Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #271  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Maddie - I agree, quiet board........hmmmm makes me wonder what everyone is up to with the weigh-in tomorrow..........????? Anyway, you DID earn that pizza and I am so glad you enjoyed it. I also commend you on working out. I think out of everyone on here, you stay so committed to going to the gym and getting your workouts in - no matter what. I am so proud of you, and just reading your entries keep me going. Thank you!!!!!!

The BBQ sounded wonderful. I commend your cousin for his patriotism, and going to Iraq. I will pray for him. I am from a military family and have such admiration for those that serve. My Dad was an AirForce Pilot, as was my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law and his wife were in Iraq - both Army, my daughter is in the Navy, my husband a Navy Seal, and my son wants to join the Army........of course I also have friends who have dedicated their lives to the military. So BIG kudo's to your cousin. The food sounded wonderful...........actually making me druel here...........;-) I don't think I could have been as strong as you! LOL........I would have been in those dogs now - BIG TIME! Oh and the fried mushrooms - yum!

Oh I didn't get my other workout in, but did take the dog on two more walks...........so a 'little' one - maybe.

Hope tomorrows weigh=in is good for you. You deserve it!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 08-29-2009 at 09:06 PM.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #272  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Sandy! You're so sweet! Trust me, it's been a hard road for me trying to work out and eat well. Now that my clothes are getting bigger on me, it's giving me that little boost to keep going. I really wanted Culvers frozen custard tonight, but said no since i had the pizza yesterday.

You got a workout too! Walking the dogs is better than sitting on the couch and watching t.v. Something is always better than nothing! Don't short change yourself...especially with the stress you've been under.

My hubby is still unemployed BUT...he has an interview on Monday! IT's for a company that two of his old co-workers work at, and they have put in a good word for him with the hiring manager. My hubby actually trained and worked next to one of the guys. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying that something comes of it...and Sandy, I will do the same for you and your hubby. It takes time, but I know something good will be on the horizon for you as well.

Good night all, talk to you tomorrow!
(Geez...where is everybody?!?)
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning, girls! Hope everyone is sleeping in or recovering from a workout and not avoiding the dreaded Sunday weigh-in! I survived the bachelorette party and the hummer limo was a hoot. I'm pretty sure I'm retaining at least a bit of water from all of the soy sauce with the sushi last night but I'm still at 170, which is 3lbs since last Sunday so I'm happy about it. Now the goal for next weekend is to push on into the 160s (gotta keep AJ company!).

maddiesmom - couldn't agree more with mygrits - you are our workout queen! It must be so rewarding to see your shape changing! Fingers crossed on your hubby's interview!

mygrits - good for you on all the exercising - dog walking and vacuuming definitely count!

It's cloudy and gloomy here today and because of the whole party thing last night, we decided not to plan a hike today so I think I'm going to try for a long run instead. Weather permitting, we may try to sneak in a rollerblade too - not sure. What's everyone else got going on today?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #274  

S/C/G: See signature

Morning girls...

Ugh, here we are at Sunday weigh in and I gained! 5 pounds! 187! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....ughhhhhhh! I have nothing to say. Furthermore, I slept to 1030 this morning, which I NEVER do and instead of it making me feel good, I feel lethargic and crappy. Today is just a bad day in general, Im not happy.

Oh...I did want your opinion on something though. I have been told I am a hard arse at times when I dont need to be, so I would like to take a poll of sorts...since I stopped talking to Mr. Sweet 16, he has called and texted consistantly apologizing, yesterday I received two dozen yellow roses...things that make you go hmmmmmm.....what do you think? I normally wouldnt give this a second thought but he seems quite persistant...idk.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 AM   #275  

Lindy - sorry it's a tough day! I bet most of the gain isn't real and you'll see it fall off in the next few days. Here's to a WHOOOSH week! (You know, when the weight *whooshes* off of you). As far as Mr.16, to me it all depends on what you picked up on the other day when he was, shall we say, pushing it. If you got any sense of entitlement/disrespect/anger/aggression/scary stuff, then I'd say drop it and you're better off knowing now. You don't want to be with one of those guys who does scary stuff then apologizes profusely afterwards. If it was more a very healthy (but not scary) interest in taking things to the next step earlier than you were ready for, then I'd maybe give him another chance. Does that make sense at all? What do you guys think?
Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #276  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies,

Lindy - I agree with Dance. Usually the immediate impression is the accurate one, but it depends what transpired (whether you were being a hard *** or not). If he went beyond the passion and was being pushy, then angry or whatever, I would say there is more there and maybe not a good thing to give in, as it may happen again with other scenerios. If it was just passion, then a little more push of that, possibly give him another chance. You were there and know how you felt at that moment. No means no in my book. I was with a guy on a date that was like that, and he just didn't know what the word meant - total disrespect and I never saw him again. Respect is the key word - so really think about it before deciding.

Lindy - I also wanted to tell you to have a great day today. No fret about the weight, it will come off. You have had a lot of stress this week, disappointment and all to deal with. This week coming up is new, with a fresh start!!

Dance - Congrates on the 170!!!! You are RIGHT THERE and will be in the 160's the week - I can feel it. I hope your run today is good, if you choose not the do the hike.

Ok, I weighed in at 212.4!! Woo Hoo! My original weight at the beginning was 219, so I am down 6.6 lbs. I was really trying to get to 210, but I didn't work out this week. Next week will be better and 210 here I come ;-)

Hope everyone else checks in today, some are MIA..............
Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #277  

Mygrits - girl, 210 is yours! And onederland not far behind it!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Lindy-I agree with Dance also. It depends on what your gut told you the other day. If he was being aggressive.. that's one thing. If he was being a persistent guy.. like sometimes they do. I'd give him another shot. Just be careful. He sounds like he really likes you. Maybe he just got over excited... I dunno.. As far as those 5lbs, that can't be right! I don't believe it.

Dancer-Great Job! I'd love to be where you're at right now. And the 160s are right there. You're so close to your goal. YAY!

Grits-Way to go!!! We can do this. Onderland is within our reach!

So..I'm right on schedule. I lost 2lbs this week putting me at 204. I was hoping for 3.. but 2 is good. I just want to keep it up. I slept for 16hrs last night and just woke up! I must have been exhausted. How crazy is that. Gosh.. I can't wait to look cute in pictures again. I remember thinking when I was at 160... that I was enormous. Then I look back at them and I looked fantastic. Anyway, I'll catch up more later. Can't wait to see everyone else's weigh in!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-30-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #279  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies!

I have been dying to get on here but have not been able to. Today is a bit better, all of the teams have arrived and are practicing today so all the little fires are slowly burning out. Tomorrow is the first game and I am sure I will be busy.

Unfortunately eating enough and drinking water has not been good for me It's so easy to grab a snack and the snacks around here are not healthy. But today I brought some protein bars a few fruits and a big water bottle so it's better. It's really dry in the arena and I feel quite dehydrated.
I have another full week here to go and at least I can work out tomorrow because I don't start work until 9AM, I've been here everyday by 6AM and getting home by 9PM, I pretty much just fall into bed!

I'm going to read everyone's posts now
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #280  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
Lindy: The 5 pounds has to be all water weight from the Red Lobster...that's the only explanation. That salt is probably still in your system compounded with the stress of everything. It will be gone by next week, I'm sure. As for Mr. Sweet (or sour) 16...I would say, call him, listen to what he has to say. Worst case scenario, you can end it. But I do agree with Dance, first impressions are usually the right ones.

Dance: Congrats on 170! You are so close to your goal, which is so motivating. Good luck with your run today.

Neesy: Congrats on your 2 pounds...right on track, way to go!!! You're going to be smokin' hot by the time your hubby graduates.

Sandy: 6 pounds?!? GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm very impressed.

As for me, I am down another 2 pounds, so looking back, I lost 11 pounds this month! That seems amazing to me, since this is the first time I've ever taken weight loss seriously, and with the help of you ladies, I know I will reach my goal.

