Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #436  

I started IP on 12/1/10 and have lost 14 lbs. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's steady. My ultimate goal is to lose about 75 lbs. total. The doctor I'm working with said I should stop at 25 lbs., go off IP for 2 months, and begin exercising a lot. Then go back on IP and he says the weight will fall off. When the program refers to being on Phase 1 until 90% of the desired weight loss is reached, is that the total amount of weight you want to lose, or some smaller goal?
Another question is about the lettuce. Since it doesn't have much nutritional value, I haven't been getting in a lot of salads. I'm also not hungry so haven't wanted to eat more than I feel like. Is this detrimental to the weight loss? Thanks much for any and all help.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #437  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I sent my friend to www.idealtogo.com and it will not come up, wonder what's up with that?
maybe try going to: http://www.idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf or googling ideal to go and clicking on the link.. her browser could just be slow? or if she's on a mac and is using firefox (that browser really sucks and is always trick on my computer) tell her to use safari.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin96 View Post
I started IP on 12/1/10 and have lost 14 lbs. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's steady. My ultimate goal is to lose about 75 lbs. total. The doctor I'm working with said I should stop at 25 lbs., go off IP for 2 months, and begin exercising a lot. Then go back on IP and he says the weight will fall off. When the program refers to being on Phase 1 until 90% of the desired weight loss is reached, is that the total amount of weight you want to lose, or some smaller goal?
Another question is about the lettuce. Since it doesn't have much nutritional value, I haven't been getting in a lot of salads. I'm also not hungry so haven't wanted to eat more than I feel like. Is this detrimental to the weight loss? Thanks much for any and all help.
Jonlin- The lettuce actually does help a lot. I'm not sure where it is in the threads but Showgirlz wrote up a great description of all the benefits on the romaine and red leafy lettuce. It also helps with bulk in your system so you don't face the Big C.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #439  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
Jonlin- The lettuce actually does help a lot. I'm not sure where it is in the threads but Showgirlz wrote up a great description of all the benefits on the romaine and red leafy lettuce. It also helps with bulk in your system so you don't face the Big C.
I think most people agree that Romaine is the universally good lettuce. 32 calories for 4 cups (the daily minimum); 464 mg potassium, a vital supplement and almost 15% of the daily need; 2.31 gr protein; .56 gr lipid; only 6.19 gr carbs; 3.9 gr fiber (great fiber to carb ratio); plus calcium, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals; and only 15 mg of sodium. PLUS ALL 15 amino acids. What's not to love? And you can use it to make wraps, cook it, broil it, use it in stir fry.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyps View Post
maybe try going to: http://www.idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf or googling ideal to go and clicking on the link.. her browser could just be slow? or if she's on a mac and is using firefox (that browser really sucks and is always trick on my computer) tell her to use safari.
Being computer illiterate (me) does not help! I can get to it on my Iphone, just not on my computer, Not sure what it is..... I told her to just call the 800 number - I'm sure she would get the info she needs.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #441  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

I have a question.... Is it true that IP protein is like a "re-shaping" diet? I mean, do you loose fat in all your problem areas or do you loose fat all over at the same time? I mean most of my weight is on my hips and belly so I am wondering if I will lose weight from these areas more than others. I know a person that has been on the program for about 10 weeks and he said he had a hard time loosing his love handles and now they are gone, and that he had not had a flat belly for a while and now he's got one! What are your experiences?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
I have a question.... Is it true that IP protein is like a "re-shaping" diet? I mean, do you loose fat in all your problem areas or do you loose fat all over at the same time? I mean most of my weight is on my hips and belly so I am wondering if I will lose weight from these areas more than others. I know a person that has been on the program for about 10 weeks and he said he had a hard time loosing his love handles and now they are gone, and that he had not had a flat belly for a while and now he's got one! What are your experiences?
First, my waist starting shrinking and being menopausal, that was a major miracle! My arms and legs have always gone last as they are the heaviest. My torso went first, my butt next, around week 8 my legs started shrinking and lastly (which has always been my body's hold off..my arms, for the first time since my 20's started totally reshaping themselves. I mean, I look in the mirror now and it's just plain freaky. The part you think you'll never let go of....believe me, if there's fat to be found, this diet will find it like an old pac man game!!!!
I'm going to take some pix in the next few days so you can see. Keep truckin...IP is the BOMB!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Does anyone know how the Atkins diet differs from ideal protein...I saw on Atkins website they have induction phase for 2 weeks then 4 different phases similiar to IP. Has anyone successfully switched over?? I like this way of eating it's just super $$$ with IP. Thanks for any insight
Old 01-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattdev1976 View Post
Does anyone know how the Atkins diet differs from ideal protein...I saw on Atkins website they have induction phase for 2 weeks then 4 different phases similiar to IP. Has anyone successfully switched over?? I like this way of eating it's just super $$$ with IP. Thanks for any insight
Ideal Protein is low fat, low carbohydrate, moderate protein. Atkins is low carbohydrate, with guidelines to eat to satisfaction with the other two macronutriets.

Phase 1 on IP is until a % of weight is lost (depends on weight, clinic, coach, and other factors). On IP you eat specified quantities of food, letting the program take care of the counting for you. Atkins' first phase, Induction, is intended to be followed for 2 weeks only. If I recall correctly, Induction recommends fewer than 20 g carbohydrate per day.

Phase 2 of IP re-introduces another "real" food serving of protein, replacing one of the protein packs. People typically follow this for 2 weeks or until they are at or a bit below their goal weight. Atkins 2nd phase or "OWL - Ongoing Weight Loss" recommends that each week dieters increasing their daily carbohydrate consumption by 5 g until they stop losing weight, then go back to the highest # carbs per day at which they continued to lose weight.

Phase 3 of IP re-introduces fruit, dairy and grain carbs at one meal, breakfast in addition to protein. It is followed for a minimum of 2 weeks. I can't remember the transition and maintenance phases of Atkins. Have you checked the Atkins sub-forum on 3FC?

Phase 4 of IP provides guidelines of what macro nutrients (fat, protein, carb) to eat in what proportions during the day. They also recommend a minor carb cycling refeed day each week, a "cheat" day, immediately followed by a low-carb, lower fat phase 1 or phase 2 day.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 01-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #445  
New to IP

I have been hearing a lot of things about this diet that my couch didn't tell me. This time I have heard that on IP there is a day where you can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT!!. I have been reading some posts here and I see they give you a "Cheat day" later in the diet. Is this once during the diet or a weekly thing? I don't see how this day, if done weekly, will not make you gain some of the weight you have lost.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #446  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
I have been hearing a lot of things about this diet that my couch didn't tell me. This time I have heard that on IP there is a day where you can eat ANYTHING YOU WANT!!. I have been reading some posts here and I see they give you a "Cheat day" later in the diet. Is this once during the diet or a weekly thing? I don't see how this day, if done weekly, will not make you gain some of the weight you have lost.
The protocols for this diet do not allow a cheat day until phase 4.

Once you are in phase 4 you have one cheat "day" a week. If you want to understand more about that you can read the life after phase 1 threads. BE PREPARED, it can be confusing even for those ready to be on phase 4. Some people have a cheat weekend where they eat very phase 1 during the day and allow more liberal choices for each dinner. AGAIN, THAT IS ONLY IN PHASE 4 when you are stabilizing and maintaining your weight.

BEFORE PHASE 4....
there are specific protocols to follow that add back food. BUT, you do not get to have cheats.

Some people have specific events happen, they know these are very special for them AND, they coordinate a "cheat" with their coach.

IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

IT IS A VERY PERSONAL CHOICE AND SHOULD BE WITH YOUR COACH'S INVOLVEMENT.

Some clinics are very strict. If you cheat once you get a warning. If you cheat twice they will stop providing the program and services to you. This is completely in line with the beliefs of one of the founders of IP.

This program is designed not just to drop pounds. It is a medically designed, chemically balanced protocol to help reverse REAL health and medical issues that cause people to gain weight. It is designed to be followed strictly for the best results. The effects of being in ketosis and out again (effects of cheats) are very hard on the body and interfere with the long term medical benefits of the program.

Some coaches do not look at it that way. They see it as being better for people to lose the weight and, if a "planned cheat" helps someone stay on the program longer overall to reach their goals then, they are ok with it.

Again, until phase 4 there is no protocol approved cheat day, ever.

Understand what your coach's expectations on the matter are especially ON THIS TOPIC.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #447  

Default Substitutes for IP packets?

Hello everyone!
New to this site as well as IP. Started IP today, didn't have a particularly wonderful day-- felt quite hungry at some points but I have read that it will get better... staying hopeful! I did HCG this past summer, lost close to 30 pounds and gained it all back doing IP with my boyfriend's mom in hope of losing the weight & keeping it off. A question for y'all... I real a little about using EAS Edge shakes and or bars, I also have used the Atkins Advantage shakes and bars in the past, as well as Muscle Milk Lite. I have done some research on their calorie/fat/net carb/sugars content and it looks like they aren't too bad. A suitable substitute for an IP protein packet? Let me know your thoughts!
Hillary
Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillarytexas View Post
Hello everyone!
New to this site as well as IP. Started IP today, didn't have a particularly wonderful day-- felt quite hungry at some points but I have read that it will get better... staying hopeful! I did HCG this past summer, lost close to 30 pounds and gained it all back doing IP with my boyfriend's mom in hope of losing the weight & keeping it off. A question for y'all... I real a little about using EAS Edge shakes and or bars, I also have used the Atkins Advantage shakes and bars in the past, as well as Muscle Milk Lite. I have done some research on their calorie/fat/net carb/sugars content and it looks like they aren't too bad. A suitable substitute for an IP protein packet? Let me know your thoughts!
Hillary
Please hop over to the "Food Alternative Ideas and Tips" thread which is stickied at the top of the general list of IP topics. You will find tons of information there.

Deb
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #449  
New to IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Once you are in phase 4 you have one cheat "day" a week. If you want to understand more about that you can read the life after phase 1 threads. BE PREPARED, it can be confusing even for those ready to be on phase 4. Some people have a cheat weekend where they eat very phase 1 during the day and allow more liberal choices for each dinner. AGAIN, THAT IS ONLY IN PHASE 4 when you are stabilizing and maintaining your weight.

BEFORE PHASE 4....
there are specific protocols to follow that add back food. BUT, you do not get to have cheats.

Some people have specific events happen, they know these are very special for them AND, they coordinate a "cheat" with their coach.

IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Some clinics are very strict. If you cheat once you get a warning. If you cheat twice they will stop providing the program and services to you. This is completely in line with the beliefs of one of the founders of IP.

This program is designed not just to drop pounds. It is a medically designed, chemically balanced protocol to help reverse REAL health and medical issues that cause people to gain weight. It is designed to be followed strictly for the best results. The effects of being in ketosis and out again (effects of cheats) are very hard on the body and interfere with the long term medical benefits of the program.

Some coaches do not look at it that way. They see it as being better for people to lose the weight and, if a "planned cheat" helps someone stay on the program longer overall to reach their goals then, they are ok with it.

Understand what your coach's expectations on the matter are especially ON THIS TOPIC.
Thank you. I had heard of the cheat day and I see it as being a reward for dropping all the weight. I have something to look forward to! Ha ha
Thanks for all the information!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

BEFORE PHASE 4....

IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED.

Hi Carla,
The information you provide on this site is excellent!! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your knowledge and wisdom....it really helps put in perspective what this plan is all about!

Holly
Closed Thread