Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #16  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Stopping in to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving. I work all day today, might try to catch up a little tomorrow while I am home but other than that not much planned. I dealt with the insane drivers yesterday on the freeway so don't want to go anywhere now.

Mitchy, sorry about your car. I am so tired of people, it seems that there are more and more bad people out there.

HAPPY THANKGIVING!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:27 PM   #17  

Default Dieters devotional for November 24, 2004

November 24

Matthew 2:10
When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

The star was the sign to the wise men that they were near their journey's end. They had followed the signs of the times, and they had been led toward Bethlehem. The star shone its light on their way, and they came to the Christ child. As we diet, we can follow the light of Christ in our own lives. Christ shines His light on us to remind us of all we can be. His strength supports us along the way, and we come to possess His joy as we succeed in our quest. Nothing can keep the light of Christ from us, and, with Christ's help, nothing can keep us from losing weight.
Today's thought: If God can lead travelers to the east to find Jesus, then he can lead me to a slimmer, trimmer me!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:41 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday Night

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GALS

Well, Angie and I made it home safe and sound from our quick 4 day trip to Washington state. Bunna will be happy to know that we did indeed purchase a home in Kennewick ( ). I feel it is a good investment, at a price we can swing and still keep our California home...we can try another area and if we don't like it we can move back. The home is a little over 2000 square feet, single story and a 3 car garage, it is in a planned community with 1 new park and another one coming, walking trails and we bought a lot in a cul-de-sac so there won't be much traffic...plus a big yard for these puppies to grow in. The home won't be started for a month or so, will take about 5 months to finish...we told the owner to take his time as it would be 2 years before we would move in for sure...if the house gets ready in the spring as they think then Angie and I will go up this summer and stay for awhile...then go from there...actually I hope to do my own drywall so I may head up sooner...anyway---it is ALMOST a for sure thing...we got verbal loan approval over the phone when we got home...so...well, we still have a week to back out and get full refund of the deposit. Still thinking but FOR SURE planning on it.

Well everyone have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will have our on Saturday with alot of family and friends coming...tomorrow, Angie and I will have chinese from HAPPY NOODLE! and put up CHRISTMAS stuff!!

PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOU FAMILIES!! Love ya, Gary
Old 11-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here is a picture of the house we are SERIOUSLY considering. The one we will get will have a 3-car garage and will be a different color and have more stacked-stone across the front.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good morning!!

We have snow on the ground. I must admit I like how it looks. I just didn't like driving on the roads. It had rained earlier in the day (on Monday) and it turned to snow later in the day and then ice overnight. Not fun. Thankfully we are all safe.

This weekend we get to start removing the cabinets and taking down the wall we want removed. I'm excited to start and yet know I won't like the mess. Oh well, this was my idea. The installer will be in early next week to begin rearranging the cabinets in the new area. YEAH!! My entrance is now a nice dark moss green. Looks great!!

I'm doing okay with my eating. Still struggling with the planning and eating properly in the evenings. If i was alone I would just make a salad but I have 3 other men to worry about and salads won't do for them.

Gary: Congrats on the possible new house. It looks really nice.

Michele: I'm so sorry about your car. At least there was no damage. It's sad that people think they have to do this to others. It gets so much worse around Christmas too. Lovely pic. You are very pretty. No wonder you have so much attention from these guys.

Sami: Thanks for popping in. You are in my prayers.

sunshinelady: Prayers for your shoulder. It's wierd how these things happen. Take care of yourself.

Sprout: Just want you to know I appreciate the devotions. I need them.

Have a great day.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #21  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary, Wow!!!! How exciting for you and Angie! That really is a neat house. I hope everything works out as you wish. How close is that to Bunna?

Wilma, sounds like you'll be busy with the remodeling in your house. The mess will be gone soon and how exciting to see something new. My mom and dad have redone their kitchen, dining room, front room and garden room, dad tells me i won't recognize it but i can't wait to see it! And thank you dear, for the compliment, very nice of you.

Hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day! I had a lazy day and then went to my Aunt's house for dinner. It was fine, it's really nice of them to include me, but i always seem to feel like an outsider for some reason. The most sweetest thing was when my cousins baby girl, about 3, she started talking to me and wanted me to help her find some of her cousins who were hiding from her, well when i left she was on her mom's lap and blew me a kiss, it was so sweet, so i left out the garage door and the door opens and here is Bridget who runs out to give me a hug......it was SOOO cute. That made my holiday.

Doug and I are talking and he asked me for directions how to do the turkey and stuffing, which i did and he got up that morning and did it. Bird in oven when we talked, then i explained how to do gravy.....kind of funny when you think of it, how to explain something most of us take for granted. I learned from watching my mom and grandma when i was really young, i've always just known how to do those things. I was impressed though that he'd actually do the whole meal. I didn't get to talk to him last night to see how it turned out.

So i'm here at work, feeling a little sorry for myself. Nobody else is here, Scheryl should be coming in. I got her a biscotti this morning to enjoy with coffee. Oh, she just showed up. The phone hasn't rung yet. It's suppose to rain/snow today. Gosh I'd love to go home and clean.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #22  

Default November 26, 2004 Dieters devotional

November 26

Exodus 15:1
Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, 'I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.'

The children of Israel were pursued by a great army as they came to the Red Sea. The Lord opened their way for them, then closed it up behind them, washing away the fighting force of Egypt. Moses and his followers were delivered, and the power of God was proven once more. When we are oppressed by obesity, we can also call upon the Savior of Israel for salvation. The God who led His people out of captivity in Egypt will also lead His children of today out of captivity to fat. How can we doubt the power of God? With His help, all things are possible, if we will only believe.
Today's thought: I'm breaking free from a body of fat!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #23  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Good morning!

Hello all!

Well, we got snow last night! It's really pretty. We only got a light dusting but they say we'll have 1-3 inches maybe by tonight.

I had a banana for breakfast and also having my at work. I'm going after work to get some yarn and try to get some scarves or gloves made for the girls at work.

There's a chance that Doug will be coming out again for a visit on December 17.... We'll see what happens.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink Saturday

HI GALS

Hope this finds everyone "stuffed"! If you ate too much...DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!! ...it was only ONE day! Pat myself on the back I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving ..."cause Angie and I are having it today! We were going to get chinese but they were closed this year so we went to Carl's Junior for salad (Angie) and chili burgers (guess) We will have around 20 family and friends here today for ham and turkey.

I can't eat too much though (can't nap!) because my USC Trojans play Notre Dame tonight in a big game for them...just 3 more wins and "my team" will be National Champions....but....that will be 2 wins against BIG RIVALS- N.D and UCLA...which they should win...then against probably Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl...if they lose then they should be in the Rose Bowl which will unfortunately be a bummer this year...yea, like you gals really care...gettin' that Angie attitude from ya...I can feel it

MICHELE Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving, sorry about the gym bag and car..creeps! and what's this with Doug? Girl you confuse me!! I hope what ever is best for YOU!! works out.

WILMA It doesn't snow much where Angie and I may move..but it is today..I will catch up with you, Michele, Donna, MaryK, and all the others that have to drive in it from time to time, for lessons. I think we are going in reverse...LEAVING the sun and good weather for LESS good weather in our old age...not too smart! PLANNING!! remember is the KEY...ya know, those three guys are pretty talented...if they each prepared one meal each week for just the guys, well...it sure would help you to concentrate on your own meal planning ...I know 'cause Angie MADE ME do it!! Have a great time in the messed up kitchen this week-end..it will be over soon.

Well Angie is sending me to the store for stuff.....

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR BREAK...PRAYERS FOR ALL!
Old 11-27-2004, 11:03 PM   #25  

Default Saturday Night

Hi All!

Boy, I've been not on board for 5 days and I'm suprised there aren't many posts.

Wilma- It kitchen will be worth the wait and the mess. Be creative with the mess and cooking.

Mitchy- EEK about the car. Yuk...erie. Anyway, your pics are great. you are quite beautiful and I see you're doin the hair thing again. Lucky!

EZ- Whew! Pretty house. That's alot of space to keep clean.

I'm waiting for DH to come home anytime from AR. We got snow Wednesday night...6in. I HATE driving in it too. Turkey day was ok, my girls and their significant others went to the truck stop. The food was not as good this year so we will be doing our own starting next year. I went to the Shepherds about 6:30 for an hour and a half of bingo and then watched TV with a couple of the residents there until 11:00. WOW!

The gal there in the wheelchair I mentioned has turned out to be skitzophprenoic, and has maunchausen and is manic depressive. None of the things she's told me have turned out to be true. Her medical conditions she brings on herself even her feeding tube. No, she never had a heart transplant nor anything else. Her mother told me all of this and that she looks for people "like me" to "stick" to. Anyway, we put her in our life team prayer requests tonight. Her mother said "Now you can understand why I have backed away from her." She tried to hurt her mother 2x. She's bilked the government out of alot of money and posed as an RN in a hospital without any nursing school. VERY intelligent. She does NOT have Muscular Dist but won't walk because of the maunchausen. Very sick sick person.

Well, gotta go...

Mary
Old 11-28-2004, 01:37 AM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

well it is 10:30 and all went well...20 friends and family came and ate and drank...hope everyone had as great a Thanksgiving as the Miller's!! My wife is the greatest cook ever and I am the best USC!! YES!!! we won again! rooter, next to my son....I wish all of you the same love as we have in my family...and for those of you that have more...well, good for you!! Take care and WORSHIP!! Gary
Old 11-29-2004, 10:10 AM   #27  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay~"doin the hair thing" ? I don't get it. What did i do? Really sad about the girl you were trying to support. But some people are just sick. There is a guy at church who has some mental problems, takes a lot of medication, etc. He has been calling me for about a year, asking for help or just needs to talk. I had been warned not to be alone with him, because he has some rage issues, so i'm careful around him. Then last week he called me to ask if i'd go with him to a singles social function he wanted to go to this Friday, he would drive. I was very uncomfortable with the idea and told him yesterday that i couldn't go. Then I talked to a lady at church who is a psychologist, who is the one who warned me, and SHE IS THE ONE who suggested he ask me to go with him. ? I couldn't believe it. I said to her, "Aren't you the one who warned me?" and she totally played it like, well ya, but it'd be good for him to get out, blah blah blah....

I'll try to post more at lunch...
Old 11-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #28  

Default Monday Lunch Time!

Mitchy- "Doin the hair thing" is wearing it absoutely beautiful and long. I think that if you gave me some, you'd still have enough. I hope you didn't take any offense...truly the contrary. Yikes to the guy and the lady who suggested he ask you. I'm glad you confronted her on that being that she warned you in the first place.

DH got home early Sunday morning (3:00 a.m.) and we slept in...played hookey from church and went out to breakfast and then to my mom/dad's for a visit. We actually laid around and watched TV in the afternoon. We hadn't done that in months.

Back to work today. I really don't mind, it keeps be more structured. Hey, guess what? I took a walk during the first part of my lunch today. Yeahhhhh!

Tonight I will actually cook a healthy dinner and do some paperwork AND bed early.

Hugs to everyone!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:22 PM   #29  

Default Tipping the scales in your favor

Tipping the Scales in Your Favor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips for Weight Loss and Maintenance
Have you decided to start eating healthier and become more physically active? Have you realized that healthy choices have a positive impact on not only yourself, but also those around you?

If your goal is to lose weight or maintain your current healthy weight, here are some tips to help you achieve that goal. Remember, to maintain weight, you must balance calories with the energy you burn through physical activity. If you eat more than you expend, you gain weight. If you eat less (reduce calories) than you expend, you lose weight!

Make healthy choices a habit. This leads to a healthy lifestyle! Make a commitment to eat well, move more, and get support from family and friends. Even better, start eating healthier and being active together!

Remember to be realistic about your goals. If you try to reduce the calories, fat, saturated fat, and sugar in your diet AND promise to make a drastic change in your physical activity level, you may be setting yourself up for failure. Instead of trying to make many changes at once, set smaller, more realistic goals for yourself and add a new challenge each week.

Conduct an inventory of your meal/snack and physical activity patterns. Keep a food and activity journal. Write down not only what you ate, but where, when, and what you were feeling at the time. You will see what triggers your hunger and what satisfies your appetite. What foods do you routinely shop for? What snacks do you keep in the pantry?

Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits per day. If you're adding fruits and vegetables to your diet, try substituting them for higher calorie, less nutritious foods. Check out the CDC 5 A Day Web site for great information on the 5 A Day Nutrition Program, suggestions on how to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet, and healthy recipes that meet the 5 A Day recommendation.

Eat foods that are high in fiber to help you feel full. Whole grain cereals, legumes (lentils and beans), vegetables, and fruits are good sources of fiber that may help you feel full with fewer calories.

Prepare and eat meals and snacks at home. This is a great way to save money, eat healthy, and spend time with your family. When preparing meals, choose low-fat/low-calorie versions of your favorite ingredients and learn how easy it is to substitute. For example:

Switch to 1% or nonfat milk and low-fat cheeses.
Use a cooking spray instead of oil or butter to decrease the amount of fat when you cook.
Prepare baked potatoes with low-fat blue cheese dressing or low-fat plain yogurt instead of butter or sour cream.
Some good Web sites to help you plan a healthy meal:

National Institutes of Health's Interactive Menu Planner
American Heart Association's Delicious Decisions*
Start by using a scale and measuring cup to serve your food. Read food labels to determine serving sizes. One bowl of cereal may actually be two ¾-cup servings. A small frozen pizza may contain up to three servings (check the nutrition information label). This could add up to more calories than you think you’re getting. Being aware of serving sizes may make it easier to avoid those extra calories.

Choose snacks that are nutritious and filling. A piece of fresh fruit, cut raw vegetables, or a container of low-fat yogurt are excellent (and portable) choices to tide you over until mealtimes. Take these snacks with you for a healthy alternative to chips, cookies, or candy.

Take your time! Eat only when you are hungry and enjoy the taste, texture, and smell of your meal as you eat it. Remember, it takes approximately 15 minutes for your stomach to signal your brain that you are full.

If you choose to eat out, remember these important suggestions: Watch your portions. Portion sizes at restaurants (including fast food) are usually more than one serving, which can result in overeating. Choose smaller portion sizes, order an appetizer and a leafy green salad with low-fat dressing, share an entree with a friend, or get a "doggy bag" and save half for another meal.

Forgive yourself. If you occasionally make mistakes, don’t give up! Forgive yourself for making that choice and keep working on it. Eat an extra healthy lunch and dinner if you had a high-calorie, high-fat breakfast. Add more physical activity to your day.

Remember physical activity! Aim for at least 30 minutes (adults) or 60 minutes (children) of moderate-intensity physical activity five or more days of the week. If you are just starting to be physically active, remember that even small increases provide health benefits. Check with your physician first, and then start with a few minutes of activity a day and gradually increase, working your way up to 30 minutes. If you already get 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity a day, you can gain even more health benefits by increasing the amount of time that you are physically active or by taking part in more vigorous-intensity activities.

For more information on making physical activity a regular part of your healthy lifestyle, visit CDC's Physical Activity Web site.

Resources
CDC's Nutrition and Physical Activity

American Dietetic Association*

Shape Up America!*
http://www.shapeup.org/

Weight-control Information Network (National Institutes of Health)
Old 11-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #30  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay~ oooohhhh, i get it now. No offense at all, i just read it wrong and couldn't figure out what you meant. I would gladly give you some, dear! And thanks for the compliment And yeah to you on getting a walk in at lunch. I go to PT tonight and Wednesday.

I've made myself a weekly list and i'm determined to get things done this week. I'm feeling better overall, so i'll feel even better if i get some things off my list.

I'm trying to eat low-carb today but not doing well. Low-blood sugar issues. But i'm not over-eating, so i'll just continue to try to improve.

Where is everyone?
Closed Thread