As for my day...grocery shopping with the family and then a workout tonight. I would have loved to go to the gym this morning, but the hubby went out on the motorcycle with his friends, so I'm being accomodating and going tonight after Maddie goes to bed. Ideally, I'd rather go in the morning, but going at any time is better than not going at all.

So, I'm cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, dinner (turkey burgers...yum!), and then the gym. Tomorrow is training with Mr. Hott again! LOL

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #281  

Neesy and Maddiesmom - now that calls for a few dancing carrots! WTG, ladies! I'm boogying around my kitchen in your honor!

Staccie - keep on hanging in there! You are doing great even though you have so much work right now!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #282  

S/C/G: See signature

Neesy and Maddiesmom - wow girls! Killer results that week....happy dance for you. Maddiesmom...you and Dance are running neck and neck with consistant weight loss, its so impressive, good for you!

Im not happy about my gain but Im not too bummed either. Thank you too everyones support for Mr. Sweet 16...errr..or not so sweet, lol. He was not forceful, I guess I wasnt clear on that issue, the issue was...when he didnt get anything, he abruptly ended the date which was what ticked me off. Anyway, I called him last night and he apologized again, he said he cant rewind time, just move forward, as long as I am willing to still talk to him, we can move slower than what we were, and I told him I would think about it and touch base with him this week, I think I still need to cool off. Ill keep you girls focused.

Mygrits - you are sooooo close to - you can do this. You rdaughters wedding is so close and you want to look awesome in those pics!

Ok...Im gonna take it easy today, Ill catch up tomorrow.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, I got back yesterday and still have 5 pages to read. I will try to catch up with everyone later tonight. Well for the weigh in, I was up 5 lbs at 221. I didnt eat horribly all week. I think a lot of it is from sodium and my legs were so swollen from the ride home. I hope to get the 5 lbs off quickly. I am back to eating on plan and getting back to my exercise routine. Hope everyone is having a great day. I will be back regularly now. I hate getting behind. I will check in later
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #284  
Sandy....

Neesy - Congratulations girl! You are doing so awesome and I am so happy for you. Your hubby will be thrilled also that you are doing so well with health, your work, and adjusting to the separation. The 100's are right there!!!

Staccie - You really put in the hours and they better appreciate you!!! Your a phenonminal employee!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry the snacks foods aren't great, but it sounds like you remedied that today. It is wonderful to see you on here too! We have missed you;-)

Maddie - Congratulations to you!! 2 lbs is fantastic. Oh, I didn't lose 6 lbs this week......LOL.........I wish!!! That is since this competition started. I actually lost 2 lbs for this past week. Thank you though. You are doing fantastic and I hope tonight is good with Mr. Hott.........LOL...........take pictures (cell phone).....LOL.

Lindy - Thank you for the congrates. I think you are smart and on target for Mr. 16. Just think about things and see what would be best for you and Gab. You will get those pounds off and it is very likely (like Maddie said) the sodium and stress. I hope this week is really great for you - on ALL levels! ;-)

Burgund - So good to know you made it home safely and had a good time. You will get the extra weight off and it is most likely (as you said) sodium, and just a change of schedule. Come on..........I KNOW you can do it!!! Welcome home

Well, today I went to the grocery store and have been cleaning a bit around the house. I am so happy to see everyone back on here, except I miss my Tiff, Basics and Hotsplashes............Where are you?????????//
Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies-I just read the 5 pages I was behind on. I am not going to try to respond to everyone. There is just way too much. Sounds like everyone is doing good with food and diet, but sorry to those of you will so much stress right now. I was exhausted today(slept til noon) so I didnt do 30ds, but I will tomorrow. I did walk the dogs though. Drank lots of water today, I drank more soda than usual in NY, so gotta get back to mainly water. I also love the vitamin waters that are only 10 calories per serving, so good. I am gonna go to bed early tonight, still kinda tired. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote