Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #16  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Congratulations Tiff - I bet you looked gorgeous - and it will be nice to have you on here daily too - your posts are always amazing

Sandy - sorry about the headache, I avoided it today and I am glad but I find them hard to deal with sometimes!

Now if I could just stay awake for a few more hours to get work done...but I'm peetering out really bad now. But I am going to continue to work out as a priority, I can already tell I am starting to feel a bit better again. I have decided to not spin until next week. Sometimes I try to do too much at once and then I get tired and burn out - so work my way up to that next week. I think that's why I fall off the wagon a lot is because I push myself too hard. Moderation is not a word that I abide by in my life but I am thinking that going a bit slower at first will help keep me motivated.

I hope you all have a great night! I am away for most of the day tomorrow so logging on will be tough but I definitely will tomorrow night!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #17  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Holy cow!! I'm gone for a day or two and the board blows up! Well, let's get started:

AJ: don't worry about a few days of being off the wagon. Everyone has slips ups from time to time. Just see what triggered the slip ups and it can help you to avoid them in the future.

Tiff: Congrats married lady! Glad everything went well. We know you'll get back on track, you were a driving force early on in the thread, so I know you will be again. You'll get into a new routine and be as good as gold.

Sandy: Sorry about the headaches...did you go to a doc or something to see what's causing them? I get them every once in awhile, more constant when under stress. The worst are migraines, so hopefully your headaches don't turn into that. I know it's hard to stay motivated when you're not feeling well.

Dance: Good job not eating the chips and salsa!! They are really a downfall of mine as well. A friend at work made this WW low-fat mexican dip with baked Tostitos to dip...I need to get that recipe and share, it was awesome.

Burgundy: Way to go on level 3 of 30DS! I still have yet to go back to it, but if you and LIndy both see great results, I may have to dust it off and try again. I'm still hooked on the gym though...guess I'm not a "DVD person." Which, I probably shoulda guess from the other 100's of dollars I've spent on all the other DVD's gathering dust! LOL

Staccie: great job on the workout. Hey, and hour is still better than nothing! When I do weights, it is usually an hour and a half, cardio is about an hour. Way to go and find some "me time."

As for me, I'm still out of commission from my back. It's beginning to feel better, but the meds I'm on make me so dizzy and tired. I'm going to try and do a light workout on Saturday, see how it goes. I don't want to hurt myself, so I'll take it easy. My trainer, who is leaving me is going to suggest a new trainer, so I'll be getting back into that soon. SO YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH YOURSELVES! LOL Since hurting my back, I've begun to realize that I'm getting into the routine of working out, and feeling good after my workouts. Since I've been out since Saturday, I feel so lazy, but I can't do anything about it!

Question: when you guys take a day/days off from working out, do you find that you are hungrier on those days? I have been ravenous the past few days and the only thing I've changed is no exercise. Still doing well eating-wise. Breakfast: Sweet and salty bar, snack: grapes, lunch: Lean Cuisine and side salad, snack: banana. Dinner grilled chix breast with green beans. Not too shabby.

Be back tomorrow!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Tiff-I'm so glad you're back. I missed you! Congratulations! I can't wait to see the photos!

Thanks for all the encouragment girls. You always make me feel better=)
I will catch up more tomorrow. I'm exhausted and going to bed. I'm off tomorrow. YES!!!! Goodnight!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #19  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Ack...my computer is down for a couple of days and I miss a gazillion posts!

Tiff- Welcome back and congrats on becoming a wifey!!!

MaddiesMom- ouch-- sorry to hear about your back, hopefully this rest time will do you well.

I'm going to try logging in daily and catch up from here ladies. I've been doing pretty well the last couple of days with exercise and food..although- ack, tonight I didn't have dinner until 9:00 and ate a wheat bagel...not incredibly healthy, but just wanted something quick. However, I did resist having anything from McD's when my daughter had an earlier dinner-- and said no to the DQ after soccer tonight..whoo whoo-- all of your encouragement works so great -- thank you ladies!
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #20  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Maddiesmom - I just saw your note, and yeah busy board. I keep logging in to make sure I don't fall too far behind! LOL.......Anyway, I have always been prone to headaches, most are from hormone imbalance and the all famous sinus headaches. I have had them more frequently the last 5 or so years due to premenopause........fun getting old! Anyway, Tom came a few days ago, so I think this is due to that. I try aspirin and if nothing miraculous happens, I just try to do different things to help it ease up. It sucks, but nobody said menopause would be fun! LOL..........

Sorry about your back, and YES, I eat more on days I don't workout. I think it's due to the working out speeding up my metabolism which burns fat and makes me not as hungry. Due take it easy on Saturday with the trainer, so more injury doesn't occur.

Hope tomorrow is good!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #21  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Well girls, day 1 on plan went perfect! I ate REALLY well, kept in my calories, and went to the gym. I did 20 mins on the elliptical and then 20 on the treadmill. It actually didn't feel like I had ever stopped working out. Like I just picked it back up like I had just worked out yesterday.

I want to say something to Dance and Lindy, that I have been meaning to say for a while. Not to exclude anyone, but more to point out something exemplary in you two. You both have an amazing gift with words that I envy. See, I am a numbers person and not good with words. You two, I have always noticed, always know exactly what to say and seem to always have the most insightful advice. Like when anyone is having a problem or things just aren't going as plan, your advice and words just amaze me. You come up with these ideas that would never even think of! Anyways, just wanted to say that. Each of us bring something to this thread, and I think I noticed this about you two because it is a skill that I completely lack. I am not a good advice person. I am more of a listener. Alot of times, when people come to me with their problems, I can listen and ask questions that may lead them towards the solution, but I never have good advice. That is just a weakness I guess.

2nd thing: Lindy and I think Burgandy...you two impress me beyond belief with how long you have consistently done the 30DS. The DVD killed me and I think I am actually terrified to try it again. I failed miserably at it! LOL. So you guys amaze me...lol.

Staccie: GO TO LONDON!!! That would be soooooo awesome to live abroad. I would love to one day. The only thing I don't know about is my pets. I don't know how I could leave them!

AJ: I am not sure if I have ever said welcome in my sporadic visits, but if not, WELCOME! I'm so glad you are part of our group now! 5 lbs lost in one week is AWESOME at your weight!

MaddiesMom: I'm glad your back is feeling a bit better. I am no stranger to back pain. I have pulled my back in some pretty weird ways, including painting, 1 yoga class, and just last week by wearing heels and walking too much in them. Weak backs run in my family, so I think I am pretty much destined for it.

Mygrits, Neesy, and everyone else...thank you for the congrats!

Oh and one last thing since this post is getting pretty long, I am soooo jealous of ya'lls food portion of your diets. I just cannot seem to get into a plan to cook and have these well balanced meals. I tend to rely on the processed foods like granola bars, whole grain waffles, lean cuisines and some fruit. Any tips to help me learn how to get my butt in the kitchen and cook?
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I still want lindy's nummy soup recipe!!! [email protected]

Tiff- thank you for the welcome. I feel like I know you after reading everything.

Basics- great job with the fast food! The whole time to stop eating thing is hard for me too. Not enough hours in the day to get it all in by early.

Goodnight from the rocky mountains. Maybe I will post a pretty pic tomorrow.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: See signature

Morning girls!

Wow..you sure are busy when Im in bed sleeping, lol. Yesterday was a beyond excellent day. I need to be careful how low I go in calories though. I used to be excited if I hit a 1200 calorie day but with the level of exercise that I am doing, according to my heart monitor, in exercise alone...I am burning about 600 calories a day, thats not even at rest! Soooo....I should not fall under 1800. Wow...after much research, this whole weigh tloss thing is actually starting to make sense. Moving on....

Maddiesmom - You have to be sooooo careful when you work out with the trainer on Saturday. I mean, I imagine that once you tell them (if you havent already), they wil do a light weight routine for you, but Ill touch on the thought again...does your gym do water aerobics? I know at my gym, nothing but "older" people do it, lol...but its so much fun and really is beneficial. Nonetheless....I really hope you start feeling better. I can totally relate on craving the exercise. Hmmmm...as far as feeling extra hungry on non-gym days...yes, I actually tend to agree with that comment. My rest days are usually Sunday and man oh man do I indulge, lol. I warn everyone, so not put your hands even close to my mouth on Sunday's lol.

Neesy - how you holding up girly? Getting a little bit better? Hows the diet and exercise routine going now that your back to your long work days? You KNOW Im here to hold you accountable, right? lol - common girl...we have to make you smokin hot for your hubbys return.

Back2Basics - woo-freakin-who, yes...I said freakin...lol, because you made it to McDonalds and DQ qithout anything for yourself. WOW!!! This is big. As a fellow mommy of young one, I know this is hard. I have self control to drive past Burger King and say no, but its hard when your actually in line and then ITS IN YOUR CAR!!! Ahhhhh! So, BIG hats off to you. <clapping and whistles> lol

Mygrits - feeling any better these days? Did you get your swim in yesterday? There was a TERRIBLE storm all night last night, so Gab and I really didnt have any outdoor time.

Tiff- WOW, what a compliment. THank you so much, that is very....very kind of you and it completely made my day. You are soooo right, everyone in the forum contributes to making this a great group, including you. When I was in a funk a few months back you were my steam engine to keep pushing and I dont think you have any clue how appreciative I was of that...so, Ill say it now...THANK YOU! I swear, we are not that far from each other. You, me and Mygrits need to work out a day for lunch and shopping, maybe set a goal and once we are all there...set up a date? Thoughts? It would be so much fun! Oh...and dont let my cooking fool you. I am no master chef, I just pick ridiculously easy meals. Ie: tilapia and mango salsa...I buy the premade salsa from Publix, throw 2 tablesspoons on top of a tilapia filet and bake it in the over for 30 minutes. Thats it! Soooo easy. One thing I hate making that is so simple is salads, it just seems like too much "prep work". If my mom heard me saying this, she would be on the floor laughing (and probably crying)..."what Nicole, salads are hard to make, you have to be kidding me"....lol....yeah, we'll keep that one to ourselves.

AJ - I totally forgot, you had requested that from me before. Which soup recipe was it? I have a couple of healthy ones. My favorite is with Kale, Beans and Spicy Turkey Sausage...is that it? I babble so much, I cant remember what I say anymore, lol.

Ok...so, I get to pass on the sushi today, which is a good thing because I feel kinda bloated today, for some reason, so soy sauce and wasabi is probably not the best idea. Ill have a salad with cheese and chicken and some extra virgin olive oil....mmmmmm...salivating....is it 1130 yet?
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #24  

WOAH NELLY! I got ahead of myself in posting a novel, sorry girls...Ill try to keep my "author" persona at a minimum, this is my worst one yet. lol
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Morning, girls! Wow - lots to catch up on...

Tiff - Major congrats on your wedding! So fun to share it with you vicariously and can't wait to see how gorgeous you looked in your dress. You're such a sweetie for your comments - and you're awfully eloquent for someone who supposedly isn't a words person : ) This is such a great group and we all bring a unique perspective. Really glad I found you guys! So glad you're back with us and committed to your plan. Naples is beautiful - went there for work for the first time last year. Since the gym is so far away, are there some nearby things you could do on non-gym days when it isn't too hot to save yourself the drive time? Brisk walk around the neighborhood/on the beach? Bellydance or any kind of exercise videos at home? On the cooking front, hmmm... Maybe start slow by taking a chunk of time on, say, Sunday afternoon to make a big pot of turkey vegetable chili, freeze some of it in ziploc bags for future meals and then have it a few times during the week in different ways (over brown rice, in a wholegrain tortilla as a burrito, over lettuce as a taco salad). What do you think?

Staccie - hang in there! I hear you on the moderation issue - it's tricky trying to understand why we are drawn to one extreme or the other.

Maddiesmom - I echo Lindy's concern about hitting the gym with a trainer so soon after your injury. And absolutely - I think exercise is a major appetite suppressant for me - I get the munchies much more on days when I don't workout.

Back2basics- way to show restraint!

Neesy - what are you doing with your day off?

mygrits - hope you're finally feeling better!

lindy - congrats on having such a good day - you rock, girl!

Gotta head off to run before it gets too hot - will check back in later. Hugs all around!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #26  

God help me today...somewhere between my morning post and now...I have been taken over by "hungry". I am STARVING!!! I gave into a cup of plain raisin bran and am still dying here. I am planning on eating a trough (sp?) of lettuce and chicken for lunch. It may be more than Im used to, but at least Im less likely to binge. Ok, so Im as 2.5 weeks of this strict, low carb, no-to low sugar diet and this is definately an obstacle day, minus the pizza snafu on Sunday after my horribly depressing weigh in. I am already at 9 glasses of water today and its only 11 a.m., this is not a bad thing but it cna give you a clear indication that all the water in the world isnt going to help with this one. **sigh** - I CAN DO THIS, I WILL DO THIS! I am Shera, hear me roar...lol. Sorry, just had to go off on a tangent. Common 1130...get here already so I can vacuum up my lunch, lol.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Hang in there, Lindy!

Am totally beat from my first run using intervals of higher speeds and I'm whupped(sp?)!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #28  

Dance - thanks for the words of encouragement. I think it has passed, thank god. I did have a HUGE lunch, but a very healthy one. I had a big..big...bowl of field greens salad with a little feta cheese, 8 oz. of boneless, skinless chicken breast and topped with extra virgin olive oil. It was BIG but well worth it, especially bc of my fair of binge eating being so hungry. So...the hunger is done. For a snack, I grabbed some more field greens salad, added some cherry tomatoes and a side of extra virgin oilve oil. I also have some raw sugar snap peas. For dinner...shrimp with black beans and squash...maybe some salsa.

Last edited by luckylindy; 08-13-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Dance-I'm just going to relax today. Nothing big. I wanted to go get some new clothes.. but that would just be pointless. I'll just wait until I get 20 more pounds off. ..

Lindy-I'm hanging in there. My diet plan is going really good. I will go to they gym later tonight. I have been eating really well. I am noticing a difference already. It feels good. I have been walking a lot more lately too because it's up to me to take my dogs out. I was spoiled before. haha I am so going to look HOT at graduation. I can't wait. I'm focused!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #30  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Wow, busy place today! Hope everyone is doing great so far! I'm hanging in there pretty good - I managed to get home by 9PM and in bed by 1030 and up for a good workout, I feel great today even though I see loonnngg days ahead. What a difference it makes! I do have a few animal crackers that I am snacking on right now but considering the stress I'm under that's pretty damn good!

Vicky: Best of luck on the back situation! It's so true that once you get into a routine of working out its a real drag for your body to get none. And yes, I get very hungry and munchy on my days off from the gym. I think my mind thinks oh no workout means eat bad - so I am trying to do a little exercise on my off days but not excessive - until I train myself a little better! I found that if I eat something crunchy (carrots, celery, microwave popcorn etc) it helps for some odd reason (maybe replacing chips?)

Tiff: I am jealous too, I eat so boring all the time!!!

Lindy - you can do it - and you are doing great and are a major source of inspiration!

Dance - you are rocking the intervals I bet - GREAT TRAINING! I did it before and had amazing results!

I will try and log in later...I'm here at work until late again and people keep stopping by and wondering what I am doing - probably thinking I am online trying to find a bf or something!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote