Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 02:40 PM   #1  

I was wondering if anyone has seem the informercial for power 90. MY husband was watching it and
asked if that would work for me. I was just wondering if it was working for anyone out there
Old 04-19-2001, 07:45 PM   #2  

Hi wwgal!

Yes I saw the commercial for this program and was wondering the same thing. It involves 35 minutes a day of exercise. One day is aerobic and one toning. It looked interesting. You can check it out on www.beachbody.com but if you buy it buy it from the infomercial because it's a much better deal. Let me know what you think. I have a few beach body videos that are really great and really do target those hard to tone areas. I'm tempted to get this kit myself but I'm afraid I won't be able to commit to doing so much each night. Right now I do the Spark program that's 10 minute bouts of exercise (aerobics, toning and stretching) and it's been working great for me. I hope this wasn't too long. Sorry for writing so much!
Old 04-19-2001, 09:38 PM   #3  

Default power 90

Your email has helped alot. WE ordered it from the infomercial and i will post here when i get
it and how it is.
Old 04-20-2001, 10:20 AM   #4  

wwgal,
Hi again! I will be anxiously awaiting for your post on what you think about this program. I saw the infomercial again and it keeps tempting me. Isn't the infomercial price good compared to the web price? It's less then half the price! Did you order the exercise tubing with it or are you going to use free weights? I have tubing at home and I love it. You can check this website out too for more tubing options. It's www.spriproducts.com and you have to create a log in name and password but they have great products for good prices. Just a thought. Please keep me posted!
Old 04-20-2001, 12:21 PM   #5  

Default hi

where they get you are the supplements. WIth the internet price they are included but they are not on
the infomerical. I can't decide if i really need they or not. THey cost 74.00 for 2 different kinds and they
are both 90 days worth. I don;t know enough about supplements to really know if they are going to make a difference or will i get the same results with out them.
Old 04-20-2001, 04:32 PM   #6  

Hi again,
I would say no to the supplements. Which ones are they? I know some about certain supplements because my son takes them for weight lifting and football. But even on the infomercial it states that you don't need to take the supplements. It might speed up the results but I think the bottom line is you are burning fat by doing the aerobics and building muscle. You can always go to a local store for supplements later on if you feel it will enhance your results but I think you made a good choice not to get them right away. Keep me informed.
Old 04-21-2001, 07:50 AM   #7  

I have to agree with you about the supplements. FOr the women supplements it does n;t
seem to be any big one. I know creatine is important for men but there isn;t anything like
that for women. That is probably why they call the women supplement total health. I can;t
wait to get it and try the tapes.

I am thinking it has to work because it is aerobics and weight training wi th the diet plan.
Where ever other diet i have been on the diet comes first and the execise is any after thought

SO i am thinking this one has to really work unlike the bunches of others you see on tv.

I just want to thank you for talking to me about power 90. I can;t find any place where people are
talking about or using it where i can get some feedback.
Old 04-21-2001, 01:24 PM   #8  

I am so glad I found someone else interested in this program too. I'm very excited for you to get power 90 and let me know what you think. The price is great! And it is the key to weight loss I think. Weight training especially. My son takes creatine but we buy it from GNC and he also takes protein powder from GNC but I take nothing just because of what you said about womens supplements. I've been doing some research on supplements that will help us and I'll let you know if I find anything worth taking. Until then I think this workout program will be the key to getting great results. It's great you have someone to do it with too. But if you say it's a good deal I will probably buy it and then we can start a power 90 thread! I'll keep in touch. I hope you will too. Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2001, 08:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I just bought the Power 90 System and started yesterday.

I did the circuit video 1/2 yesterday and I feel it today but not in a bad way. I used real small weights (2 pounders) and went through it. I liked it because he says to go slow, take your time, do it right, etc. He seems to be very consise.

I tried the Cardio 1/2 this morning and OH MY GOD I AM OUT OF SHAPE.... it was hard for me. They start with some warm up and then go to some power yoga that was really hard for me, then they go to the aerobics which includes some Tae-Bo type steps in it. It was hard for me, but he tells you to go at your own pace, tells you not to over do, put it on pause if you need to, he will be there when you get back. I did not try the ab one today.

I like these videos so far. I like that he doesnt have music in them so you can really pay attention to him at first. He tells you to put on music that motivates you which is nice because not everybody likes the same music. I also like the clock at the bottom of the screen. For me it keeps me motivated because I can go WELL I ONLY HAVE 10 more minutes, I can do 10 more minutes.... 9 min 12 secs.... etc.

There are 6 videos total.... (3) phase 1/2 and (3) phase 3/4. I can see this working. As for the diet program. It makes since, nothing real radical, more the common sense stuff. I read through it and am keeping the things he said in min, but I have started Weight Watchers so I will follow that more closely. Although what he said can be incorporated in it.

Anyway, sorry I was a little long winded. Will Let you know how it goes from here....
Old 04-24-2001, 10:42 AM   #10  

Angel,
Thank you so much for the information. If you don't mind can you tell me a little more about the aerobic video? How long is it? Is there allot of jumping? That's the only portion I'm concerned about. I bought some tapes from beachbody.com and they are great and also have the timer at the corner of the screen. I think these really work. I believe it is the same guy as on the power 90 program. If you don't mind could you give me some information on the length of the tapes. I can work in about 30 minutes a day but when it gets into the hour thing I have a hard time. Also can you do half in the morning and half in the evening? That would work out great too. I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm excited about this program and you are the first person I know that actually has it. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-24-2001, 02:08 PM   #11  

Default angel 26519

I am so glad we have some one who actually has done power 90. I have ordered it but have
not received it yet. Did you get the supplements withi it? If you did do you see them
helping you.

thanks
Old 04-24-2001, 05:11 PM   #12  

Hey All.....

The Aerobics Tape is about 35 minutes from start to finish.... I didnt see alot of jumping, he speaks alot about soft landing so that the joints are not affected. There are some yoga moves, some tae-bo type moves but I didnt see any jumping with them. He also has some alternative moves that you can do. Some he shows on the videos and some are in the booklet he included. There is also an ab video that you do on the cardio day that is a little under 4 minutes long, but I havent done it yet. I think you could probably do that one at a different time. Both the Curcuit Tape and the Aerobic Tape are about 30 minutes long. I dont think you could really break it up into 2 sessions unless you did another warm up.

As for the supplements I did order them but only received the Womens Health one. The girl taking my order was a real ditz and I think she screwed up. I think I will be ordering the other just to try. I have only been on the womens health one for 2 days now and I do think it is helping with the energy thing. I dont think I am as tired as I am normally especially when I start exercising. I will have to keep you posted.

Also when ordering they try to get you to pay for it all at once instead of the easy payment plan by saying that it will take so long to get it.... FYI it took less than a week without paying for it all at once....
Old 04-24-2001, 07:02 PM   #13  

Default cost of supplements

How much did the supplements cost if you don;t mind me asking.
Old 04-25-2001, 08:35 AM   #14  

I believe the Womens Health one was around 50.00.
I dont have the other one that they recommend and I dont remember how much it is but I think it is around the same.
Old 04-25-2001, 10:50 AM   #15  

Default hi

I was hoping the supplements would be cheaper if you ordered them with your tapes. I called
beach body and for both supplements it is around 75.00. I just can't decide if they are
worth it or not.

bev
Closed Thread