Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #211  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - loving the new player! What a blessing to listen to books while cleaning And, I have ALL of my Christian and other assorted CDs on it. The first player I have had that can hold ALL of my music, the entire Bible, ALL of my devotional books AND several mystery and suspense novels

Though, communication in my house today was by sign language. Both DH and I were working on "projects" while listening to books. There ARE blessings to being hearing impaired.

The games look GREAT! When the kids were young, we got or made nostalgic type games/toys for them every Christmas. They really DID appreciate the "non electronic" toys!

Bev - the suggestion is what you don't want to hear. Stay ON PLAN! You CAN do this! Really! Exercise consitently. Log every bite. Eat healthy - ON PLAN foods in quantities that work for you. Slow and steady is the way to make progress!
Go GIRL - I'm looking forward to reading of your next success

Aggie - thanks for the update! Glad the milk is working! Prayers continuing!

Rosebud - we haven't seen pictures of Niko lately! I bet he is getting big! Sounds like you are still enjoying him immensely!
Prayers continuing. I hope the weather we are having doesn't reach you this week!

Prayers continuing for all!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

No, Laurie...I DO want to hear it. I DO want to know it's possible. I need the encouragement. Sometimes I feel so down, so discouraged. I don't tell people that because it seems it's MY job to encourage EVERYONE around me...they can't know I need it! Slow and steady.
I don't mind working out, if I see progress. I actually enjoy exercise...it's something I have a little of control over! It makes me feel as if I am accomplishing something...when everything else seems out of my control and I have accomplished nothing. There ya have it...my issue. The feeling of 'nothing'. No family of my own. Mom needs constant encouragement, brother...well. Statistics...Sometimes I just feel left out of the game. BUT I will continue to remind everyone else that God is able. That He is MORE than enough. And I KNOW that, but just sometimes....ya know?
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #213  
Getting back on track!

Hi Rayne, I don't know you (yet) and I hope you don't mind me saying this...
I've just seen your photo - you are so beautiful, and I can tell from reading your notes that you are a great, clever, funny, caring person.
I don't have my own family either -so I understand where you are coming from...I really really do... I'm 37, surrounded by friends babies and my beautiful nephews and Godsons - wonderful but not mine! Sometimes I feel like life has not got round to me yet...but it has, it so has - we are not the best persons to decide if we've accomplished nothing or something, we are simply not to be trusted on this my friend. The people you touch on a daily basis and the care, love and diligence you pour into what you do - that's what shouts out fruitfulness and accomplishment. Results are God's dept. We just have to keep going. You are so in the game...SO IN THE GAME!!! I'm going to really pray for you this week...have a great one and keep going - God is for you. Lets get rid of some pounds!!! Love A.R
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #214  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Good Morning Gals ~

Angie has bells at second service so I have a 3.5 hours before church. I really like going earlier....but what a blessing I have just to be able to go!

Angie and I had chicken piccata, risotto and asparagus last night for dinner. I love her chicken piccata!

Spent the rest of date night playing with the dogs in bed and watching the movie Hitch. Love that movie.

BEV ~ I can understand your frustration However (no lecture here ) don't for a minute think that you can't encourage someone else even though you feel you are "failing" at some issues in your life. God has designed all of us with different talents and abilities. He leaves it up to us on how to use them with guidance from His WORD and prayer. The wonderful gift of free will. We are not perfect people. I think in fact when trying to help people, by sharing the WORD with them, we can turn them off if they feel we THINK we are perfect. We know we aren't but sometimes that isn't shown from us...from me anyway.

To be honest a wonderful gift you can GIVE the folks you help is the opportunity to encourage you! I know it feels good for you to help people...just as Jesus says it will...the people you help may wish to "help" you...to have that FEELING we really can't explain

Being "weak" in your eating discipline DOES NOT make you inadequate to help your "flock" Don't allow those thoughts to enter your mind To be honest it makes you more human...but....alas...we humans need to work on our own issues as we know HE wishes for us

It's no secret around here that I drink too many beers a week I'm not sure who (me-me-me-me) let the cat out of the bag That is an issue that I need encouragement on from my friends here...and they give it to me, not only here but on some of the other 3FC threads....

that being said I still think I have been able to help and encourage others in their struggles...and bring a smile or two once in a while

SCOOTER ~Sometimes Angie and I don't "speak" to each other all day either Angie loaded Rodrigo y Gabriela last night on her i-pod, they play flamenco guitar, and some native Indian flute music by Carlos Nakai. The games are cool, wish I had them growing up.

ROSEBUD ~ Yep...my dad told me years ago to stay away from girls with sticks Reba and Rylee run through the house every night about 7-7:30 playing with their tennis balls, frisbees or pull toys....chase-chase....in the house-out-in-on bed-downstairs-upstairs...it's funny.

AGGIE ~I hope your day is easier today

Well I think I am all caught up! And remember gals...

it is not necessary to post to each person individually! We all come here at different times...sometimes we have time to post...sometimes we just have time to see who needs prayer..don't feel bad if your time is too short to post...still visit
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #215  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ANNIE-ROSE~I was typing when you posted...wise words...prayers for you.

Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #216  

Bev - there is more than one type of family! And that is one of the coolest things about being a Christian. The faith community IS a family - and you are certainly a very important, influential, and needed part of your Christian families!

Your presence here has certainly been a blessing to many! And - one thing that always surprises me about 3FC - is that we have many, many "lurkers". People that read but don't post. So you never know how many people you have helped along the way

The stats are amazing. Right now we have 214 posts on this thread - and over 2000 views. Astounding really!

Gary is right on in what he said! You absolutely CAN do this! And our worth or success are never, ever, ever tied to how successful we are with this weight loss process. God has given each of us a journey, and he will be there along the way. And I can tell you that over the years, I have learned more and grown more and been able to help others more when I have faced adversity and failed. It is a constant reminder to me that alone - I will often fail. When I rely on Him and on the brothers and sisters around me, I virtually never do. Even what looks like failure usually becomes a victory of one sort or another.

Gary - hope you are having a good "balanced" weekend. Keep that Coke Zero handy

Hi to everyone else!

We only had 25 at the early service this morning! The weather is frightful and the plows haven't had a chance to clear the mountains of snow we have gotten over the last two days. We went grocery shopping after church since we were already out and about. Lots of bargains in the fresh fruits and vegetable section. I am craving fresh foods right now. I think the weather is to blame

I hope you all had a blessed Sunday. I also pray that each of you has a wonderful beginning to Lent this week. I just love the Ash Wednesday service. The ashes from last year's palm branches are such a good reminder of what Lent is about. I am looking forward to more intentional study and reading of the Word this season. And my challenge to myself is to slow down - notice those in need around me and to respond as I am led.

How about you? What is your Lenten journey going to be like this year?

Blessings to all! Prayers continuing for each and every one of you
Old 02-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #217  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good day to all,
I just love all of you, your words of wisdom that you share are priceless. You always know just what to say to back things feel better. Your kindness towards one another is truly why God has put us here. We are our brothers keepers. Rayne my prayers are going up for you, Gary, your wisdom is encouraging, I have read other postings of yours from other forums and yes today has been better for me, thank you. Countingdown, you are amazing, just reading what you just posted absolutely awesome. We do touch others lives in ways that we may not know, but they do, that is why we are here to help others along the way, Annie-Rose you are in the right place.
Update, Malachi is doing so much better. Keep paryaing for Morgan, if I can just keep her out of the club. She thinks she has to go out once a week and the more I try to tell her these are the critical months for Malachi bonding. This is such a long story, I will not start it now, but please be in prayer with us for her.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Everyone!

Once again I've missed a couple of days of posting. Life in our household has been crazy this week. I have a very sick child. He missed 2 1/2 days of school because of being sick. We took him to the doctor and found out he has Flu B. They gave all of us pills so the rest of us don't get the flu. The meds don't seem to be helping him so we may have to take him to the doctors again tomorrow.

Monday is our court hearing for Guardianship of the boys. Would appreciate your prayes that all goes well. I don't see why there would be a problem because their Mom is in agreement with it. We have a good relationship with her and are actually taking her to the court hearing. I let you know how it goes.

I fell of the wagon as far as exercising is concerned, but was able to get back into the wagon this weekend. I worked our 40 minutes on Saturday and walked/jogged 1.3 miles today with the snowflakes flying. It felt so good to get outside. This walk/jog was an eye opener for me because it showed me that my exercising is working and that I'm building stamina. I was able to push myself harder than ever. This walk use to take me 35-40 minutes it took me 25 minutes today. Needless to say I was very happy. I didn't gain or lose on my Friday WI.

Bev - I know it is hard to trust God for our own needs and easier to have faith for others needs. God loves you and He is able to take care of you. You are not a failure. You're human and as human we makes mistakes. If you fell down on the sidewalk would you lay there, or would you get right back up. That's the way it is with life's bumps in the road. We have to get up and get back on the horse so to speak and ride. You can do this.

Maybe it's time for you to take some time to yourself and rest awhile from your duties and family issues. Even the Lord took time to rest. Take some time for yourself and renew yourself spiritually and physically.

To everyone else I turst you have a great week. God's blessings on each of you. And to those who are layed off, my husband too, praying that God will open the doors for jobs inspite of the economy.

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, all. Havent' been on in a few days.
If you'd like you can go to my blog and read what i've written there
hallhaven.blogspot.com

Would appreciate your prayers

As for my eating, I'm doing well. I wore a pair of jeans today that were really tight on me last week. It's kinda hard to know if I'm losing in my tummy cause i'm still getting soem "swelly belly" from my surgery this past Sept, especially if I work all day. Ugh!!

anyway, I really need to get soem things prioritized in my life. so, i won't be on as often.
Thansk for your prayers and encouragement.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #220  

Aggie, Kathy and O2be - prayers ascending!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #221  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Justwant2bhealthy - Yes, in the 70's! Actually God blessed with gorgeous weather again today. I do love Florida this time of year and in December when it is around the 70's. Now, the rest of the year I want to move because it is way too hot and humid for me - oh and we have hurricanes then too! LOL

EZ - Thanks I am moving, but not at 5K yet! I will work my way there though. I need to read back for details. Thanks for the invite.

May God Bless all of you with a healthy, joyous and productive week!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #222  

I want to thank you all for the kind words. I don't have a hard time trusting God for my needs...as He seriously supplies for me financially and with other blessings. I just get anxious in the husband...my own family department. I guess that is a need. hmmm

Annie Rose - you nailed it! Thank you for your words. They truly touched me and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. May God bless you GENEROUSLY! You truly understand.

Gary - you rock, as always! prayers for your diet drinks this week and less beer! I start fasting at midnight until Easter. No sugar, carbs, internet (minus e-mail) 1 hr per program...no coffee or vampire (twilight exactly) movies. That should not only help my weight, but help with my relationship with Daddy (GOD) and school...

Kathy - You are right...I do need to rest. I don't get much with everyone that pulls on me. And that is what it feels like sometimes. The shelter was a move of the Holy Spirit yesterday and that was amazing. I wrote a blog about it and may post it here. I've already prayed for the guardianship hearing tomorrow. Let me know how that goes! You are such a great mom!

Laurie - Thank you for the encouragement. I never think that I could add to someone's life by writing here. I know you are right. Thank you for being who you are! And allowing Him to move you...He needs you.

If I forgot anyone...I apologize. I will post that here in just a minute that I wrote yesterday on myspace. by the way...if anyone is on that I am rayne48...that should find me or send me a private message and i will tell you how to find me on that.

Be blessed! And thank you for being my family.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #223  

Blog I wrote on myspace

Saturday, February 21, 2009

who knows

You can't hate without love. The two are tied together...how funny. Hate takes passion. I hate no one. I have no passion that strong...that's a lie. I hate child molesters. I hate people that hurt dogs and the elderly. I hate people that pick on others...

Hate takes energy. Do I use my energy to lash out against those I have declared to hate? No. I use my energy to pour into those that have been hurt.

I re-direct.

You can't hate without love. So, I love the ones that have been abused. The ones that have no one else. I pour my energy into them.

You can't judge without being self-righteous. You don't have to be a "God" person to be self-righteous. You can be an atheist/agnostic/wiccan/whatever and be self-righteous. If you judge someone else...you think too highly of yourself; or too little.

I have found that most people that judge others tend to be uncomfortable in their own skin, therefore they feel the need to lower the 'view' of someone else. It doesn't matter if that other person never knows...the judge does.

I get judged. You get judged. It happens to all of us at some time. What do I do about it? I laugh and shake my head. People don't understand me most of the time. I used to beat my head against a wall trying to be understood. It's frustrating to be so different from everyone you are around. I never stuck with one group of people, because there are so many facets of me that fit in various locations. I'm weird and I'm quite ok with that.

I am a Christian, but I am not judgemental. I am pretty FAR from being that! But, I've been accused of it by those that needed an out in their own minds. I'm so far from being judgmental, that most "christians" would be put off by me.

I march to the tune in MY head...not the tune some preacher hums. I read the book and I pray. I follow the path the best way I see. It may seem wrong to you, but I can promise you don't see it from my vantage point.

Has something happened recently? No...just venting, I guess.

Judging takes energy.

If I judged those that I talk to...I would never have the energy to see healing! Today, I saw two women in a domestic violence shelter finally understand each other and begin to heal! They had been at each other's throats for months. Today, one finally opened her eyes and SAW the other's pain, struggle and hurt. Today, they were able to forgive, hug, cry and attempt to forge ahead.

Both of these women have been abused most of their lives. All they have known is pain. But they finally stopped looking inside and began to look outside. This time, without turning the pain into hate. They turned it into compassion.

I know when I write these, it can be hard to follow. I just write as it comes...please forgive me.

I am not perfect. I won't be...until after I die. I can't judge or I can't see love. I want to see with love's eyes. Not hate's pain.

Don't judge me. Use that energy to help...yourself first, then someone else. You have to put the oxygen mask on your own face before you can help someone else with theirs.

And remember...Reality is every person's own perception of it. What may be easy to you, is a struggle for someone else. What seems so difficult and painful to you, pales in comparison to someone else's pain. Every person is going thru some type of struggle, remember that when someone offends you. Breathe in and release...perception is powerful and not always reality.

wow...that was passionate. Passion takes love. I have both...
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #224  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning all!

Church was GREAT yesterday! Beautiful Worship and a Message from the pastor that made my hubby actually stay awake and take notes. I've been praying for him, that the Lord would draw him closer. He needs to take a leadership role in our family but has just not done that. But I'm seeing inchings towards that. I'm delighted.

My daughter is still being very disrespectful. Please pray that God gives us wisdom. It is so rough...

Jonathan had a tummy bug on Thursday. He's been hospitalized a few times with tummy bugs. He's so thin he gets dehydrated so easily. But God was gracious
and allowed this one to pass in a day. And, no one else got it!

I'm also grateful that the weight keeps coming off. Even with my hubby's bday and Vday this month, I'm still meeting my goal. YAHOOZIE! Down 20 lbs in 2009! Started on 1/12/09 at 310, weighed in this AM at 290.
My goal for now is 10 pounds a month...and it's working!

I'm finding God has changed my desires. I'm finding myself wanting to eat healthy foods and not even tempted to sway. It FEELS so good to be eating what is right for my body.

Hope you all had wonderful weekends! God bless you and lead you in every area of your life!

Donna
Proverbs 3: 5 and 6

Last edited by iwannalose; 02-23-2009 at 08:02 AM.
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #225  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Very wise words from Bev-thanks! It's been a wisdom-filled weekend apparently, looking at all the posts, or maybe they're just words I needed to hear. Prayers gone out for Malachi and for the guardianship hearing and for all other requests.

The flu is letting loose it's hold on our house. It's very slow, but everyone's feeling a little better.

Gary-Is it a woman thing? I'm like Angie in wanting to paint and change things in the house frequently. Drives DH nuts I think he should be used to it as his mom rearranges her house every time she vacuums! Why is change so difficult for men, anyway? I mean, it's just a color...... Our bedroom's getting it next, but he should have known that was coming, as we haven't painted anything upstairs since we moved here 3 1/2 years ago and all the walls are white, white, white.

Wilma-ok, I'll do it! I'm going downstairs in just a little while to use that treadmill. I have to wait until DS is off the playstation as I can't walk while he blows up tanks and stuff. I need my HGTV!

So, I pray you all have a great day! Stay on plan and keep your thoughts on Him, the One Who gave us all He had to give. He will guide us in even the smallest of decisions, like granola bar or potato chips, or water or beer Talk to you later!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote