Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default March Chat

Hey everyone I hope to hear from some that haven't been here for a while, I feel a little worried about you if we haven't heard from you!

Nothing too new here, but still doing good 'cept I got the credit card bill from our January Arizona jaunt Play now, pay later!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #2  

We're about to go to Ireland for 10 days. I've already paid for what I could in advance, but I'm anxious to see how we do spending-wise on daily things like food and toothpaste. (We're backpacking so we will have to buy some liquid/sharp items at a convenience store when we get there; stupid airline restrictions.) I am hoping my dollar estimates turn out to be much bigger than my stomach (har har) but I know that despite sticking to a diet travel can make you extra hungry, and Ireland isn't known for its health food. I am hoping for no "surprises" when I get home from the trip--either in my credit card statement or on the scale!
QueenofThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #3  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm here Vermont. I've been very busy the last couple of days at work and I'm glad it's Friday. My dogs are Japanese Chins. The vet said today that her eye looks good, just still a little red at times. They said there is still no sign of any scratches.

I ate more today than I have been. My managers took us to lunch today for having such a good selling year last year. I had filet mignon. I've been dying for a steak and of course had salad, potatoe, bread, and appetizers. I got a dessert to go too. The truely bad part is that I had fast food for dinner. I hope all of that crap doesn't create some crazy cravings.

I agree, I'm a little worried about some of our old regulars, especially Momof4 and Buddly...
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #4  
Starting Again

I was off today and wasted most all of it. I got up at about 10am and by 2pm I was back in bed and didn't get up till about 7pm. I hate when I sleep my entire day away. I used to love to sleep late but it seems like when I do it makes me so sluggish that I can't do anything. What's up with that? I only get one day a week off and I feel cheated. Tomorrow I work my part time job from 11-8. That ruins the whole day. There's no time to do anything before or after that shift.

Ok, whine over.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

Hey Nyxwriter, have a fantastic time in Ireland!!

hope, yum filet mignon!! I'm glad you took advantage of it sorry you were unhappy with the sleep-filled day..sometimes it feels good, sometimes not at all. I just googled Japanese Chins...so cute!!! black and white or brown and white? I'm glad the vet said her eye(s) are looking good.

I binged on chocolate the other night, one of those little packs of Cadbury eggs then 4 ounces of awesome dark chocolate..cause I was upset about my car..tie rod or ball joint or something 'went' when I was going 45 mph and it dragged me to the right, glad it wasnt' the other way! had it towed, but it was Friday night and the garage is closed all weekend so they haven't even looked at it yet..a pain to work around me being car-less and fretting about the cost.

It's always something, isn't it
Old 03-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #6  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Good morning all!

NyxWriter, your trip to Ireland sounds like a TON of fun.

hope4me, I understand COMPLETELY how you feel. Don't get me wrong, I love the bed and all, but I hate when I spend gorgeous days inside, in the bed, sleeping the day away, because I'm depressed about something. Or just plain tired. And 11 - 8 is not a great shift, it's too late in the day to be early, but too early in the day to be late.

Vermontmom, dark chocolate -- mmmmm. All you can do is dust yourself off and get back on plan. I hate car repairs though, I always feel like they're trying to get over on me because I'm a woman. Not to mention not having transportation. Ugh.

Where is everyone else? I hope they are okay too.

Me - I have had a wonderful weekend. So far Calorie Counting has been really kind to me. I know at some point it's going to get more difficult, but I'll take the easy victories when I can get them.

Had my yearly physical this morning - fingers crossed for good blood work! My blood work has been good since I've been on South Beach, so I'm not really worried about it too much.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 03-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
I was off today and wasted most all of it. I got up at about 10am and by 2pm I was back in bed and didn't get up till about 7pm. I hate when I sleep my entire day away. I used to love to sleep late but it seems like when I do it makes me so sluggish that I can't do anything. What's up with that? I only get one day a week off and I feel cheated. Tomorrow I work my part time job from 11-8. That ruins the whole day. There's no time to do anything before or after that shift.

