Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #226  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Donna-you posted while I was typing so wanted to add afor staying on plan and losing! Wonderful to see God's work in your DH and for helping Jonathan get better!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #227  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Monday Morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very relaxing. I did a lot of cooking on Saturday as well as shopping. I found the fabric for the baby quilt. I'm doing what's called a Rail Fence pattern. Lots of little stripes put into squares. Make sense? Good.

Sunday I went to church. Great service. We're going through the book of Acts. I'm really enjoying the series. I started reading a book after dinner and read all afternoon. Not terribly productive but very relaxing!

Ronni: You have one up on me now. I didn't make it downstairs yet but did a lot of walking on Saturday. Tonight I have a work related dinner. Maybe after that? Keep up the good work.

Donna: You are doing awesome. Keep it up. You broke into the 200's.

Rayne: Thanks for sharing.

o 2 b me: Great job with the pants. Great feeling isn't it?

o2bethin: You're doing great as well. Keep working out. It does come off!

Gary: The reason you get encouragement is because you give it too. At least that's one of the reasons. Step away from the beer!!

Time has gone by so fast. I must get to work. Hello and prayers to all I haven't gotten around to addressing. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #228  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Goodmorning!

EZ - I went back to the last page but don't see writings on 5K. I read up to where I joined this thread weeks ago and still can't find it. Can you fill me in please? Thanks!

My daughter is starting week 4 of Boot Camp and doing well. Her only challenge she wrote was the running. She asked that I pray for her to make her 15 minute time needed to graduate boot. Please pray for Alina too, that God will fill her with his wisdom and strength to make it through boot camp.

I am doing well, going walking today and visiting "Martha" my Pilates Chair. Yes, she has a name, because she can be evil at times! LOL

May all of you be blessed,
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #229  
wishin' for sun!

wilma-I did visit the treadmill this morning, but only walked 15 minutes. I am so out of shape I'll pray that you have time to join me this week
Old 02-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #230  
wishin' for sun!

Sandy-don't want to get in the middle here but the 5k stuff is under Weight Loss Support on the community main page. Don't know how to post the link, but just go back to the beginning page and click on the section right above "support groups" EZ called it the Blarney Stone 5K or something like that Best wishes and prayers for you and your girls!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone...am still fairly new here so i can i just say a collective hello and bless you till i get to know you all better...anyway i am having a really hard time getting started on my diet or healthy eating plan or whatever you want to call it...i really don't know which one to follow so i was wondering if any of you wanted to share what plan you are following and how you decided which one was best for you..thanks for any direction or help that you can give me..
janne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #232  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

bev Thanks for sharing your blog. And for the work you do with the underdogs in life. You bless so many around you with your gifts!

Wilma - glad you found the fabric - I hope you will post a picture when you are done! I love "balanced" weekends where I get to do some of the things I enjoy

Sandy - the new 5K is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165044 I'm number 6 this time Thanks Gary! We can share a green beer at the finish

Prayers going up for Alina!

A good start to the week here. Work was busy, but a nice mix of projects. I did my fitness test with my virtual trainer this afternoon. I'm making some progress Though I STILL hate push ups

Prayers continuing for all! Blessings!!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #233  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Countingdown & Ronni62 - Thank you!! I read up on it and now understand. I'm In and will walk it - maybe throw a jog in there somewhere ;-)

Thank you everyone for your prayers for Alina. I know she is doing well, but it is so hard 'not knowing' as a mother. I know God is watching over her, protecting her, and keeping her strong, but as a mother, we can't help but want confirmation.....

Today has been good and I did get a 2 mile walk in this morning. Food has been decent and haven't overdone it - yet......

Have a good evening and I will check in tomorrow. God Bless.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks to everyone for your prayers for the guardianship hearing. It lasted all of 20 minutes because the kids, their bio mother, and us were all in agreement. I asked Donald, my 15 year, old if he felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off his shoulders and he said yes.

Jayson is still sick, but making slow improvements. We just have to get him up and moving to build up his strength.

Bev - I have to give you a big AMEN to your post.

My prayers go out to each of you for the struggles you are facing in your life. I'm glad our God is big enough to take care of all of us.

I am so tired tonight so I'm going to sign off. Have a great Tuesday!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #235  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Bev-you floored me, that was awesome, I'm sitting here reading and crying, you are so blessed, so caring, so loving, so giving and understanding, I am so happy to know you even if we never meet face to face and we only speak here, I am honored to be here with you. The closer we come into His presence, the clearer we see, the more loving we become. Thank You Jesus.

Sandy-I am praying for your daughter, Alina. The Lord has sent angels to surround her and keep her safe. Tell her not to worry about the running, it is in the bag.

Gary, please explain to me about just what the 5K is?

Wilma-I know your quilts are beautiful. Have you been quilting long? Not to worry, you are doing great, you are doing and that is the biggest key, the weight will go. Try again for the treadmill...

Roni62-i5 minutes is better than none, so keep up the good work.

Janne50-hello to you this lovely day. Starting out can be a little confusing, I was not sure what to do myself. I decided to try WW with my daughter, and seems to be really working for me. It is teaching me new habits, listening to my body signals, how to eat healthly foods and make good choices. It is all a learning process and it will take time. I started in Nov. 2008 at 359 and now 331. With this I have so many choices that I do not feel deprived. Any you have any questions for me, just ask, and I will gladly answer.

O2BTHIN-so glad everything worked out for you with the quardianship. God is so good. Will be praying for Jayson.

I pray everyone has a geat evening and a blessed tomorrow. Will pray for all tonight. You folks are the greatest and thank each and everyone of you for being here.

Good Night, Aggie

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-23-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Type-o's
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #236  

Hello everyone, I have missed you all, man you go away for a few days and come back to a whole bunch of new people, what a wonderful surprise! You have found a great place to get encouragement.

And I came back to a bunch of successful dieters!

I was so excited, I went shopping at Sam's, you know how you can't try things on there, well I bought a pair of size 16's (I started at size 22) so I was worried they would be too small.

Anyway... the 16's are way too big... could it be? I now wear a 14??? NO WAY! woohoo. Thank you Jesus! I haven't worn a 14 in years. God is so Good! this is my happy dance!

Thanks for all the encouragement you guys give. It's so helpful! these cheer leaders are you guys, there wasn't a guy for EZ (Gary, but I like EZ), so he is the guy in the glasses!
Love Kelli
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #237  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals ~

I had to work some overtime today and Angie was teaching yoga after school...glad we had some chicken noodle soup in the freezer she made last week...my turn to cook...er...thaw and heat

AGGIE ~ LAURIE aka SCOOTER posted the link to the site and RONNI mentioned it to...thanks gals for the back up basically we run/jog/walk/treadmill/wheelchair 3.1 miles on our own some time around or on the day I have posted. It is just one way we have here at 3FC to try and get people to try new things/continue/and encourage others. We have had some wonderful success stories from the 5K's in the last year or so. You may PM me if this doesn't make sense to you. It can be confusing to some that have never done it before.

KATHY ~Great news!

SANDY ~I don't see you in my 5K yet Did you find it OK? Is Alina at Great Lakes? My nephew did NAVY boot there and is still there for school.

RONNI ~ dear you are never in the middle of my business! I am here to "share" first and formost the WORD as I can sneak it in and to encourage folks and make them smile from time to time. I need ALL THE HELP I can get! Before Angie moved in with me I painted all the walls and ceilings ultra white semi-gloss....thought it looked good...she thought it looked like a hospital...only the ceilings are white now....she has more paint brushes and rollers than I do

SCOOTER ~ Thanks Coors always has tasted green to me Get to work on those push-ups. Which ren=minds me of another true and funny story....Knucklehead nephew was braggin' a few years back on how many push-ups he could do...his Aunt Angie could always beat him....anyway the family is all around egging him on "SHOW US!!! Don't TELL US!!"....he just keeps runnin' off at the mouth telling us what he can do when his little sister pops up and says "I think the only push ups Ron can do are the ice cream kind!".....hilarious!!!

JANNE ~There are plenty of gals around here to help you...I try to make all my choices on food good ones...I fail sometimes...but I always have that thought first in my mind...after that...it's up to me to put it into service.

