3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #91
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22

S/C/G: 317/308/250

Height: 6'2

Default

my favorite store in the past online was family bariatric but they never sold QB and i couldn't find it less than regular price anywhere else. i haven't searched in a while, however. i'm gonna have to look for that twist smoothie and give it a shot.

I wish i could say that my day one was successful. it mostly was but the universe is intent on stopping me from succeeding. my wife got some bad health news and the stress just got to be too much. i hate the first three days because it's too easy to just start over. day one begins again tomorrow.
roho42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #92
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 6

S/C/G: 185/175/135

Height: 5'1

Default

I am on day 3 and so glad that I can eat more variety tomorrow. I have plans with my sister in laws tonight at BJ's Brewery and am not going to drink any alcohol. I see that as a test, but I am determined.

Sorry about the bad health news Roho.
erinh52098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #93
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

I could not find my way back to this thread until today! Thanks for the encouragement!
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #94
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

The program has its ups & downs but am pleased to report I have continued work to make it work for me. I am down 20 pounds today and moving forward.

I purchased QuickBoost with NashuaNutrition and thinking FRS Slim Sticks could be a wonderful sub for them. Supplement Warehouse sales them. FRS Slim sticks are similar in so many ways. Still researching the product but thermogenic in nature, cost effective & include Slendesta to boot (natural appetite suppressant). Please share your thoughts on this product as a possible sub.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #95
Member
 
classykaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 80

Default

I am sorry for your news
__________________
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #96
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

The plan is pricey but there are ways around it. After dropping $567.00 to begin and another large amount at the nutrition consultation I referred a friend. She was able to get the documents, 4 weeks worth of "accountability", and a starter pack of supplements for $199.00. I was floored. After I thought about it I realized the accountability is worth it....I guess.

Since joining and depleting the initial products I have come to the really that Alternative supplements are the key to surviving financially.

I am having a hard time with water retention and fiber- looking for ideas in that area. I am currently using roasted dandelion tea to combat the fluid. I hate the gassy effect the fiber sticks seem to have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #97
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 924

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghardeway View Post
The plan is pricey but there are ways around it. After dropping $567.00 to begin and another large amount at the nutrition consultation I referred a friend. She was able to get the documents, 4 weeks worth of "accountability", and a starter pack of supplements for $199.00. I was floored. After I thought about it I realized the accountability is worth it....I guess.

Since joining and depleting the initial products I have come to the really that Alternative supplements are the key to surviving financially.

I am having a hard time with water retention and fiber- looking for ideas in that area. I am currently using roasted dandelion tea to combat the fluid. I hate the gassy effect the fiber sticks seem to have. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I haven't posted here in a while because I have pretty much moved away from doing a QWL type plan to something else. (I often change up my diet plan). But when I started my weight loss I followed the QWL plan -- without actually going to QWLC. I used supplements that I bought in the store. (Pure Protein brand shakes and bars). I never did anything like Quick Boost or the carb blockers or the hoodia. I still lost a lot of weight on the plan. Alternative supplements are fine -- as long as you find ones that match (or are close to) the nutrition data for the QWLC supplements. Not all protein bars and shakes are low in calorie and carbohydrates. But many are.

The other thing is that I never worried about the water retention. Water is not fat. The only effect that retaining water is going to have is on the numbers on the scale when you weigh in. Its not going to keep you from burning fat. Unfortunately, the coaches at the weight loss centers only care about that number on the scale when you go weigh in. I have learned long ago that those short term numbers do not matter. There will be fluctuations in water retention. Its not a big deal.
__________________


Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ‹---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #98
Member
 
i will lose weight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 42

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roho42 View Post
my favorite store in the past online was family bariatric but they never sold QB and i couldn't find it less than regular price anywhere else. i haven't searched in a while, however. i'm gonna have to look for that twist smoothie and give it a shot.

I wish i could say that my day one was successful. it mostly was but the universe is intent on stopping me from succeeding. my wife got some bad health news and the stress just got to be too much. i hate the first three days because it's too easy to just start over. day one begins again tomorrow.
I hope your wife is doing better. I can only tell you that I let my father's health crisis get in the way of my health and i gained 30lbs, 25 of those I worked very hard to loose. Today I am still 10lbs up from what I weighed before that crisis. i know it is not easy, but you have to remember to take care of yourself too. Best of luck!
i will lose weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #99
Member
 
i will lose weight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 42

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghardeway View Post
The program has its ups & downs but am pleased to report I have continued work to make it work for me. I am down 20 pounds today and moving forward.

