Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello Folks!

I'm up to my eyeballs in mess. We took down the wall on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. My guys and I were kicking at it. I told my guys this was the only wall I wanted to see holes punched into. The opening has really opened up the space. It'll be a lot brighter. I'll post pics when I get them. Our installer should be coming Wed. or Thurs. so it should start taking shape then.

Ive been doing a bit better with my WOE. I'm still eating my salads for lunch and am doing better with dinners. Still finding planning hard because sometimes no one's home and then other days they're all home. I'm getting back into exercising too - something I really need to do if just for the energy I get from it.

I don't have time to post individually but I just wanted to let you know I'm here and praying for you.

Have a super day!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #32  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning all

Mitchy, creepy on the car and gym bag thing. I hate when other people bother "my" things without my consent. Liked the pictures and that was nice of you to help Doug with the turkey dinner. I am little confused too I guess cuz I thought that was a disappointment for you. Whatever is best for you though is what is important.

Mkay, I am jealous about the snow. We don't usually get any then if we do it is melted off by early afternoon.

Gary, congrats on the house, looks great. Don't remember who was asking but that puts you about eight hours away from me. Moving from the sun to the rain????

Wilma, can't wait to see the pictures. Isn't it exciting?

Our remodel is put off until mid-January or February now cuz the kids are still here.

As for me, keeping too busy and haven't had time to be on here since Thanksgiving day. Working full days and finding it hard to fit in a regular eating plan and then I get too hungry... well you all know the rest of that story. Today I am going back to the gym even though my knee still hurts, I am tired of waiting it out. I'll just do the recumbant bike and ellipitical machine with a little treadmill in there. So I am just hanging in.

My mom has been bugging me for a optic Christmas tree so I bought one yesterday and will give it to her today. Of course, even though she has been hinting like crazy she will act totally surprised by the gift.

Everybody have a great day.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:06 PM   #33  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi,

I know i've confused everyone re: doug, because i never explained the situation. I can't really now either, just getting back to work, and guess i should ....work! But i'll try maybe tomorrow. I know i won't have time tonight because i have the support group until 8 pm.

We got our poinsettias today at work. There was a fundraiser for the battered women's group i work for, they are really beautiful, they are double plants and i had 7 delivered.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:13 PM   #34  

Default My tip for today

5 A Day Fruit and Vegetable Quick Tips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 A Day Basics
Fruits and vegetables look good, taste great and contain vitamins and minerals.
Eating 5 to 9 A Day is quick and easy. A serving is a medium-size piece of fruit; ¾ cup (6 fl. oz.) of 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice, ½ cup cooked or canned vegetables or fruit, 1 cup of raw leafy vegetables, ½ cup cooked dry peas or beans, or ¼ cup dried fruit.
You can get your 5 to 9 A Day in many ways because fruits and vegetables come fresh, frozen, canned, dried, and as 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice.
Wash fresh fruits and vegetables thoroughly in water.

How Many Servings Do You Need Each Day?
It depends on your age, gender, and activity level:

Children ages 2–6 years old, women, some older adults Older children, teen girls, active women, most men Teen boys, active men
Calories About 1,600 About 2,200 About 2,800
Vegetable Group 3 servings 4 servings 5 servings
Fruit Group 2 servings 3 servings 4 servings
*Adapted from the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2000

Getting Started
Not sure how to eat 5 to 9 A Day? Start the day with 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice. Slice bananas or strawberries on top of your cereal. Have a salad with lunch, and an apple for an afternoon snack. Include a vegetable with dinner and you already have 5 A Day. If you need more than 5 servings per day (see chart above), try adding a piece of fruit for a snack or an extra vegetable (like carrots or green beans) at dinner.

There are so many choices when selecting fruits and vegetables. Have you ever tried kiwifruit? How about asparagus? Try something new that helps you reach your 5 to 9 A Day.

Keep things fresh and interesting by combining fruits and vegetables of different flavors and colors, like red grapes with pineapple chunks, or cucumbers and red peppers.

When you keep fruits and vegetables visible and easily accessible you tend to eat them more; for instance, store cut and cleaned produce at eye-level in the refrigerator, or keep a big bowl of fruit on the table.

You can get some of your 5 to 9 A Day at restaurants too. Try some of these healthy choices.

veggie pizza
pasta with vegetables (but watch out for those high fat cream sauces)
fresh vegetable "wrap"
vegetable soup
small salad (instead of fries)
plenty of fresh vegetables from the salad bar.

In A Hurry During The 9 To 5? Pack And Go For 5 To 9 A Day!
Buy ready-to-eat packaged fresh vegetables that are already cleaned. Pre-cut vegetables and salad mixes are a terrific 5 A Day time-saver. You'll find them at your local supermarket.
A fast food alternative? Your local supermarket may offer prepared items, including sliced melons, fresh pineapple, salad mixes, and a salad bar to satisfy your hunger.
Fruits and vegetables are nature's original fast food. When it's snack time, grab
Fruit— an apple or orange, or a zip lock bag and fill with sweet cherries, grapes, dried dates, figs, prunes, raisins, or apricots
Vegetables— carrot sticks, broccoli, or some red, yellow, and green pepper. Try dipping your vegetables in low-fat or non-fat salad dressing.
In a hurry for a 5 A Day treat? Pick fruits and vegetables that require little peeling or chopping, like baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, grapes, apples, broccoli spears, an apple, a banana, or a box of 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice.
Here's a great way to get some of your 5 to 9 A Day. Buy low-fat yogurt, fruit juice, and fresh, canned, or frozen fruit to blend a quick fruit smoothie. Get juicy! Buy 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice to quench your thirst and satisfy one serving of your 5 to 9 A Day.
Top Your Meals The 5 A Day Way
Try these tasty additions to add flavor to your 5 A Day salad:
Green or red pepper strips, broccoli florets, carrot slices, or cucumber add crunch to your pasta or potato salad.
Baby carrots, shredded cabbage, or spinach leaves bring color to a green salad.
Apple chunks, pineapples, and raisins perk up coleslaw, chicken or tuna salads.
Oranges, grapefruit, or nectarine slices add extra flavor to any salad.
Fruit juice, flavored vinegars, or herbs make low-fat salad dressings flavorful without adding fat or salt.
Wake up with 5 A Day! Add sliced banana, blueberries, or raisins to cereal.
Add fresh fruit and vegetables to foods you already eat — like berries and bananas to yogurt and cereal; vegetables to pasta and pizza; and lettuce, tomato and onion to sandwiches.
Put some punch into your party by blending 100 percent fruit juices to create a refreshing new juice. Try mixing pineapple, orange, grapefruit, or other fruit juices. Add a slice of lemon or lime as a garnish.

Cooking With 5 A Day
Using a microwave is fast and fun. Use a microwave or pressure cooker to quickly "zap" vegetables or a potato and retain their nutrients.
Grill fruits or vegetables. When grilling, wrap vegetables in aluminum foil, or use skewers of pineapple, yellow squash, eggplant, nectarines, zucchini, or cherry tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. Place over medium-hot coals for a fun-to-eat and flavorful BBQ treat.
Make a quick smoothie in the blender by puréeing peaches and/or nectarines, a touch of your favorite fruit juice, crushed ice, and a light sprinkling of nutmeg.
Make homemade salsa with tomatoes, mangoes, avocados, red onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
Looking for a fun appetizer when you entertain? Try making spears of fruit by attaching strawberries, grapes, melon slices, or pineapple chunks onto small skewers. Use low-fat or non-fat yogurt for a dip.
Here's a quick fruit salad you can make in less than a minute. Open a can of juice-packed mandarin oranges and empty into a bowl. Add a sliced banana, a sliced apple, and some blueberries or raisins. There you have it-a quick way to 5 A Day.
Cool off with a great treat! Pour 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice into an ice cube tray or popsicle mold to make juice cubes or popsicles.
Sometimes you can eat some of your 5 to 9 A Day in its' own container. Kiwifruit comes with its own serving cup and cantaloupe with its own serving bowl. Just cut them in half through the middle and scoop out each half with a spoon.

5 To 9 Fun For Kids
Top off a bowl of cereal with a smiling face from sliced bananas for eyes, raisins for a nose, and an orange slice for a mouth.
You can use broccoli florets for trees, carrots and celery for flowers, cauliflower for clouds, and a yellow squash for a sun. When you're all done, you can eat your masterpiece and get your recommended 5 A Day!
Make frozen fruit kabobs for kids using pineapple chunks, bananas, grapes and berries.
Go shopping with your children. Take them to the grocery store or farmers market to let them see all the different sizes and colors that fruit and vegetables offer. Let them pick out a new fruit and vegetable to try. By making it fun and involving your kids, they'll be more likely to eat healthy foods.

Resources
5 A Day recipes
5 A Day fruit and vegetable of the month
Old 12-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #35  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile I'm Home!!!!

WoW!!! I cannot believe that it's December 1st already!

First off... I want to *Thank Michele* for beginning a new thread Nice job girl! I must say that it was nice to see that I was missed I KNOW I sure missed you all !!!

*~*~*

Joe & I had a wonderful time in Maine! Our trip there was easy going and we got there in 14 hours right on the nosey! I drove all the way there... I wanted to get there on Friday evening so that I could surprise my folks at the Denny's where they go to breakfast every Saturday. And we did - surprised the heck out of them!! My sis & her DD walked in first while Joe & I hung back a bit and then came in after another couple --- it was priceless when it dawned on my mother that the girl that looked allot like her daughter was her daughter it was the best! My sis & I finally pulled one over on my mother and believe me, that was not easy! The whole week was great! Everyday was filled with something to do and places to go... it went so very fast! I do have some great pictures to share with you all, but must downsize them before I do --- give me a day or so and I will post them for you, okay.

We got home on Sunday evening at 8:18pm leaving my sister's at 6am, but the drive home was harder with the rains and winds we had to fight, not to mention that all the college kids were heading back to school too. Unfortunately we witnessed a 5 car pile up in NY - all 5 college cars - I really felt for them! No one was hurt thank the Lord, but all their loaded up cars were spread all over the roadways... bummer! I was glad to see no one was hurt! And glad to be home! Lisa took such good care of our boys that they didn't even miss us at first, but after we were home on Monday it dawned on them that we were home again to stay. Zeppe kept me up all night Sunday night wanting me to pet him and filling my face with is rough kisses... and Domino & Guido fought for my attention on Tuesday all day.. kitties are just too funny. I really missed them too!

I haven't had the time to catch up with *all* your posts, but I will try to do my best, so I have some idea what's going on with everyone.

Hey gang... I lost another pound while in Maine, so I am now down 27lbs. & officially in the 180's!!!!! yeah!! I am almost half way to my goal!!!

Well, I really must be going, I have so much to catch up with today: Bill's, Laundry, Decorating for Christmas, Christmas Cards... just to begin with.

Love you guys!!!!
{{{Hugs}}}
I'll be back soon!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-01-2004, 10:41 AM   #36  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny's Back!!!!!! Yeah!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #37  

Wink

You sure do know how to make me SMILE Michele
Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #38  

Default Dieters devotional for December 1, 2004

December 1

Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Everyone was impressed with Annette's confidence. One day she announced that she was going on a diet, and she did just that. Over the course of the next few months, people watched the wondrous transformation take place. She had set her mind toward losing weight, and nothing even slowed her down. Such strength of conviction was a great inspiration for her friends. God loves it when we stand up for something and will not be swayed. Whether it be a matter of faith or just of personal conviction, we are being true to our Creator when we triumph. Victory comes to those who walk in confidence.
Today's thought: Without a doubt, fatness is out!
Old 12-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #39  

Hello all!
This is a quick post to reprt that I am home at last! Unfortunately still got a whole heap of pain but it is so nice to be in my own bed at last!
Sorry but I am off to the parents' house for the weeknd as my brother is home for a week from New Zealand. I shall post when I get home and life has calmed down to a reasonable level!!
Thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes and Blessings.
Take good care everyone! God Bless!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:28 AM   #40  

Smile

Gooooood Mornin' Gang!!

Hi Teel!
It's so good to see you back too! I sent a *GET WELL* Message through your friends Linus, I hope you got it (I PM'd her with it before I left for Maine). I am so very sorry to hear that you became so ill --- what happened? What went so wrong that you had to go to the hospital? Did you get an infection? You have my continued prayers for a full recovery, sweetie

*~*~*

I have some pictures to post of our Trip to Maine for Thanksgiving...
I am the first-born of 4 siblings & here are 3 of us ~ (going L-Rt) Russell (the youngest), Me (the oldest) & Linda (the middle child):

I just laugh so hard each time I see this picture - *a classic pic*
My father nagging my mother while she drives - we were in the back seat & on the way out to lunch when I took this He saw that I was going to take it and stuck his tongue out!

Getting ready to sit and have our Roast Beast & then...

enjoying the feast

My sister & I Thanksgiving Day...

My Dear mother, Jeannette & Brother, Russell...

Here we are at the 1950's Denny's Diner for breakfast: (L to Rt) Me, Linda (my sis), Jeannette (my mom) & Ed (my dad) ~ my father looks like an old homesteader with his cane ...

My Joe with Linda's kitty, Missy - she is the mother to our two boys ...

I hope I haven't bored you all to tears !!!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 12-02-2004 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #41  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Heaven's no Sunny~I love seeing your pics!!! That is so cool how you said you surprised your parents. What a nice family. Looks like you had fun. You of course look so pretty, nice pic of Joe too.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #42  

Default Thursday...Luchtime

Hi All!

Sunny!!!! Good to have you back. LOVE the pics. Not boring to me. I'm very happy that you had a great trip and surprising Mom had to have been priceless. It looks as though you and your sister are very close.

Mitchy- I love the poinsettias at Christmas. They are so lovely. How's the snow in your neck of the woods? We have just a smidgen from Tuesday night and it's going. Yeah!

Bunna- Yuk to snow. Yeah, it's pretty for a very short time, then it can leave in a very short time.

Teel- Wow, what's up with the hospital deal?

Bye for now all
Old 12-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #43  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Sunny, welcome back, good to hear that you had such a great time. By the way, you don't look like the oldest. When we came home from Vegas my one cat slept on my chest all night so I didn't sleep real well cuz he is a big cat and he refused to move.

Teel, so glad you are out of the hospital.

Mkay, what have you been up to.

Wilma, how goes the kitchen battle?

Mitchy did do a good job keeping us going.

Sprout is posting the daily devotionals again which are so appreciated and so accurate.

Gary, are you there???? Busy busy busy????

As for me nothing much but working. The weight battle is going about the same. I am up a little bit which is discourating cuz I did not want to get into the 260's again. I keep telling myself at least I have lost 20 something and that is better than gaining all of it back. My lowest since beginning SBD is 258.5 which I am shooting for by my next weigh-in.

Have a good one.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #44  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Kind of experimenting with photobucket. Trying to get proficient with this like Sunny .

Oh, here's a pic of our first snowfall, which kind of left us, then today it started snowing but then it must have gotten warm because it started to rain, so it's kind of gone now again.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #45  

Default Hi!

Mitchy- Ooooohhhh...how nice to look at. Was that in the country? I instantly wanted to be there. Don't know why.
Closed Thread