Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:46 PM   #91  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies, I always seem like I'm running behind ...I've a got a sick boy on my hands (fever/coughing/runny nose etc) who I've kept home from school today. I had to bring him to the office w/me for about an hour just to make sure the taxes were paid, etc. --Kristi, hope your's are feeling better. I got my regular walk in the past two days and plan to do it again tonight, just wanted to update my mileage. My walking's great but my eating's atrocious . I need to get back to routine and fast!!! Hope everyone is doing well--almost halfway through the month, let's keep on walking!

Jenifer or Jen, would you like to come over and clean my house?

May Goal Miles: 85
Miles walked Monday: 5/12/03: 3.5
Miles walked Yesterday: 5/13/03: 3.5
Miles walked today 5/14/03: none yet
Total walked to date: 43
Miles to Go: 42
Old 05-14-2003, 09:48 PM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Red face Hi Ladies!

For some reason I am very sleepy this early evening. I think it is the weather. It's been rainy and yucky since yesterday and is supposed to continue through Friday. YUCK! I only love the rain if I don't have to get out in it. Anyway, I managed to get 1/2 of my workout done this morning before work, finished it when I got home. Did 2.5 mile walk and 25 minute bike ride today. I will probably do the same in the morning since I don't have to be at work till 11. That way I won't have to worry about it the rest of the day. Getting that water down also.

Jenifer, have a safe and fun trip to and at your mommies house. I wish my mother was close enough to visit often. She's only about a 7 1/2 hour drive away but who can find the time? Not me, not right now anyway. I keep saying I am going to take a weekend but have yet to do it. Yes, I will taste some cake for you when ever I cut into it. Now it's turning into a joke. My kids are dying for cake and ice cream. WTG on your walk today. I have faith you will pass up the 38 miles you did last month. You are doing great.

Kristi, WTG on sticking with the exercise today. I can't tell you how many times I have done that and not wanted to do anything. Now I'm getting to where if I miss a day I feel guilty. The funny thing is when I started out I was only going to work out 3-5 days a week and it has turned into 5-7. I hope your baby(child #2) gets to feeling better.

Jen, WTG on your walk today also.

Okay ladies, I am going to cut this short. I was only going to spend an hour on the computer and it's turning into two. I need to finish my laundry and I want to read my magazine. Haven't had much time for reading lately. And I would love to turn in early.

Hi Kristen, Noelle, Janine, Caci, Lynne and anyone I may have missed. I hope you all had a GREAT day and tomorrow is just as good. Later...

May Goal~60 miles
5/14/03~2.5 miles
Total Miles 5/03~31.5
Miles to go~28.5
Old 05-15-2003, 01:16 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Wow it is good to hear from everyone. Noelle I hope you son feels better! Being sick isn't fun at all. I am really running late on posting b/c I was getting laundry done and all that good (bad) stuff. I managed to get my walk in after dinner. My dh went to a friends house this evening to show him his new motorcycle well they went to the base exchange and he came home with a talking pedometer (by Bally's fittness??) So I can't wait to try it our tomorrow. I do have to measure my steps though so I hope I like it. Well I am so tired and ready for bed! Keep up the walking!

Total Miles Today~ 2
Total May Miles~ 25
Goal~ Unknown????
Old 05-15-2003, 02:18 AM   #94  

Well thought I would check in one last time. I managed to get in a nother 2 miles tonight so that's 5 for today. I think I may just make this goal after all.

Jenifer: Don't you just hate laundry? Hope you enjoy your pedometer!!!!

Noelle: For a chance to travel to Hawaii again.....OF COURSE I'll clean your house!!! Just tell me when.

Talk to you all later. Have a great day!!!

May Goal: 60 miles
Total Walked Today: 5
Total Walked To Date: 34.6
To Go: 25.4
Old 05-15-2003, 08:53 AM   #95  

Well, I didn't get in any walking again yesterday or Tues. for that matter. I have been busy with school meetings, running kids to and from school, Dr appointments and getting a costume together for DS#1. They are having a civil war time dress up day tomorrow so I have to finish getting that all together today.
I also have a sore throat and a gland in my neck that is real sore and swollen.
I did fine an interesting site to help you keep track of your diet and excercise. http://www.calorieking.com/
They have a handheld version and I downloaded it to my palm. I can take it with me everywhere to keep track of everything I eat. Right now I am using the trial version but I really think I am going to buy the full version. You can hotsync between the site and your handheld or if you don't have a handheld you can just keep track at the site. Check it out.
Anyway, I don't know if I will get in my walking today on the treadmill but probably will while shopping. I have to buy a long sleave button front shirt and suspenders for Scott for tomorrow. Will also probably hit Subway for lunch cuz we will be out shopping at lunch time.
Have a GREAT day everyone.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:39 AM   #96  
Beauty is within...

HI guys!

I FINALLY made it on that long walk... although only around the local neighbourhood, haven't made it up to Darwin yet! hee hee I walked what we estimate to be about 6km, which is about 3.6 miles... I loved it. Had my walkman on, powered along and did it in 45 minutes!!!! The only problem with a walkman is when you forget that no one else can hear the music and you start singing out loud!

I can't believe how many days I went without exercising. Was really feeling it that's for sure! However, luckily, I haven't gained any weight and remain at 106 kilos. Would rather be losing, but considering what I consumed over the weekend!!!

I went and bought some new leggings and a top yesterday, as a way to get me motivated and give me something decent to wear when I go walking. These pants are really nice. They're 3/4 length, a dark blue/grey/purple colour with a band of pink and purple running down the outside of the leg. I FEEL energetic just wearing them! So there I was today, in my new leggings and sneakers and top, bottle of water in one hand and walkman in my pocket, feeling on top of the world as I powered along to some of my favourite music.... GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

Better get to bed, got a busy day tomorrow. I got given a gift voucher for Christmas for a Deluxe Pedicure and Manicure, which I'm finally getting tomorrow. I've also got lots of gardening to do - haven't been into the garden since last week, it's been raining. Guess I'd better use really good gloves so I don't ruin my nailpolish! hee hee

Nighty Night
Old 05-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Jen, Keep on walking. You are doing so great!

Noelle, I sincerely hope your little guy is feeling better. I appreciate your concern for my children also. Just one question, are you paying airfare?!? I'll clean your WHOLE house Keep those miles adding up.

Cristi, Thanks for asking, my daughter's feeling some better. She's missed 2 days of school. I told her she won't be able to go tomorrow either if she doesn't manage to eat a little something this evening. She has a field trip tomorrow so if she doesn't eat tonight I may feel it's necessary to rush her to medical atention WTG once again on your exercise. You are such an insperation.

Jenifer, Hope you like the pedometer.

Janine, You sound so busy. I hope you can hit a slower pace soon. It sounds like your taking such good care of everyone, but you. Don't get caught in the trap no matter how much you love them.

Lynne, You sound so happy and upbeat. I feel good just reading about your day. Good for you!

I had a very busy day, too busy to even go intoand my son and I still have a boy scout meeting. I did manage the 3 mile WATP
tape because I got up and did it right away today.

May GM 30 / MW 24.25 / MTG 5.75

Kristi
Old 05-15-2003, 10:12 PM   #98  
Pending Email Confirmation

i haven't posted here in forever it seems. just trying to stay on the good eating habits while trying new things. or at least mixing it up. tonight i had chicken sun dried tomatoes and wild rice. it was good. i liked it, anyway. and that's all that matters. i really should go through my cookbooks and find some actual recipes.

anyway, i've done at least a mile walk every day this week. today was a little over a mile. tomorrow, i am going out after work so i probably won't be able to get a walk in. unless i get a walk in during lunch... which could be feasible.

hope you all are doing fantastic! have a very nice friday!
Old 05-16-2003, 12:47 AM   #99  

Hi girls!!

Just a quick one again today. I was only able to get out 1.5 miles today on the treadmill, but I did another 3 miles on the bike. Finally figured out how to get the miles. Anyway, I'll probobly get in another 2 or 3 miles later tonight again. I'm hoping for more tomorrow, because Saturday is going to be a bad day for exercise. Unless I get up at 5 am and get my butt to the gym.

GO LYNNE!!!!!

Kristi: I have a Boy Scout too. Tiger Cub....he gets his Bobcat badge next week, and then on to Wolf Cub. Actually I'm looking forward to a break from all the meetings over the summer.

well that's about it for tonight, unless I get in some more mileage. Talk to you all later!!!

Total Walked Today: 1.5
Total Walked To Date: 36.1
To Go: 23.9
Old 05-16-2003, 10:01 AM   #100  
Beauty is within...

Hello friends!

I've just been to the drive in. The last one now still operating in Adelaide. Totally sucks that they've closed all the others down over the years - with all the cinema complexes opening up in all the suburban shopping malls, there's not the same demand as there used to be. The one we went to is about 20 minutes away heading north. Good fun. I've always enjoyed going, cos you can do anything you want and take goodies etc, instead of the fortune you spend at the cinema. A ticket at the cinema alone costs about $12 per person, whereas the drive in is $15 per car. Marc and I went on our own - got mum to babysit the kids. We went to see Matrix Reloaded, which we both hated... it just went on and on..... but being there was good fun. We borrowed dad's car (we had to sell ours, couldn't afford to keep it), and he has a volvo stationwagon. So we put the back seat down, blew up the airmattress, and camped in the back under the quilt!

I went and got my nails done. It was nice, got pampered for 2 hours and now I've got shiny nails! Didn't get to do the gardening, we're doing that tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't rain! But I did walk to the Beauty Salon and back, which was about 20 odd minutes, so I got some exercise today. Food has been pretty good, a few nibbles at the movies, but nothing disasterous.

I'm gonna get some shuteye, and look forward to a big day of gardening. Might go for my big walk again tomorrow. I think my legs have recovered from the last one....

Hope you all have a great weekend and all the kiddies get better... nothing worse than your little babies being sick!

Take care
Old 05-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #101  

Well hello, another slow start. I need to quit going back to bed after my son goes to school. My daughter is still sleeping so I catch an extra hour or so. I just have such a hard time sleeping at night, I feel like I need it. But then the day goes by way too fast, and I don't get everything done that I need to do. Watching Maury Povich right now, they are having one of those Paternity shows on. These and the reunion shows are my favorites. They just had a reallyt happy ending on the last segment.

Anyway, just thought I would check in with another 3 miles. Have to get ready to go pick up my son and go to the grocery store. Come back and this time really clean the basement and get the laundry done. Because I'm going to have even more this weekend.

Lynne: I LOVE the drive in but they have all been torn down here in Colorado. I think there might actaully be 2, but 1 I wouldn't go to at night, and the other is way too far away. They tore down the best one here for a Soundtrack store.

Total Walked Today: 3
Total Walked To Date: 39.1
To Go: 20.9
Old 05-16-2003, 06:45 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Kristen, Jen, and Lynne,Way to go on your exercising. You guys are rockin' and you Lynne, you and Marc sound like a couple teeny boppers. Glad you had some fun even if the movie was blah!

As for my day I went to the state capitol woth my 1st grader today and a children's museum. My kdg. still didn't feel well today and after we got to school she decided she wasn't up to going on her field trip. In came the grandma calvary and took her to her house. Needless to say I didn't enjoy the trip much. I felt guilty and concerned, but we're all home now and she's looking real good even eating. I think she made a smart choice. One nice point about today I tried a new grilled chicken cobb salad from McD's. 400 calories with the dressing,a whole chicken breast, bleu cheese. etc. Real tasty. It's about time they put something like this on their menu. It even filled me up and it was so tasty I didn't feel deprived. So no real exercise to report, but the sun is shining and I'm looking forward to a nice weekend. Have a great one all!

Kristi
Old 05-17-2003, 01:00 AM   #103  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies!

Thought I better get in here and post since I didn't yesterday. Today was a very busy day and I didn't get much done as far as exercise goes. I figured what the heck I have been doing so good I deserve to take a break. I didn't exercise today or yesterday, just didn't want to. I WILL be back to it tomorrow though. In the beginning my goal was to do it 3-5 days a week and I have been doing it 5-7 days so I think I have done okay.

Lynne, the drive in sounds like fun! I haven't been to one in a while. The last time we went it was hot and we couldn't roll the windows down in the car or sit outside because the mosquitoes were bad. It just ruined the whole evening. So we usually stick to the indoor theaters. Sounds like you had a nice day of being pampered. Isn't it nice to do things for yourself? It makes you feel special, or I should say more special because we are all special. Or it does me anyway. I am dying to get a haircut but then I keep thinking about my goal for locks of love. I hope I make it.

Kristi, sorry to hear you dd is still not feeling well. I hope she gets better soon. Sounds like you had a fun-filled day. I haven't tried the McD salads yet. My son did one day and they look good. He said it was a little better than Wendy's salad.

Jen, WTG on your walking. You are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work.

Okay, Jenifer hope you are having a great time at your moms, and watching those points. See ya when ya get back.

Hi Noelle, Kristen, Janine, Caci and anyone else I may have missed. Hope you all had a great day and if we don't hear from you over the weekend hope you have a great one! Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:29 AM   #104  
Beauty is within...

Good evening folks!

I have managed to get through the day without chocolate, specifically.... well, I had a low fat hot chocolate in the afternoon, cos I HAD to have something! And I had some icecream for dessert... but overall my day has been really good food-wise. Unfortunately I didn't get ANY exercise, or the gardening done, as it rained. I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to exercising in wet weather. I'm going to have to get out my exercise videos again...

Mind you, I did manage to do some more sorting. The games are now all together in a "games cupboard" and the entertainment cabinet is all tidy, and I finished sorting out our study desk, getting all my paperwork in order, and finding a good spot for my weight loss stuff.

Marc's watching the FA Cup, which is one of the BIGGEST soccer events of the year. I've grown up on soccer, as my parents are english, and I love the sound of all the fans chanting.

This is why I am typing this at 12.19am on Sunday morning....

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow. I've also got quite a bit of housecleaning to do, so if I can't get outside, there's plenty to keep me busy!!! We've been invited to a party tomorrow afternoon, and I still haven't decided whether I should drink or not. I tend not to, cos I have to drive and look after the kids, but Marc is suggesting he look after the kids and we get a taxi, so I can relax and enjoy a few. Problem is that we don't have a lot of money, and drinks are worth points that I don't necessarily have. I think in the end I'll just have a couple of wines and save us a lot of money! *sigh* It's all so complicated!!!

Jen, sometimes a daily nap is really good, when you've got a full load with kids and stuff. Obviously your body is telling you to slow down and look after yourself! Don't forget to keep up your water!

Kristi, sorry to hear your little one was sick, hope they're ok now. I've heard the McD's have had to add new healthy stuff to their menu cos they're losing lots of money and having to close stores because they're not selling as much as they used to. People are becoming so much more health conscious, and a Big Mac is not as popular as it used to be. So they've had to do some major alterations to their menu, which is great!!!

Cristi, yes it is really nice to be pampered. I don't think we do it often enough! Pity we can't afford to do what I'd really like, particularly get a massage regularly, to untie those knots in my shoulders! I think, considering your normal exercise routine, that you're allowed the odd day off!!!

Well, I'm gonna snuggle down under the quilt and read my book for a while.. catcha tomorra!

Old 05-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #105  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking

i am BEAMING!!! and why am i beaming?

because somehow... some way... i managed to lose... 3.4 pounds! this came as total and complete shock to me. i thought that i may have lost one... or possibly 2. but 3.4? geesh... i guess the walking is paying off!

i don't mean to pat myself on the back about it, but i really just can't help it! i was nearly crying at weigh in.

now that that's said, i need to try and get a decent walk in. i have a wedding to go to this evening. an asian wedding. i've never been to one, but i heard there's like 7 courses or something. i'm not a big fan of fish... so i probably won't be doing that... but i guess i'll just do bits and pieces of everything else. and eating a salad before i go!

anyway... happy weekend ladies! i am really glad that you're all here... it makes walking a lot more fun.

take care.
Closed Thread