Old 08-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

You girls are just the best, I swear!

Lindy - where in CT are you from? We used to live in Fairfield County ages ago. Have fun with Mr 16 - sounds like he was super sweet and thoughtful yesterday. Where are you guys going for dinner?

Staccie - an old friend of mine always used to get dizzy and nauseous everytime she got congested with a cold so you may be on to something with your sudafed and water to flush out your system - hope it's helping. Lindy's absolutely right - you crack me up all the time - we're lucky to have you here, especially since you're so swamped at work. Aren't bubble baths the best? I take them all the time (even in summer, just lower the temp) as a way to avoid evening snacking (hard to reach the fridge from the tub).

Burgundy - you are too funny! I mentioned the bathing suit since I knew it would make me cringe, NOT feel like a hottie : ) What are you going to be up to on your NY trip? Visiting your buddy, I'm sure, but anything else? I've lived in NY a couple of times, after college and after grad school. Such a fun city!! Grab the Time Out NY weekly magazine to get really up to date listings on museums, galleries, shows, etc. Loved the designated driver story - sounds like you did great foodwise - way to go! By the way, you have been an awesome cheerleader for everyone on the board lately - I've really been noticing how share lots of positive energy!

maddiesmom - good idea! I'm going to pick up a bunch of crystal light popsicles at the grocery store on the way home as they usually fend off the munchies and make me feel like I'm having a treat. I've been out for a while so maybe that's part of the problem! Sounds like you are eating right on plan - good for you!

mygrits - you crack me up! Oh no, not the 'BIG' clothes!! Too funny! Okay, okay - consider me back on the wagon. I think part of it was doing a little clearance shopping yesterday and still really not liking what I saw in the mirror and thinking if I still look like this after losing a bunch of the weight, maybe it's hopeless which I know isn't helpful : ( I am back on plan though and will run intervals in the morning to get this sluggish metabolism of mine revved back up! I love reading about what motivates you - very eloquent! How's the wedding planning going? What are you going to wear?

My friend who's getting married soon (the one I need to wear the bridesmaid's dress for) is having her bachelorette party on the 29th - yikes! I haven't been out drinking in forever, probably since before I met my bf 7 yrs ago. Anyone know what you wear to one of these? (I sound obsessed with clothes with all of these what to wear/what are you wearing questions, don't I?) I feel way to old to be doing this!! : )

Okay - controversial topic for the day, maybe - but I can't find actual evidence anywhere that drinking a ton of water does anything for you particularly, unless you were majorly dehydrated to begin with. I'm just not a fan of drinking water plain (unless I'm super thirsty) so I've been looking for stuff to convince me and I'm not really finding it. Of course, avoiding sugary sodas or even fruit juices or other calorie-loaded drinks is clearly necessary but what horrible things am I doing to myself if I'd rather drink a big thing of crystal light than plain water? I'm not trying to mess up anyone who has a system that works for them of course - just looking for arguments to help me make decisions. I drink coffee first thing in the morning, green tea at the office during the day, and crystal light or caffeine free diet sodas in the evenings and have been all along.

Gotta get back to work but curious to hear what you guys have to say...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #137  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies,

Maddiesmom - Yes, I did get my mini workout in last night. I could have done more, but atleast I did something.

Lindy - Wow, 2 nights in a row! I am impressed. I hope your evening is awesome...........well, not tooo awesome yet! LOL.......

Staccie - So glad your feeling a 'tad' better. If it is the inner ear, I remember having that and it is just a weird feeling. Hope it is all cleared up soon. Oh, and what a lucky gal you are "Hocky Players" Woo Hoo! LOL.........

Dance - It is funny but I too am invited to a Bachelorette Party - my daughters. My first thought was that I am just too old for this......ugh! I am still debating, but know she may be persistant. They wanted me at my daughter-in-laws too......and it was fun, but after a couple of hours I was so ready to go home. If I go, I will merely where a pair of jeans and nice top........oh wait, it is soo hot here, maybe not. Oh, and drinking......totally not into it, so I may have one Margarita, but that would be it. Regarding water versus flavored drinks, even if it is Crystal Lite. I read somewhere a couple of years ago, that your body treats flavored waters like food, and it doesn't treat it like 'water.' I don't know, but when I read the whole article (can't remember it to write it hear) it made total sense. I only drink water, and one Zoe Life (vitamins) in water, and hot tea. About twice a week I will have a glass of skim milk. I don't do soda, juices, or an other flavored drinks.

No workout today, but I am going up in 20 minutes and do a mini workout like last night. My food has been good, but was more hungry today than yesterday.

I will check in later.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey girls. I did 4 miles on the treadmill today and my toes are killing me! I need new shoes. Ugh. Then I had to come home and walk the dogs forever.. I think next time I will just walk them around this outdoor track by my house and kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, I'm really not liking my city any longer and I can't wait to move. I think I will definitely move to baltimore once my husband goes to training after basic. People here are so "on edge" all the time and they constantly aggravate and test you. For example, I'm driving up a very busy street. This guy just starts walking SLOWLY out into the street on a green light meanwhile looking right at the cars as if to say.. ."what you gonna do." I hate cincinnati so badly. Sorry for going out on a tangent.. but I think this place stresses me out which in turn makes me want to eat.

But I haven't. I've been good. I tried on my "skinny jeans" today and they go all the way up but I still need to lose maybe 15-20lbs before they fit comfortably. So I think I will wear them to my hubby's graduation. It's an incentive. I haven't worn them since 2003 (18yrs old). WOW.. I feel like I'm getting old. Time flies.

Oh.. and I can't stand drinking water plain either. Unless I'm working out. Otherwise I drink crystal light lemonade or diet pop. I tried to stop drinking the diet pop.. but I got this migraine that wouldn't go away and felt shaky. I have to wean myself off the caffeine. I'm an addict.

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-19-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay. Lots to catch up on and to catch you up on.

Sandy- You are so cute! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and the theoretical kick in the A$$!

Lindy- Although I still want to win, I still hope you get your new stuff and strut your stuff if your favorite skinny jeans.

Dance- You are the last person I expected to feel that way. I think of you as SO strong. It actually made me feel good to know I wasn't alone. You really are great at motivating us all.

Vicky- I am doing okay. I really beat my self up for a few days so I am emotionally recovering. I will NOT be buying that junk again. Its so old anyways that it was chewy. Gross.

Burgundy- Thank you! He has really stepped up and listened to me for the last 24 hours. He is trying to the best of his ability to motivate with out offending me.

Staccie- You are so sweet. I needed a cheer leader. Now I have lots =)

Neesy- I have about the same before I fit into my favorite skinnies. I miss them so much. I try them on almost every day. lol. BTW your new pic is gorgeous. I LOVE IT!!!

Update on me: I am back on plan but barely. I cooked an awesome healthy crustless quiche with veggies for dinner but I ate half the pie. haha. I am trying. I sm over compensating by working out A LOT!

I talked to another over weight friend today and really got into it. I even cried. I never cry!! I get like this during diets because I am not sure what my goal and motivations are anymore. I wonder... would I rather be fat and really satisfied with all the awesome foods and smells and every thing I get to eat. Or would I rather be skinny and happy but deprive myself from most of the things that I really really love. (Example: Olive Garden, Mexican food smothered in green chillies and cheese, Chinese food galore or thai noodles) My brain says that this should be easy. Skinny right? Well... Idk. I could go on for hours.

I am back on plan. I am going to start eating all of the food on my diet instead of just what I feel like and I will push through this. I have posted a Why are you eating? sign on my fridge and I will see what I find in the next few days.

I REALLY L-O-V-E you all! I never thought I would say that in a forum or to almost strangers but I need you. More than you know! Thank you.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #140  
Sandy....

Neesy - Adorable picture! I have to ask, what's in Baltimore? Is that where your from, or do you have family there, or do you just want to go there? LOL......... I am really proud of your accomplishments, and the 4 miles, wow, that is totally impressive! I don't think I have ever gone that far. The most I did was 3 miles, which I thought would kill me. Thats awesome about getting the skinny jeans on. I need to try mine on too. LOL...... Hey now I can't have you get to far ahead of me!! Slow down!

AJ - Whats up girl! So glad you are making a U-Turn on being focused. I know it's hard, but it is so worth it. I don't want you to look at this as being deprived from the foods you love. You can still have them, but you need to learn to make them the 'healthy way.' They are not bad for you, but when you eat Fast Food, or Restaurant Foods, they are loaded with sodium and preservatives. If you can start having fun cooking, you can re-invent those same foods you love, but make them without all the sodiums and less fat. They will taste great too! Like Olive Garden, well thats Italian. You can have Lasagna, Spaghetti, Pizza and others foods, but make them with whole grain pasta, 2% cheeses, and tomato sauce it really good for you, just use the low sodium kind. Also use whole grain breads in place of white. Chinese food is healthy too, if made from home. The restaurant Chinese foods are outrageous on the sodium. However, noodles, veggies, stir fry meats and chicken with some great spices, is awesome at home. Just some thoughts for you! Many of these I make, I just go online in Google and put in something like "healthy recipes for lasagna"............Hope this helps!

Today food wise was OK, but yes I am hungry right now and my husband is eating a McDonalds hamburger next to me........Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr I will be good! Dang It! LOL.............

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 08-19-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Staccie-sounds like you caught up on some sleep. I need to do that. I think I could have slept all day today. About being a spectator, that is always me, not a drinker, so it wasnt too different than hanging out with all of them any other time. Drunk people can be quite amusing.

Lindy-we were gonna crash at my husbands cousins, but he was in such a bad mood cos he was tired so he went to car and passed out. Then he thought we locked him in there and he said he was trying to figure out how to get out of the car for 2 hours, it was funny. So he was in a mood so we came home at 4 in the morning. I'm not going to NYC(we might make a day trip there, not sure, there or woodstock) but I would love to find some knock off handbags. I have so many purses though. Hope you had a good time on your date.

Dance-not too sure what we are going to be doing yet. My friends mom is the "entertainment committee", so hopefully she finds something fun and interesting to do. Thank you for your kind words, and you are always an inspiration to me and I am sure to everyone else here. And I just drink plain water, so I dont have anything to add to that topic, sorry.

Sandy-what are your mini workouts?? Just curious

Neesy-4 miles, wow. I need to build back up to doing that many. I walk with my sister in law and she is ready to turn around way before I am. I guess I will have to go twice a day, once with and once without her.

AJ-so glad to hear you are back on plan. Your dinner sounds yummy. The sign on the fridge is a good idea. I may have to do that if I feel a binge coming on. We love you too, glad you joined us.

Today, I just felt totally drained. I cleaned a little and went on my walk. I didnt get in my 30ds, but I will tomorrow. My knee has been hurting today and TOM showed up. Why now, 2 days before my trip, I just knew it would happen. I have some packing to do tomorrow. After tomorrow, I dont know how often I will be on here the rest of the week. I am gonna get so far behind again. Oh well. I am gonna try to sleep now, Have a good night everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

AJ-Thanks=) We will fit in them perfectly at the end of this. Maybe even a smaller size.

Grits-Thank you. My husband will be in AIT in MD. Baltimore is close to where he will be.

Dancer- It's good to have a buddy.. but yeah if you feel like you can do more and have time.. you should. But.. I can't do 4 every day or anything.. I just was bored today and had to work out my stress.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #143  

Morning, ladies!

Neesy - love the new avatar pic! Awesome cheekbones : ) Both you and Lindy have so much 'tude in your pix - it's great! Nice to have someone else around who's addicted to diet soda : ) On the running shoe issue, since toes seem to slam against the front of the shoe when we run, try to make sure you have some wiggle room at the very tip of your next pair of shoes. That should help a bit : )

Burgundy - have a wonderful time on your trip if we don't get to talk to you before you leave!

AJ - So glad you're back in the game! Love you mini goal for the week - I might have to try something similar on my bf. What movie do you have in mind? I haven't been to see hardly any movies in the theater this summer for some reason - nothing that appealed, I guess.

mygrits - too funny on the bachelorette party thing - I think your strategy of leaving after a few hours is a good one!

Still at 174 after a couple of days of eating more than usual so I'm feeling lucky! Heading out for a run to see if I can lose another pound this week and get another dancing carrot!!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #144  

S/C/G: See signature

Hey Chickadees!

Ok, first -

Neesy-LOVE...love...love the pic. Wow, it really shows that you have lost weight, great cheek bones is right! Im jealous! Incorporating your dog walk is great, I cant do that because my dogs are fat and lazy and hold me back, lol.

Dance - I know where Fairfield is...thats where my family lives! Haha, small world. I am from Stratford, small city next to slummy Bridgeport (god...I hope you dont know anyone that lives there, lol...if so, please remove foot from my mouth...NOW, lol). Anyway, I hear what your saying about being extra hungry, thats kinda the same boat Ive been in. I have controlled it quite weel and am very proud of myself but I know a pushing point will come. Oh...and fingers crossed on your dancing carrot, lol.

Mygrits - PLEASE tell me you didnt give into McDonalds! I know you didnt...right? Gosh, that is so freakin hard, I can pass it by with no problem but when other people eat it next to me, ugh...thats the kicker. McDonalds is not a favorite of mine at all (except for their breakfast)...but BurgerKing, now thats another story. God how I love that Angry Whopper.

AJ- NO...let me reinforce you on this...food is not more important. There are plenty of yummy, delicious foods that are healthy. Furthermore, you can have your mexican, your olive garden, etc...just in moderation. It should be a treat, not an everyday thing. An indulgence. Dont you feel better when you look at yourself in the mirror and are looking skinny, when other girls look at you in envy? Lord knows I do. And its a **** of a lot better feeling than after stuffing my face at Olive Garden with garlic bread and braised beef tortelloni, lol. Furthermore, when your thinner and healthier you can do so much more in regards to fun activities, like hiking, or what not...ya know? THink of all those positives. Oh...and might I make a suggestion...put your most horrible "FAT PIC" on your refrigerator door. I did that and it was a good reminder to detour from what I might have had.

Ok...here I go. Work is really stressful today, I told you guys how my boss got a promotion and well, he's all over the place and is missing pieces when he's telling me what to do, so it looks like Im losing it, but I know Im not. Ill get over the hump, I just need to sit down with him and work through it. As far as the date last night...AMAZING, again. Dinner at this beautiful restaurant, then a walk around Lake Eola and yes Myygrits, things are going well...nut not "TOO WELL", if you get what I mean. Slow and steady wins the race in the relationships too, lol. Im having a severe sushi craving, so I might give in and make this my cheat day. Aside from that, not too much else going on. Ill check in later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Sandy- Thank you so much. You are awesome. I am glad you were strong last night. McDonalds is SO not worth it.

Burgundy- <3 I hope you got a great night sleep and that you feel a little bit better today.

Dancer- I want to see Julie & Julia and my husband has resited like no other. We never go to the theater and he always says its a waste of money so now he can not say anything! I also want to see the time travelers wife.

Lindy- I love that idea! I will have to find my worst pic. And your right. I know your right but sometimes my addiction to food gets the best of me. I want to have it once a year and look fabulous. Not every day and look flabby. Thank you!

Today is say one of my new mini goal so as I sit here with a glass of water and grapes I feel good and re-motivated. I am sorry about your work. I hope that you can get a handle on him. Sushi is my weakness too! Maybe Mr. perfect can take you???
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Dance-great job still being at 174 and we all know you will get that carrot before sunday.

Lindy-hope wrok doesnt get to stressful for you. Sounds like things are going smoothly with Mr 16.

AJ-I like your mini goal. I should try that one with my husband. You are going to do amazing this week.

I got on the scale this morning and it said 216.2!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy about that. That is 2 lbs this week. I am gonna update my ticker in the morning before I leave. I have to stay on plan on my trip too. I do not want to gain. I will check in later, just had to share.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #147  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies,

LOL, first, no I didn't give into McDonalds, but it was tough. I am not a big fan of their food (used to be), however to smell the aroma in the air - KILLER. Last night I had attitude after 12am. I went to bed, because I wanted to get up and workout (you know before the heatwave), well my husband was up on the computer (bright light), and the kids were upstairs with the TV going..............Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I was pissed. I got up at 1:30 and went to the couch......Grrrrrrrr....came back to bed and got up again at 2:30 pissed and went upstairs to my daughters room to sleep. I hate it when you want to sleep and everyone is still up! So needless to say I didn't work out. I was up at 7:30am (potty break), but said 'heck no' and went back to bed until 12pm..... I must say my husband was trying to be quiet and offered to go to the livingroom, but he looked comfy and I didn't want him to have to do that. OK, done venting.

Lindy - Hmmm I remember walks around Lake Eola........lol.......must have been nice. I hope today is better for you, and the Boss 'regroups'.

Burgund - Congratulations Burgund! Awesome - you are on my ARSE! LOL..My mini workouts are really mini......lol. Sometimes I climb up and down our stairs 10 times - just to get my heart rate up. I then have one of those big workout balls and will do, 20 pushups, 20 crunches, 20 butt up (legs on ball, back on floor and push up back & butt), and 20 leg lifts each. All of this takes no more than 30 mins. (if that). It is quick, but does get my heart rate up and burns calories. If I don't workout during the day, I do this and in the early evening. I don't eat in the evening so it seems to keep my body burning calories throughout the night. Oh, plus I don't sweat alot......lol.

Well, I will check in later - hope everyone has an awesome day!

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 08-20-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #148  

mygrits - bummer about your bad night's sleep!

burgundy - love the new picture! Woohoo on the 2lbs this week - you are going to look awesome in the pictures on your trip!

AJ - I just know your poor husband is headed to a chick flick soon! : )

NSV for me today - 4 miles in 48 minutes! I used to run 15min miles when I started this whole weight loss thing so it's nice to be getting faster : )
Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #149  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone - well the doctor said two things - the first is my blood pressure is very low - better than high but still a problem. He said to drink more water but not too much or it would thin out my blood and make the problem worse. Second is possibly a viral infection. I said it was my ears and they feel full but he said they look fine. I've had tons of problems with my ears and tests have shown nothing. Anyway, I am very tired - my energy level is at a bare mimimum - I would compare myself to a dimly lit christmas bulb instead of a 40watt lightbulb I am sleeping but waking up a lot. I am really going to try and workout tomorrow morning just for a bit - it's been three days now and I am feeling worse I think because of it. The food is pretty good, not eating enough so I am monitoring it more today.

Dance - I agree about nothing really certifing that drinking more water is good for you other than that is just what everyone says. I know I feel dehydrated if I don't and get headaches and stuff, but then if I drink too much I am bloated and get headaches - so I can't win. I drink Crystal light sometimes too and the occassional coke zero - particularly if I am sweating a lot. I am most thirsty after I drink my protein shake in the morning

Sandy - the party will be fun, I've been to some wild ones in the past - nothing like getting a bunch of women together when the common show-ups are blow up dolls, phalic straws and other misc items - or maybe that's just at the ones I go to - ummm I am seeing a theme here!

Neesy - great pic - love the glasses! I am planning on buying some new ones this weekend so I stop wearing my contacts all the time! Yeah on the skinny jeans - that is more important and rewarding (for me anyway) than any old scale number! Especially since you can lose inches without it showing on the scale! And when I try and wean myself off coke zero I have headaches and real grumpy. I've done it and after about 5 days it's ok. But at work there is a coke machine right outside my workspace and it hums all day and it pulls me in - more I think I drink it for something cold, fizzy and different than water. Oh and new shoes - I bought some last week and it made a huge difference - I actually talked to someone who knew what they were selling too - it helps!

AJ - like the sign! I used to have a pig that everytime I opened the fridge it snorted - half the time I just got peed off and either shut the door or threw it in the garbage (only to rescue it later). It worked for me but was embarassing when I had people over lol. And I can relate to you feeling like you are about the constant fight. But I think maybe it's a fight about changing our habits and when we get there it's not easy to maintain but we've educated ourselves about it - but for some people it's a lifelong battle to stay healthy and fit - I hope someday we all find it and able to hang on for dear life

Burgandy - TOM IS AN ARSEHOLE! He comes at the most stupid times! But I hope you have a great trip - I am so jealous! What are you doing to do while you are there? Nice pic too!!

Lindy - you sound so happy and that's so great (other than the work thing) but you definitely have lots of happy stuff to balance it out with!

Well I have to go to lunch - it's a potluck today - GREAT anyway I have a headache and not too energetic so it's an effort to each arsey food anyway!

THanks ladies for giving me a reason to a) get away from work for a bit, b) get motivated, c) feel motivated, d) share ideas, frustrations and successes and e) for just being the amazing women you are!!

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #150  

AJ - a friend of mine used to broil halibut and serve it with a homemade salsa of pineapple, jalapenos, purple onion and mango chunks.

Staccie - glad you're getting help from the doctor - was he impressed with your weight loss efforts? Hope so! Sorry to hear about your not sleeping well - that's such a bummer. I had something similar a few weeks ago and luckily it just went away on its own so fingers crossed for that to happen to you!

Bf's coming over for dinner tonight and am fixing grilled salmon and grilled veggies (adding asparagus and eggplant this time) so I'm back on plan big time! Thanks again for all your encouragement yesterday! : )