IP supplements but add vitaminB, omega 3 and olive leaf extract both morning and night. I wonder if thats what the difference is.
What is Olive Leaf extract? Is this a pill or liquid?

TIA
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #450  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
I have a great TIP for everyone: Go to healthcentral.com ... You will then have a pretty accurate Body Fat Percentage... And now for my GREAT NEWS. I lost another 2 pounds and am officially below 180 for the first time in 26 years (I am 56 years old.) I am celebrating being out of the 180's forever!

What a great way to bring in the New Year!! Seeing a size you haven't been in 26 years!!! Absolutely love the dancing broccoli

Thanks for the tip I'm going to try it.
Closed Thread