Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #46  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi All

Hi All.

I hope your 4th was great. I really didn't watch any fireworks......I have seen them many many times before, so its not biggie. Just haven't had the energy to much of anything. But I am feeling better so I guess the resting is doing its job of making me well...........

Unfortunately my "focal points" on cleaning has suffered this week. But there is always next week. Now if I can get my DH to at least GET started on that horrible office of his............

I feel better, physically, but emotionally, I just feel blah. I feel like I am just hopeless in the weight loss and getting healthy dept. I get these newsletters from e-diets to try to motivate me, but all they do is make me realize how much work I have yet to go.

But I don't wanna give up. I just need to do better. I had a dream lastnight that I started biking to work!!!! That would be like a miracle for me because work is about 12.7 miles away. That would be 25.4 Miles a day x 3 nights a week on my "short weeks" and 4 days a week on my "long weeks". Yes that is doable I mean how many flippin' miles do they do on the tour de France? Ok looked it up and its: 2,235 miles!!! And that is throughout all kinds of country. Mine would basically be flat except for the hill by our apt.

So yes indeed I could do it and yes it may take like a long time before I actually could do it, but it is doable. I just dunno if I have that kind of energy and stamina anymore! lol. But "can't" couldn't do anything as my mom always has said. lol. So who knows.......I could be peddling to work if I ever get off my fat lazy bum!

Actually when I was younger I wanted to be a professional bike rider and do competitions and all, but never got that far.........lol. Not even close. lol. I think the farthest I've ever went on a bike was about 2 measely miles and that was when I was in A LOT better shape than I am now!!!

So whoppee do why can't I get motivated?? What is wrong with me?? I have never liked being overweight and now eeekkk obese......... So what is the problem here? Maybe I have something mentally "blocking" me??? Should I see a therapist? Should I go on a retreat somewhere? Should I become a buddist monk? What is the answer here? Okay okay I know the answer isn't that easy. But just "thinking out loud" here........So don't think I'm whining or complaining cuz I'm really not. I am thankful for everything I do have because there are many who would love to be in my shoes, I know that.

So I dunno. I just feel like a major change needs to happen for me otherwise I'm doomed..................and that is not acceptable for me. I just need to find that "fire" inside that I used to have cuz my "fire" has gone out a long time ago.

Anyways, rambling here.......... Can't you tell I am feeling better?

Momof4 -- I think we all could use a getaway, anybody wanna go? lol. Big girlie and I hope things got better for ya and I hope your getting a good sleep.

Cathy -- WTG on the 4 miles!!! I'm lucky if I could even do 1!!!

Sugar -- Hope the dentist situation gets worked out

Francie -- Glad you finally have joined us again.......Hope your time with the hubs is going well.

Buddly -- Wow girl! Slow down! Your making us look bad here! lol.

Hope -- WTG and Good Luck on the Anthem Job!!!

Raven -- LOL. Your post made me feel better. lol. I am glad you took everything and laughed it off. What an awesome attitude!!! I am desperately trying to keep that attitude as well and yes I felt very well liked with the lady at work standing up for me. Yes I only have to get through this week and possibly next week and then the hubs should be on my shift, if they don't flippin' change mine! But I can't see them doing that when I am the Sr. Agent on nights. Don't be too impressed, there is only me and one other girl on nights and two newbies that work a few hrs at night and on the weekends. So Whooppee but so far at least everybody has said (except for Ms. Nasty Pants) that I am doing a kick @$$ job. Even my bosses have said so. They say my weakest thing? Is my attendance and I can fix that one. I just have to "suck it up" and not miss any days. Boy that is tough for me. Esp the 1st of October we're getting ALL of our PTO time all at once.........I'll be like a little kid surrounded by candy and told, "Don't touch that!" lol. But if I don't touch it, then maybe DH and I can take a true vacation!!! That is if we are still there by then. Things could change, so who knows! lol.

Anyways. there I go again...........ramble ramble........ I need a "chatty" avatar! lol. If anybody finds me a cute one, I'd be ever so appreciative!!! lol.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Well, ok this morning just really really tired not feeling as crazy..I am assuming cause my pills are back in my system. Fireworks were great dh couldnt go cause he had to get up for work at 3 so i took the boys and Kaci.

We went to the park yesterday and i wore shorts and a shirt of course but like my stomach fat just hung there. It was just foul looking and just made me feel pretty crappy. Then there were these moms there that were like checking out my husband. Then were walking over with their kids and walked by him and was like talking to nathan (who was playing with jeff). I was over on by the field watching ethan ride his bike. I wouldnt have thought anything of them talking to him but before she "casually" walked over two of them were standing their together and kept looking at Jeff talking while their kids were behind them playing on the play ground. They were probably like why is with that fat girl...anyways just a pretty crappy trip to the park.

My husband has been tired and grumpy sooo much and just sometimes miserable to be around. We get in little spats...no yelling but just snappy with each other...Anyways yeah it just kinda sucks. I hope he gets caught up on sleep and comes back to himself.

MeA-You tell me about this moms of lil kids forgetting and something to do to help him and then let me hanging....WHAT IS THAT....lol j/k I will look up on his website hopefully something will help. All these kids just sucks my brains right out!!

Francie- that is wonderful to get to spend time with your dh...enjoy!!

Sassy-that will make it nice for you and your dh to work the same hours and enjoy each other more...I know how awful you feel about stuff cause i deal with some of it every day...

Rest of the girls I will catch up with all of you a little lata

Ok well I need to go. I have decided I have got to step it up on excercise and eating because I dont want to go around always feeling so fat and nasty when my stomach hangs and sits on my legs..well not really but its close and just eww...That is actually why most of my pants dont fit is cause of my stomach so I need to work on that..ok gotta go...lata
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #48  

Girls root canals are a painful especially if you have had an infection I went for 3 hours last sat and 3 more today but it didn't hurt so bad thank goodness hope u had a good 4th and a great weekend
sugarmama08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #49  

aww yeah my mom was an root canal assitant....if that makes sense..LOL.. no no endodontist(sp) which all they do is root canals!! So yeah I know they hurt.

Man Sassy I will give you credit You wrote the longest post ever!!! I have never beat you in that!! They say you have wrote long ones before and they weren't kiddin!!

Ok got a nap feeling pretty good...in the middle of laundry, cleaned kitchen up, moved deep freezer out to kitchen, moved treadmill inside finally, folded all the baskets i had done from this morning, going to the church to put a basketball hoop for the youth then work on painting the youth room. Fun I know!!!

Have a good day, Eat good, Excercise like a mad woman, and be happy!!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

May I join in?? I dont suffer from depression but my husband is bipolar. He is very manicky right now and Im just trying to make it thru till monday when i can talk with his dr.He takes his meds faithfully but had to decrease topamax because he has fell into the medicare gap. We are working on getting it free from the company but still not sure if its going to happen or not.
He is on neurontin and lithium and seroquel also. any advice would be welcome...we have been dealing with this for 10 yrs now.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #51  
~Believe~

Yeah I'm the notorious "Rambler"
Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #52  

Dgramie i sure dont mind if you join in....always good to have new people to chat with.....I dont think any of these other girls will mind. I think I might be the newest to these girls but they are all super...they are very supportive and care....

Ok so if sassy and I ever talk on the phone the battery in the phones will probably die before we are done talking...HAHAHAHA...ok maybe that was a bad joke...

Anyways I am actually feeling pretty good almost great tonight. Despite being a long day and kinda tired and i dont feel sad depressed grumpy or snappy. I am kinda actually happy.

I got a lot done today...dont feel like listing it....but I did go to sams club and stocked up on all the majorly needed stuff so now I shouldn't need anything but groceries for a while!!! Makes my life easier. I got my hubby a pack of 52 razors I dont think he should run out for a while!!!

Put up the babies crib and got some stuff moved and put in there place in the house.

Starting to feel more like home because I have almost everything here from the old house and starting to look more homey!!

Ok well I am going to go do i dont know...maybe sleep or watch a movie..that 10000 bc is pretty good. I say good but then again our family doesnt watch a lot of movies since most swear and have sex in them and stuff.

OK chickies....have a good night or morning whicheva!!!

Last edited by momof4under5; 07-05-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #53  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hey Hey My Lovelies!!!

So, how was everyone's holiday??? Man, today was a little busy...yesterday was kind of a bum around day...laid around...DH grilled burgers and lit off fireworks for our own personal little show in the bag yard... Neither one of us wanted to fight the crowds... Had ourselves a little firework show of our own... Anyways!!! lol It was fun... I thought I would sleep in a little bit but dang it...this new food thing has my body thinking it is just the right thing to do to be up at 5:30 in the morning!! I needed to get up and feed it anyway...(makes me sound a little like a zoo animal doesn't it? Ha!) So, I did, dorked around a little while...then went back to the cuddlefest...sooo nice... When I woke up again I made a small cup of coffee and went and put in 45 mins on the elliptical! Now, I had had a couple of days last week where I had a headache...and it turned into a full blown migraine on Friday night (kinda another reason I took it easy on Sat) Well, I started doing some thinking... I used to use my heart rate monitor all the time to make sure I was in the correct zone for my age and everything...well, I haven't been doing that for quite awhile... I think my body is feeling so strong and good and I get such a endorphin rush from working out that it is making me not realize my heart rate was getting too high...hence the headache and possibly triggering the migraine... So, I used my monitor today when I was on the elliptical and sure enough...I had to adjust my resistance and my speed alot towards the end of my workout to keep my heartrate from going too high... So, can't forget to wear my monitor and keep things from getting out of hand for me!
After I worked out, showered, and had lunch we took a drive that involved lots of different places...lots of walking...and I got to shop! Okay, so I only bought a $10 personalized leather bracelet for DD and I, but it was fun!! We just barely rolled in a little while ago and I had to do a mad dash to get some food in me because I was just starting to crash!!! (I had taken emergency supplies with me but we got home in time for me to whip something up!)
DH helped me resize my raven for my new avatar...aww...isn't he sweet? What do you guys think!!! I love it!!! (So yeah...if you don't like it it is ok to lie to me...really...lol)

Welcome dgramie! We love new people...the more the merrier I say!! Watch out for Sassy though...she's trouble!!! (In case you couldn't tell, I was just kidding...we all adore Sassy...that's why I get to tease her!)

Sugar: Much sympathies for the root canal...yikes! I had one years back that was just agony...course I was stupid and didn't know I had an infection so I had to do the antibiotic thing too and I was in so much pain I was just grateful to have it done...seriously...sitting in the waiting room crying from the pain...he had to take me in as an emergency...I didn't have an appt.

Cathy: Yay on the 4 miles! I used to do that almost every morning when I lived in Colorado...our loop around the appt complex was exactly 1/2 mile.. It was beautiful there... I even saw a red fox once while I was walking!!! Talk about surprise!! He was gorgeous!

Mom: Hey! Glad you are finally feeling a little better.. I always love it when I can get alot of stuff accomplished and feel all proud! And I know very very well what moving is like...it just completely bites!

Amarie: Wow that is cool! I love those obstacle course thingies on the dog shows! And kayaking sounds like such a blast...I have to think it would be such an awesome upper body workout! That is my real trouble area...my legs are uber strong and my arms are wimpy wimpy wimpy!! (Anyone remember that Hefty trashbag commercial!!) hehehe

Buddly: Thanks...yeah...I just feel so awesome right now..and even though my stupid scale isn't showing it I know that I am just retaining water or losing inches or something because I just feel thinner my clothes are fitting better and I have a TON of energy that I haven't had in forever...

Francie...no apologies for being MIA...we would be more surprised if you weren't!!! Enjoy him...take care of each other...

Sassy! (giving you an extra hug for teasing you!) I am so glad things are going better at work and I wish you lots of will power to stay out of that candy!!! It would be awesome if you could get your vacation time and do something special...we just had a little 5 day one and it was just what we all needed...

Heather, good to see you in here! Take care Hon...

See ya when we see ya Hope!! Have fun!! And luv luv to ya Leenie!!!

(See...my posts are getting almost worse than Sassy!!!)
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #54  
~Believe~

Wink Its CHATTY Sassy! lol

Welcome dgramie!!! Don't pay any attention to what these people say they are truly demented! That is why I love them so! lol.

Ok so now who's the chatty one?

Nah its alright really. I think I am much chattier in this forum than I am in real life. But my co workers would probably disagree with that statement. lol. As last Tuesday night/Wed. morning I was very very quiet (I had a major headache) and they both just sat and stared at me asking me what they did wrong. Men. lol.

I dunno I just have to really know a person to chat with then a lot on the phone esp. You have to also realize that I work in a call-center so the phone is the last thing I want to do when I get home. lol. You'd think that of the computer too, but its different. I don't get to "have fun" on the computer at work. Guess you can say the same with the phones, but sometimes we can have fun while working too. Depends on who you talk too. lol.

Momof4 -- Glad you are feeling good and not sad or depressed. I have been on a rollercoaster this weekend on emotions.........But if you ask anybody who truly knows me, they would probably tell you that is "normal" for me......lol. If we talked on the phone we'd just have to have extra batteries or just plug our phones in! ha ha!! lol.
We watched "The Bucket List" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. It was pretty good, def. puts things into perspective for sure. Def. two of my favorite actors and they worked well together.

Raven -- You make me tired just reading your post! lol. WTG on the exercise! I had a headache all week last week, it finally went away after I had dh get me some Excedrin Migraine. I'm glad that I am so well loved here! lol. Teasing I am used too esp since I work with all men. They love to "torment" me all night long. lol. Its like being with a whole bunch of brothers! If you can imagine that! lol. And hey missy I "resemble" that comment about your post "almost worse" than mine!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #55  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya girls!

dramie - nice to meet 'cha. Like the commercial says - depression hurts everyone. I'm glad you came in here for support - I am lucky enough not to suffer from manic disorder myself but one of my best friends in college was manic. I can't say as I will always understand your struggles, but I WILL understand how it feels not to understand what's causing them.

Raven - I LOVE your new raven!!! I was actually thinking that I eanted to tell 'ya that before you mentioned it . Yah, kayaking IS a great upper body wkout. But the real shocker is that is a KILLER ab/core wkout. My instructor said that all the world ranked kayakers he knows do a LOT of yoga. Who knew? Interesting about the migraines... I used to have them all the time, but don't get them much anymore. Maybe its because of my better cardio strength.

Mof4 - SORRY!!! I would have googled the info on mom-heimers, but I actually have a really crummy 'puter at home so I can only look stuff up during the work week. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. You have your hands so full, I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish!!! I think Buddly mentioned flylady - have you checked her out? Some of her tips ROCK! And she is really focused on support and org for SAHMs.

Sassy (or Sassy's paw) - Are you a secret senior agent ?!? Lol. Try not to think about how far you have to go - you only have a pound to lose, after you lose it you can always shoot for another, but right now - its just that first pound.

Sugarmama - ouchie ouch!!!! Take care of yourself

Well, girls, I'm super tired. I hope I can catch up on some sleep tonight - I have a bunch of painting and yard work to do tomorrow. Joy.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #56  
~Believe~

Wink Hola

Well thanks Amarie! I already feel old, but after reading about me being a "Secret SENIOR Agent" I feel rather ancient!

Yeah I'll just think, "All I have is this one measly pound that I can't get rid of!" lol...........

I just feel OLD. I was watching Little House, yes again! lol. It was the episode that Laura and Almonzo and Nellie and Perceville get together, just made me feel old! Its like Dang...........its been @# yrs since I've been 16 and that feeling of "young love"....... Now I feel like an old married woman and well I am a married woman........... And I don't think THAT old......YET! lol.

Man I think I am in DESPERATE need to go OUT on a date with my husband and fast before I turn into the "Crazy Cat Lady!" who sits with all her cats watching all her old tv shows and love "stories" I just have to wait a couple weeks and DH should (hopefully if they don't change their minds!!!) be on my shift!!!

Well Have a Great Sunday. Me I HATE Sundays cuz its my "Monday" and this is my LONG week. (46 hrs) Yeah yeah I know, and YES I would like CHEESE with my WHINE please!!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #57  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Welcome Dgramie, glad you joined in.

Well I'm going thru a time right now where I'm forcing myself to post.. I'm sure you've all been there and I'm sure it shows. I just feel drained... so please forgive me if I'm not doing personals. I do read everyone's post though.

So... have a great Sunday Laundry calls.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #58  

I honestly was having a good day and like 4 diferent times I wanted to just cry. the first time only a few tears trickled down and i managed to hold the rest in. The second time i sucked it up cause i was in public. The third time I just barely held it back again a few tears trickled out and nothing. Then my husband said are you going to be grumpy the rest of the day and I just lost it cause I had been trying to hold them back for most of the morning. So yeah. I am ok now.
I just realized today I went into the store hungry and I always seem to be in the store and like oh i will buy this just this time. Like it hit me if someone is an acholic and in aa then they should go into a bar with alchol all around. So it is stupid to send a fat food addict into the store (ESP. HUngry) So I have now decided the only time I go to the store is for the big monthly shopping cause that is all like serious food but no more run in real quick and grab this and that cause i end up getting something I should and dont need to eat. I know I should be stronger and be able to just say no but I am not that strong yet so I will just not make provisions for my flesh. If I want to ever conq. this issue then I need to do whatever I need to do. Ok well that was my lesson for myself for the day!!
Its nap time and I went to bed at like 2 something and was up at 8:30 so I need to SLEEEEEPPPPP!!!!

i do personals later...see ya!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
i'm voting for another 3 days off
are y'all with me
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #60  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls -

Husband left yesterday... can't quite believe he's really gone. Please pray for me that the days will get easier.

..and yes, today - JUST TODAY - I am eating cake.

Heather x
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote