Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Belle View Post
I'm actually loving the snow! It's definitely going to be a lot and I don't look forward to shoveling it, but there's just something about it!

I'm having a good week so far (even though it's barely Tuesday). When I did my daily weigh-in today I saw 199 on the scale, but it changed to 200 right before I stepped off. How cruel is that? lol

Surrender - Ooo, a new machine! I could use a new one right about now. I only have the Gazelle at home, which I don't really use, so I'd love something else. Unfortunately, it's not in the budget right now with college and everything. Let us know how you like your elliptical and have fun at the gym!

Hopeful - That's some amazing progress. Congrats!
Aww, that is a very cruel scale! I'm hoping my scale will be nice to me Saturday morning. Haha. I really do need something at home that I can use. They're usually too big for my apartment or way to expensive. But this was under $500, it folds up, and will fit in my walk-in closet. I live in a small town and we don't have a large gym facility. There's a fitness room in the community center, which I use, but there are only two bikes, three treadmills, and three ellipticals. When the gym's busy, sometimes I can't get the complete workout that I want. Plus, there's the days when I don't make it to the gym because I have work all day. I come home from work and feel bleugh and wish I could work out some. I can't wait for the elliptical to get here. I'll let you know how it goes. The only thing I'm concerned with right now is getting it up the stairs and putting it together. I'm not too handy lol.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #137  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post

Oh surrender; I'm buying a bag of wings and making the Buffalo Chicken (wing style) for the superbowl . . . will serve with low fat ranch and blue cheese . . . mmmm, mmmmmm goood . . . I can't wait

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!
I love Buffalo wings! Mmm mmm. I'm dying to try this buffalo chicken salad! I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend. Haha.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Weighed in today - down to #227.2. I'm happy! I'll be SO much happier when I'm out of the #220's!!! I feel like I've been stuck here FOREVER! Oh, wait I HAVE BEEN!!! I've been in the #220s for OVER A YEAR! UGH!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Sooo I did my weigh in today after working out every day twice a day and I wanted to just give up my weight was the same plus.02!!!!! After my hissy fit and texting my husband telling him I give up im going to stay fat forever! He sweetly text me back saying I see a change you see a change dont give up your building muscle to! you have never worked out before!...So I then thought okay well I'm going to go try to put my jeans on that I could only button if i put them super low and my belly hoovered over and was extremly tight...Well I put them on buttoned easier and no big huge belly over the top still a little tight but hey there is progress!!!! ugh though how do you over come the weight thing tho??????obviously there is inches lost but so hard to be excitied when the scale doesnt move! I would post my personal b4 and after pics but I'm in my bra and panties and I dont think ya'll wanna see that haha.....ugh on to next week!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #140  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!!! I met my ultimate weight loss goal this morning. I weighed in at 139.4 which puts my a shade under my goal weight of 140lbs.

I can not ever in my life remember weighing this much. Even when I went in to the Army out of high school I was weighing in the 160's.

My goal for the rest of the month would be 137 although I don't know how realistic that will be since the weight is dropping like a slow water leak. As long as I keep focused I have no doubt that I will hit 130 before Memorial Day. I have a mini-goal of making 130 by 1 April. I'm traveling back to PA for my mom's 60th b-day bash. I haven't been home in over 6 years so I'm very excited to see family and friends that only ever knew me as being heavy.

Last edited by Hopeful8; 02-04-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 242/*see ticker*/158

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Hopeful8 way to go!!
lluvyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #142  

Height: 5' 8"

momof3 - The scale can be fustrating. I think the jean progress is even better than the scale progress! I have started charting my weight and my measurements...just so I am sure to see some downward movement.

hopeful - Congratulations!

surrender - putting the elyptical together may be a work out in itself.

I am 9lbs down on this road toward Memorial day!!! I think that my main workout today will be cleaning up the house...it is in desperate need of attention.

Last edited by envelope; 02-05-2011 at 08:01 AM.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #143  

Congrats Hopeful8 on your loss!

The scale's moving in the right direction. I'm very happy with my results this week. Going to the gym really pays off!

1/22: 215.8
1/28: 215.8
1/31: 215.0
2/5: 212.6
2/12:
2/19:
2/26:
3/5:
3/12:
3/19:
3/26:
4/2:
4/9:
4/16:
4/23:
4/30:
5/7:
5/14:
FINAL WEIGH IN 5/22:
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 165/158/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie with the same goals!!!

May I join? I am a lurker finally coming out of the closet. I've made this journey before but went off course so to speak. But I have been so inspired by this website. It really is helping give me that extra boost to keep on trying to reach my goals. Anyway, by the time warm weather rolls around this year I want to be at my goal weight. Hopefully I will get there by the time its warm enough for shorts and tank tops
WhtRUW8TN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #145  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi ladies, just checking in, I'll be weighing tomorrow and hoping the scale angels come to visit me . . . it will be what it will be . . .

NorthernBelle: UGH and OH NO, that is a VERY CRUEL SCALE, hang in there, you'll be in ONEDERLAND any day . . . patience or at least that's what I keep telling myself . . . what is that saying; patience is a virtue, well I HAVE NO VIRTUE . . . at least with myself . . .

Hopeful; that is sooooooooooooo wonderful and I AM JEALOUS, in a good way . . . I'm the same height as you and my goal is 135-140 . . . I can't wait . . . If that daggone scale does that to me I'm throwing it OUT THE WINDOW . . . lolololol

Momof3premies: if you bumped your workout up from previous weeks it could just be water, I know when I have bumped my workout my muscles hold extra water for repair, try bumping up your water a little and when the muscles are used to the NEW workout it will drop that water . . . like I said to northernBelle, PATIENCE . . . Also I weigh (I'm an addict) and I measure. The first month I lost pounds but virtually 0 inches and the second month I lost a few pounds and LOTS of inches and last month it was a pretty even split, (which I like better) I will measure again on the 11th and we'll see what happens, but clothes are looser and some are falling off baggy . . . so just hang in there, it WILL happen

Enygirl: you crack me up, don't worry . . . the 220's will be gone soon!!

dcap: I don't know if I'm hard core, but a woman posted somewhere here that you have to workout for the body you want, not the body you have . . . so I am crankin' it UP . . . OH and I am with you I am addicted to weighing my self, in the morn when I get up, after I eat, after I get dressed, in the afternoon, everytime I go in the bathroom, at night before I take off my clothes, and after I take off my clothes . . . Is there a thread for a 12-step scale addiction . . . (but I don't fret the changes, just find it interesting how things change during the day and the fact that I almost ALWAYS LOSE 2 LBS EVERY NIGHT . . . so weird) and I ONLY count the morning weight . . . <sigh> ok I'm obsessed about talking about it tooo . .

Surrender: You are on the downhill slide woman . . . just keep it up and I think I see Onderland in your future . . .

Whtruw8n4: I too am weighting (LOLOL) for that time I can wear cute tops and shorts in the warm weather . . . OK so right now I'd just be happy with warm weather . . . next week more FRIGID temps

Everyone have a great weekend . . . I'm going to finish working out and then off to work . . .

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 02-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #146  

1/15 ~ 205.5
1/22 ~ 202.5
1/29 ~ 200.25
2/5 ~199.25 I made it to onederland
2/12 ~
2/19 ~
2/26 ~
3/5 ~
3/12 ~
3/19 ~
3/26 ~
4/2 ~
4/9 ~
4/16 ~
4/23 ~
4/30 ~
5/7 ~
5/14 ~
5/21 ~
5/28 ~

Last edited by lluvyblu; 02-05-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #147  

envelope - Yeah, tell me about it. Getting it up the stairs in my apartment and then putting it together might equal my strength training for that day or maybe that whole week lol. Congrats on being 9 lbs down!

MadamButterfly - Thanks! I'm really hoping to see Onederland by the end of the month, but I'd be happy with 10 lbs lost. Haha. I know I'll get there soon.

Iluvyblu - Woot! Go, girl! Congrats!!!

WhtRUW8TN4 - Good luck with your goals! I also can't wait until I get to wear cute shorts, tops, and bathing suits in the summer. I'm hoping I'll be in fairly decent shape by August!

Last edited by surrendertolis; 02-05-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #148  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

just a super-quick run by;

to the new people!

to those struggling!

to those who hit goal

I weigh in tomorrow, and I don't think it will be the big number I'm expecting, but a loss will still be a loss!!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #149  

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow dcapulet. *fingers crossed* for you
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #150  

I weigh in tomorrow, but I am so excited for all you Saturday weighers, I had to drop in and say !!
llubyblu, I am sooooo happy for you!!! I simply cannot wait to join you in Onderland!!!!!!
Surrender, GREAT week!!!!
Hopeful, for meeting you goal!!!
Momof3, Same thing happened to me initially when I started to really push it in the workout department. Have no fear, the scale will cooperate in time, but for now try to take comfort in knowing your body is changing and adjusting. My DH had to say the exact same thing to me! It worked and I am soooo glad I stuck it out to see the scale start to respond the way it is!
Enygirl, congrats on your loss!!!
Madam, your post was making me I think I need a 12 step scale addiction!!!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote