Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am here and reading....so much tennis, nephew and son's prep. for D.C. and N.Y., high school baseball game of friend's son tonight and.....RYLEE STUFF going on. I will try and catch up soon...IN HIS PEACE, Gary
Old 04-14-2004, 09:54 AM   #62  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aggie~I like udffus better, it made me laugh! Thought it was a "Texas term"! Glad you had a great Easter and are posting with us. And about getting back on track, just remember, you are never behind. Just start where you are, jump on and pray!

Valerie!~ Welcome!! So glad you joined us! I love your signature with your weight up there, you and Sunny are so clever! Maybe i can copy you two!

Deenie!So proud of you that you are not giving up. It can be discouraging, i know, but you have a good attitude.

Sunny! What a cutie those kids are! Wow you are busy with your workout/church/hubby schedule! I think it's so endearing how you are about your Joe! What a lucky couple you are!

My massage therapist asked me last night if i was in love! She said that i look happy......and you know, i am happy!

Yesterday i took a big step and I fasted! And I did it. I went the whole day with the living water of our Lord. I had a coffee in the a.m. but then just water. It was an amazing experience and i learned a lot about me. And i feel closer to the Lord.

Charlie had to have a colonoscopy today, say a prayer for him please. I asked him why and he said, "Well, I AM 45 years old..." Poor guy, he wasn't looking forward to it, but I'm hoping there are no problems.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 04-14-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:16 AM   #63  

Default questionsquestionsquestions

How do I veiw the most recent messages first?
Are there any scheduled chats?
Old 04-14-2004, 10:17 AM   #64  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning CER's

I just got home from Curves ad the sun popped out! Such a beautiful sight!! We are suppose to get into the 70's by the weekend... we can only hope I am so looking forward to the warmer temps and we seem to be waiting forever for it to happen. Anyway, it was great to see it this morning after my workout. I will walk my T-Mill later this afternoon for an hour (do that everyday) and then maybe take a stroll this evening with the hubby after dinner.

Hi CEEJAY -
Thanks! I am a huge picture taker and love to share them... I also love seeing everyone else's!! It's just great seeing what everyone looks like. That's what I did yesterday --- tons of laundry, from not being home much last week. Even though it is just the two of us we had allot! I have workout clothes everyday for starters... I am almost done just have 2 more small loads to do.

I look forward to getting to know you, CeeJay.
Loved that you posted this...
Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. NIV
Thanks!

Hi AGGIE -
Don't beat yourself up for going off plan - it is going to happen on the holiday's... I plan on it Then I just enjoy the day all the more and get right back OP the very next day. When I don't feel guilty about a few "fun foods" I don't eat everyday, I enjoy them more --- you know what I mean.

Glad you like all the fun pictures we add - the graphics and animations, they are fun to add.

Hi DEENIE -
So good to hear that you are feeling better today Yep... sodium is our enemy I cannot eat too much sodium either or I too look like a blow-fish by that evening... I use allot of salt-free spices by McCormick in my cooking and feel tons better!! I also drink anywhere's from 70 - 100oz of water a day, it is really helping me in my weight loss. Deenie, just a tip I learned last month ~ when you walk your T-Mill ~ if you want to lose BODY-FAT go slower and longer in time. I don't get in the mileage I use to but I see the fat leaving my legs!! I go for an hour at about 2.0 and get in about 2miles or just over. I begin at 1.5 and then after 7 min or so move up to the 2.0 and leave it there. Also take slow deep breaths every few steps to keep the oxygen flowing (burns body fat also). I learned this from Michael Thurmond - the trainer from the makeover shows. I got his program from the net and it's great! Allot of great exercise & diet info.

You have a wonderful outlook and I know you will do well! I think you are wise to not step on the scale too often - I do once a week for weigh-ins at another forum I belong to. *Prayers* for your success in having an OP day

Oh... Thank you so much for the compliment. That is so nice of you to say. I just love taking & sharing pictures with everyone. Glad you didn't mind

VALERIE -
There's always room for another
Congrats on your 28# weight loss
You are to be commended!!! That's hard work!
Keep up the wonderful job!

Hi GARY -
Thanks for checking in... love seeing that you are still reading and keeping up with us.
We sure do not want to see you go
You always make us feel so 'Special' being you are the only guy here
and that you are a sweetheart to boot
Oh... not to mention "Good Looking" too

Morning MICHELE -
Thank you so much... we realy do think of each other as the best of friends as well has loves. I pray everyday that we are able to live our lives out together and that when we go ~ it will be 'together' when the Lord takes us all up

Isn't that so sweet!!! Your therapists noticed you are "in love" I feel so honored that you have encluded all of us in this special relationship of yours, Michele...

That is so great that you fasted... whoa, I cannot remember the last time I did that. And with all that I do in workouts - don't know that I should. But I think it's wonderful that you were able to - I hear that you feel very cleansed afterwards. Good for you!

I will say that *Prayer* for your Charlie, Michele... I know how uncomfortable that process is. Joe & I have to have it done again in Jan/05 - yuck! I'll pray that his test comes out totally clear of any health problems.

I really must be going... have to get a bite to eat and get that laundry finished up...
Later you lovely people!
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-14-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #65  

Default Weekly checking in time

I am feeling so good today
I started at a new gym last week - Hooked on Paces - and as of today have completed 4 workouts. And (drumroll please) I have lost 2 pounds this week
Feeling so good about that - now just to keep it off and do the same for next week.
Bought 2 things for myself today - a foot spa which I have wanted for years - and a 'stepper'.
Will be using the 'stepper' when I do my walking to the tapes when I am not at the gym. My daughter (age 15 - she is handicapped - has Down Syndrome) also needs to lose some weight so we are going to be doing the tapes and stepper together.
Also went for my 1 mile walk today before going to the gym. This makes 744 miles walked total.

Am praying that next week's reporting time will be just as good. I have set a goal since starting at this new gym last week - joined it for 3 months from April 10 to July 10 - and am working on a goal of min. 15 pounds lost with a max of 30 pounds by then. I am off to a good start - just need to really stay motivated.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #66  

Smile

Hi VALERIE -
I have never given it a thought as to getting the newest post - I just subscribe to the thread and I get an e-mail to let me know when I get a new post. I think you can check though your Options to check that off...
Go to your User CP (at the top of this page in purple) - once there click on EDIT OPTIONS (at the left side) and read all that's there for options and check off what you want.

As for chats - so far not many here have the time for chats and haven't ever done it.
If someone has... they will let you know, okay

Hi SPROUT -
on your 2# loss!!!!
So wonderful to hear how well you are doing with the new place of exercise... you are proof that you just keep trying things till you find what works for you. And it's wonderful that you are working with your daughter, bet she loves it!
Keep setting those goals!! It has worked wonders for me!

*~*~*

Okayyyyyy... where is everyone????????????

*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-14-2004, 06:28 PM   #67  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm here, getting ready to go home. It's so beautiful out! Poor Charlie, they scheduled him wrong and he has to drink that yucky stuff again tonight and fast and have it done tomorrow... We're getting together this Friday! Not sure yet what we're doing...don't really care as long as we're together.

Lagging in my goal to drink a gallon of water today, will have to finish that this evening, but my food is really good today! I only ate 1/2 my lunch, because i was full and thought i could have the rest for dinner. I should go walking tonight, let's see if i can make myself when i get home.

Tata for now!
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 PM   #68  

Hello Friends...
Thanks to all who are still praying for me & family. Sami...I appreciate you asking about me. We're really having a struggle in every way, right now. I'm sleeping very little. Most nights, I get up after DH & DS are asleep...& stay on pc most of the night. I get a treatment Monday...so, I'll probably get a couple of days sleep in, then. I'll be ready for it, I'm sure.

I DO care about all of you, & would like to post more. I read each day. I guess I could post at night when I'm not able to sleep. I'm spending the time researching, though....trying to find ways to help DS.

Thank you Sunny...I'm enjoying all of your pictures...Also, Sherry's. Goodness, I enjoy everybody.

God bless all of you........
Old 04-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm here SunnyD. After work went to the gym and didn't get home until 8 p.m.

valerie- hi i'm new also.

Still no time to post. I work 12 hour day's and after gym work I'm ready for bed. Age may be a factor in that also.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #70  

Blessed Morning! I am still doing the bike................ But I have to say it is kicking my butt! LOL I am so out of shape my legs start screaming after 2 min. Sunny thanks for the advice about going slow and longer I am trying to do that on this bike. The Dr wants me to do some stretching while I ride but seems I can't do two things at once! LOL Mitchypoo Prayers going your way for Charlie! It is so good to hear you so happy!!!! Ez post when you can! Angel Lover take care of your family and yourself we will be here when you can post and you will stay in our prayers. Ceejay52 Wow 12 hr days. How do you have time to work out? Sprout praying you WI goes well!

Today is my workout day with the trainner so I will be dead later. LOL I woke up real stiff today so it will be a tough time. I will try to post Friday!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:58 AM   #71  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning

Sami: I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration to get off my butt more. Don't be discouraged about not being able to go a long ways right now. You'll notice an improvement if you keep at it.

Michele: I'm praying for Charlie too. I think it's so neat that you are getting closer in your relationship. I feel very blessed to have been married to mine for 25 years. We are really good friends and love to spend time together!

Ceejay: Glad to see you posting. I only work 8 hour days and sometimes don't have time to post either. Come when you can!

Angel: Please know that you are being lifted up in prayer. We can't imagine what you're going through but God does and He cares about you. Stay strong. We know you can't post as often as you would like but we do appreciate the updates so we know how to pray for you! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Sprout: Way to go on the weight loss. WOOHOO!

Valerie: Welcome and congrats on the amazing weight loss. It also looks like you know how to post here and you can do that as often as you like.
Gary: HELLO! How's it going? I know you're really busy but we do miss you!!

Well, gotta go to work and tonight I pack for our weekend because we leave after I get off work tomorrow. Have a wonderful day.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:02 AM   #72  
Southern Belle

Smile Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? Sorry I didn't get to post much lately. I have been SOOOOOOO busy! Tuesday was spent in meetings, doing visits and softball practice, Wednesday doing visits, taking Kelli to the Dr and counselor all out of town. So, that brings us to Thursday where I have a couple of visits and softball practice this afternoon and an afternoon of REST?!?!!! I have to work a lot tomorrow as well as the weekend, and I need to rest so I won't over do it. I'm very tired this morning while posting and sipping my

I do have a Praise the Lord~ though, we have been hunting for an inexpensive vehicle that wasn't junk for Kelli for several months and my dh found one yesterday (from a friend of ours) and bought it. It's not the "sports car" she wanted, nor the "old lady's car" she didn't want but a little Ranger Pickup in pretty good shape. The owner had just spent $600 fixing a few minor things and buying new tires for it and then decided to get his son something else. NO MORE SHARING A VEHICLE!!!!!

(continued . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .)

Old 04-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #73  

Smile

Good Morning!

I have already gotten in my hour of walking (5:30 - 6:30am) on the T-Mill (walking 2 miles)... I don't go fast, I go long. I must say though - that last 10 min or so seems to take forever! Now all I have to do is get in my Sculpture Bands this morning and I got my hour and 1/2 of exercise in for the day.

We are suppose to have some nice weather the next few days here - I sure hope so! The sky is very clear and blue this morning - so nice to see !!! I am tired of hearing my furnace start up this time of the year. It may get up to 65* today and if it does I will open some windows and freshen it up in here. They are calling for temps into the 70's by Saturday... ! Fingers crossed !

Our flowers are beginning to open up too! It's so hopeful isn't it & beautiful!?! But yesterday when I went out to go to my Curves class I had to clear about 1/2 inch or so of ice and snow off the jeep --- jeeeesh! It melted, but I was worried about the daffodil's that were beginning to open up... they were all bent over. But they look okay this morning - I know they are pretty hardy.

*~*~*

Hi CEEJAY -
WoW!!!! 12 hour days!! I agree with Sami, "when do you get in your workouts and time for yourself!" Hope you have a beautiful day today!

Hi SAMI -
Always good to see you and I especially love to hear of your progress! You should be so very proud of yourself! Make sure you take the time to stretch your muscles too - or you will hurt longer then is necessary for the change and growth of your muscles. But I don't know about doing that while ON the bike !!

I would love to have a trainer... maybe one day I will look for one too. Does he or she come to your home? How much are they? (if you don't mind me asking you that )

Hi ANGEL -
So good to hear from you again...
I do hope that the treatment will help you get the rest you need and that you feel better soon. Your son and his family as well as your family are all in my continued *Prayers*... I lifted you all up this morning special!

Hi MICHELE -
Come back soon and let us know how Charlie does today... what a bummer that he has to go through all that again! It's bad enough once!

Sounds like you are doing well with your plan... did you get in all your water? Some days are easier for me then others - it all depends on what I have to get done in a day, you know. I drink anywhere from 70oz to 100oz a day.

Hi WILMA -
So very good to hear from you!
You sound like you have been very busy as well!
I posted to you... did you see it on page 4???

Have you still been going to Curves with your long hours? I am due for another weigh-in and measure next week on Wednesday (4/21)... I know I will not see a huge weight loss because I have been weighing in all along, but I am hoping to see allot of inch loss... we'll see. I always fill up with anxiety when it's time for me to get that done

*Have a wonderful time on your weekend together*

*~*~*

"Hello's" to everyone else... come post soon!
Well, I must go get the Sculpturing Exercises done for today.
Love you guys!!!
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-15-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:24 AM   #74  

Smile Sherry

Hi SHERRY -
I'll be back to post to you later, okay.
We seem to have posted at the same time

Great Graphic and Verse!!!!!!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-15-2004 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #75  
Southern Belle

Smile continued

Hey, I'm back . . . . .

Wilma~ I'm SOOOOOOO excited about your weekend!!! Wish I could go. . . .uh. . . . .but then that wouldn't be the weekend YOU wanted then. I'm so glad you are doing that. That's the weekend, I want for MY birthday!! Although we normally go camping at the lake with our kids, their kids, and whoever wonders up. We will miss you, but enjoy it!!!

Sami~ Wow, I'm like Wilma, you are kicking butt!!! So proud of you my friend!!! Thanks for posting a little every day that helps us know how you are doing! You are definitely an inspiration!!!!!!

Ceejay~ Glad to see you posting even with your schedule. Take care and post when you can!!! What do you mean AGE might have something to do with it??? Surely not! I will not admit that one!!

Angel-lover~ You are still in my prayers!! I will pray a little differently that you can have rest, answers, hope and peace. We know that God is a GOOD GOD that he will deliver you and your family through this. In HIS time. That's the hard part. But you are doing YOUR part in giving it to HIM and praying without ceasing. {{{HUGS}}} We are always here for you!!!!

Michele~ So you have THAT look in your eyes, huh? I think it's wonderful!!! I realized while reading your posts that you and Charlie are doing something that is ever so important with each other. Praying together. That is one of the MOST IMPORTANT steps any couple can make together. Sorry, to hear about the scheduling problem. Yuck!! I think THEY ought to have to drink it too, don't you? Congratulations on the fasting! And the gallon of water! I would NEVER get out of the bathroom! [

{continued . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .}
Closed Thread