Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 10:40 AM   #31  

Hi cd
I know how you feel with the weight loss situtation I have been there before. It took a long time to get away nfrom the platue.
I had a bad weekend for eating and back on track. My eating is my problem not my workouts. Iguess that is a good thing I look at it as I my be over weight but I am health. Keep with the positive out look and you will feel better soon. You can do it I know you can. You have got a great start.
Well I got my workout in this morning, the new tapes are mot that bad.
Talk to you later
Tanya
Old 10-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #32  

Hey there. Today was one of those days. I was busy running around before work and didn't get to the gym, so I will do my videotape tonite and head to the gym in the morning. Arrgh. It wasn't a good day. I had two birthday parties and a dinner out last night. I went to see Miss Saigon and went to a steakhouse for dinner. I was okay last night for dinner and counted everything I ate, but I didn't exercise. I don't think it will be a very good week - I just hope to maintain my weight for this weigh in and start anew next week. I need a new book to journal in also for my points.

Arrgh. It's been a couple weeks since i've lost but I've only gained .4 pounds since I started...that's not even half a pound so we'll see how it goes.

I'm glad you've been getting your exercise in!

CD
Old 10-25-2002, 11:08 AM   #33  

Hi cd Iam flad to see you back. If you keep trying you will find that everything will work out just fine. You are still working very hard and you will see resalts soon. I know you will.
Happy to say I got my workout in this morning and feeling great . I didn't know if you tried this idea that I read that everytime that you workout that you put a dollar in a jar and at the end of the month you do something special for yourself. I know that it seem like the workout out come easy to me but I have been doing them for a long time and I know how good I feel after doing them. Keep trying and you will get there soon.
Tanya
Old 10-25-2002, 07:15 PM   #34  

Tanya,

That's a really cool idea! The thing is, I don't know what a "treat" would be for me. I'm young and single and get myself what I want...but it's still a good idea...hmm...what can I do with that money...heh heh..maybe I'll just say it's for a new pair of running shoes. I told myself when I get down to one-der-land I will buy myself new exercise shoes. Mine are old and wearing, but I tell myself I haven't exercised enough in them even though they are three years old. So I'm looking to totally wear them out.

Great idea. I exercised today. I actually weighed myself just to see...I haven't weighed on my own in a month! But I wanted to know if I would be disappointed at weigh in tomorrow. It was two pounds over my last weigh in! So, I'll see.

I'm glad that you are doing well.

CD
Old 10-26-2002, 10:35 AM   #35  

cd
Great idea about using the money fornew shoes I should do that as well.I am in need of new shoe as well.
We got a skiff of snow last night. All the other snow has melted so it looks nice out side.
Great new that you lost 2 more pounds. Keep up the great work. I know you can do it.
Gto a short wokout in this morning I am hoping to gret another short one in this afternoon. But my sister inlaw is coming today. She is gotting to take my brother in-law back to Calgary(yah).
Check out out later
Tanya
Old 10-27-2002, 10:13 PM   #36  

Hi Tanya. LOL in my last post, actually, I meant that my weight was two pounds higher than my last weigh in! I exercised twice on Friday and ate lightly and I had a very good weigh in, 3.6 pounds lost! That really, really surprised me since I only journaled once this past week. That gave me lots of hope that even though I did not write down what I was eating, I must have been moderate in what I did eat. Good for me!

I'm glad you're still around, Tanya! I think no matter what, a short workout or long, any workout is good, even if it's ten minutes. I sometimes think of quantity in terms of minutes...I used to do 50 or so minutes on the elliptical my first week or two...now I'm keeping it around 35...I'd rather do that and look forward to a good workout than dread going in for 50 minutes each day. And if I feel like it, I can do my workout video at night when I get home from work.

I had a sandwich for lunch today and saved points for a big dinner...and yes, it was big! I ate two grilled pork chops, lots of veggies. a sweet potato and some bread. I finished 45 minutes ago and I'm still so full! But I didn't stuff myself and I didn't go over my points eating it. I like to have a hearty dinner sometimes on Sundays for a nice meal

Anyway, I'm blabbing. I'm going to write a letter to my fiancee overseas and get my exercise in and call it a night. ARrgh...another week is about to begin...

it's funny though because I spend all week looking forward to my weigh in on Saturday!

CD
Old 10-28-2002, 10:54 AM   #37  

Hi cd love that work that you have been doing and great job on the 3.5 pounds weight loss.Keep up the great work.
well got my workout in this morning and feel great the only problem is the kids are up too early this morning with the time change. So I can't stay too long.
Have a big morning this morning I am taking the kids to a halloween party. The foo d I am going to have to be very careful not to over eat.
Better get my kids dressed to go.
Love to keep in contact with you please don't go anywher on me .
Tanya
p.s. keep up the great work
Old 11-01-2002, 03:38 PM   #38  

CD were are you? I sure miss hearing from you. Please come back.
Well I got my workout in the last couple of days and I am glad thatI did because of Halloween a big weak ness of mine.
Tanya
Old 11-01-2002, 06:19 PM   #39  

Yikes! It has been a while hasn't it?
Sorry about that!
I went to the gym every day this week...then again, I've been eating like crazy! For some reason, I've been craving protein, like BEEF which isn't totally normal for me.

I hope all the exercise will even out all the food I've been eating. Darn Halloween potluck!

Arrgh....I haven't had a totall bad weigh in yet...I've only gained .4 once and have never gained otherwise. Hope this won't be the week that it happens!

I'm glad you got your workouts in too, Tanya. I mean, last week I ate crazy too but I did exercise and it turned out okay. All this darn Halloween candy around too!

If I do gain, it will at least make me learn from my ways! Next week, I'm going to try to cook most days again. I did not cook ONCE this week...I've been eating Subway or Wendy's chili and baked potatoes, stuff like that!

Have a great weekend!

CD
Old 11-03-2002, 11:11 PM   #40  

Hi CD
It have been a crazy weekend for me. Went out Friday night and had a couple of drinks and Saturday My sister in-law came we all went to a buffet for supper(ugh). and Sunday we had friends ofver for supper(ugh) Talk about yuor bad eating everything tasted so good. Although I did get my work outs in. Even on Saturday I surpised my husband he though I would sleep in.
Better go it is late and I need to get some sleep.
Tanya
Old 11-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #41  

Hey Tanya! Yay for you for getting in the workouts! And you know, I'm sure you didn't do as badly as you thought at the buffet. I love buffets, but it is easy to go in the wrong direction! My future mother in law go every week...we're both on WW so it's not too bad. The thing is, if you really want something, have it. Normally your brain sees it and just wants a taste, so if there is something 'bad' that I want, I just take a small bite of it. But I pile on the veggies and drink a lot of tea or water.

I had a gain at weigh in this week. I gained .6...not very bad. I notice that my pattern is that I have good losses every other week. So, next week will be my good week!

You know, I didn't bring lunch on Friday so I went to McDonalds..I had a McSalad shaker with their great fat free vinaigrette dressing and they now have small size fruit n' yogurt parfaits. The big parfaits are kind of big but these are the small, perfect size and they are $1. Without the granola, they are a great lowfat treat. Granola is good for you, but it adds more fat, so whichever you prefer.

I had a couple drinks with a friend this weekend as well. What do you have to drink when you go out? I'm trying to think of things without so many calories like that crazy tropical mixed fruity thing I had. But normally I have something like diet coke and amaretto. Mmm. I should not be drinking while on these PCOS meds though.

Oh well, went to the gym last night and took a long, hot shower and sat in my beloved steam room. Love that! Tomorrow and Wednesday I work first shift and I may not have a chance to post but I will hopefully be going to the gym both nights and sitting in the steam room again. I love that. I only do that at night though when it's not busy.

Have a good couple of days if I don't get a chance to get on! I hope you keep up the exercise. 10 minutes is better than nothing!

CD
Old 11-05-2002, 10:56 AM   #42  

Hi CD Great to hear from you.
Well I got my work outin this morning and feel not to bad. I know those buffets are bad for me. I guess its that all that youcan eat that makes it bad for me. My parents always say eat everything off your plate and I always have everything on the buffet and I feel that I need to eat it all.
Sorry to hear that you are on shift work again. Sounds like you have your workout outs in order. That is great you still keep them up.
McD's you need to be carefull with their salads I was eating their manderine salad and I read that it has 19gr. of fat in it. I stop eating that and now eating their grilled chichen with wwbun.
Better go. check you later.
Tanya
Old 11-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #43  

Default It's been a few days!

Hi, Tanya! I hope you're still around. I'm sorry for not posting more often. I've been so sick and out of it! I think I'm going to call in to work tomorrow. I haven't had my own voice since Thursday. I exercised anyway on Thursday and Friday and I don't think it was a great idea because I stayed sick all weekend. I'm taking it easy now and will do some light walking tomorrow if I feel up to it.

My weigh in was better, I lost .8, what I gained last week plus some. Sometimes when people get sick, they don't eat. I just get really picky but I still eat! The wrong things!

Are the McD's different in Canada? We don't have a mandarin salad...just the chicken caesar, garden and chef. Maybe it's something new that is coming out? Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I wonder why the salad is so high in fat? Could it be the dressing? I always choose herb vinaigrette because it's just one point for WW. I know Wendy's has these new salads but I'm afraid to try them for the same reason why you've quit getting the salad at McD's!

Let me know how you're doing!

Naomi
Old 11-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #44  

Hi Cd
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope that you get over that soon. I hate beening sick too.
Well still been able to get my workouts in daily. Feeling great about that I just need to watch my eating better still.
I never thought that there would be that much of a difference with McD's food. I think the high fat comes from the trail mix that you put on. and I love that trail mix that they give you it has cashews in it.
Better go everyone is up now.
Tanya
Old 11-12-2002, 07:56 PM   #45  

Hi, Tanya.

I think it's better to be good at your exercising and not so good at your eating. It's much better than just saying to forget it all you know? It's so easy to give up and I think you're doing very well. No matter what, you're burning calories so the eating isn't nearly as bad as you think...not as bad as if you were not exercising at all.

My eating has been absolutely terrible. Since I'm sick, I'm giving myself "permission" to eat like a crazy woman. Not much sounds good to me and the thought of many foods make me sick. I'm starting to feel better so tomorrow and the rest of the week, no excuses! I'm back to my program.

Talk to you later!

CD
Closed Thread