Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Everybody. Hope everyone has a good Friday and weekend. Praying for those facing tough times right now.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #137  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi All I have been god today I promise I have only eaten on plan I am thinking of lunch now have to take the girls to their therapy appointment so Need to get a jump on that now.

I have spent the morning on The american Diabetes association web site looking up some use full information I must get back on track I was looking on my face book page where I was 3 pounds from being 250 I need to get back their and pass that too.

I am in need of some butt kicking and some positive thoughts I wish I had some one here close by to work out with maybe I wouldn't be so quick to drop it. Well I better be going I have some lunch to fix before we leave.

Hoping everyone has a positive weekend!!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #138  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Bonnie: happy to kick your butt, I need it too.
Had a stressful day, trying to testify at a hearing, but most of my testimony has been disallowed, so in the end I spoke about 10 sentences and that was it. Very frustrating, and a damning comment on the "justice" system.
I read 2 books in the time it took to argue motions about my testimony. SPent time meditating. Because of the timing etc. haven't been able to get to yoga here in Toronto, but did have that long walk last evening. At least I get to go out for supper with DD in a while. Have stuck to plan, and drank Gallons of water today too. Have about another hour to kill before meeting with DD.
So, shopping/walking I guess.
Best wishes and TGIF
Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #139  

A quick flyby for now. My beautician who has been out for 8 mos sick is back today. I look forward to seeing her. Have to run out, but wanted to check in really quick.

BBL
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #140  
Madeleine

fbs 5.4 today, weight the same, (well actually down a quarter pound, but lets see how the next few days go). Came across an interesting book yesterday, may go to chapters and get it, and try an experiment. The diet is lower carb with beans and lentils as the main "filling" carbs, so not as high fat as atkins.
Also, very specific but short exercise program. Looks reasonable, as in not dangerous, and may be a good thing to try.
will be walking the dog today for exercise. OK everyone, choose your plan and get out and MOVE
Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #141  

Today we start bringing up outdoor Halloween supplies
When the kids were home we used to do the whole yard plus the neighbor's with big displays.
Now we do a haunted fairyland with a house, graveyard, spooky trees and lots of little skeletons. Spiderwebs everywhere.
bs this morning at 84 where dr. wants it. One thing with the higher morning numbers is I am not up at 2am starving like I was before.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #142  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! Weight is still 187 and FBGL is running 5 to 6 for some reason. Off to the doc on Thursday to get bloodwork results and am not optimistic. I suspect stress may have something to do with the high morning readings.

Just back from judging (and tasting) a chili making competition. Good thing is I have now completely lost my appetite and will have no trouble making up the two loaves of sandwiches I promised for tonight's Halloween Dance at the Fair Hall. I am going to just do them, take them over to the hall fridge and then come home to volunteer for ME! I think I am close to volunteer burn-out after the past few weeks.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #143  

Well, I was on FB and read a post DSIL wrote to someone who asked if he was back in FL to stay. He said he was there to visit his son and would be coming back up here Sunday, but that he would be back for good when school is done. So we assume this means that they are moving back down there when DH DD is through with her LPN school. I read it to DH and he said, "Good, let them move but we are not giving them any more money." He said we have given them enough. He was completely different after he learned they were moving back down there. We are hoping they will move back as soon as she graduates. DH says she can go down there and work and do her online RN there. He hasn't been real loving with me for a while, but he actually hugged me and kissed me good night. So there may be a light at the end of the tunnel after all. I do think it would be nice for them to tell us instead of me learning it on FB.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #144  
Come on Spring!

Pattygirl, sure hope that works out and you and your DH get a break. I am afraid I would speak directly to your "DSIL" because having to find out on FB is dirty pool, IMHO. Maybe DH can ask him what his plans are. It seems pretty unfair to leave you in limbo.

Well, I'm pretty sure my elevated FBGL readings have been from stress as I was back to 4.1 this morning. Of course I also slept from 9 PM until 7 AM without even a potty break. My other theory about the higher FBGL is that the Dawn Syndrome may have been the culprit as I have been eating fairly lo-carb. Yesterday I had to sample 21 different chilis at the competition - some of it was terrible! - and I'm sure I really overdid the carbs for the day. (One entry was made with bear meat, Irish whiskey, maple syrup and chocolate - definitely the winner for Most Unusual!)

A fairly quiet day ahead with a noon meeting where they are serving BBQ chicken which will be good for low-carbing if I avoid the usual macaroni, potato and Jello salads and sugar-laden cole slaw that always appear at these events. (I've lived here full-time since 1998 and the food has not changed a bit!)

Not sure who is in the path of wicked Sandy but do know we will be affected later in the week. Stay safe if need be.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #145  
Madeleine

fbs 5.4 today, and weight steady. Had a lovely trail walk with the dog yesterday, and will plan it again today. Nothing planned, just a quiet day, we will just clean the house and do the groceries for the week. Hope everyone has a lovely SUnday, and Ruth, beware the coleslaw, one of my great weaknesses.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #146  
Come on Spring!

Mad, no problem re the darned cole slaw. It is one of those recipes they make days ahead and is loaded with sugar. I really can't stand it. No wonder there is an obesity problem around here! Your trail walk sounds good. Unfortunately my woods are not safe this time of year - it's posted but some hunters are still trespassing.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #147  

Ruthie Glad you had a good nights sleep.

Actually DH and I talked about saying something to DD & DSIL about learning this on FB, but decided that if we say nothing, they will continue to write things and I will read it. If we say something, he might stop writing and we won't know anything. It just tells us a lot about him and her. I really think the good thing that is coming out of this is that DH sees what is going on and he knows he can't continue to help her. Besides, we are running out of money to help her. I'm just sorry DH has to learn how they really are. I know that has to be diffiult for him.

Mad, Bonnie, Froggy, Rie and everyone Hi!

Have a nice Sunday afternoon.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #148  
Come on Spring!

Survived the lunch and meeting. Took the beef (they changed the menu) and some of the overcooked frozen green beans and added a whole wheat roll to fill the plate. My apple crisp with ice cream looked good but one of the husky farmer guys was glad to eat it for me.

Patty, I guess DH is getting a reality check. I'm hoping the situation resolves itself soon - you do not need the extra aggravation.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #149  
Madeleine

hope everyone is warm and dry, we haven't been affected by the "frankenstorm" yet except some more rain and cool weather.
Weight the same and bs 5.2 this am.
Trish, my parents saw a big difference in terms of help and care when they were so ill a couple of years ago. My sister helped some, but about a 10th of what I did. This after years of hardly seeing them, only occasional calls, was an improvement, but still not much.
HOwever, my Dad sat me down and explained that he knew what was up, and that he loved and appreciated me, but that parents love their kids no matter what and he still loved my sister, and that the will would split things evenly. The upshot is that i know how it is, but that I won't be upset when he passes away and the will doesn't reflect our contributions to their care. I just do what I do because I love him and will always do it.
SO maybe if DH has a frank talk with his DD before they leave about that it will go a ways to helping the chip on her shoulder.
well, off to work.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends!

Internet trouble again but I think they have finally fixed it as they put a new dish up on my roof. I live in the country so it comes through this satelight thing. This weekend was taken up with the race and I had so much fun! It was the most exhilarating 5k that I have ever done. We laughed and danced our way through the whole thing and celebrated before and after.

Here are some pictures: 1) team picture before the race - nice and clean I am the short one in the back with the skinny braids 2) me going through a paint station 3) The "colorful girls" mid way through and 4) the pink cloud at the finish line. We all looked a little chunky because it was 37 degrees at race time so we were wearing layers under our white clothes

Of course, I spent yesterday in a fog of pain pills and ice packs but it was so worth it. Today I feel better and I am ready to get back on track. I am so disappointed with my weight. Bs control is simply not enough.

Mad, it sounds like you are doing well. Good for you. I am sorry about the court stuff. It sounds like your justice system has the same flaws as ours.

Trish, sorry that your dh is getting aware in that manner. It is really tricky to be with kids in those circumstances. I find that, even though they don't intend to take advantage, my grown kids easily think that I have unlimited resources....

Bonnie, I will be your long distance workout partner, if you want. Let's challenge each other to at least do 30 minutes of hard workout per day (if I get in 30 minutes, I will get in more than that...) Report in every day.... Are you in?

Froggy, that is a good bs level in the morning. I feel bad that your levels affect your hunger so strongly. That must be hard. My bs levels volleying around sometimes let me feel shaky or light headed but never hungry.

Ruth, sometimes we can give to others too much and not take care of ourselves. Take care of you, dear.

Well, off to face the day.... Have a great Monday!

Rie
Closed Thread