Old 08-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #61  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Wow, not going on here last night, I missed alot!

Neesy - Love your photo's. I know you feel you were heavier, but you still
look great.

Dance - Love the 80's photo and man does that bring back memories! I had the bangs teased up with the poofed up hair like Farrah - well, not quite that good. But I had he perm and all going on! LOL............

Staccie - First, love your hat! Absolutely adorable, and in your weightloss shots, boy you can tell you have lost. You look great in both, but can really see the weightloss. Your doing awesome! Oh, and the undies story, that really brought back memories!! LOL.......My mom used to by me grannie pantiees too and I also could pull them up to my shoulders. God, so unflattering!

Tiff - Tax Season already? I remember the past tax season and you were just overwhelmed with work. I hope this is quick, so we see you on here alot. I love it when your logged in daily - your such a motivator! ;-)

Lindy- Hope your having fun with Gabadoo!!!! Yes, yes, yes, I would love a 3 day 'chick' weekend. That would be awesome. Dance sounds busy, but like you said it can be a year from now, or whenever it works for everyone. I know Florida is far for many, but a cruise would be fun. If they wanted to come here, I have another option, my family has a beach house in New Smyrna we could use for long weekend too. It would be free, except for food. Its right on the beach with 2 pools - and ocean of course! LOL......Just a thought. Also, the mountains sound awesome too. I love my mountains, and in off season (not ski season) sometime you can find things cheaper. I am in though - whatever anyone wants to do!

AJ - Thank you for such kind, supportive words. I really appreciate it and love having you on here. You too, are a great inspiration.

I did get my swim in yesterday and it was nice to just take a mental break. I am alittle better - alittle. Financial stresses are still nagging at me, and yes I ate last night. I did good all day, and then just set the heck with it. I didn't go crazy, but still, I ate. I think there is just too much going on in my brain with finances, weddings, waiting for work, elderly parents, and weightloss!! This morning I woke up not feeling the best, so I didn't work out. I don't know if its a bug, hormones, or just stress, but I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach. I still have my workout clothes on determined to go do something, but so far I'm not up to it. After a yucky week, and not real workouts taking place, I will be thrilled if I maintained my weightloss from last week!

Will check in later, and you ladie on the 30DS I am sooooooo proud of you! You all are doing awesome!
Old 08-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Staccie-you look great at 190. I have pics too, just found them

Lindy-a get together of some sorts would be great, I mentioned something like that to my husband the other day. I would love to meet all of you and think we are all going to be lifelong friends

Dance-congrats on the 2 lbs and your pic isnt bad. Not like mine, wait til you see how HUGE I was.

Sandy-hope you get to feeling better and get a workout in today.

I havent done my workout yet today, but I will. Just got home. Spent a nice day with my husband. Ok, here are my pictures, beware!!!!!!

At my heaviest, not sure of my weight here

I was around 195 here

June 05 bathing suit(195lbs)

August 09 bathing suit(222lbs)
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #63  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

So I took my befores last night, and compared them to all of my pictures. I have actually taken pictures at about every 10 lbs, so I have alot to compare them too. It was depressing. I have lost just of 60 lbs...20% of my body weight almost. I feel like that is huge. But I can barely tell when I compare pictures in just about the same pose. I mean, yes I can tell in my face, which is kinda good, cause that's what people see the most. But I feel like I should be able to tell EVERYWHERE! In some pictures I feel like I actually look fatter in some places. Like my arms...omg....they are not shrinking...they were big before but now seem even bigger! It is my worst feature and my arms ruined some of my wedding pictures that would have been great otherwise if they hadn't shown a huge mass of flab. And we won't even talk about the one picture where the photographer caught me with my arm up...can we say batwings...UGH.

I know I'm complaining and whining. I know everyone has bigger concerns than the size of my arms. But it's just upsetting me today that I have been at this so long and lost what feels like so much but it's no where near enough. Ugh. Ok I'm done. Just ignore me if you want. Just had to get it out on "paper"
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #64  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

And no, I can't post my before...even though I suggested it. Maybe if there is a big enough difference in my befores and afters I will post them at the end. But at this point my ego would just be gone if I posted those pictures on the internet.
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #65  
Sandy....

Tiff - You looked beautiful in your wedding photo's and I didn't notice your arms. I also bet nobody else did. That is something your conscious about, but doesn't mean it would ruin the pictures for other to see, because they probably wouldn't even notice. I hate my arms too, and lets not forget the thunder thighs and a**!!! I am always gripping about my pictures and my husband always says how awesome I look. He then told me years back, "Sandy, only you notice that stuff, everybody else thinks you look great." It was at that point I realized it was ME seeing the negatives on me.

Burgund - Wow, you can see the weightloss girl. You look wonderful in the blue bathing suit (June 5th). You go girl - your on your way!!

I didn't know we were doing pic's, but here are mine. I lost alot of weight 2 years ago and will post what I got down too, of course I gained back some from the stress of last year. The first one I was at 270lbs (still can't believe it), the second one at about 205, and then the last one at 183. Gosh I wish I was still there!!!

Anyway, still feeling dizzy and just funky, so no workout today. I just don't think it is a good idea. I haven't eaten much either. Tomorrow, if I am better I will, I will, I will workout. It's funny, but I actually miss it LOLO...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-10-2006-05.jpg (21.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2007-202.2-2.jpg (26.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 2007-183.3-2.jpg (56.0 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by mygritsconfessions; 08-15-2009 at 06:32 PM.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Staccie - love your skinny pic! Isn't it fun to know exactly what you're aiming for?

mygrits - good for you for getting in your swim! look at your teeny tiny waist in the last pic - amazing!!!

Tifftiff - no worries if you don't want to post a before - we were all thrilled to see you in your wedding dress! AJ got us started but I think for some of us it's motivational to share with the rest our progress so far but the last thing we want to do is make anyone feel bad : )

Burgundy - love the cute light blue suit in your 195 pic and you look very toned!

I ended up getting a later start than I wanted on my run and just died in the heat, such a bummer! BF is coming over for dinner - lean steak, grilled eggplant, sauteed zucchini and strawberries for dessert. Can you tell I'm getting hungry already?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #67  

Tiff-you looked amazing in your wedding dress. You can share your pictures with us when you are ready. I just shared mine to look at where I was and to motivate myself to get back there.

Sandy-the bottom pic is now, the one with the strapless bathing suit. The other bathing suit is June 2005. I was 195lbs and am so ready to get back there. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. You look great in the last pic, like dance said, such a tiny waist.

Dance-thanks for the compliments. I was walking and riding my bike during the dayand doing short workouts at night, when I lost those 32 lbs. I gained like 8 back from 2006-Dec2007, then the other 32 in 2008. I am ready to do this and get back to that. I can really tell my legs where smaller. I want it again.

I just got home, went out for dinner. We had..................pizza, but I only had 1 slice and a salad. Now I need to workout. Gonna get that done and hope for a loss tomorrow. I hope we all have losses.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #68  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies,
You are all posting your "before" pics...I felt so fat in the past that I never allowed pics to be taken of me. My heaviest (other than being pregnant) was my wedding day, but thank goodness the dress covered up the thunder thighs, and I hated my arms too, so luckily I found a dress that had sleeves.

Still no workout but have begun to feel better. The back hurts here and there and I overdid it yesterday, as my sister in law and boyfriend (whom we haven't met) came over for a bbq with my mother in law. My MIL is a huge stress for me, and I find that when she comes over, I eat more. She is one of those people who will give you a back handed compliment that is more like an insult and she never shuts up. So, I always tend to eat more.

Well, I turned the cycle around yesterday. My SIL brought over this shrimp, avocado, red onion dip with tortilla chips. I started to eat mindlessly, then thought, "Do I really want this?" and walked away. Dinner, I did really well. While they were scarfing down cheeseburgers and corn on the cob with a pound of salt and butter, I made myself a turkey burger and had some roasted veggies. They made brownies for dessert, and I didn't have a single one, so I did really well.

Sandy: hope you're feeling better soon. It's tough watching what you eat, etc. when you are under so much stress and you feel helpless. Trust me, I know the feeling. Keep your head up high and know that we're here whenever you need someone to talk to.

Lindy: I think it would be great to meet! The downside is that I have a little one, so I'm not sure how I could work that out, but if we plan far enough ahead, I'm sure plans can be made. How was it at Universal? Eating wise as well?

Burgundy: You are doing so well! Your pics now definitely show a loss. I think it's funny in all of your pics, your dogs are in the photo as well. Definitely not camera shy!

Hope you are all doing well and we'll talk after weigh in. We'll see how it goes, I had an entire week without working out and it's TOM. Fun times!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Lindy- I'm so in for a vacation. I'm always looking for an excuse to have a vacation. So, definitely! I LOVE cruises. I may even use the gym on the next one.. haha

Grits- You looked great in all your photos!

Tiff- I know there's a difference. That is ALOT of weight to lose. I'm always looking at the negative too. I still feel as fat as I did when I was 30lbs heavier. I don't feel like I look that different except for the fact my clothes got too big. I can't wait to see the before/after pics one day.

Maddiesmom- It sounds like you did pretty well. Way to go on saying no to the brownies!

I got a letter from my husband today. It's actually the third one I've gotten this week. They all sound like he's miserable.. he just keeps saying how he feels like he's in prison and he's homesick. It breaks my heart... but at the same time.. I'm just glad to hear from him at all. I was thinking about doing travel nursing while he is in training in maryland. That way I can see him on the weekends and some weeknights. I'm just scared he will get deployed right after training so I want to spend as much time with him as I can. Travel nursing has 4, 8, 12 wk assignments. They give you a furnished condo with all utilities paid and the hourly pay is double what I make now. So... all positives to me. The only downside is that I would be in a new strange place and I really have to be on top of my game to just go in a place and start work immediately without an orientation. I wrote my husband about it.. we'll see what he thinks. I can't send any of my letters until he gets placed in a platoon or something. So I have a ton of letters stacked up and ready to go and just waiting on an address.

Anyway, I have to work tomorrow. So, I will log in tomorrow night with my weigh in. Goodnight girls!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #70  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies! First I have to tell you - I had a great lunch with my friend and kept it very healthy - then we went to the movie and I got a small bag of popcorn (now popcorn is my most favorite food ever) and I usually eat a large so I wasn't too bothered by it- anyway at the end of the move (I saw District 9 - it is very disturbing but best movie I have seen in years) I spent like 1/2 hour in washroom and I still feel yucky poo. They say it takes 6 hours to digest but I paid dearly for that popcorn. My body was giving me a severe spanking!! I think it turned me off forever - the cramps were so bad I was crying. Horrible. Anyway the rest of the day was good. I am hanging out at home tonight as the popcorn incident made me a little tired!

Sandy - you are sooo pretty - and I like all of your pics and in the last one you look so proud and happy. You remind me of a southren belle I hope as the day progressed you felt better.

Tiff - I have major issues with my arms too - other than my arse it's the last place I lose weight and I'm self conscious of the batwings too. I'm working on them 3 days a week (with weights) and it's reduced the cellulite a bit already. We definitely all have our spots!! I try to find spots that I like or have a bit more control over. I have dimples around my ribs and when I start losing weight they smile. I hated them before but now I see them as a unique thing. If my arms continue to be a problem I will just focus on the other body parts. But just think how far you've come....and how much healthier you get everyday!

Burgandy - wow the hair - beautiful and cute poochies (your dogs lol). We are around the same weight right now so let's keep on going!

Dance - you made me hungry - your dinner sounds sooo good! I really need to start cooking something more exciting!!! Hope you had a nice night!

Vicky - good control...it feels good to walk away!

Neesy - good luck on making the best choice for you and your husband...

And I am in for a vacation, just dependent on where I am as in six months I have no idea! So strange to have that!!

Well I am doing to relax and drink a ton of water. I hope that popcorn doesn't blow my weigh in tomorrow!!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #71  

Maddiesmom-way to go on not indulging. Hope your back is better soon so you can get back to your workouts.

Neesy-A girl I graduated with does travel nursing, she really seems to enjoy it. Hope you get that address soon!!

Staccie-I want my hair that long again. I love it, I am growing it out, but its taking forever. I love popcorn, sorry it messed with you.

I got my workout in. I am sweating and need to get in the shower, just wanted to check in before. I am addicted to us!! I am looking forward to weighing tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 PM   #72  
Sandy....

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the well wishes. I am a bit better as far as the dizziness and yucky feeling. The stress.....well.......hopefully soon. I think that is why I love working out, as it really helps me release that tightened up feeling I get from 'thinking' too much about finances. Anyway, I do appreciate all of you saying suck supportive, kind words to me. It really does mean alot.

Now Dance, thank you for the 'tiny waist' comment. I loved it when I was that size. I wish it would have lasted longer. I think I became too confident that I had my food and life under control. A tremendous about of stress hit us when we started caring for my father-in-law with Stage 4 cancer, and well food followed. I couldn't eat fast enough. Bye the way, your dinner sounded absolutely delicious! I hope you had a wonderful evening with your BF.

Neesy - Travel Nursing sounds wonderful. I mean alot of positives all the way around, except like you said the orientation. I am sure your skilled enough to not need that though! LOL......Your husband I know misses you terribly and I pray in a couple of more weeks he feel more comfortable in his environment. Once friendships are made and the muscles aren't sore anymore - I think it does get better. What is his major, or his career choice? I know that has a factor in immediate deployment or not. My daughters best-friends husband went in the Army and loves it. No deployments since he enlisted two years ago. He is in Nursing.

Burgurnd - Wow, your really 'focused' girl! One piece of pizza - I couldn't have done it! LOL......Good for you. I am also impressed with your workout routine!!!!!! I know you will be smiling tomorrow when you weigh in. I am really proud of you!

Brown-eyes - Thank you for the compliment. I felt pretty back then. I will again soon, just need to unload this stress and life will be brighter. Hooked on popcorn huh? I remember when I was. I had it bad though - tons of butter, and more butter......LOL..

Maddiesmom - You and me grounded for the week from workouts......lol......I am soooo proud of you though - Avocado Dip! Yummm. That would have been dangerous if I were there. The brownies too. However, if they were from an unkind MIL then I think I would have walked away too....LOL.... It is interesting you say you eat more when your MIL is present running her mouth. It made me think about my eating habits when certain people are present and I too tend to snack more. I know I do when under emotional stress (like now). I am proud of you sticking to your healthy eating. That reallly shows how strong you are. I am also glad your feeling better!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #73  

Seems like everyone is having the same idea. I took pics last night to change my avatar. Will upload them tomorrow and do that.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Neesy- I think that is a great idea. I moved out to LA for 2 years to be close to base and it made a whole world of difference. I hope he starts feeling well once the *** kicking part is over.

Sandy- I am so sorry that you are ill. I was that way all of last week. 3 days I thought I was going to faint. Extra watery fruit helped me (watermelon, cantaloupe, ect...)

Lindy- LOVE THE NEW PIC!!

Burgundy- Can't wait to see the new avitar.

Brown eyed- I think you will do fantastic tomorrow.

GOOD NEWS!! Day one of 30ds.... DONE. So friggin hard. And I got my husband to do it with me and he is even more tired than I am. He is also now counting calories and supporting me more. That feels fantastic. Although I am back on plan and working out again I am sure my weight loss is marginal or non existant this week so my hope is that ALL of you did 20x better than me! <3
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 AM   #75  

S/C/G: See signature

Good morning ladies!

Wow...you guys are soo busy. I tried to upload before and after pics in my last post but have such issues with 3FC, I just gave up. So sorry. Its funny, because what most of you consider to be your worst pic, Im like...what?! She looks so cute. lol...I guess its how we perceive ourselfs.

OH...I am so excited about your guys being on board for a get together. As we work towards the end of this year, we can start really coordinating something. Maybe even work it around tax returns so its a little easier financially? At least...for those that get money back. lol

Ok...today is weigh in day and where am I - 185...STILL. BLAH...grrrr...boo-hoo. Im not going to let this get me down, I refuse. THis is week 3 Im going into...if I dont lose anything this week, then I have issues, but week 1 and 2...sure, I could have hit my plateau. Well, I have shin splints (again), so I cant run for a couple of days. But, Im going to take a brisk walk to do something. Also...with the exercises that Jillian does, I think Im going to have to skip 30DS for a few days too....crap, I really wanted to see what it was like to do 30DS straight. Oh well.

Burgundy - how you holding up girl....10 days straight, right? lol

Ill check in later. Going for my walk now.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote