Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #76  

KY, I admire your determination in the face of your husband's eating. That would be so tough for me!!

Eny, put some pumping music on your mp3 player and get out there! 33 degrees will feel cold right out of the gate but once you get your groove on, I bet you'll be fine!

Re: Sin6 = I just don't know if I could stick with the same workouts/same instructor all the time. I really crave variety. I'll definitely think about them though coz you've had amazing results!!! Way to go.

I did Turbo Jam Cardio Parties 2 yesterday and Leslie's Fast 3 Miles today. Tomorrow will be a cardio & weights workout.

Welcome butterfly!

Bikini, moi? I don't know. Probably not at 160. But I will look great in a sharp tankini!!

Foods been really good for me. 5 fruits and veggies along with my 3 liters water daily. Other meals have been of moderate portions.
angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #77  
I'm My Only Obstacle.

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Well.... I'm going to try this again. My computer froze first time I tried to post this so we'll go again & keep my fingers crossed!!!

What is this Beach Body workout? I've never heard of it. I guess it's something I need to check out since Enygirl & Mothermavis speak highly of it. I'm addicted to the Biggest Loser Workout right now. I checked part 2 out at the library yesterday & I don't like it as well as I do the original.

MotherMavis -- I'd LOVE to wear a bikini when I get to goal but I doubt very seriously that my stomach will be in shape for it. I'm 34 now & had 2 children 14 months apart from it so if I can get that toned up, yeah.. I'll definitely wear a bikini! I'm with ya though -- if no bikini, definitely a tankini!

I'm fixing homemade veggie soup for supper. The weather is so dreary here that it is definitely soup or chili weather! So, I put some lean ground beef in my soup & I'll have both!! LOL

Off to check that beach body workout out...
kyfriedchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #78  

Congratulations Enygirl!!! That is wonderful! You should proud of yourself!

KFC-How's your arm feeling? Don't worry about that pound; it's all muscle!

Good job on the workout, Angeline. It sounds like it was a tough one! But anyone who can workout at 5:30 am for 6 months is pretty tough in my book!

Welcome ButterflyDiva!

mothermavis-I actually have a bikini that I bought last year through Victoria's Secret. I haven't worn a bikini in...ever? But I loved the style and colors of this bikini, so I bought it. If I keep going the way I have been (and I will), I imagine, I could probably wear this bikini by next Summer. I will have to find somewhere to wear it, though, as I live in a land locked state. I'm watching a show called "Top Ten Mexican Beach Resorts" right now, and its giving me ideas! Maybe I'll convince my husband we need a beach vacation!

Well, things are going pretty well for me. I lost another pound, so that's exciting. I've been doing really well on my workouts, and I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it. My husband is out of town until Friday, so eating will be simple. Lots of salads. I'd like to drop another 3 lbs by the time we leave for Vegas (two weeks from today, woo hoo!), but if I don't that's ok. But I'm going to try really hard.

Does everyone have a plan for the holiday feeding frenzy?

We have a potluck at work on the 14th, so I need to plan for that. The next night is my husbands work party, which is appetizers and cocktails. I'll just eat my regular dinner before I go and skip the appetizers. I'll be the designated driver, so no cocktails. That will be an easy one for me. Really, my big problem will be our trip. Only restaurant food for 4 days. I've been looking up menus at all the places where we might eat, so I hopefully will be able to at least maintain while I'm there.

Have a great night, ladies! You're all doing great!!!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

KFC - Beach bosy is a company that has several workouts. My favorits are the Great Series (great abs, Thin Thighs & Great Stretch) I love the Slim in 6 by them too. i've finished weeks 1-4, but now I'm switching gears to get ready for the 5K in Jan. I'm still doing the abs every night though... My lower stomach is my worst area and I want to target it HARD!

Angeline - I feel you on the variety thing, and at times I do get bored doing the same thing.. but for me I've found that I get better results if I stick to one program rather then switch.. But do whatever works!

I did the first day of 5K training today - and I'm pretty happy.. 5K in 50 mins. Not too shabby! It was wet and cold though! EWWW

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-02-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone hope all is well. I managed to say OP again today and got in 40 minutes of slim in 6 burn it up.

Angeline: I also know what you mean about variety. No matter how much I love a certain workout dvd doing it every day is just tiresome. That's why yesterday I took all of my favorite dvds (11 in total) and made a weekday schedule. This way I won't get bored.

Enygirl: WTG on the 5K. Honestly you couldn't pay me to out in this weather unless absolutely neccesary.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #81  

butterfly - It's not so bad once you get past the first 10 mins. the wind was killer yesterday though. Today was my "indoor" day. I don't ahve anyone to watch my daughter on Tuesdays - so I do a 1 mile aerobic Jog.. it kicks my BUTT!!! But alas - tomorrow it's back outside... brrr Next time I get this kind of great idea make sure I do it in warmer weather!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #82  

Good job on the workouts, Enygirl! I don't know what it would take for me to go outside in the cold and work out!! It's hard enough to make myself do it in the comfort of my own home!!

Keep it up, Butterfly!

Things are chugging right along here. Did a 35 minute treadmill workout. Stayed on plan--in fact, I'm a bit below my points today, which is no bad thing.

I have a final paper to revise by Friday, so I'm going to try to get that done tomorrow night, so no workout tomorrow, unless I get off work early. I can't remember what my schedule looked like for this week, so who knows? Either way, it won't hurt to take a day off. I've worked out 4 days in a row, so I'm feeling ok about it.

Have a great night!!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all! I don't know if any of you have access to it, but if you have on demand TV, ours has an exercise on demand TV. Lots of different videos you can work out to. I try to pick one every morning. Keeps me from getting too bored (though I'd still rather lay on the couch)

I think judging from the ages of kids etc, you all are quite a bit younger than me, but I'm telling you, if I can shrink this 41 yr old body into a bikini, I'm wearing it and to heck with the stretch marks. I've got 'em too, a virtual road map across my belly and boobs, but mine are faded pretty good now. My kids are 17 & 20 !!

Enygirl - great job on the running, I had been trying to start the C25k, but the weather here has been crap so slow going. I'm a sun lover and the cold just sucks the want right out of me. **Speaking of which, new fave Christmas song I heard yesterday "All I want for Christmas is a real good tan!!" too funny

Darby- we have DH's holiday party this week too, my plan is roughly the same as yours, I'm not going hungry and I'm the DD so no booze.

KFC - hang in there. My hubby is sometimes a little less than supportive when I work on the weight. Wants to go out to dinner, brings me a glass fo wine or cookies...He says when women lose a lot of weight, they usually leave. Insecurity rearing it's ugly head maybe?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #84  

Hope everyone is rolling along.

Darby, a plan for the holiday feeding frenzy? good question. this friday is DH's office party. it's at a very nice restaurant - the portions will be of moderate size...so that's a good thing. my b-day is saturday (i'll be 47 mother mavis) although i told him not to make reservations anywhere. sunday he leaves for a 4 day trip. then the following weekend it's a food fest at friends (this will be my toughest holiday party...aside from xmas) i'm gong to have to really think about this one.

i'm down another pound and i hope by the food fest party i'll be down a few more pounds and that success will help keep my afloat.

i started counting calories two days ago and i think this is going to help me. i've always resisted counting calories and just trusting that as long as i make healthy choices, i'll be fine. well i came to the realization that if i don't know how much i'm putting in my mouth, how do i know that for sure. so i'm keeping my calories between 1600-1700 a day. So far, so good.

time to go do a workout.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #85  

Good morning girls! I have a victory - I kept 2 pair of pants from right after DD was born. I lost all my "baby weight" right away... anyhow - I tried on the Jeans yesterday and they fit! WOO HOO!!! They're still a little too snug for me to be comfortable wearing them in public, but only a matter of weeks. The other pair however are a pair of Gap Carpenter Corderoy's that I LOVE and I'm wearing them at work today! I haven't fit into these in a good 3-4 years! the best part - they're both a size 16!!! I haven't seen a 16 in a LOOOOOONNNGGG time!

Last night was a binge night. For some reason I was a bottomless pit.. well actually I know why - TOM is supposed to visit any day now. Usually I can ward off the last night hunger - but last night Cheddar Cheese Popcorn and about 5 Hershy's Kisses won out. I still managed to stay at 1450 cals for the day.. so I'm not too upset. I think the fact that I was up until 1 Am working on work stuff from home didn't help warding it off either.. sometimes you need more then water!

2 more days until weigh in! Hoping to be down #2!

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-05-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Wow, congrats Envy, I know you're probably looking at the negitive side of your binge but im very impressed!!!! Less than 1500 wow! If I binge... Its atleast 1500-2000 sad thing is I dont even count... hope everything goes well and you're down 2lbs!

I weighed in today and was down 2.2 Im pretty happy with that although I would have liked more because i went to the gym today right before my weigh in and it should have been a greater loss. oh well... Im right on track for my New Years Goal... yay!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:59 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning everybody! I am already tired of winter. It's too cold to be outside.

Can't wait for April and vacation but must keep moving toward goal.

I need to make Christmas cookies on Sunday. I have to limit my sampling, wish me luck!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 AM   #88  

Eny, congratulations for getting into those smaller sizes! I know that feels good! I'm with BBB - if I binge I "pretend" it didn't happen. I know, denial. It still shows up on my hips! duh!!

I agree, mothermavis, it is too cold and I'm sick of winter too BUT I still need some time to reach my weight loss goal soooooooo, I'm going to embrace this time to reach my goals.

And speaking of goals, the scale is moving in the right direction. Calorie counting is working for me. Yesterday I managed to keep things on the low side of 1300, which is good since tonight is DH's office holiday party.

Time to get in a workout. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Saturday is my birthday. That is my first weight loss key date = two weeks into this journey.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #89  

Well today's weigh in didn't go nearly as bad as I thought it would with 2 binge nights this week - and a new exercise routine. I'm down #1.4 - I'm steadily working towards my New Years goal - although it'd be AWESOME to hit it by Christmas

#57 - in 24 weeks.. going to be tough... but I CAN DO IT!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #90  

This has been a tough week! I took two days off from exercising. One day was just a regular rest day, but the second day...I just got lazy. I didn't wanna. I had to be at work early today, so no working out, but I did make myself work out this afternoon.

Food has been ok. We celebrated my boss' birthday today by ordering Thai food. I LOVE Thai food. LOVE IT!!! I ate my regular breakfast, but by the time the food came, it had been 5 hours since I'd eaten, and I was so hungry and really afraid I wouldn't control my portions. And I didn't. I ate an eggroll that I wasn't planning on eating. But still...before I would have eaten every bite of my meal, plus the second eggroll AND a fortune cookie. So, overall, I'm pretty happy.

Next Friday we're having a potluck, and then the following week we're celebrating another birthday. This is definitely becoming a challenging month.

You guys are doing great! Enygirl-a loss, especially after a binge, is great. And fitting into smaller clothes is so much fun!

Nice going on the loss, Angeline. How did the Christmas party go? And happy birthday!

mothermavis-today is the first "real" bad winter day we've had, and I'm already sick of it. Have fun baking!