Ok, whine over.
I feel you, hope4me. I at least get 2 weekend days off (temporarily) but I end up sleeping 12-14 hours each night so i only get like 10 hours each day to have fun. The cure for the sluggishness is to do some hard exercise as soon after you get up as possible. It's tough to make myself do it, but it gets the blood moving. A lot of the morning sluggishness comes from low blood pressure, which you get from sleeping a lot. Also, eat a hearty breakfast (or lunch if you get up too late) and make sure it's got more energy-foods than dinner. Eat a smaller dinner and choose foods that are better for relaxing--re: vegetables, turkey, soups, panini, tea, wine with a 1-oz bit of very stanky cheese and/or chocolate.

I'm not saying it isn't hard when you're depressed--back when I was unemployed I spent entire workouts either openly crying or fighting back tears. But by the time I hit the showers afterward, then laid down on the bench in the sauna, I felt comforted.

What are your hobbies? What do you like to do on the weekend?
QueenofThorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #8  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Peeps!

A little less than perky this morning...sorry about that! There is just so much going on in my head right now. This week is a very pivotal week for our family. You know those moments when your life comes to a fork in the road and you don't quite know which way you are going to go? Yeah...that is us right now. I don't really want to go into it in details but Thursday is going to be a very big day...one of those days where you figure out if you have time to prepare for something big and you just might make it or you are going to be slammed into a situation that will just throw you in and you have to figure out how to survive on the fly. So, we will have to see. As far as everything else. Last week was sucky for exercise and the last few days have been sucky food wise as well. I have been craving and eating and craving some more. I think it is just because there is such small movement on the scale that it is hard to stay focused. Definitely some work to be done there. I know I need to re-frame and just look at the process instead of holding onto my attachment to the outcome. That is what I have to do...now I just have to do it.! I have finally caught up on my schoolwork! Yay! I am struggling with getting myself to yoga class...not quite sure why...well except for Kundalini anyway...I am feeling like it is cutting into time that I need for other things and I am not sure where that is coming from. (Scratching head...) I finally got my hair touched up so that I feel more confident when I finally get a job interview...that hasn't been going that well...geesh...I just need something part time! How hard must it be for people who NEED full time with benefits?

Oh...and...I don't know how many of you guys have read the Hunger Games Trilogy out there but wow...I loved the first two and then the last one completeley bummed me out...bad...I had lots of plot issues with the book and I was left...well...depressed is the only way to describe it...my DD felt the same and from a lot of the customer reviews that I have read I am not alone...

Today is a new day! It has a good start...I am going to Body Pump today as well as cardio...I hope you all are doing well!!!

Love ya!!

~Raven~
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #9  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Good morning all!

Hoping to have a better day today. Yesterday didn't end so well.

NyxWriter, good advice on dealing with depression.

Ravengirl, good luck with your big decision coming up Thursday. And there's nothing like reading a book (or watching a movie) which leaves me depressed. Good to know I'm not the only person that happens to. For example, when I watched Avatar, for some reason I thought it was going to be a feel good kinda movie. I left the movie theater sad and depressed!

So my day yesterday - I got my bloodwork back, and my fasting blood sugar was a little high, it was 104. I don't understand how I'm losing weight but my blood sugar is the highest it's been in years! I really do think I ate too late the night before. The next time I have fasting blood work I am going to eat very early the night before.

So between that and a conversation I had with a guy friend, I ended up in a very depressed, funky mood last night - thinking about how no guy ever wants me, how I think I'm going to be alone forever, and how I feel like I failed even though I'm really trying to be healthy.

I give myself credit though, instead of moping in the house, I got up and took my behind to SET class and took out all of my frustrations on the step (and my body).

Here's to a better day today.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

GEM - sorry that you were less than happy with the blood work results..yes, maybe the timing of your last meal skewed the results. And sorry that you were in a low mood..but YAY that you got yourself to step class!

Ravengirl - and best wishes on the big decision which I see was today

hopeforme - how are you???

nyxwriter - hi

my car saga continues. Turns out it was a big-time recall issue with Subaru. A major suspension piece broke in half. My local mechanic reluctantly refused the work, and said it was better to have authorized Subie guys deal with it.

So I contacted Subaru and they were very concerned ("were you hurt when the car went off the road") and said that Subaru would pay to have the car towed to their place; would give me a loaner car for free; and would see what's up with the car..I know parts will be covered, but I am hoping labor is too. We'll see. The free loaner car is a white Dodge Avenger...NOT the typical Vermonter winter car but I am stylin in it, baby!

I am still doing good on South Beach. I don't think my cravings or hunger or bread or carby sweet things will ever go away. But they must be less because of how I'm usually able to resist. I had that dark chocolate (turns out it was 'only' 3.5 ounces, lol, not 4 ounces) last Friday; last night I had about 8 fritos and two 55-calories beers, the only transgressions.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #11  
Starting Again

It's been a few days since i've been able to post. It's been a busy week and I had to work Thursday night at my part time job. It's the first time they've had me on the schedule on a weeknight since the first of the year. Last year I worked on tues and thurs night as well as my usual sundays. I've gotten spoiled being off every week night.

Vermont, I had to google the dodge avenger. I can see you stylin in your sunglasses driving down the road. How are the repairs coming? I found out this week that my jeep liberty has a recall coming up too. Must be the month for that. Great job on the diet. I'm so jealous.

The last week my eating has been worse that what is was and I feel bloated again. I was down about 7 lbs and i havent weighed in the past few days. I think I'm just going to have to go all in and get serious. The dreaded summer season is coming and here I go again, too fat to wear weather appropriate clothing so I get to be the sweaty fat girl.

Mustang, my blood sugar is a little high as well and that's another reason I need to get serious and really watch my food. Good job on the exercise and doing what you need to do.

Raven, I hope you have made peace with the decision that you had to make on thursday. Even though we don't know what you are going through we have been thinking of you and hope you pop in soon to let us know you are ok. I haven't read the Hunger Games but I would like to see the movie and see what all of the hype is about.

Nyxwriter, thanks for the advice and empathy. Luckily I seem to have a little bit of energy today and am getting some housework done. I didn't let myself sleep too long so I didn't get sluggish. I know if I'd start working out it would solve a world of problems.

How is everyone's weekend going?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #12  
Starting Again

Ok, why is it that the more that I post the less everyone else posts? I miss you peeps...

Last edited by hope4me; 03-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #13  
Biker Chick!

I'm here! Hey hope and all others. Hope, what kind of exercise would you do, do you go to the gym, or at home? I really like my two Anni Mairs dvds, I think they are energizing. http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...rch=anni+mairs

I haven't heard from Subaru about my car yet

Unusually mild here, the 50's is more like April for us! I'm still not convinced that spring is here. Mud season here is so unattractive though, mud and puddles and black snow and things emerging that were hidden under the snow.

I hope everyone is doing OK.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #14  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone

Sorry I disappeared.... just needed some time out I guess. I'm doing ok, nothing really new to report. I'm still having a hard time staying motivated. I've read all of your updates but there's just too much for personal replies to everyone. Suffice to say I hope everything works out well for all of you. Weather up here is very nice also, people are saying it's spring but I'm not holding my breath.... my city is famous for late season snow storms so I don't think we're done with the white stuff yet.

See ya later... I'll try not to be such a stranger.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

Great to hear from you, Aunty Jam!!!

I have off today...YAY. Have to do the usual picking up, vacuuming, laundry. I haven't had a Clutter Project since the bookshelves last fall...I think doing that job has really helped my perspective that I CAN DO IT even if it looks overwhelming. And that I won't let Negative Nay-Sayers (DH ) get in my way. In fact, HIS computer area hurts my head if I choose to focus on it. I might start digging away at that horrorshow.

Not quite as warm today, it will be cloudy and high 40's, which is still very warm for us! My older son attacked the ice in front of the garage yesterday and freed the motorcycles!!! He got mine started and she is sitting on the driveway waiting for me I told her tomorrow we will get out for a little bit!