Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 05:32 PM   #76  

Good afternoon. I'm quite proud of myself. Yesterday I drank nearly 100 oz of water, did 90 crunches in the AM and last night I did the Basic TaeBo. THEN this morning I did 90 crunches and the 8 min TaeBo tape. Think tonight that I will do my Orbitreck, I'll try to get in 30 minutes or so. Well we'll see how it goes.

Jen, I think I would enjoy a little break from DH, but not for that long. I do enjoy a weekend every now and again by myself. That sounds bad, but everyone needs a break even if you do have a PERFECT husband.

What tapes did you order? I found some neat places to get used tapes today and I ordered some of the older FIRM videos. Don't think I'm allowed to post the web site on here but would email them to anyone that might be interested.

Well, it's time for me to go home. I ate lunch here today and it makes for a long day when I do that. I had my husband's truck worked on so I was stuck here. Not really, one of the guys would have let me use their auto, but I really don't feel comfortable driving someone else's car.

See ya tomorrow and keep up the good work!
Old 03-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #77  

Hello All
SEMO - YOU GO GIRL Whew, my stomach hurts just thinking about those crunches. And for the water, that is great. I'm still having a hard time drinking 64 oz. I'm up to about 48 oz. I don't know why I just can't drink it...in the mornings I always seem to wake up thirsty.. you think i'd get the hint... I'm going to look on e-bay & see what other tapes are available.
I got in late tonight, but I did the treadmill, I only walked 2 miles, then I pooped out. I would really like to get up & exercise... I'm hoping to get up & workout tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is my weight in day.. I don't think I did as well as last week. We'll see...

Jen When you see your hubby in May... he's going to wonder who that good looking woman is... You can do it...
It's time to hit the sack...talk to you all tomorrow..
Old 03-07-2002, 09:36 AM   #78  

Good Thursday Morning to All! Don't know how long this is gonna last but I did my 30 min on the orbitreck last night and did the over 40 TaeBo tape plus 30 crunches this morning. OMG, I thought I was gonna die on that tape, Over 40 my foot!!!! Thought 'ol Billy was trying to kill me. I didn't time it but I'm thinking it was at least 45 min long and I've only been doing the basic which is 30. That's probably the reason it was so tough, but I'm not discouraged, I'll do it again day after tomorrow. If everone thinks that one is easy I'll really be embarrassed.

Chat later.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #79  

Mornin' ladies!!

Well, I just sent my son off to school and am waiting for my toddler to finish watching her video so I can use the VCR. I'm really hoping my videos will come today. I'm ready for something new.

SEMO: Good job on those crunches girl! I don't know about the Over 40 cuz I've never done it, but I know that when I mastered the basic, I bought the advanced and OMIGOSH!! I thought "you've got to be kidding". I too was sure that Billy was trying to kill me. Shouldn't there be a Tae Bo intermediate??? I think so. I really like the 8 minute workout though.

1Day: I know what you mean about the water. The only way I can drink it all is by taking dietary supplements throughout the day. I don't really need to take them, but if I do, I drink a glass of water with each one and TAH-DAH.....I've had my water for the day. Otherwise, all I'd drink is Diet Coke.

So I'm kind of wondering....Do any of you have a lot of weight to lose, or are you just trying to tone yourself up?? When I started Tae Bo and dieting last February, I was 100 pounds overweight. I lost 60 pounds, then over the past couple of months I totally slacked off and gained back 13 pounds. So now I'm back on the wagon again, ready to get rid of the extra pounds. I've lost 6 of the 13 regained pound so far. Only 47 left to goal!! I want to lose 22 more pounds by the first week of May, so I gotta kick some butt!!

Anyhoo, it's almost my turn at the VCR so I'll pop in later.
Jen
Old 03-07-2002, 01:41 PM   #80  

Hi Jen, You have done a great job and I'm glad that your back on track. Yeah for Jen!!

I have about another 15 to 20 pounds that I want to lose, It's taken me over a year to lose 35. It's slow BUT it's changes that I can live with from here on out. I too have slipped off the wagon and I want to get back on track. I really want to get toned up before the end of May because our oldest son is getting married then our youngest is a senior in college. Anyway you should get in shape now because when you get my age everything goes south. And it's not a pretty sight!

One day at a time is following Weight Watchers and I'm just cutting calories and fat grams, what are you doing? I must say that for me exercise is a major key. I really don't care how much I weigh I just want to be firm and toned, and by doing that I will be able to wear a smaller size, I would like to fit confortably in a 10 at some point. At 160 I'm wearing a 14 blue jean and I'm 5'6. I do not wear anything very tight so I want a loose 10 jean.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:02 PM   #81  

Hello All
I had my weigh in today and lost 1.8 lbs... that is 3.4 lbs in two weeks... Yeah... I just need to stay focused.
To answer your quesion. When I started I weighed 173, and today i'm 169.6.. my goal would be 150 lbs.. or even smaller,, but for now i'm going to focus on 5 lb increments. If I look at the big picture, I lose my motivation . I have really tried to drink my water & to try and get some exericse in...Tonight I have a date with Billy.... (Billy Blanks that is)...
we'll I need to run.. I'm having a really bad day... everyone is needing parts...I'm gettting stressed out but i'm reaching for the water instead of candy...I've already drank 48 oz and i'm working on my next 16 oz...
talk to you all later
Old 03-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #82  

Well, I finally won the battle for the VCR and got my 30 minutes in today. I'm just sitting here waiting for the mail to come hoping my videos will be here.

SEMO: I forgot to tell you earlier what videos I ordered. I bought one Redbook aerobics video with three different workouts on it, then a Reebok dance aerobics video, and then on that's called Cardio Boot Camp. I thought that was funny. Since my DH is at boot camp, I kind of think of this time as my own boot camp. It looks like it's going to be a tough one. 50 minutes of aerobic and Tae-Bo type stuff. I almost got a couple of The Firm videos. Let me know how you like them.
As for my diet plan, after trying them all I have settled on simply cutting calories and exercise. Trying to stay around 1200 calories a day and 30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week. This is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. If I hadn't slacked off at the holidays, I'd probably be looking pretty good right now.

My mission in life is to be able to shop in the "normal people" section of the store and buy the cutest clothes I can find. Not only that, I would absolutey LOVE to buy a single digit size. With my build, I'm not holding my breath, but boy would that be great! I have a lot of muscle, so I weigh more than I look like usually (thank goodness). Before I gained over the holidays, I was between 182-185 and was wearing 14's to 16's depending on the brand. I figure if I can get down to 145-150, that would be good. But on that note, I won't rely only on the numbers on the scale. I will judge by looks and what size I'm wearing as well and decide what is right for me.

1Day: Sorry you are having such a hectic day. But let me give you a big pat on the back for drinking all that water!!! Keep it up!

Well, I'm off for now.
Jen
Old 03-08-2002, 02:43 AM   #83  
Mooz

Default Tae Bo

Good morning to everyone on this thread. I am writing this at 7.30 am Sorry if I don't mention you all by name but I don't really know you all yet and when I am typing in my reply I can't remember who said what! Maybe it's my age!
Anyway I put on 1 pound this week at WW but I knew that I had done badly and was expecting it. So far, since Wednesday, I have been keeping on track and drinking 2 litres of water every day and do you know I think it really helps to keep the hunger at bay. I fill a 1 litre bottle of water at night, put it in the fridge and start drinking my first glass at breakfast and then by lunchtime I have to fill the bottle again and I know that I have to finish it by bedtime.
I ordered my first Tae Bo video tape through the internet yesterday from a company called Blackstar and about 2 hours after ordering it they sent me an e-mail saying that they had shipped it out Now that was quick work I thought so hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow
You all sound really nice and friendly on this thread so if you don't mind I will try and write a couple of times per week.
Talk to you all later
Anne
Old 03-08-2002, 09:44 AM   #84  

good morning all! Gosh I haven't been here in forever.
jehari it's nice to see you again! Are you hangin in there?
Hope your hubby is doing well.
I have Reebok tape, for step aerobics, and MAN do they work my butt off! (literally!
I still alternate tae bo with step just for variety. I have lost 17 lbs since 1 jan, and right now I am wearing my size 8 jeans that I have not worn in 2 1/2 years. BTW, I am only 5'2" tall so I would like to be in a size 6.
I am doing the WW thing, but without the meetings. I don't want to spend the money, I am a tight wad LOL!! But I have gotten lots of info from a friend at work and some web sites with food point values and things like that. I have stopped eating fast food all together. It was so easy to walk to Arby's for lunch and grab a hot ham & cheese and some potato cakes. Now I usually have a salad with fat free dressing and maybe some cheese for a little protein.
Hi to everyone else! 1day, glad to see you're getting in gear
I was worried about you before, but keep that motivation going!
(sometimes I feel like richard simmons!) LOL!
talk to you ladies later!!
lauri
Old 03-08-2002, 11:08 AM   #85  

Happy Friday Morning and hello to all.

One Day at a Time: Congrats on the weight loss, WooHoo and you get two workout girls this week, because we all know the weight loss usually drops off the second week but you're doing great!

Anne: Glad that you are going to join us, I hope you like your TaeBo's, it's hard but I can tell you from experience it does get easier and so worth the effort. Don't give up. I find that reporting my progress helps me stay on program. I'm slightly competive so I don't want to get behind.

Jen: did you get your new tapes yet? We're going to be in great shape in no time at all.

Lauri: Nice to meet ya, I've been hanging around for a couple of weeks and hope to get to know you better.

I did 8 min TaeBo, 17 min on the orbritreck and 5 on the AbDoer for a total of 30 this morning. I'm a morning person and like to get it over with and into the shower first thing in the mornings. I don't have to think about it again for the day. Anyone else an early bird? Back later work calls.

Last edited by SEMO; 03-08-2002 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #86  

Mornin' ladies!

Well, I did just over 30 minutes of the Tae Bo advanced tape today. I've done 30 minutes of exercise for 7 days in a row now! I think that's a record for me. My legs felt a little weak today though, so I think maybe I will take a little easy tomorrow and just go for a walk with the kids.

Anne: Welcome! Post here any time you want. The more the merrier they say. Let us know how you like your new tape!

Indy: Welcome back! 17 pounds is GREAT!! Good move ditching the fast food....it is evil !!

SEMO: I like to get my work out over with in the morning too. I do it, then shower, then get on with my day. If I don't do it in the morning, then I never get it done. As for the new tape (Boot Camp).... omigosh did I get in over my head!! I've only been getting back into the exercise thing for a week now and that is MEGA tough. Very high impact, lots of jumping around. Quite frankly I just have too much fat still hanging around to do that much jumping! I think the instructor is made of rubber!! I think I'll stick with the aerobics and Tae Bo for a few more weeks before I try that. But I'll tell ya one thing for sure... the day I can finish that video, I will be a goddess!! I'm still waiting for the 2 other aerobic tapes I ordered and they should be here today.

Anyhoo, gets thats about it for now. Talk at ya later,
jen
Old 03-08-2002, 04:24 PM   #87  

Good Afternoon
We'll today is another rough day, but i'm sticking to my plan. I know I can easily pick up a candy bar, but i've worked too hard for my 3 lb loss. So i'm drinking lots of water..
Jen Way to Go on the Exericse, I know those legs are a little sore right now, but in no time they'll be slim & sleek..But don't overdo, you don't want to get hurt.
Semo I'm a morning person too, I just can't seem to get up though, my alarm goes off 45 min. prior to me having to get up, but i just don't get up & do it.. I"m still working on it though..
IndyLauri I go to the WW meeting here at work, not in my building, but a 5 min walk. I enjoy going & meeting other people. I'm a tightwade too... & i get mad when I have a gain... I think that just cost me $ 10 bucks to weigh in..You need to check in more often & help keep me on track..
Ann Check back in as often as you want. We're all here for support & any help that you might need. I"m also on WW..
Old 03-09-2002, 08:52 AM   #88  

Ladies!! 6 pages wow! Are we good or what? LOL!!
1day, I am so happy for you!! It is easier to stay on track when you start seeing the results. I do the same thing. There is always candy or doughnuts around my office, and I just keep picturing my butt in my smaller jeans if I don't eat it, and in the big jeans if I do eat it. It works for me.
Jen, I know what you mean about the flab and jumping around. I remember feeling that way too. It's kind of cool when you can notice you aren't "flopping around" so much, once the firming starts.
SEMO, nice to meet you too! I exercise in the morning as well. I was doing it at night, but I'm going to be putting in some late nights at work (new computer system, have to train, and input all the patient info) so I know I won't be feeling like it at night. I enjoy getting it over with, so I don't have to think about having to do it after work.
mooz, welcome to our little family. I guess I am kind of the buttkicker of the group according to 1day. If your morale gets low, I'll be here to "pump you up"

Everyone have a great day! I am having my coffee then I will be letting Billy Blanks have his way with me.
buh bye!!
Lauri
Old 03-09-2002, 12:34 PM   #89  

Good Morning...
It's been a long week, so I had plans on sleeping in late... we'll that got interupted with a phone call from work... so now i'm logged on & doing some work... thought I check the site out for a few minutes. My plans are to work out both days, since the week days get hetic for me & I come home tired & skip a work out...
we'll i need to run... work is calling me..
Old 03-09-2002, 04:58 PM   #90  

Hello All, just peaking in to see if anyone is out and about. You know that TaeBo for 40 and over that I thought had to be at least 45 min, WELL it wasn't. It was only 30 minutes, but I made it through a little easier today. I was up and finished before 6:00 then colored my hair and went to town to buy groceries.

DH and I are going to the movies a little later to see "We were Soldiers" with Mel Mibson. OMG is he ever handsome!! Yeah, hubby knows that I think that he is a hunk.

I'm being a little today, don't know why the weekends are so darn hard. I'm drinking water like crazy so I can pass on the popcorn tonight. I gotta run.
Closed Thread