WILMA ~Doesn't sound like you had much time to exercise between all that reading and quilting ....could be wrong here ...I stepped away after 2 tonight....but ran back and got one more....dang!! Thank you

DONNA ~Prayers that you and your daughter reach common ground. We have some issues here too on mother/daughter (my step-daughter) a work in progress Prayers for Jonathan and your family.

BEV ~ Prayers for our Lord to feel that desire for a husbad for you. Have you ever tried e-harmony? My friend did and met way more ladies in a month than he ever had any other way. Time is short right now but Angie and I met in '95 through newspaper Christian personals. You are an inspiration here for all of us. Are you leaving us for Lent? Not rying to "get up in your spiritual space" but if you are thinking of it...well...I ask you to pray if it is what God wants you to do...me thinks....and I am wrong a lot that sticking around here would serve HIM more as we Christian Encouragers share together...but that is me and not you...as we know our relationship with Christ is A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP

I think I covered my bases....out of here ....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #238  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

KELLI! You posted while I was typing...THANK-YOU! Good to see you back...hugs.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

First - Gary, you crack me up! It's funny, when I was seeking HIm about what to fast...He didn't tell me to give you guys up! I just have to limit facebook and myspace to one hour a day each. I can sit on there for HOURS...I knew it was getting out of hand, but He put an end to it! So, I will not be leaving ya'll. Although, me as an inspiration is kinda weird/funny to me. It still seems not right. Like I feel I don't offer that much. Guess that's a good thing...I stay humble. I'm here to serve, which is why I feel bad soemtimes when I ask for help.

ANYWAY...thanks for wanting me around!

Wilma, Laurie, Kathy and Aggie - THANK YOU for your kind words! Aggie...yours floored me!

It's all about a personal relationship with HIM, then its about building relationship with those around us. Sometimes without those ever being TOLD we are Christians. They should know it by our example. At all times witness and if you MUST use words. If you have to tell someone you are a Christian for them to know, because your life-style/behaivor/etc. doesn't show it...then DON'T TELL THEM! Or as I said once "for the love of God....shut up!"

There is nothing worse that a judgmental bible thumper that's gossipping/drunk/having sex outside of marriage/ETC...Jesus died to save us from that...not have us 'curse' Him by still acting like the world we are not suppose to be a part of.

Just food for thought as we enter into this holiest of seasons! AND this year easter is on the right day! Last year...it was WAY off!!! I follow Passover and then go on to Easter. It's a wonderful feast time. I figure, if Jesus followed it...I should too. And I can tell you that just following the 'feasts' has strengthened my walk. It's not done as 'law', but out of respect.

Ok...I will stop rambling. I did go to the weight lifting class today and walked 2 miles!!!! oh yeah...i'm doing it!

i love all of you!!!! And if i didn't mention you, that doesn't mean I didn't pray for you as I read your post...cause i DID!
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #240  

Default Hi!

Wow! busy weekend! was at parents- no computer... Took niece to crazy downhill derby and sliding on a good size hill. This butt hasn't been in a sled in years but we had a ball. she things I'm queen now.. anyway! it was great fun...
Counting- Play dough was ahit, they did luv it , was fun watching them make animals after story of Noah's ark. Running! wow! you go.Rosebud- ditto on the hybernating!! I can't wait for spring... camping ect. green grass...
Aggie- Congrats down 1.8 lbs- continued prayers for dd, glad to hear grandson doing better.
Wilma- Green grass- walking outside I'm there! prayers position works out... We know what an asset you are, they can't help but know...
Rayne- Congrats on upper average score- awesome job....
E.Z.- Thanks! always nice to be missed... I had chili for lunch today! It probably wouldn't have won any prizes but it was good... hot on a cold day!
You are always a great inspiration to us... pray we can be half as much to you.. We all have flaws and things we struggle with... I know I do... Thank you for God's grace...He saved a wretch like me..
A.R.- AMEN!
Aggie, Kathy Oh2beme- Prayers for all!!
Donna- Congrats down 20 lbs is awesome... prayers for you and family!
Sandy- Prayers for DD in boot camp love the idea you named it Martha! too funny...
Bev. ditto to countings! comments..

Well I think I caught up... sorry if I missed anyone... prayers to all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote