Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Update on things

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the support and well wishes from last fall and over the winter.

Hub had his bone marrow transplant in mid March and is doing very well.. He got out of the leukemia ward in record time. The staff there are calling him their "poster boy". He also was allowed to leave the city (only one leukemia ward in our entire province) and come home after 6 weeks, instead of the standard 3 months.

On June 10, we received wonderful news... after a bone marrow aspiration at the end of May to determine the level of success for the transplant, we were told the cancer is in complete remission. Now, instead of 3-10 years, he's looking at 3-14 years. A blessing indeed. We know the cancer will return as the type he has (Multiple Myeloma) is incurable, but we will enjoy the time we have been given and do as many things together as we can.

My skin cancer has not returned to date. Hopefully, it never will.

I told my doctor in March, just prior to hub's transplant, that despite all we went through in the fall and over winter, I had had the best fall/winter I'd ever had. I attribute that directly to the Wellbutrin I started nearly 13 months ago. Someone up there was getting me ready for what was to come, methinks.

Anyway... I wanted to let people know how things are and that I'm alive and well... still kickin And thanks again for all of the support,.. it's been overwhelming both with friends at home and online.

Blessings everyone,
JudoMom
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

JudoMom I'm so glad to see you

Happy Belated Birthday

Wow lady, you've been through so much. THANK GOD!! for your DH's recovery and yours. Poster boy to say the very least...thats just awsome!! My FIL just had skin cancer that grew inside (by his ribs) removed last week. I'm not sure if they got it all. Despite all you've been through you sound so positive, wtg. How are your kids?

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 07-06-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

HEY JUDOMOM!!!!! it is great to hear from you!
I am thrilled to hear how well you and your dear hubby are doing!!!
AWESOME NEWS INDEED!!!
I have no doubt that the Lord has been with y'all every step of the way!!!!
thanks for sharing!
hugs & prayers & more hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Judomom!

So good to hear from you and thank you for the update, I've often wondered how you were doing as you got so much at once.
I am so glad about your hubby's remission as well as yours!
Many prayers and good thoughts going your way.
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote