Old 02-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I hope your day is going great!!! As soon as DH gets home I am going to pop on over to the gym and fight the MAD afterwork rush to get a good machine (well they are all good, but you know an elliptical or treadmill). I hope I can get my body to workout for an hour. I am close on my Feb. Exercise goal, but there is NO way I am going to get all the way there (I forgot this month only has 28 days). I think I am at 970 minutes 230 from my goaland I may get within 50 minutes of it. Maybe I will walk on my lunch breaks, or work out before and after work to get that in those extra minutes.

Tommy had his first Craisin yesterday. He LOVED them!!! I will be bringing home lots of them from work!!! Plus lots and lots of Juice, I guess it is cheaper to get the juice from the grocery store, but I still may order it from work occasionally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ROBIN!!!! !!!!!! congrats!!!!!! You made it to 100 pounds loss!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Holyteror I hope your back feels better soon~what types of crafts are you doing??

Paula!! down a pound already~that is great!!

Michelle, Poor Rachel, I hate having pink eye. I couldnt imagine trying to put eye drops in one of my kids' eyes. I am not holding my breath for the scale to move, I still am not believing what it said on friday, but I am avoiding it right now because I am afraid it will go back up. I am doing great on my calories right now though!!

Labonita: Great job at avoiding the fast food. It is so hard for me, especially on the weekends when I am home with the kids.

Sweet talker, where did you go for vacation??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Well, I better get off, my son is mad at me for some reason or another. Have a great day!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #17  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lol kids mad at you jc? roflmao

i managed to stay awake...need another 3 bottles of water and i'll hit the goal. Not too sure how close I am to goal on eating but i might make that tilapia for dinner. I need to stamp and grocery shop so we'll see.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #18  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Hi girls...

Ooogh, do I feel crappy. I've lived on soup for most of the day, and I actually had a substantial meal for dinner, but it's not sitting quite right with me.

Glad everyone else is having a good day, though!

Robin!!!!! Congratulations on losing 100 pounds!!!!!! That has got to be an awesome feeling, and I am SO proud of you for getting there! What a huge accomplishment!

Holyteror - I'm envious of you! I wish I could sew... never really learned how, though.

Jeni - attagirl, getting back to the gym! I bet that feels great! Can't wait to get back there myself... and I always forget that my gym has a pool, too! What sort of exercises do you do in the pool? Do you ever swim laps?

Michelle, how awesome that you have the treadmill upstairs now!! I'm like you, I prefer my lovely elliptical to the treadmill, but even if you just spend a half-hour watching the tube doing some easy walking each day in addition to all the other stuff you're doing, you're going to really start seeing results!!!

Oh, and to Paula and Shelby and anyone else who is interested in tilapia - I have had the best success with fresh tilapia and not frozen. DH is a VERY fussy eater, and if any fish I get tastes at all fishy, he'll push the plate away and go eat Girl Scout Cookies instead. So when I make tilapia, I buy it at the store fresh and I make sure to cook it NO LATER than a day after I bought it. I've also learned to make friends with Cyrus, the guy who runs the seafood counter at the store, and I've got him to the point now where he's actually honest about telling me which types of fish in the case are the freshest on any given day.

Ugh, I'm sorry girls, I have to cut this short. Looks like dinner will be making an encore.

Early to bed for me tonight - see you all in the morning! And sorry if I missed you today, I'll catch up with you tomorrow - I don't want to miss out on catching up with any of you, you're all such great teammates.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #19  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm girl scout cookies *drool*
Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #20  

My goodness, you guys are busy, busy people!! I guess when my little one starts school next year, I'll have to quit the part-time job and join the rest of you out there!! Scary -- after 9 years I'll have to leave the safety of my house!!

Today I went right back on track, after a wash for yesterday. I'm good with that.

As usual, I'm doing my WEED for tomorrow because I never get a chance in the morning.

W -- Today was all caffeine free soda and no water -- tomorrow back to only water.

E - Did 20 minutes elliptical/20 minutes arch and 40 situps today. While Nicholas is at preschool tomorrow I get a whole 1 1/2 hours at the gym, not sure what I'm going to do yet -- Jeni, same problem -- depends on what machines are open.

E -- Stick to my logging on fitday and eating about 1500 calories.

D -- To get all caught up on my work so I can have the night off!!

Have a great day -- and every time I think of "cheating" I think of how hard everyone here is trying and it makes me close the cabinet -- thanks
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM   #21  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey everyone. Time is flying by so freakin fast. I have about a week before I move into my apartment. I can't wait! I have to get another job since I'm not fulltime at the VA yet but I don't care. I know that I will do 100% better at eating better in my own place. I did when I was on my own in California. I have to learn how to ride the bus again though which sucks. My tax refund was way less than I thought it would be so it will be a while before I'll have enough saved up for my car.

So I talked to my best friend Karina in California for the first time in months the other day. We've been best friends since I was 10 but drifted apart when she moved to Cali. The friendship actually got worst after I moved out there, mainly because she was seeing this guy Ryan and was all about him. Anyway, they got married on my birthday and a few months later, he left her pregnant and started a whole lot of drama. She's now almost eight months pregnant and when I called her, she sounded happy to hear from me. She said she wanted to call me but had lost her phone and found out later on that Ryan had stolen it. Her baby (who I love already) is due April 3 and it's a boy! She's going to name him George Lucas. When she told me that, I almost died. But it's her grandfather's name so...*shrugs* I've already decided that I will call him by his middle name or a nickname. I'm so excited! She wants to bring him down as soon as he's old enough. When we were young, we always said we would raise our kids together. When the whole mess with Ryan first started, she wanted to move back to Alabama. I doubt that will ever happen though. She lived here for about 7 years and hated it. She's a Cali girl through and through. So yeah, I have a nephew on the way!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #22  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

i thought i repaired my bean. apparently not. i used a drop of glue to help clog it up, the puncture isn't exactly in a flat place. I don't wanna go spend another $50 on a new one but if i can't repair it i will
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #23  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I've heard of the bean but what do you use it for?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #24  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

abs and other workouts...it's like a stability ball but flatter so you don't have to worry about falling off Lol
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #25  
Calorie Counter

Suz, You poor thing. I hope you got tons of rest, can you call in sick today? I hate these dang bugs that are going around. I think my familly is FINALLY back to normal.

Holyteror, that sucks about the bean. I hope you can get it fixed. And yes, my children get mad at me, especially the boy. He likes to get into stuff he isn't allowed to have so if I take it away from him, close it, look at him the wrong way he will scream like you wouldn't believe. sigh, boys.

Shelby, at least you have a part time job now so it wont be a total shock to your system when you go back to work full time.

Shari, I love the name George. I laughed when I saw George Lucas, because family name or not the kids will tease him (probably call him something dumb like Obi Wan). But how exciting, I love babies!!! I hope you can save money quickly, I cant save $$ for anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it too the gym last night, and lucky for me there was one machine open, the elliptical! Then within my time on that so many people cleared out that I was able to get on the treadmill and I tried the stair-stepper. My sister came in and asked if I wanted to do pilates (forgot about those) but I had already been there for an hour and I wanted to come home and see DH. I will remember pilates on Wednesday and go with her then. I didn't overexert (yet I was still sweating), my lungs took it, so tonights workout will be a little more. I stopped avoiding the scale this morning. I know weigh in day is Friday, but I wanted to see if I gained back all that I had lost and NOPE!! It was still at 160!!!!! I cant wait until I can get into the 150's!!!

Weed for today

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes gym, 25 walking during breaks
E1200 cals
D try to get in those extra minutes to get to my exercise challenge goal.

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-27-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #26  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone.

Just a real quick check in.

My throats a bit on fire this morning, I hope I'm not coming down with something. Funny I know you have all had various ailments throughout, but I am fortunate to have not had a cold, flu or bug (well except for the one in my FOOD) since I started this in September. I've eased back into exercise, well maybe not so eased, cause I'm a bit sore today. Will tone it down a bit today.

Jasonslea, how exciting a new apartment and a nephew!!

Jeni, I'm glad Tommy loved what his mom is producing. Great going on your Feb. shortened exercise goal.

rowdy I am so sorry your tummy is acting up. I hope you are feeling better this morning. I do buy my fish fresh and then freeze it for up to 2 weeks after wrapping it very well and letting it defrost in the fridge before cooking it. It's always been pretty delicious. I am not always near my local fish guy and I like having it on hand.

Paula, sorry you didn't love the fish. I am very fortunate in that I really like fish and most vegetables. I couldn't imagine doing this if I had an aversion to those things.

Shelby you are doing great with the exercise!!!

Sounds like you had a really good weekend LaBonita. That's great.

Michelle, I hope Rachel's eyes are better. I don't like pinkeye very much. Oh but then again who does? Ummm, NO ONE. I'm sure you'll enjoy the treadmill much more now that it's more accessible.

Hello to all the others that I may have missed. Artsygirl, holyterror and the rest of the gang!!!!

I also want to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement on my weightloss. Thank you. It really means the world to me.

Today's WEED

W - drink it, lots
E - do it. Just a little bit less then usual. Gotta rest up the knees a bit.
E - under 1300 calories
D - too much to mention.

Have a great, healthy and safe day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #27  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OMG, Jeni we posted at the same time. YOU CHANGED YOUR TICKER!!!! Or at least I just noticed it. It's official!!!! 160 lbs. AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #28  
Calorie Counter

Robin, Thanks

Suz I forgot to tell you, I would love to swim laps, but I don't. Dont know why. But when I take the kids into the pool with me, they take turn getting on mommys belly and I crab walk the length of the pool. Also I will get into the deeper end and hop up and down or we have a little pool that swirls around like a river, I will take the kids in there and it gives me a great workout on my legs. (its kind of hard to describe)
Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Gosh, I don't know how you keep track of each other's posts....it's way too much to read! I swear....ONE of these days I WILL try to read and respond to everyone....it's just so dang hard when I don't have much time, ya know? And not to mention, I have a bunch of other threads I need to check-in at. But I do read most posts (if they're not too long), so I DO see how well everyone is doing! Great job!

I followed my WEED yesterday, except I went over my fat limit. Had a little argument with the boyfriend and I pigged out on Hershey's Kisses. At least I didn't eat the whole bag though....I probably had about 15. LOL. Stupid boys....and it wasn't even a big fight. We haven't fought in a long time so that's probably why it affected me so much. But he did call and tell me that he forgot to tell me one thing. I was like "what!" in a really mean voice, and he said he loves me....*melt*. I wish I could stay mad at him but when he does things like that it's impossible. Then I felt bad of course.

ANYWAY....back to WEED. Like I said, I went over my fat limit, but other than that I made all my goals! So here's my WEED for today...

W - 3 cups
E - None, today is rest day. Maybe yoga before bed, but I doubt it
E - 1200 calories, STAY UNDER FAT LIMIT
D - Get my Biology readings done
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Sorry for the late post today. I went veggie and fruit shopping today and I cleaned them and put them all away. I made some homemade chicken broth for soup. I walked on the treadmill. Now I'm going to go sit down for a minute.

Today's WEED:
W- 3-4 bottles (On my second on now.)
E- Already walked on treadmill for 20 minutes
E- So far so good. Healthy chicken noodle soup for dinner. I'm using whole wheat noodles.
D- Keep up the good work the rest of the day.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote