Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #121  

Wow--there are a lot of posts. I am reading even if I am not replying. I like the mini-challenge--it will be fun to see how far I go!!

I am just starting (again) these healthy changes and I know I need to make more of them. This will be a great challenge for me!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Well girls - I just got done playing 2-hand touch football at work. 60 miles closer to the Plantation! hew: These guys play serious! and I'm WINDED! There were 4 teams, each with 6 players. there were only 4 girls that played, and 2 of them were on my team (they were randomly drawn). We were called the Princesses! The Chief Legal Counsel named the teams... his was the Gladiators. Well Guess what - THE PRINCESSES BEAT THE GLADIATORS!!! MY TEAM WON BY AN AMAZING TOUCHDOWN CATCH BY DOTTIE! The other girl on my team! The other two teams that played were the powder puffs and the cupcakes. We'll play the Powder puffs next week!

According to my fitness pal - 60 minutes of flag/tough football burns an AMAZING 673 CALORIES! HOLY COW!!! That's INCREDIBLE!! What a GREAT WORKOUT TO DO the DAY BEFORE WEIGH IN!!! I'm still going to do 30DS tonight though... I don't want to skip a day, and I'm getting excited to move on to level 3. tonight's day 5 of level 2.

It was AWESOME and A TON of FUN! I'm SO GLAD that I did it! Last year I was one that sat on the sideline and didn't participate at all... just watched because I was embarrassed about being the biggest girl out there. Well I'm still the biggest one out there - but I'm not NEARLY as embarrassed! - and I have a TON more energy and endurance then I did last year. It's one thing to be big - it's another to be completely winded after 3 minutes!

Ok - sorry for the rambling... I'm just So PROUD of myself right now! :
Old 10-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #123  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert View Post
blue: What a small world! Aww, what kind of puppy do you have? We got a pumpkin costume for our boston and we're going to let him greet the kids. We usually only get a couple out here in Buena Creek.
We have a long-haired/shot-haired chihuahua mix. I have attached a recent pic of him. We have had him for almost 2 weeks and boy, is he a handful! That sounds adorable! I always had cats growing up, but I am lovin' havin' a dog!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jars and Lijah 045--small.JPG (20.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #124  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Eny! That flag/touch football game sounded like a freaking blast! I know I would be covered in bruises and whatnot by the end.. but that doesn't make it any less fun!

Melissa: So I shouldn't start tracking minutes until the 31st? Is that how it goes?

I've started volunteering pretty much full time at Red Cross. they even gave me my own office there! how fun is that?! So finally I had.. at least an illusion of a job until I get my work visa over here.. and now's the time where I have to start figuring out how to incorporate real life with my healthy living life into one. i have been lucky these last few months with no job to worry about and lots of time for excersize.. cooking and all that stuff.. Anyway.. a new challenge for me and I know I won't let myself down. i will find time to workout! and I WONT eat crap!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~That is so awesome!! Your team won by a touchdown caught by a girl!!!!! That probably stuck in the other teams craw!!!! I am so proud of you for getting out there and having a ton of fun!!!!!!! I will see you at the Thanksgiving party at the plantation!! I can't wait!! YOU ROCK GIRL!!!! Pat

Mel~I can or can not count my 120 minutes in the pool? I be confused about this! Don't want to cheat.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 10-30-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Hey ladies,

I'm new to the group, but I am really excited about this challenge...is it too late to join in the holiday cheer-leading for weight loss? I need some serious support!

SW: 162
GW in 5 weeks: 154

Thanks and Good luck!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

To answer all the questions about when to start tracking points......

The mini challenge officially starts tomorrow (31st) and goes till the end of the challenge...

I mainly posted it today so everyone could get the idea of it and plan accordingly to their exercise plan.....and figure out how many minutes of exercise they would need to do per week or day to meet the goal of 500 minutes....

So....I'm going to start counting my minutes tomorrow at the start of the new week.....

Is that right Eny....Friday's start the week and Thursday is the last day of the week....in the new challenge?
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #128  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
We have a long-haired/shot-haired chihuahua mix.
AAAAAWWWWW!!! How cute is he!!!!!! Precious baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I'm just So PROUD of myself right now! :
Glad you had fun Eny! I can't tell you how many times I've been a wall flower or a bench warmer! (But I'm very shy so that has a lot to do with it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaGettinFit View Post
Blue--I have a little trampoline and loved it, until the springs started breaking off because I apparently am too heavy now it's used by the kids only I hope you have better luck finding a good one, they are SO fun! If you can get past that desperate need to pee every time you come down.
Hehehe! Funny you should mention pee ... I tried out a moon bounce once and could hardly hold it! Gravity was working against me there! But talk about some serious air time! No wonder kids love those things! The trampoline I got is here. It doesn't have springs, it's got a heavy duty fabric of some sort. Seems pretty sturdy. (Oh yeah, the description isn't right. There is no handle bar with this model.)

Last edited by Blue Serenity; 10-30-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:27 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

blue: Awww! He's so cute! I've always been a dog person, but I always had big ones. Rocky is my first small dog and I love that I can pick him up and carry him around. Your boy is going to even tinier!

Eny: That sounds like so much fun! Congrats on the win!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #130  

Melissa--You can boil beans for a little bit then put them in the crockpot over night, I do that and put them in the night before I want them, a huge pot, then refigerate or freeze the leftovers....usually fridge because they get eaten up next day most times.

Faux--WOW you finished that is a big accomplishment, congrats.

I can't get a siggy yet I guess, so will just have to update with my weigh ins.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Mel~~~AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I just got back from a 30 minute walk to the local grocery store. Even though it doesn't count towards the party it DOES count towards weight loss. Okay I am ready for tomorrow!!! Thanks for getting me straightened out on this. Pat
Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #132  

Dumplin - I'm afraid sign ups have ended; however, all that means is that Eny will not be tracking your info for the challenge and if you miss a weigh in you won't get taken off the list of participants.......you are more than welcome to come here and post as often as you like and tell us your progress, give and get support, and play in the challenges! This challenge is only 4 weeks long....but Eny will start another one at the end of this one....stick around so you can see how they work!

mamagettingfit - I keep forgetting about the crokpot....thank you sooo much!

Eny - Congrats on getting in the exercise while having fun! Sounds like this is something you could initiate at home and get the whole family involved!

Fauxtini - I'm so proud of you for finishing C25K. I just couldn't hang after after week 4....I could control my breathing but my legs ere killing me! I'm going to try again when I get around 180

Blueeyedgirl - that puppy is adorable!!!

Well everyone....I have got my menu made out for next week. I am leaving to go grocery shopping when the baby wakes up......wish me luck...

I will let you know how much I spent when I get back!

Later
Melissa
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #133  

Dixiemae - Sorry I know everyone is really eager toget started....but your right....even though it doesn't count towards the challenge it will count towards weight loss

WOW...I have the feeling some of you are going to arrive at "Plymouth Plantation" really fast!

So.....who thinks they will get there first????
Old 10-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #134  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

The sign-up thread is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154667

You are right, it does say thru today. Also, the first post of this thread says thru today. Eny probably just got ahead of herself!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Dumplin - I pm'd you back. Welcome!
Closed Thread