Old 03-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #61  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Default The Baby need a Hug

Hi Chicks I need a hug

I am feeling alright just a little disappointed that the person I had planned on walking with got glass in her foot and now she is not sure when she will be able to excerise. I was really looking forward to walking. Guess I have to figure something out.

Miss.J = Guess what! I took those stairs but babe let me tell you they hurt my knees. I heard you when you said your knees hurt~in the spirit sis.

Likenoother= I too am a trainer and find the more prep work I put in the calmer I am in front of my audience.

JasonLea= I wish I could swim.

Me= Be good to yourself and enjoy your time off

Whooo, wisper= Parrrrrrrrrty

Eny= Thanks for the info.

Check up= Yesterday, drinking that water was like force feeding myself. Today I already finished 2 glasses and not only did I walk the stairs this morning but one of my co-workers did as well (she has weight issues as well). Oh, and I moved with the Yoga Program about one min longer than the other days But at least I am doing three of the excerises. Not braking a sweat just moving.
I noticed yesterday and today I am eating twice as much junk food than usual. I really believe it is emotional due to stress plus close to TOM. I am trying to control it but have not always been successful so I try to give myself better choices like graham crackers instead of cookies, and fig cookies when my craving demands a cookie. I bought some Twizzlers to eat instead of candy bars. Any suggestions or other ideas. Oh, I go to the doctor Monday and I get on the scale. I haven't been on sinse I joined and that was the day I last seen him. I don't expect to have lost any because of my eating habits so I won't get my hopes up. I'll just keep it moving.
Later
Babygal
Babygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Baby - hang in there! you're doing awesome - making little steps to change you life - that's good! As for the Sweet tooth craving.. try fruits - I know.. I know.. but honestly - it works! Now there are times when nothing but chocolate will work - but it does helo in the times when you just want something sweet.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #63  

Ok girls - I just did day 4! I'm happy that I'm not focused on a # mini-goal right now... these gentle footprints are working wonders for me!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

babygal, hang in there! that's such a bummer - i used to have a workout buddy but she recently joined the military and i am lost some days myself.

janel, my at-home hobby is cooking - clearly not the greatest thing to keep the mind off of food!! but i do like to find new and healthy things to cook, and as long as i can keep from sampling the entire time it usually works well for me.

enygirl, i like gentle footprints too. i haven't weighed myself in awhile and i know i'm not doing the best but i feel good that i am making some positive changes rather than just being discouraged by a # on the scale.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #65  
Babygal

oops I benged today on cookies and cashews.
Then I ate a piece of fruit and bake chicken. What a mess-I really felt dumb after the fact because i thought I was so focused. Again I allowed myself to get to hungry.
I decided not to throw the whole day away so I drank my water and did some of the yoga I learned from T.V., I didn't have to work today so I only have the stairs at home to walk up and down.
Chicks I hope all is having more success today than I had.
Babygal
Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #66  

I just completed day 5 on plan! I don't think I've EVER made it 5 days in a row! And aside from being tired - I'm doing GREAT!!!

I know I need to stretch out my legs though - they're getting a little worn. Ugh.

Alright - good night all!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #67  
Getting Back Down to Size

S/C/G: 206/202.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Starting day 1 again. My fiance is trying to be supportive but he still brings home dessert (cherry pies from McD's, apple empanadas from Taco Bell). I keep telling him that I'm trying to get my weight down but he thinks he is being nice by bringing me desserts - everyday.

Babygal - I will drink water with you. Tonight I will aim for two glasses before bed. I am still taking those stairs. Knees still hurting and I tried to go faster today and was completely out of breath.

Iris- I will try cooking. Maybe I can find some healthy receipes that my picky fiance would like and secretly make him eat healthy.

Shari - I love subway and that $5 special has gotten to me also. I will try spinach on my next sub.

I think I may get that stroller out and walk my son around the community tomorrow if the weather is nice. Maybe I should carry him; he is like 20 lbs!
missjanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:40 AM   #68  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

yall.

Gah, guess who's here? TOM brought his sorry *** today. Now I know why I couldn't resist those damn salty Fritos last night! I don't even LIKE Fritos! *sigh* TOM + salt = BAD! I'm all bloated. So i know WI will be later this week, when TOM has passed. Hopefully I can fend off the craving monster and at least maintain my loss from last week.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:32 AM   #69  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Babygal--It happens to us all. You need to just acknowledge and move on. That sounds like exactly what you did do.

Missj--Do you feel comfortable talking to your fiancee? It might be worth a try.

Enygirl--I think you asked about my reward system a few pages back. I reward myself every 10 days I am binge free. I buy things that help with the journey. No exercise dvds though because I have so many new ones I haven't used. My first reward was a journal. My next reward was a t-shirt that says "Live, Love, and Laugh". I can't wear it now but it can be a gauge along the way. My next reward will be some computer games. They will be a great diversion to help me with staying out of the fridge. My next one will probably be a subscription to Clean Eating magazine. I have a free one on the way to determine if I will like it or not.

Edited to add--OMG it really was 4:30am when I wrote this!

Last edited by Shay; 03-29-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Was looking for a Challenge Thread to join & if it's OK with you, I'd like to join this one. I read through the different threads on this site & this one seems the one that's most like my thinking.

Over the past year, I've changed/developed MANY good habits. However, there are 2 that I REALLY need to work on - drinking more water and engaging in less unplanned eating after dinner.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #71  
Babygal

Talking This is a Gentle group of women addressing weight loss issues

OMG LYNN come on in and join this battle of the bulge.(Eventhough I doubt if you have a bulge). Congrad on your weight loss and good luck with your challenage. Water is an issue ha? Me too. I am up to three glasses a day. My vow is to drank at least two before bed.

Missj how about giving him some suggestions of what he could bring you to show you love Thanks for your support and let me know how you are doing with the water. Lynn is joining in on the water intake not sure what her goal is going to be yet.

likenoother ur so sweet

JasonLea

Enygirl Glad to hear of your success

Whisper I hope you're working it out in the spring air

Question: I want to make a salad that calls for two cups of salad dressing (like Mayonnaise). What can I use instead?
I had a mental vision of how I am going to look and dress with this weight off. I can't wait. Whoo, I am going to work it. If the weather is nice tomorrow I am going to take my grandson bike riding in the park. I'll let you all know how it turn out.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #72  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Babygal--I think some people might use low fat or fat free sour cream instead of the mayo. I say that because I definitely am not an authority when it comes to cooking.

Today is Day 5. Looks like I will make it.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:06 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygal View Post
Lynn is joining in on the water intake not sure what her goal is going to be yet.

Question: I want to make a salad that calls for two cups of salad dressing (like Mayonnaise). What can I use instead?
Hi Babygal, thank you for the warm welcome.

My goal is to stop eating after dinner.

About the salad dressing - are you looking for low-fat or low-carb?

Lynn
Old 03-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #74  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

Lynn!

Okay, I am thisclose to choking the life out of my brother. He's 13 and an attitude has appeared out of nowhere (seemingly). I just had to snap on him a few minutes ago. I don't like doing that cause I KNOW that I have a hard time controlling my temper and I don't want things to turn ugly cause ultimately, I do love my family, no matter how much they piss me off. Tomorrow morning, I'm going down to see if I can get this job at the corner store and if so, I'm moving at PRONTO! with or without any furniture!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 AM   #75  

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Shari - thanks for the welcome & good luck with the job.

Water - yesterday I did pretty good with drinking water - didn't count, but probably got in around 24-32 ounces.

Eating after dinner - not so good with that, but was just hungry. Had a VERY low calorie day because of circumstances beyond my contol. Ate a prune, a SF pudding, and a mini-protein bar after dinner.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-30-2008 at 06:50 AM.