I purchased QuickBoost with NashuaNutrition and thinking FRS Slim Sticks could be a wonderful sub for them. Supplement Warehouse sales them. FRS Slim sticks are similar in so many ways. Still researching the product but thermogenic in nature, cost effective & include Slendesta to boot (natural appetite suppressant). Please share your thoughts on this product as a possible sub.
Congrats on your success! I posted this earlier in the thread, but SmartStyx.com sells the Quickboost packs way cheaper...the SAME EXACT packs. They do a buy 1 get one free if you buy at least 3 boxes. I bought 6 boxes and they were less than $11 per box or $.77/pack.

I have been using Renew Life Organic Clear Fiber from Vitacost. It is almost the same nutritional value as the fiber sticks and mixes just like them too. No taste at all. I always take mine mixed with my Quickboost, just like I did when I used the actual Fibersticks. And after I bought it, I saw on Dr. Oz that acacia fiber is a good belly fat buster too. I have not found products to replace the Fat Burner, Carb Blocker or Release, yet. I also got an EFA from vitacost. Hope this helps.

Last edited by i will lose weight : 05-16-2013 at 02:12 PM.
i will lose weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #100
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

I will lose weight - I checked out your leads & am was pleasantly surprised at SmartStyx.com as well as Renew Low Organic Quick Fiber. They have great prices!!! Thanks so much for the quick response!

Jofla79 - Thank you for your heartfelt advice & I agree with you the centers thrives off the number the scale reflects. It is a direct marketing strategy & our worth to them. It sounds complicated, but its actually very simples consuming smaller (nutritionally balanced) portions produces weight loss-not water weight.

I checked out IdealProtien threads here on 3 fat chicks & they are amazingly active! Is that the plan you are presently committed to? I wish you continual success on this journey. If so how much weight have you dropped on it?

I implemented a few tips & tricks from the IP threads on this site. When I run out of QWL weeks I plan on transferring to IP (all Alternatives) but i invested a small gold mine in QWLC so I'm riding it out. Bleh

Fondly...
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #101
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

Trolling thru the IP threads have been a life saver. They have amazing recipes. Alittle sub here or there to mirror QWL protocol and magic.

Member rox824 posted this Cabbage roll Recipe that I LoVE:

Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite low sodium Mrs. Dash, lite salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour sodium free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious can add cauliflower, broccoli just to get a different flavor and texture.
* I attempted to post the souce link but it didn't work.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #102
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

I also enjoy the following recipe for pudding cakes that orginated from an IP thread. It is kinda eggy but stretches the pudding packs out & makes great "carry around" snacks. Again I subbed the ingrediants to match the IP protocol & heaven.

Pudding Cakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #103
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 924

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghardeway View Post
Trolling thru the IP threads have been a life saver. They have amazing recipes. Alittle sub here or there to mirror QWL protocol and magic.

Member rox824 posted this Cabbage roll Recipe that I LoVE:

Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite low sodium Mrs. Dash, lite salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour sodium free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious can add cauliflower, broccoli just to get a different flavor and texture.
* I attempted to post the souce link but it didn't work.
I agree... until they get to a part of a recipe that calls for a "potato puree packet"!!! What the heck is that?!?
__________________


Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ‹---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #104
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

I came to terms with the plan and committed myself - so tired of the MIGHTY OMITT flush & PROTEIN BREAKER. My normal day consist of the following meals;


Breakfast & Supplements:
1 slice 40 cal bread & 1 tbsp fat = cinnamon toast (starch& fat)

Snack:
12 sm frozen strawberries + diet Big Red + ice = Strawberry Slushie
(fruit)

Lunch & Supplements:
6oz chicken breast + 1 cup okra + 1 garlic clove+ 3/4 cups tomatoes & 1 1 chive + seasoning = gumbo. ( purée it for bulk & compliment it with 2 Melba toast)
(Protein & Veggies)

3/4 cups frozen pineapple + vanilla pudding = ice cream
(Fruit & snack)

Dinner & Supplements:
Shake + 1 cup puréed spinach ( assorted s/f Torani flavoring)
(Protein & Veggies)

80 oz + h20
2 8oz cups roasted dandelion tea
I also was leary of the new 3 snack rule. After researching the latest plan upgrade it appears adding the third protein allows the body to burn more fat.

Im adding the third snack in hopes of ending my never ending plateau(s). My third snack will be a bar or QWLC soup with added puréed veggies.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #105
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 29

Default

I omitted it - but I believe it's faux potatoes (LOL - i thougt the same thing when i reviewed it he first time) I am on QWLC plan 2 & it allows 1/2 of a medium potatoe as a starch 3xs a week but again I omitted it all together and it was filling & yummy.

I have a ton of recipes I copied that are close to QWLC give or take the EVOO which I subbed for Pam.
I would be happy to post them here or PM them to you if you like.
ghardeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2