Old 04-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #91  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Kellybones...that is super tough...the internal battle with working out. Geeze, i HATE IT. but i try to do something everyday. Good job.

I did well today. Stayed w/i my calorie range....my nsv for today is, my husband called and said, how bout KFC for dinner. I thought, it would be so much easier to just have him bring dinner on his way home from work. Then i thought, it would be so crappy to be this fat next year. Being fat next year helped me decide...spaghetti squash with shake and bake chicken and maranara (very low cal version of a chicken parmesan...)...so after my healthy dinner i was VERY happy that i made a step in the right direction. No guilt involved!

Last edited by Get n healthy; 04-18-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #92  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I haven't been around this thread in a while...lots of great stuff happening here!!
My NSV today was....spring cleaning my front hall closet! I usually pack away all of the winter coats for next year....but not this time. My winter coats (2 of them) are going to the good will because they are both too big, and will be even bigger by next winter! Looks like some winter coat shopping for me in the fall!
Have a great rest of the weekend everyone.
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #93  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Today's NSV.. I was at H&M and they size their clothes according to European standards. They had this size 14/44 skirt, a stretch skirt and I decided to try it on, hoping it would get past my thighs. I was able to put it completely on! It wasn't tight at all on my waist but the bad thing, you could see the outline of my hips and the dimples before it flared out at my thighs. I'd feel comfortable wearing that maybe in 2 months of continued losing. I may be able to move to size 16 in pants and size 14 in jeans soon too if this continues. It's exciting!
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #94  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody!

I have to tell you all that I LOVE this thread! I've been lurking for weeks. But, I knew I wasn't quite ready to give up my scale addiction.

This morning, I woke up and decided that enough is enough! It's time for me step away from the scale and step closer to self-acceptance!

By the way, I had a huge NSV over the weekend. My gf (who I haven't seen in a few weeks) told me that "I looked amazing and that in the year she's known me that I have never looked BETTER!" At that moment, I realized that it didn't matter that the scale said I had gained .5 lbs. All those trips to the gym had paid off and I felt something deep inside that resembled actual PRIDE!

Ladies, Thank You for inspiring me to make a positive change!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #95  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Okay I have ditched my scale...so all NSV'S for me at the moment!!

My belt went down another notch! woo hoo

ALSO, I jogged on the treadmill yesterday for about 4 minutes....usually I can only do 2! and the only reason I stopped was because this guy came in and got on the one next to me and he was distracting me with his DISGUSTING onion B.O.!! but anyways, it felt pretty good to jog that long, I actually ENJOY jogging, which is insane.
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #96  

Hello you beautiful shrinking ladies,

vdaybaby, you are hilarious about the stinky BO guy at the gym...yuck. Good job with the jogging and doubling your time.

dangerouscurves, Glad you joined the thread. Good for you for tossing that scale to the side for now, isnt it liberating? Almost freeing! What an awesome compliment you got! The scale always makes me happy when it is going in the right direction but i come to rely on it going in the right direction and when it doesnt i FREAK OUT. But i dont rely on friends noticing my weightloss...so when they do...it is the BEST feeling...now why cant we be like that with the scale?...a healthy relationship sort of.

Sexybrokechic; the clothes being looser and fitting is such a rewarding feeling. Its like PROOF that what your doing is working.

DEA: isnt is cool to think "what size will i be down too next fall"...the new seasons clothes from last year can really tell on you whether you have been good or bad. Being good feels much better than being bad. ha ha

Well i have been good. My NSV for today is that the kid accross the street is selling candy for school...and i mean CANDY...twislers, gummy bears, hershey bars...you name it, he is selling it. So i have to buy from him, since his parents buy from my kids, so i bought $5 worth and it all went straight to DH desk drawer/office and the kids bedroom. I wasnt the slightest bit tempted...i just got off the ellpitical so no way is all that hard work i just did going to go to waste, ha ha.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #97  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default positive changes already...

I can't believe I didn't weigh myself this morning! I've gone cold turkey and it feels REALLY good!

NSV for this morning: I got up an hour earlier and did a cardio workout for 30 mins! This is huge...I'm not a morning person and I hate working out before breakfast!

Get n healthy: for the warm welcome! You're so right about my warped relationship with the scale. Seeing the numbers go down has the power to make me feel on top of the world. But, if it goes up the slightest bit it truly ruins my day! I'm so tired of the highs and lows. Determined not to weigh more than once a week!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #98  

This is actually a good/bad NSV. You'll see why...

Story: I was craving something sweet AND crunchy. Aughaugh. Like INTENSEEEE craving.

Good: Did I go for a cookie? No! I went for an apple. Yummy!

Bad: I'M ALLERGIC TO APPLES. Hahaha. I don't have severe reactions, so don't worry. But I had only had suuuuuuper mild barely noticeabe reactions lately, so I went ahead and ate a whole apple, and then I'm like "Why is it so hot?!?! I feel like I'm sweating!!" And I was super flushed. Hahaha.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #99  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

My scale free goal of the day is that my husband sat down with a bag of jelly beans during a movie last night. I looked at those jelly beans.. oh, how I looked at them. I asked him silly questions that I already knew the answers to.. like ' how many calories per serving?' How much sugar?' ( HELLO IT'S ALL SUGAR HAHA) and normally I would have taken a huge handful and ate all the black ones he doesn't like. I ate one. Not as good as eating none.. but for me.. big success!! ( mind you.. i sucked on that darn jelly bean for a good... 5-10 minutes! ) hahaha
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #100  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

So far this week, I've done 4 days of doing both the TBL Cardio Max and Power Scuplt DvDs as well as walking 3 miles on both Sunday and Monday. I took today off to give my muscles a rest. However, I cheated and stepped on the scale at home... I've been doing this since 1/8/08 and its STILL giving me the same number.. I have to get a new scale when this month is over so I can have a real idea of what I weigh.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybrokechick View Post
So far this week, I've done 4 days of doing both the TBL Cardio Max and Power Scuplt DvDs as well as walking 3 miles on both Sunday and Monday. I took today off to give my muscles a rest. However, I cheated and stepped on the scale at home... I've been doing this since 1/8/08 and its STILL giving me the same number.. I have to get a new scale when this month is over so I can have a real idea of what I weigh.
I'm doing TBL Cardio DVD and I have lost weight. I bet the the power sculp program is building your muscles. EVen though you aren't going down on the scale.. like they say.. 'your body is transfroming!'
Old 04-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Here is my NSV, went to WM last night. Had to buy totes to store winter clothes. While we were there, saw these cute khaki slacks that would be good for work on the clearance rack for $5. They did not have a 10 or even an 8 (although I thought an 8 might be too tight) they only had a 6. DH convinced me to go try thrm on, I thought it would be depressing, but did it anyway to shut him up.
Yes, they are too snug, but, they came over my hips and I was able to both zip and button with no trouble. I was able to put on a size 6!!!

Even though they were too tight, I bought them, they are going to be my new, try them every 2 weeks pants to see how I am doing in my journey.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:51 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

that is so awesome!
it's amazing how good that can make you feel!

my victory -
I went to the gym Saturday and today
Saturday I walk/ran 4 miles in an hour
today I walk/ran 2 miles in 26 minutes!!
kellybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #104  

Hello ladies. Sounds like everyone has some NSV's going on.

I have one too. I went away to a mountain cabin with a few friends this weekend....think BIG country breakfasts, big steak dinners, and LOTS of drinking. I was SO proud. At breakfast i had one biscuit and one sausage patty. At dinner, i ate less than half my steak (it was a huge NY strip), and only had one drink per night. NO SWEETS. So all in all, i may not have done anything to lose weight, but i defately didnt do any real damage either. Which is a HUGE NSV for me.

Lets all have a great week! We can do it!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #105  

I went shopping yesterday and in the first time since highschool I bought shirts from the clothing section that WAS NOT plus sized!! HUZZAH!!