Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 09:47 AM   #46  

SEMO: Since 1 jan I have lost ~15 lbs, and I was a tight 12. Now I am in an 8.
Good job on the loss!!!!!
I have been alternating tae-bo with step aerobics. This keeps the burnout and boredom in check.
Keep up the good work!
lauri
Old 02-20-2002, 02:47 PM   #47  

Smile

I may pull those tapes back out tonight and blow the dust off of them and give it another try. I also have the AbDoer and Orbritreck which would make a good every other day switch. I was so faithful to exercising for such a long time then I don't know what happened, I missed a few days....then that turned into weeks.... then months and well you know the story. My oldest son is getting married the last part of May, so I would love to have those last pounds off. I know I can do it, Just have to make up my mind.
I work full time so I check in every few hours or so when time premits, guess I had better get back to work. They actually expect me to work.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:34 PM   #48  

IndyLauri & Semo - Way to go Girls. That is a great weight loss. Me - I've only lost 2 lbs. I have got to start exercising on a daily basis. I'm always coming up with excuses of why I can't exercise... to tired, to busy.
I went to the grocery store tonight so I can start bringing something to eat at work. I started getting in the habit of running out for lunch, besides the calories it was starting to get expensive.
Semo you can do it, but you just have to take that first step. I check in durning the day. So i'll check on you tomorrow.
Everyone have a great evening.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #49  

Well I didn't get the tapes out last night. I'm still re-cooping from the flu. I never get sick and I missed two days of work last week and should have been home all week. I still am not feeling up to par, but I will get back to it This was the first time in over 15 years that I have missed work due to illness and I can tell you that I sure did not like it. I finally broke down and went to the Dr and I still have a cough that I can't shake. Sorry didn't mean to whine.
Going to the grocery store tonight to get my salad fixings and may pick up some more Skinny Cow Ice Cream (98% Fat Free with 130 Cal per sandwich) I live in a rural area and it takes quite a while before some things make it to our stores and I got a package last week for the first time. VERY GOOD if you haven't tried it! You just have to be careful because you want to eat all of the six that are in the package.
Better get back to work...... What type of work do you all do?
I work in a fertilizer and chemical facility. We mix and apply bulk fertilizer to crops like, wheat, corn, soybeans, rice, milo and cotton, and sell ag chemicals for weed and insect control. That's why I have a lot of slack time in the winter and work like crazy in the spring and summer. Back later.

Last edited by SEMO; 02-21-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:31 PM   #50  

Semo - Take care of yourself first. You don't want to have a relapse. The tapes will still be there. I just love Skinny Cow, that 's one of my problems, I love ice cream. I can skip dinner & have a bowl instead Luckily, i gave up ice cream for lent so we'll see if that helps. I work for a utility company. I order parts, so i'm on the phone quite a bit. My problem is I sit on my butt all day. I use to be out in the field & then about 1 1/2 years I transferred to a inside job. We'll 1 1/2 years later, I've gained about 20 lbs. I think in the time i've been at my new job, I've pretty much eaten at all of them.
We'll it's time to hit the sack... I'm hoping to get up early and exercise. Talk to you later...
Old 02-22-2002, 12:21 AM   #51  

Default Tae bo Opinion

Hi:

I received the set of Tae Bo videos for Christmas. I started out with the intro tape to see what it was like. I happend to like it because it showed propre techniques to punches and movements so you don't hurt your elbows or back by twisting wrong. I felt like it was simple enough for me to keep up with the demonstrations and feel like I was being challenged. later, my 8 year old son started joining me and it became something fun for us to do together and bond as well. If you like that type of sport to begin with, I think it is worth doing. That is my experience with it. I plan to continue and perhaps start the 2nd video in a few months.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:41 AM   #52  

Good Morning! Patty I think I'm gonna take your advice, alto my motivation is up I still just don't have any extra engery to spare. I sit all day at work to and it certainly makes a difference when it comes to gaining weight. Also, I am 52 years old and being older has given me an additional challenge as well. When I get home from work I don't have small ones to chase after so I get sort of lazy. Just Hubby and I at home so there isn't a lot to do. I used to belive that you actually had to clean and dust all the time, now I feel that a little dust is good furniture protections. I'm an early riser so I can't stay awake very late at night. I thought you needed less sleep when you got older? I'm finding a lot of myths about old age.
My computer is out at home so I'll check back on Monday. DH and I are going to look at a new one Saturday, not sure that we will make the purchase or wait a while.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:09 PM   #53  

Good afternoon Semo - We'll the alarm went off at 5am & I laid there & thought about getting up but I was too tired. So, I pushed the snooze over & over again. I'm 40 & single, so I don't have to worry about anyone but me & my dog. I have got to get a game plan thought of working out. It's just after working 8 hours, then comuting home, by the time I get home sometimes it 7pm.. I feel then I need to do laundry, or i'm just too tired. I have a wedding in April & I would really like to lose some weight. The last wedding they saw me at I was 20 lbs lighter. Also in june, I was planning a trip & I would defitely love to be slimmer. We'll I need to run, My smart one angel hair marinara is getting cold. Good luck with the computer... there are alot of good buys out there... I know after I bought mine, the price dropped like 200. They are always coming up with the new & improved.
Have a great weekend & talk to you monday...
Old 02-23-2002, 08:43 AM   #54  

good morning ladies!! I haven't been here for a few days. I had not gotten email that there was new stuff.
I work on my butt all day too. (dr's office receptionist) and this is how I gained weight over the last two years.
Since jan 1 I have gone from 153 to 139lbs. I work from 8-5. I come home to a husband and 2 sons, cook a decent supper and after I rest for a few minutes I exercise for atleast 30 minutes.
Instead of NOT finding time you need to find the time. I had to decide which was more important, sitting on my butt for 30 minutes watching some TV show or missing it and getting my exercise in. By the way I am 42, just so you dont' think I'm some youngster with energy to spare LOL!
I don't mean to come off like I am lecturing you ladies, but seriously, think about it. I have days where I don't feel like working out, but once I get started I am glad I did. If I didn't I'd be feeling guilty sitting on my fat butt.

HealthyO: my 13 year old son likes to tae bo with me too. Sometimes we crack up while we're doing it. He's all arms and legs right now, and thin LOL!! I keep waiting for him to accidentally kick me in the head and knock me out!! :-)
Have a good day!!
Lauri
Old 02-23-2002, 11:45 AM   #55  

IndiLauri - Your so right. I guess for me it's taking that step.. I'm always coming up with excuses. This weekend though, I'm going grocery shopping for the week & I'm also going to schedule in my exercise in my planner. I follow that planner to a "T" at work, so why can't i do the same at home.. Hey I could use all the help, motivation, or sometimes I just need someone to kick my butt...
so thanks...
Old 02-23-2002, 07:56 PM   #56  

You go girl!! Let me know how you do!! I was afraid you'd be mad at me for kicking your butt!!!
Once you start seeing results for yourself, IMHO, it gets easier to stick to your plan.
Lauri
Old 02-25-2002, 12:32 PM   #57  

Good Monday Morning Ladies! I got several miles in walking this weekend our weather here in Missouri was delightful. Felt good to get some fresh air after being sick for almost two weeks. I'm afraid that our spring like weather will be short lived, we have a COLD front quickly approaching and by this evening will be winter again.
We did purchase a new computer on Saturday but the monitor that came with my package was out of stock so I'll be making another trip back to pick it up when it comes in. Tried hooking the new CPU up to my old monitor but it would not work because it is 8 or 9 years old, something about the color? Anyway that stuff is all greek to me, I just want it to work when I want it to.
Our oldest son will be getting married in late May and I found a dress and shoes while I was out on my shopping trip. Hadn't planned on buying anything, just was going to look. Well you know what always happens, I found the perfect dress and shoes. I for sure can't gain any weight between now and then, however I can lose 5 or 10 without any problems tho. The dress is made sort of shift style (if you guys are in your forty's you'll know what I mean.) with a very sheer jacket, So I don't want any bulges showing.
Today is our cut off for getting any invoices on this month's statements so I had better run.
Have a great day!
Old 02-25-2002, 01:33 PM   #58  

Good Afternoon
I had a busy weekend. Cleaned house, then went over to my sister for the evening. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, sticked to my list. I'm trying to bring my lunch & healthy snacks to work . Are you all following any diet plan? How many days are you all exercising? I'm trying to follow Weight Watchers.
Semo - I don't know anything about computers. I just hope mine at home never breaks down. I'm glad you found a dress... The wedding is in May, right? That gives you at least 2 1/2 months to slim& trim down.
We'll i need to run...talk to you all later..
Old 02-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #59  

Good Morning.
Patty how'd the grocery shopping go, find any good stuff? I'm not on any certain diet plan, just try and cut calories and fat. This has worked well for me in the past but I just need to start watching it a little closer. You know after you shed a lot of weight then you get to thinking that you look pretty good, but in reality I know that I need to take off another 15 pounds. I feel so much better after losing weight and exercising.....so why do I try my best to get out of it? If anyone knows the answer to that one, I sure would like to know the answer. Do you attend the WW meetings? I was a life time member from years ago, but it's all different now I suppose.
How's the exercising going? I'm getting some in each day and drinking a least 64 oz of water daily. I usually stop counting once I know that I have hit 64 oz, which I thought was enough until someone else told me that I should be getting at least 90 something down. Anyway I'm doing much better than before so that's an improvement anyway you look at it. I have found that if I cut my coffee back to one cup in the morning that I do not have any problems gettin the water in and have finally gotten to the point that I'm not running to the bathroom every five minutes.
Well work calls, so I've got to run.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:48 PM   #60  

Hello
It's been a busy week, and it's only tuesday. I joined WW for the 3rd time, this past jan. I attend the meeting on thursdays near my work. I just heard today that at my work we're starting a WW@work program on fridays. So I don't know If I can just attend those meeting too. When I went shopping I tried to stock up on frozen entrees for lunch & the small can fruit. I also tend to buy alot of junk. Even though I do count it, I have alot of carbs in my basket. That is the one thing that I seem to eat alot of. As for exercise i'm trying to do something at least 5 days a week. I have purchased a wall calendar & i'm marking it with a big X if i don't exercise, that way I can see when I don't exercise..
We'll I need to run... I have to get my exercise in for the day...
talk to you tomorrow...
Closed Thread