Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #16  

Smile

I would love to be a part of this, too. I love walking because it isn't strenuous and it's great exercise. My calves are so toned when I am keeping up with my walks. My goal for April will be 60 miles. I hate treadmills so I will be doing this on the track near my house. Good luck to all of you and thanks for the inspiration!

Walked 1 mile today-59 more to go. . .
Walked 1 mile again today-2 for April-I have a ways to go.
Walked 2 miles today-56 left. Need to get going!

Last edited by Krissy23; 04-06-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Krissy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #17  
I CAN DO THIS

I swear I walk way to much.. I didn't plan on walking at all today.. But I put my daughter's shoes on to go to the sitters and she had a fit.. She wanted to get in her stroller and go..
so 1 mile there.. then I went to work early and stopped at the park and walked 2 miles..
then I got asked to close..at work tonight which meant and hour lunch.. went back to the park and walked another 2 miles...
plus my 2- 15 minute breaks walking the perimeter of the store = 1mile..
so 6 miles.
then i took my pedometer off when I got home. OMG.. 12.49 miles.. I ran around the store so much tonight.. and I cleaned alot tonight.. :P
I just had way to much energy today/tonight

April miles... 9

Good luck to everyone.
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #18  

Hi everyone!!! I would love to join in...the weather is getting better and I love to walk, so my April goal is 30 miles.
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #19  

Ashlie, that sounds like me with all the running around at work. I run around alot at work too and I average 10 to 11 miles on my shift. Crazy how much walking a person can do at work!

Got up early today and did the 3 mile WATP with weights. April miles: 8
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #20  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Dang posted last night to the other thread.. hmm.. i'll copy to this one in a sec. Glad to see everyone here and the newbies too!! Hi!

I'm also going to start posting steps for the day. 1 miles equals roughly 2100 steps for me.
Last two days I have hit my goal.. 10001 on apr 1 and 10657 april 2. Yay!! Doing better on my cals.. still not good enough on my water.. which is weird bc I do love it.
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #21  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Thanks, Cathy. I am moving on and focusing on making a fitter, healthier me this year. So I need all the support I can get!!

And thanks everyone here!! I appreciate the great support you all give me.

I am zoning in on my next goal.. Onederland. 9lbs. to go! Today (Sunday) is DHs bday. We are going to Corpus Christie on the weekend of the 15th to celebrate. We love it there.

Ok, bigggggg announcement!!

I ORDERED A SCALE! YEP, A SCALE.
It's a regular Weight Watchers digital scale. Should be fine til I join the Y or whatever.
Can you believe it?? Well, I hadda get one bc I hate having to wait to weigh. I loved not having one here tho. I'm worried I'll be tempted to get on it too often then I'll be miserable from all the fluctuations. I am vowing to weigh Monday Mornings!! And then posting to help me keep on track. Anyone else in for that? Or are you all already doing this??

Oh and only two actual days in March did I not hit at least 10,000 steps. Yay! I actually went walking while I was out of town, up and down my Grandpa's farm road. It was great.. blackberry blossoms everywhere.. can't wait til the berries are ready.

I have gotten my 10k steps a day on Apr 1 and 2. Trying for 10,000 a day from now on. When I go way over, ok.. good. But at least 10k a day. Have a great weekend. Hugs to you all!!! Bye!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 AM   #22  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Sherri and Ashlie, dang! Lotsa walking! I think I'll start adding in my 'measured walks'.. like you all are doing. Today I'm going walking in my neighborhood. I'll post any measured walks from now on. Might help me get more in. Usually since I watch all the babies, I have to walk in place while watching them or walk around my living room in a big circle, which is ok until they all want to climb on me! LOL. I'm often restricted bc I am here with so many kids, it's not possible to go out walking in the neighborhood and my DH is only here 2 or 3 days a week so I can go. (Oh but watch out when I get my Y membership.. hee hee. Imma use the treadmills and stairmasters several times a week, among other things.) My miles without interruption won't be much now, (the Y will watch the kids so I can work out there tho!) but I'll keep track. My daily average of total walking is usually right around 5 miles. Not too bad. Some of you girls put me to shame tho! LOL.

Good job! It keeps me reminded I can always do morrrrrre!!

I reeeeeeeeeeally wanna hit my goal, or surpass it this month. I'm giving myself 2 days out of 30 where I am allowed to go under 10,000 steps (in the car driving all day long with kids, etc.). I will try to not use them. Also, I am setting a goal of 25 miles (measured walks) for the month.. I don't have any idea how many I can get in. I suppose walking in place at night watching TV after the kids are asleep will count for them too...

Wish me Good Determination! I'm wishing it for you all too!! Hugs!!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #23  

Good afternoon everyone. I decided that April was going to be the month that I start taking care of myself so I started walking again. To keep myself going I thought I'd post a goal of 30 miles this month.

I walked 2 mi. yesterday and another 3 today --- 5mi. for the month so far.

Hope you all enjoy the day!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:16 PM   #24  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Welcome Mrs. Beasley!! Glad to have you aboard!
Hope everyone is doing well here!! I walked 4 miles today. Might get some more in tonight.
Hugs!!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #25  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

So, April miles so far.. 8.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #26  

Good morning! I didn't get any walks in over the weekend, but I plan to get a nice one in tomorrow. Keep up the good work, everyone!
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #27  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Hi Cathy, Healthy4Life, Cristi, Ashlie, Britt, Sherri, Krissy, Jazzmine, Soon2B & Mrs. Beasley

Okay gals...
This picture is one I took earlier in the day, Saturday -
when we had about 4 inches on the ground:

This one as you can clearly see (look at the base of the tree & branches!) that
we have gotten allot more! All together 15"

Look at my poor garden it was greening up!

*~*~*

We lost our electric for about 16 hours and had no sleep at all Saturday night (time change was rough on us both!) & it got so cold! We dug out our kerosine heater and lit that and it brought the temps in here up to 63* and held steady... thank goodness. And we have a gas stove, so no problems there - I was still able to cook meals, just lit the burners with a match instead. And we had our radio...

My Joe had to be at church by 8:00 to direct (thank goodness for 4-wheel-drive!) and I couldn't leave the house with the heater lit, so I decided to go shovel snow for him, so he could get back into the driveway. I was outside for all of 10 minutes when my left foot sunk into the very wet and heavy snow and twisted! I shoved snow into my shoe & finished the job - took me about an hour. I didn't think it was all that bad of a sprain... well, guess what!?! I am wearing an air-cast for 10 days! It was bad! I was crawling on the floor last night... so off to the Dr's I went. It felt really bad last night, but it doesn't feel too bad this morning, wearing the air-cast. I even got in my exercise this morning - I just used the Elliptical instead of the T-Mill --- less stress on my feet.

Whew! Am I glad that this weekend is over!! I pray that the snow storms will be too! Today we have a clear, sunny, blue sky day! Beautiful!!

Okay... I am going to go grab a bite to eat...
Anyone else get hit with this storm?

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

Does shoveling snow for an hour count for anything

ApRiL MiLeS : 3.00

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-04-2005 at 11:24 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #28  

Hi SunnyD! Wow, beautiful pics of the snow, but I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough time with it. I'm so ready from spring, and I'm sure you are. Hope that foot heals quickly! I think shoveling snow counts for sure
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:18 PM   #29  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Sry to hear Sunny, but we get NO snow.. we got a few flurries that didn't stick much on Christmas Eve, first time ever for me. Nice to see you are here too!

8 miles walked in April so far.. can't weigh til I get my scale in.. will then. did 18,910 steps yesterday, 9.5 miles the whole day.. uggh. tired! LOL. Walked four.. the rest was all day.. Hugs! Keep it up, girls! It's TTOM too..uggh. Can't wait til next week! I won't be bloated!

How is everyone doing? Bye for now!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #30  
Amy Needs New Shoes

I've got some catching up to do!

SUNNY!!!!! I'm soooo glad to see you again! Glad that you're feeling better. Sorry about the ankle! At least its only for 10 days. You'll be back up before you know it!

Soon2Be - Sounds like you've really got a positive attitude about things. You're doing so good! I'm proud of you! I'm glad you told your sister off. You know, you expect friends to be jealous and treat you that way. But family is supposed to be happy for you no matter what. And why, why, why is it that size 8s think they can cry to us? Like we'll say "Oh poor baby. That must be awful for you!". haha You have done so well. Keep it up and be proud of what you've accomplished.

I had an awesome weekend! Saturday my BF and I went to Granbury and then Glen Rose to see the dinosaur tracks. Then Sunday we went to Mineral Wells to hike. I got a pedometer and I hope its right. It said I did 15,000 steps, 4.87 miles, 2 hours and burned 800 calories! I'm proud! We're going to try to do the night hike there this weekend. Should be fun. I'm so glad we found an activity that we like to do together. We bought a year pass so we can go to any Texas State Park we want to. I don't know if anyone cares but here is the link for the Texas State Parks: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/parkguide/
Lets see. I ended up with 22 miles in March. And I'm full swing for April so I'm going to say my April goal is 30 miles. Talk to you all soon! Later - Amy

Last edited by shoequeen69; 04-04-2005 at 12:29 PM.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote