S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

welcome stephanie! the more people/support the better
chelle515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:32 PM   #47  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Enygirl--Its probably just TOM! Added stress can keep TOM from coming. They do say getting your needed hours of sleep is necessary for weight loss. I've never understood that. Maybe something I need to look more into.

Stephanie--Welcome!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I read somewhere on here (3FC) that TOM can cause up to #7 weight gain. It's a drag, for sure. Enygirl . . . I'm sure it's temporary.

Stephanie, Welcome!!! Do you like your Gazelle?? Can you change the resistance on it?

I'm quilting like crazy, trying to crank out Christmas gifts and am falling behind. The one I'm working on is a wholecloth and BORING. (White fabric, white thread . . . yawn!!!) My son has been home sick for 3 days in a row.

I haven't dipped into my flex points or used my AP's AT ALL this week!! Okay, it's only been 2 days, but I'm happy about it. This morning I'm only up .2 pounds. I'm happy about that, too.

Did you see The Biggest Loser last night? I caught parts of the tail end. It blows me away that those women, who weigh less than I do, lost so much weight. Didn't one of them lose 8 pounds in a week??? OMG!!!

Likenoother: I saw you'd posted in TBL thread. Have you watched it all season? I feel like a wimp when I watch that show and see how much weight these girls are dumping in a week.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #49  
My Evolution

Mindy--Yep I've been watching all season. A new season starts in January with couples (mom & son, co-workers, etc)

I've been eating really bad lately. There is so much going on I don't even know where to start. My brother left for Iraq this past Friday. School & work and Michael (my so called father) is trying to be a part of my life. They say knowing is half the battle. I'm going to work on a letter for my brother tonight. That will help a bit. School is done until Jan 7th. Regarding Michael I just need to let him know right now...I'm not ready for him to be a part of my life.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #50  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Thank you for the welcomes. The rest of this week will be a treat (note the sarcasm) Tomorrow i start on 10 hours which means i will be getting up at 2:30 in the morning and then will be working 8 hours on Saturday. so hopefully i will be able to keep up on my exercising like i want to. Saturday night we have a Xmas party to go to the munching. we will see how that went when i weigh in sunday morning.

ggmugsy-- i love my Gazelle. unfortunately Resistance cannot be changed. it works good for me because i have no room for anything to big and is easy to do with my 3 year old.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Well TOM finally came - and with his arrival #2 left! Woo Hoo! Back in the #180's! I'm praying that I'll drop another #2.5 overnight ao that I have a loss from last week - but I'm not holding my breath.

I was kinda bummed because I thought that I might be pregnant.. DBF and I have been talking about it - and I'd love to be. ugh. Apparently the timing's not right... I'm feeling really low today.

Also - my BFF is back in the hospital - and I'm stuck at work. I'm tempted to leave though. I need HUGS!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #52  

Enygirl: {{{BIG HUGS!!!}}}

Shay: Yesterday's Dr. Phil was about family strife during the holidays. In the end he said to do what YOU want to do to make your holiday season joyful and peaceful. His guilt, or whatever he's feeling, isn't your problem. Take care of YOU!!!

I'm just bouncing around where I was last week. Blah, blah, blah. Doing my workouts, keeping my chin up. I'm working on a quilt I HATE. Must focus and finish. My son has been home sick for 3 days and went back to school today so I need to work.

Sending out happy, healthy, FIT thoughts to all of you!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #53  
My Evolution

Enygirl

I think everyone could use one right about now.

Mindy--I know I need to do what's best for me but sometimes that seems so selfish. That's funny I was having a similar conversation with my BF last night. Many of his friends are not doing well financially. I told him he can not take care of everyone--he comes first.

I'm still doing terrible with food. I just had 3 papusas for lunch. I did Pilates on Sunday but haven't exercised since. Thank goodness everyone on here knows I'm human because I'm not setting a very good example as a challenge leader.

Last edited by Shay; 12-13-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls!

I was just thinking about what you all are saying, isn't it funny (in a not so funny kind of way) how so much of our ability to take care of ourselves is tied to the people in our lives? One of my students just wrote a paper about me. She said I was like her second mom, how I look upon and love my students as my kids... it was very touching, and sweet, and it was a huge wake-up! I give up my time at the gym to hang out with my "kids" so they have a place to practice and work on homework.

Ugh! Why are women so willing to put themselves second?

Sorry, just a little rant.

Enygirl- I can't say anything but hugs to you!

mrsaugie- good luck on your long days- don't forget to breathe!

Likenoother- I think you are a GREAT leader- I really look forward to your posts every day! And knowing that you are human helps me when I'm bad, which is EVERY DAY... *sigh*

I hope you all know that I think of you whenever I think about eating poorly- you are my "What Would my 3FC Girls Do?" conscience...

Happy Friday!!!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #55  

Ok I'm officially starting over. This week has pretty much been a complete wash! I'm up #1 from last week.. but TOM finally decided to show up yesterday... and I'm still out of the #190's!!!
I know now that I'm definately NOT pregnant.. God apparently knows that I need to get my life a little more organized first.

On a side note - I just walked in front of a co-worker and she said "You're skinny Jeans are getter bigger" I love hearing things like that!

Look for a dramatic change these next few weeks as I reach my goal of the #170's by the ball drop!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #56  

TTTA - A very timely post.

I argued with my DH all evening. He was being a jerk. He simply CAN'T apologize. He thinks if you scream, "I'm sorry!!" it counts as an apology. He doesn't get that when you are yelling WHILE you are trying to apologize that it just doesn't seem genuine . . . grrrr.

So today, instead of doing the work I need to do I am paying bills, cleaning house, shopping, and preparing food & beverages so he can have a little Christmas Party for all the guys he works with. Lovely.

It would be a wasted day even if we hadn't argued, but the fact I'm doing all this stuff for HIS party while I'm still angry makes it MUCH WORSE.

Do you guys ever watch that show "Snapped"? Have you noticed it's almost always the wife that snaps and kills the husband? You rarely see the husband snap and knock off the wife.

Men . . . can't live with them. Can't shoot them.

(Said in jest . . . well, sort of . . .)
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #57  

Mindy - I understand completely! DBF can't apologize EVER! I don't even get the yelled "I'm Sorry" - but I know when he realizes he was a jerk... but the words would be nice every once in awhile.

How is everyone doing on their mini goals? I know that I'm not doing so hot.. this week set me back BIG TIME! I know I only gained #1 - but when I was planning on a loss of #2-2.5 that sets you back!

Time to get serious again.. as my friend who's becoming a certified personal trainer says - "I believe in starting over as many times as it takes!" Today I'm starting again.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #58  
My Evolution

Time To Try Again--Thanks for such nice thoughts. The whole reason I've been lurking rather than posting has everything to do with my 3FC girls.

Enygirl--I'm starting over tomorrow. I'm doing terrible on my mini goal. I know I'm not even to 220 yet.

Mindy--I'm fortunate enough that once my BF gets over himself he does apologize in an appropriate manner.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:32 AM   #59  

So girls - I vote that we redo our mini goals (well those of us that aren't going to hit the original ones) My NEW GOAL is to be at most at #184.9 by the New Year! It's #5 more then plan - but that's what I'm doing. I have no problem revamping goals!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

Hee Hee! My personal favorite is "I love you BUT..." My husband and I fight about that one all the time!!

Okay, it's Sunday. How mini is mini?

This week I am going to:
1. Leave school by 4:00 every day.
2. 120 minutes of cardio.
3. Drink 80 oz. of Water every day.
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote