Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 12:42 PM   #46  

Hi CD
I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I have been luck so far I have not got a cold or the flu this year. My kids have had a cold for 3 weeks now I can't wait till it is over.I took them to the Dr. yesterday and he said thatit was only a cold and it could take 6 weeks to get over.I don't like that idea. We all got the flu shot this year so I hope that we won't get very sick this year only colds.
I have been getting my workouts in but the mornings these days I am so tired that it is hard to get out of bed. But I need to get it done in the morning before my kids get up.
I may be going out for drinks on Thursday night I theink I will have what you drink. I usually drink parilizers or pinacolata(sorry on the spellings). Thay are very hight in cals. and fat.Yours sounds good I like amorido with Hot Chocolate when we go camping.
Better go I am going to get Kalie from playschool.
Tanya
Old 11-13-2002, 04:50 PM   #47  

Hey there Tanya. I think Kalie is such a cute name! My friend Sara has a girl named Kaylie.
I finally went back to the gym. I did really well...a total of 70 minutes. 20 mins on the bike, 35mins on the elliptical and then I did 15 mins on the treadmill walking and jogging. I am pretty proud. I didn't eat very well at all this week and today I've been back on track. Especially after all the exercise I did this morning, I don't want to ruin it. There's still hope for me at the scale on Saturday!

I'm still not feeling quite well. It would really suck to have kids who are sick and you can't do anything for them. I wish I could have taken the whole week off of work! Ha ha! But I have Thurs/Fri off next week for a concert that I'm going to.

I plan to keep up with the 70 min cardio stuff at least Monday-Friday and give myself the weekends off. Next week, I start working at 7am instead of 2.30pm...now I can take my time and work out in the evenings. I do better after I've been awake during the day anyway.

As you said, it's hard enough to wake up anyway! Now I have no choice but to wake up in the morning. I'm so used to hitting snooze. Arrgh. I have to learn to go to bed!

Have a great day!

CD
Old 11-14-2002, 10:55 AM   #48  

Hi CD
Great to here that you made it back to the gym. 70 minutes that is a long time to workout. Didn't burn yourself out on me. I usually do 1 hour and that is enough for me. on the weekend I will do a 1/2 hour workout.
You are jogging great for you. How fast are you going?
I know that you can keep up the good work and have it pay off on Saturday.
I don't think that I am going out tonight. They are going to have a party next week and more on my friends will be able to make it to that one.
My daughters name is spelled Kalie but we say it callie. The name is a name of a goddess of chaos and distructon( of evil) and she live up the that name.
Well I better get going and start my day off.
Tanya
Old 11-14-2002, 08:28 PM   #49  

Hey there Tanya!

That's cute about Kalie LOL goddes of chaos and destruction! Ha ha!
I went to the gym again, this time I did 65 minutes. It is so much easier when I break it up: 15mins bicycle, 35 mins elliptical, 15 mins treadmill. That makes it sound easy and it is easier than trying to do 45-60 minutes on just one piece of equipment!

I did not jog at all on the treadmill today, but when I do, I don't go very fast. Normally I don't have it higher than 4.5. I have short legs and small strides too, so I don't think it's too bad. The important thing is that it works up a sweat!

At least since you did not go out today you saved some calories. I'm doing really badly at eating! I had two slices of pizza today for dinner and I'm having fruit in a minute. I love mandarin oranges. I hope the exercise is making up for my disgusting eating habits! It's funny because I ate the pizza an hour ago and now thinking about it makes me feel sick. I'm still not over my sickness but in a couple days I should be all better!

Last night I ate nachos from Taco Bell and then I did my 3-mile walk video because I felt guilty. That was a lot of exercise total for yesterday! Gosh. Depending on how I feel tonite, I may do half the video workout. I was so sore waking up this morning! The health benefits will be all worth it.

There is a place called Smoothie King nearby that my brother took me and they have all kinds of healthy smoothies, most under 2g of fat for 20 oz. I had one for lunch but I should have realized that would not hold me alone, so I had the pizza at work! Arrgh!

Have a great day!

CD
Old 11-15-2002, 10:47 AM   #50  

Hi CD
I would have to agree about mixing up the workout on diffent machines. That is why I change my tapes daily.
Sorry to here that you are having problems with you food I know what that is like. Tomorrow my grandparents are coming over for supper and we are going to have pizza. That is a big weekness for me to. But then we don't eat it very often.
We will find that you working out will help you in your weight in. My problem is that I have been workoing out for so long that it is not enough for me any more I must watch my eating.
Better get going with my day. So nice to hear from you so many days. I sure like to read your e-mails in that morning. It makes my day.
Tanya
Old 11-21-2002, 10:44 AM   #51  

Hi CD were are you. Sure do miss hearing from you. Well things have been OK here. I have been keeping up with my workouts.I am sure that you have been to.I have that you are feeling OK still.
Tanya
Old 11-25-2002, 01:12 PM   #52  

Hi Tanya! I'm here! I wrote a big long reply to you this weekend but silly me...I didn't read the warning post saying that everything would be deleted! But I'm here and doing well. My eating habits are terrible...but my exercising is great. I did 60 minutes of cardio for five days this week, then 30 minutes one day when I was running late.

If only I could get both together! I'd be doing much better! But I'm still losing in small amounts and that better than nothing.

I'm glad you're still well! Now I just have to make it through US Thanksgiving!

CD
Old 11-25-2002, 06:12 PM   #53  

Hi CD I am so glad to see you back.I know the feeling on eating bad. I had a rough weekend we had something plained everyday. Everyweekend till the 21st of DEc. we are buisy. I am hoping that I don't gain any weight. I will be happy if I loss some over the next month.
Sorry to hear your luck about the week end. I checked it out and thought that5 I wouldn't post at all.
Have to run I need to get supper ready.And I did get my workouts in I took yesterday off.
Tanya
Old 11-28-2002, 01:06 PM   #54  

Hey there! All I can say is make good decisions and know when to say when! As we speak, I'm chowing down on Oreo Pie at work! Darn potlucks! It sure is good...and I still have to go to my dad's house for Thanksgiving dinner! Arrgh! Oh well. I've gone to the gym all this week. Every day!

Have a great weekend! I'll give you the update this weekend!

CD
Old 11-30-2002, 04:02 PM   #55  

Hi Cd I hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving.I know what you mean with pot luck they are the hardest.
Still working out regulary.I am glad you are too Better go
Tanya
Old 12-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #56  

Hi there! I did have an okay turkey day. I went to Chicago on Friday so I didn't go to my weigh in on Saturday....so I'm not sure HOW I'm doing until this Saturday. I'm nervous. Still haven't been following WW but I've still been exercising at least 60 mins a day/6 days a week. That should count for something!

On Monday, I HAVE to start following WW again. My significant other should be back from the Middle East a week from Sunday and if I'm not on trackwhen he gets back, it will be easier for me to fall off the wagon!

Hope you're doing well, Tanya!

CD
Old 12-06-2002, 11:17 AM   #57  

Thinks are going well here. I have been doing more cardio lately and I am down 4 pounds this week I am so happy.
It is my hubby Xmas party tonight and I can't wait to go. We have a buisy weekend.Party tonight, Birthday party tomowor, pancake breakfast sunday and supper with friends.
I sure hope tha I don't put the pounds back on.
tanya
Old 12-09-2002, 08:29 AM   #58  

Hi, Tanya!

Yay for you! The cardio really helps! Many people at my weight watchers meeting are saying they are just trying to maintain this month...don't worry, as long as you keep up with the cardio, you'll definitely maintain and/or lose this week!

I love those holiday cookies! Arrgh! I will try to lose though..by Jan 4, I'd like to be at 210...that means six pounds to lose and I'll be at my 10% lost mark.

So how did everything go this weekend? I did some shopping and holiday decorating. My fiancee is back from Uzbekistan on Sunday! The three months went by SO quickly!

CD
Old 12-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #59  

Everything went well on the weekend but I way over ate. I was up 3 pounds on MOnday But it is coming back off.
Everything that I have plained for the month is all most over. Kalie's palyschool party left till Christmas. I can't wait till it is over that not much time till christmas
I have got all of my shopping done and on;y 2 present to wrap I and so happy about that one.
I better gett going big day again. I have been keeping up with my workouts.
Iam happy to see that you are down in your weight good for you and I know tha you will be at your 10% goal in no time.
Tanya
Old 12-12-2002, 08:30 AM   #60  

Default Hello.

Hi, Tanya! Yeah, don't worry - December is a really hard month in general! At least this New Year both of us can feel good about ourselves. We don't have to make a resolution about losing weight and getting in shape because we already have started!

Today is my birthday. I was pretty miserable last year so I feel good this year. I'm 24 haha! A gal at work is making me my fav cake - yellow cake with chocolate frosting! Mmm!I'm going to eat it up and feel good about it!

But I just need to lose 2.4 pounds this week to get to 20 pounds lost. My fiancee gets home on Sunday. I hope he notices. My legs are getting much more toned and I wore a short skirt and black tights today! Yay! I feel really good.

You should too! Enjoying food is a part of life, so we shouldn't deny ourselves of it...just keep up with our exercise and burn more calories if we overdo it!

CD
Closed Thread