Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #31  

Height: 5'6"

Trish huge Congratulations on the little one!! That is wonderful news and such a blessing.
I am so sorry about your friend. Its never easy to say goodbye.
Take care of yourself you have a lot on your plate, but that little girl will be oh so worth it.
K
Old 12-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #32  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh - where is everybody?

Hope the weekend is keeping you busy, but in a good way!!

Heather
Old 12-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #33  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all -

Whew, classes are over for the quarter - now I just need to get through finals week... Oh joy

Trish - Hi! Nice to meet you. Congrats on the little one.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! Its sunny here, cold, but sunny!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #34  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hi everyone, I've been busy trying to get Christmas shopping done! TOM is here after being absent for a couple months so I feel extra tired and down today. This weekend seems to be going by so fast. Take care everyone
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #35  
Just keep moving ...

Hi all -

I went to a party last night with some new friends... I had fun, but today I feel kinda down, and that happens a lot. The day after I go be really social all I want to do is curl up in my shell. Hmmm... thoughts?

Anyway, I'm still studying my brain out, and happy about it - go figure. I'm really glad I made this huge life-changing step. Its been a long time since I felt so contented.

Toodles!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

We plan on naming the baby Eva after my great grandmother.

I seem to be starting to get this gestational diabetes thing sort of under control. I won't know for sure for a little bit though. I don't meet with my nutritionist until Wednesday to get the lowdown on everything. My sister just went through it though so I am doing what she told me to do for now. I feel hungry a lot. You are supposed to eat every 3 hours, but without a whole lot of carbs you really feel like it does not stick with you. My DH went to the grocery store and came home with low carb things for me to try. It was very sweet. I am a huge pasta person so this is really a hard thing for me to adjust to. I was really sick with the throwing up yesterday. I am one of the few lucky people who never quit getting sick through the whole pregnancy. A lot of times I go to church and end up in the bathroom. I don't know how many more times I can answer, yes I am past my first trimester, no I don't ever quit getting sick.

Well I guess I had better go for now, I hope everyone has a good Monday.

Trish
Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #37  

Morning all
Wow another Monday another week. I'm hoping this one is better than last week. And Hope if I could send this snow your way I sure would!! We did get over a foot on Friday. DdC got to school, but her afternoon bus got stuck. I had to snowblow the driveway twice. And the tent/shed thingy collapsed under the weight of the snow and guess where the snowblower was? And Sat afternoon I was going to pick up DdA from work to take her to uni for an exam and my van died on me. Thankfully hubby was in his truck ahead of me and came back. It turns out my fuel line got disconnected. He was able to put it back on and now I'm waiting to hear if he made me an appointment to get it replaced. Hubby is working to day so that makes me happier. And there was some good news in our local paper about how our region and the local economy is holding its own and doing really well right now, so that helps me feel a little more positive.

But other than a ton of little annoyances nothing new here. I'm going to start on the Christmas baking today and of course its snowing again. At least DdC is happy, they are skiing in her PE class!

Only 17 more days till the shortest day of the year and then they get longer!!!Yippee!!!!

Take care everyone!
K
Old 12-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #38  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I've been doing okay, this time of year just makes me feel happier. Study is doing better, I'm generally feeling optimistic. Though at college and in general I'm trying to make friends since I cut myself away from my social life last year I now have about two friends I rarely see. Today feels like its just an uphill battle that I'm losing.. Feels like people just dont really want to be my friend no matter how much effort I put in... Nevermind, TOM so maybe I'm just over emotional or lacking vitamins.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Trish I am with you on the whole sick thru the whole thing. My first one I threw up the WHOLE time...and it completely sucked!!

Well my foster daughter...can not fit her pants now she gained to much weight I had to run her to the good will to get a pair tonight. I plan on buying her pants for christmas. but she has like 9 pairs of 13's 12 pair of 11's but she has gained the weight and she says I excercise in gym and she walks home. But I was like if you eat enough for two of you its not going to matter what you do in gym. Plus their gym only last for half the year so the rest of the year they dont get it. Like part of me wants to get her to go work out with me but the other part doesnt because that is alone time for me. Our new house all the weight stuff is going in the basement because it is nice but I dont want the playroom down there cause of the steps. So that can be my get away from the house area. Also shes not the type to push someone else either so its not like I would be getting any help. She doesnt want to work out like when she feels fat she does but other than that she dont want anything to do with it. Its really expensive to buy good stuff to eat esp. for two people. I am going to have to find little ways to cut out bad stuff. I watch online the biggest loser and the tips they give of little things to do. my kids right now are so active so its ok what they eat. No I do cook a lot of the meals but ALOT of them I use butter, salt, or fry some stuff. I dont want to completely cut that stuff out but making it a once in a while thing I think is good. I need some advice on where to find DO-ABLE (not expensive or hard) things to make. I really try to put a veggie in every meal and everyone has to eat it. But some of them I have to use cheese on them or butter to get them to eat is so really what good is it doing...ok well enough ranting...
I am gonna go surf the web.
Very excited cause we are moving at the end of the year (dec 29th to be exact) So it is like a new start for everything. The kids will have to play on play mats and keep their toys picked up. They are gettin on a bedtime routine, they are sleeping in their beds all but one, 2 yr olds getting the hang of potty training and the new house has a potty down stairs!!!, I will have room for my weight equipment, Beginning to a new year...Just will feel nice to START fresh with pretty much everything!! So...I havent gained weight but I haven't really lost anything..So atleast I am maintaining...LOL even though I wanna lose...oh well I will be able to really get it going...ok talk to you all lata!!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #40  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

No news here - just plodding along...

Heather
Old 12-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #41  
Just keep moving ...

Another plodder checking in...

How's everyone else doing?

Amarie
Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #42  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ditto's on the plodding lol.

Have a great day Ladies

Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #43  

Hi there,
Plodding just about describes it.
More snow over night. And it went above freezing today so the roads were kind of yucky. The long range forecast says it suppose to get quite cold starting Saturday. I'm not sure which I prefer, well I know I prefer summer, but since thats not an option
Well take care all and keep on plodding!
K
Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #44  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Plodder #4 here and accounted for...

Catch up soon...
Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 AM   #45  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Ooops, make that #5