Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

DancingNancy Congrats on the good eating days! That is super awesome and I know you can keep at it. Regrouping is actually one of the most important things to learn with weight loss as everyone makes mistakes and giving up is the way to stop all your progress. I'm glad you're still working out as well! I find that planning a filling meal that I love for dinner helps to give me something to look forward to instead of a blah diet meal.

Cattails Welcome and I love the name! Your plan sounds great for food and exercise and congrats on getting to 131! Good luck getting to the 120s, you're almost there

I'm doing pretty well for the most part. After a vacation last weekend where I kept my portion sizes small and only ate when I was hungry and I came back to get to 135.5 I've been working out a lot this week but have struggled with feeling hungry a lot and eating a little too much although I've been mostly eating at a deficit still. It's tough because I've been feeling stressed and lonely lately and I've had to struggle against overeating on snack foods but I've been reigning it in. I'm trying to be patient even if weight loss takes a little longer than I hoped and I am definitely committed to sticking with it. I am now down to size 8 pants and M in basic shirts at H&M and have worked myself up to doing 35 pushups in a row I love what my body can do right now and I do wonder if the increased hunger is because I'm pushing it fitness wise. But it's worth it to me!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #317  

Hey Zucena. Way to go on the good eating habits on vacation. When I am at home, I track things but that is harder to do on vacation, so I do exactly what you did, try to keep reasonable portions and only eat when really hungry and limit alcohol, if I am trying to lose weight, that is. Hope you had a nice vacation. Where did you go? Congrats on your size 8. Sorry you are feeling stressed and lonely. Feeling that way is hard enough in itself, but also makes it harder to stick with goals but it sounds like you are sticking with your goals anyway. 35 pushups is IMPRESSIVE! DANG!

Cattails, sounds like you are meeting some goals. Congrats. That's awesome.

I've had day 3 of eating on goal, so I am on a roll. For exercise today, I walked outside for an hour. I have decided recently that I do not spend nearly enough time outside. I am happier when I do. I have also used the light box for the last 3 days. It definitely helps. I did a half hour of easy yoga today, too and got a massage. I don't do any strength training on massage days, only light cardio and tend to do yoga. I find if I strength train, I don't feel the massage as well, like somehow it makes me less sensitive.

I totally agree with you about having a nice dinner. I really like food and don't do blah diet food. For dinner tonight we had almond encrusted salmon, indian spiced roasted cauliflower, sautéed kale with sesame seeds and some potato dish I whipped up with baked thin slices of potato roasted and tonight I used purple potato to see what that was like. We finished off with a little nibble of dark chocolate. I came in in the 1300 calorie range which is my goal each day unless for some reason I was truly very hungry and needed a bit more, but that usually is not the case.

I am enjoying my workouts, too and am trying to have more consistency with gently pushing the intensity, but also having lighter days sprinkled in there when needed.

Last edited by DancingNancy; 02-26-2017 at 09:56 PM.
DancingNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #318  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello Zucena and congrats on 135.5! It's exciting to see those numbers working their way downward and feeling the results in smaller clothes, for sure. And 35 pushups in a row, that is awesome!

DancingNancy, you're doing great! One day at a time.

I agree that it's important to eat what you like, no need for blah food when there are so many good foods that are good for you. And I find that the better I eat, the better the good foods taste. LOL

I also agree that I feel better when I spend some time outside - at least usually. Today, not so much - since my time outside was running out to save a chicken from the dogs. Darn young puppy hasn't quite learned not to go after loose chickens yet and my own dog decided to join in on the fun. Poor thing lost some feathers and I lost a bit of skin from running my knee into a wire cage hidden in the tall spring grass - ouch. Not the kind of exercise I was looking for!

I seem to be staying steady at 131 right now, but I wouldn't mind at all if that scale would move down a little bit more! Let's keep on keepin' on!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 160/132.8/111

Hey everyone

I was maintaining in the low-mid 130s for awhile, enjoying fitting into all of my old clothes again, but life snuck up and I got complacent and.. well you know the rest

So I'm back at it and hoping to make it down into the 120s for the first time in my adult life. I just need to stay focused and stick to the plan!

I weighed in at ~137 today
Looking forward to working down through this decade with you all!
LionessWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #320  

Happy April 1st!
Still sticking on plan. I have a pair of jeans that I can alllllmost fit back into 😊 I think I'm going to wait until I can fit them to weigh in. I've been trying not to focus too much on the scale because during weeks when it slows/stalls it causes anxiety. Is anyone else out there still working through this decade?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:29 PM   #321  

I'm still here alone it seems but I'm checking in all the same. I'm hoping to weigh in this weekend and see if my hard work is paying off. April is in full swing!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #322  

I weighed in at 135.0 today aaaannndd even better -- I fit into my old jeans again!! I'm really excited about that
Old 05-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #323  

Default It's slow but I'm getting there.

It's slow but I'm getting there. On Thursday I hit 132.8. My goal weight is 126
Frustrating when you have a really 'good day' stick to the plan and loose nothing.
Snowpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:00 PM   #324  

Default Stuck

Been static at 132.0 for 4 days. Keep expecting to loose but don't.

Medium term goal is below 130.0 by the end of June.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #325  

Default New low.

I don't know if anyone reads these?

Hit a new low of 130.6 lbs
Old 07-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #326  

Default New low.

Even though I know now that nobody reads these, I've managed to get to 130.2 on Saturday just gone.
So close to breaking into the 120s.
Went up over the weekend but I'll loose this week and hopefully break the 130 barrier.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 148/132/117

Height: 5'6

Welp, looks like nobody reads these but i'll just do this for me. Following the Keto diet, i've lost 8 lbs in about a week and counting so i'm out of the 140s and down to 132. So close to the 120s! I've been working out every day too - and keeping my carbs under 25g per day. This works. I'm so excited...
illustratedwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #328  

Im in the 120's but just rarely so I will start reading! Keep it up!
matinee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #329  

Quote:
Originally Posted by illustratedwoman View Post
Welp, looks like nobody reads these but i'll just do this for me. Following the Keto diet, i've lost 8 lbs in about a week and counting so i'm out of the 140s and down to 132. So close to the 120s! I've been working out every day too - and keeping my carbs under 25g per day. This works. I'm so excited...
Im doing keto too! I weigh-in in the July thread.
matinee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #330  

Good to have some company.