Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #16  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Buddly - hang in there - the stomach churning truly is such an awful, awful feeling. I know for me, I've been waking up with that vague thought of -have I forgotten something...? Did I have a bad dream...? Oh, right - no... that actually happened. Thinking of you.

Hope - let us know what you hear - I thank God every day for my job right now - it's pretty much what's getting me through each day.

Big to everyone else. Chat soon -

Heather
Old 12-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #17  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hugs Buddly

Thanks Leenie for the welcome

Hope4me I'm wishing you the best of luck with the new job

I'm feeling kind of down and stressed out this morning, but I guess that's a good reason to exercise. I hope everyone else is having a great week!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #18  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Emma is in so much pain, its difficult to watch. We have pain meds but it still hurts her alot to stand... she just lays like a lump... poor little girl.

Anyway... TTYL.. gotta meeting to attend

Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #19  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Leenie - so sorry to hear Emma hurts... poor little luv.

Hope - I had a bit of a Thanksgiving break, but I worked through it

I skipped my am workout this morning - I just felt a little too blue to get out of bead early. Ah well. There's always tomorrow.

Heather - thanks for moving me!!! (I think it was you?!?!) I'm glad I ended up in the right spot!!

Lots of hugs all around!

Amarie
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
Thanks Heather and Butterfly. Its nice to know someone who understands.

Leenie I hope your Emma is feeling better. Its so hard when they are in pain and there isn't anything you can do for them.

Good to see you amarie, been to long.

Big *hugs* to everyone!

I've just been frittering my day away. I'm sort of doing laundry and the dishes are soaking. Its buddy night at my daughter's judo class and she's taking two girls with her, I think I'll let hubby do the driving. My other two girls put up some Christmas lights (they call them dancing lights) in the living room. My oldest got into a corner that hasn't been touched in ages and has been sneezing from the dust ever since the poor thing.
Its cold out, well below freezing at least the roads won't be getting worse. But the sun is out so thats really nice.

Well I better go and do the dishes and finish the laundry.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 12-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Buddly

Nothing going on here, pretty much sosdd... which is good

Have a great day ladies

Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I will catch up readin everyones things on Monday. I officially grounded myself from the puter so I could pack and not waste time....I did get my meds so doing good just have to have the place ready for landlord to inspect on monday and need to work my butt off...LOL...ok well lata
Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

Sorry I haven't been too active. Today is a bad day.......I am in a lot of pain (my back) and I am really really sad. Just feel so alone. I know that I am not, but since I have had to work all week by myself because my coworker was out sick, then my DH is on 2nd shift this week and I work 3rd, so I only get to see him like for a couple hours, if that a day.

Sorry this is all whiny, but I just cannot help it. Not today. I have been really trying to stay positive, but today I just can't. I know its only for a couple more days then DH will be on 3rd permanently, but I still feel alone, at least today. When he was getting ready to leave for work, I almost lost it, but I didn't for his sake. I waited until he left then I broke down. I feel like such a baby. What am I 2 yrs old? Geez.

The worst of it is that I ate entire container of cottage cheese. I was hungry, but I did not mean to eat it all, I just couldn't stop.

Anyways, thanks for listening............sorry its sooooooo whiny......

Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

Sassy I hope you feel better. That loneliness thing is hard to deal with

Not much has changed with me. I went to work today and it was fairly busy, which is good as it makes the time go by so fast. We are under a heavy snowfall warning, so tomorrow could be fun (not!) The forecast is for up to 30cm of snow, thats approx one foot!! Thank goodness for snowblowers!! And the fact that only my youngest has to go out and she takes the bus! I guess we'll see in the morning what drops over night.

I better go and cook some dinner, hubby should be showing up soon.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #25  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

It wasn't a good day for me either. I had to close at work which I hate and when I was in the shower this morning my back almost went out. It hurt all day and I was afraid it would go at any moment. I also had pms today so I was on the verge of tears for no reason. Then, one of my worst fears happened... somebody who hadn't seen me since I was a size 4 came into the store. To make it worse, he used to have a crush on me. I'm sure he was sooo glad we had never gotten together. I could have just sunk through the floor and disappeared. In fact if I had I would have been much happier. Why am I choosing to live this way?

Sassy: sorry you are feeling lonely. We feel how we feel, no matter whether we should or not, but it still sucks.

Buddly: Send the snow down here! You know I'll take it.

Leenie: Is Emma feeling any better today?

Butterfly: Did the exercise help? It usually does. I just need to remember that.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #26  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Everybody.

Well my pain pills finally kicked in because my back no longer hurts!! TG! Now my ear is hurting though.......UGH I hope its not an ear infection! I haven't had one of those since I was like 5 or something so I don't remember what it feels like! lol.

Buddly -- Thanks.

Hope -- Big Sorry your feeling low too and hope your back doesn't go out. I know how that is.........I am always afraid of seeing someone who hasn't seen me in a long time. Not that I was ever a size 4, but there def. was a whole lot less of me! lol. Big hon.

Well thanks everybody for the get well wishes, I do feel better!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #27  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning chicks!

It was good to catch up on what's going on with you all - sounds like we're all pretty much just slogging along - c'est la vie, I suppose, eh?

I'm playing the 'try to keep busy and don't think!' game - and sometimes it works for a while. Mostly, it's hour by hour for me - but eventually it will become day by day - then week by week... just wish I could fast forward past all the painful crap.

Anyway - off to work. Have a good day, girls!

Heather
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #28  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sorry you sweeties are having a hard time wish we could get together and hug, chat and cry... but mostly encourage

Emma is alot better, I put my DD's dance outfit on her so she will stop scratching her incision with her back feet. Her sides are raw. We got new pain meds the other day and its a world of difference. She's still hurting and wants to lick the incision but she's alot better... thanks chickies.

Feel better everyone... God Bless !!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I have not been on here in forever. I have been really struggling lately. I am pregnant! (this is a good thing but has thrown a wonderful wrench in my life). It was of course a surprise. Neither me or the doctors thought I would be able to be pregnant again. That in and of itself was hard to deal with, but I did. Just when I made peace with it and decided I would be ok with my 2 little ones, surprise you are having another baby. I am due in February and I have really run the gambit with this little one.
One of the first things that I discovered is that I have an underactive thyroid. They found it in one of my first visits, so I started taking medication for that. I do not know if it is helping, since I am pregnant and you just can't tell. I guess that I will find out better once I have my little girl. I also don't have any insurance except catastrophic so we are basically paying for this little one all out of pocket. That is going to be fun and already has been. I have to have c-sections so of course it makes it cost even more. Then a couple of weeks ago my best friend died. She has had cystic fybrosis her whole life and it was finally time to let her go. I knew that I would have to say goodbye to her sometime, but you are never ready for it to happen. We have been friends for 20 years. We are trying to refinance the house so that we can pay for this baby and of course all of this is happening in the middle of dealing with the death. That same week I went to the doctor to get my initial glucose tolerance test (the one hour test) and of course it came back bad so I had to go on Wednesday and take the 3 hour test. It is now official that I have gestational diabetes. I feel like everything is falling apart and I don't even know where to go. I feel bad for being stressed and depressed and generally down about how I am going to deal with having this baby. I feel bad about all of the things that are going on in my life and that I can not just sit back and really enjoy the idea of having this baby and all that goes with it. I just don't know what to do or what I am going to be able to do about it.

I am sorry that I have been gone so long and then when I come back I just ***** about how life is lately especially when I am bringing a precious little girl into the world, but that is how I am feeling.

Anyway I will talk with you all later.

Trish
Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #30  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Trish welcome back and congratulations on the baby. Wowee girl, I'll say you have your plate full. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend I can never find the right words to say for some ones loss, but know that I truely am sorry and pray for the family and you.

A baby girl...... what name have you picked out? she's certainly going to be a special little girl isn't she. With everything your going thru, two names strike me Hope & Faith oh and Joy... make that 3 names After I had my misscariages and got pregnant with my daughter, all I kept thinking about was, boy this pregancy is by God's Grace, and his Grace alone, so I named my DD Grace The name is very popular now but wasn't so when I named her. I hope your feeling better and rest up little Mama things will be ok.

I'm so glad your back with us.

Leenie
Closed Thread