Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #46  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

awful day, 2600 cals, and not even a party to blame.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Here's a "never before" in the history of me...I planned on having ice cream tonight so I put it into Fitday...and then I realized that my carpet was a health hazard so I started vacuuming...and now it's 9:30pm and I have absolutely no desire for any food. Wow. Whoda thought vacuuming was a cure for bingeing (or even snacking)?
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #48  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

Boobolink, I get migraines too. I find heat works better for me when I have a migraine. Can't do much on those days but but rest and sleep. Hope it has gone totally away.

Calejo congratulations on losing 4 lbs

2frustrated congratulations on losing 2 lbs.

OnePerDecade, way to go on vacuming instead of eating
Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #49  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Monday's Journal

Good Morning!

Calories...975 (Forgot to eat yesterday, busy making gratitude packages for mailman, newspaper man and shopper man. This is the only time during the year that I bake since DH and I don't care for sweets with the exception of Blue Bunny FF Ice Cream and that's seldom)
Activity...upped my Ski machine minutes to 13 min. Another big deal for all you exercise nuts! LOL I was on my feet most of the day so that counts for something.
Weight -0/+/Same...Down another pound, that's 4 pounds since starting 9 days ago.

Flower...I stopped my WW plan and went back to counting calories too, that's the only sure way that works for me. I laughed when you talked about your second wardrobe, I have 3 stages of clothing, small-medium-large.

Truelies...interesting name, True-lies? Welcome to the Valentine's challenge. I see you just joined, did you loss 13 pounds since then?

Susan...How's the weather in Ontario, it's been down right balmy in Minnesota.

ennay...off track is normal, 2600 is not. What did you eat and good for you for being honest and journaling it.

OneP.D....2500 for you, what did you eat? How old is Fiona, do you walk with her in a stroller? Do you eat the FF Ice Cream, that's not so high in calories and can be substituted for your daily milk (1/2 cup ).

Calejo, congrats on the 4 pound weight loss, quite a triumph for you.

Little Elect...you put me to shame with 75 minutes of Cardio, I get tired just thinking about it.

Kokomo...my MIL puts heat on her migraines too. That would make me sicker because the blood vessels in my head are already expanded, hence the pain. Ice takes the swelling down, that's what my doctor told me. Ice seems to numb the pain for me, but you have to do whatever works for you.

See ya all...Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #50  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Bobbi - well, 2600 isnt as awful for me as it sounds. My normal target is 2000-2100. a) I had Xmas cookies instead of a good snack before I left to go Xmas shopping. Which led to a bs crash b) I waited too long after blood sugar dropped to eat c) I finally ate crap out of desperation because I was getting dizzy and couldnt drive d) it was too late and I was ravenous even after crap and ate my normal dinner when I got home

The off track part is I now havent worked out in 6 days. ds sleep schedule has shifted and I cant take him to the gym right now so I have to readjust.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #51  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

ugh FF icecream - what's the point?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #52  

Bobbi...my 2500 was the result of wine from the St Croix vineyards. I had about 3-4 glasses over the course of the evening but one wine was a raspberry dessert wine so of course I had to have chocolate to go along with it. *sigh* The FF Blue Bunny Personals are awesome --I could buy the larger (cheaper) carton but I do a lot better when things are pre-packaged for me. After my wine & chocolate decision, I have told myself that ice cream is off limits until my daily calorie intake is back to a more reasonable average (1200 day seems good). Check out MyFitday link anytime...I not only record what I eat & my exercise but also a lot of my emotions that may be guiding my choices

Fiona just turned 2 -- I walk her in the stroller on weekdays & chase her on the weekends when we are in the skyway. She's severely autistic so she has zero fear of things like gravity --and she is darned fast!

Last edited by OnePerDecade; 12-19-2006 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Hey y'all!

Ennay and OnePerDecade--I'm so impressed with how well you know your bodies and your eating habits--namely what leads to eating more calories than you might otherwise plan for. Heck, that's half the battle for me!

My day today has not started off well. My dining hall was closed this morning for break already, so I skipped breakfast. We had a party for the last day of class today and I had some bites of a brownie, four munchkins, half a piece of cornbread and half a piece of lemon poppy seed bread. Oy. I really, really don't want to plug that into fitday at all, but I suppose I will take after y'all and do it anyway I plan to do some more cardio today, and will probably up my calories to 2000 or 2100 for the day.

cheers to the folks who lost and congrats to everyone for sticking with it!
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #54  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Newbie, sort of

Hi Ladies!! Can I join your challenge? I'm a SAHM with 4 children, my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 2.5 months old. I just rejoined WW online but I"m definitely up for any challenge. My goal is to make it the 170s by Valentine's Day. That's about an 11 lb loss. But, I would love to lose 15 by then. So, I'll make my goal 175lbs by Valentine's Day. My "official" WI is on Sundays.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #55  

Welcome Lori!!!

Wow...I really set myself up today for a fall. I forgot how dangerous it can be for me to obsess over my intake -- I just had a little eating spree that started totally innocently (teaching my daughter to eat a sugar wafer -- it is so ironic that my 2 year old won't eat solid food & has to be taught how!) and next thing I know, I've just pumped in a good 500 or so calories of cookies & that stupid ice cream that I mentioned just a few hours ago. That's exactly how I used to behave in my bulimic past...I'd journal about my planned meals and what food I was avoiding...and binge my face off on that exact thing! I also realized that I skipped my ADHD meds this morning...which explains why I had that restless grazing through the kitchen thing going on and couldn't understand it...
So it's 3pm here and I am at about 1300 calories for the day. Instead of throwing in the towel (or the fork *tee hee*) I'm just going to start over. I will strive for a 1600-1700 cal for the day total & I will be sure to do my cardio tonight. It's not a tragedy - just a small challenge!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It was chocolates for me today. Oi!
The weather Bobbi? Pretty nice. Cool wind but dry! and above freezing!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #57  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OnePer- yeah,thats why I ate my normal dinner yesterday, I could have stayed near my limit if I had just not, but then I would have been still on the rollercoaster. Eating a good healthy dinner restabilized me and gave me a soft landing. Today has been a bit better. Although still no exercise. I bought new running shoes though.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #58  

ennay -- I bought new shoes too last week -- that was really a boost for me! It felt good to go to an athletic store and not feel like everyone was thinking "Yeah right, she's gonna work out!"

I recovered from my binge -- writing about it here really helped!
Calories in 1750, calories out 3500 -- I made sure I did a good hard hour of cardio & some weight training to help undo the damage I did. And, in the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara "Tomorrow is another day."
Old 12-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #59  
Bobbi

Default RE: From Calorie Counters keep it simple

In answer to your question, why bother eating Sugar Free Blue Bunny Ice cream. Fitday Wake Up Call

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geeeez, I haven't been a member of Fitday very long, 9 days to be exact and just this morning really took a good look at the Overview. Yesterday I burned a total of 2,277 calories, consumed 1,087 calories. I thought that was pretty good until I looked at the pie chart. 1/2 of the chart was FAT.
74 grams or 61% fat calories and I thought NO WAY. The culprit was the 1/2 cup of Blue Bunny SF Ice Cream, 55gram of fat. Someone mentions why bother eating it if it was sugar free, I won't bother again. Not because it doesn't taste good, (It's delicious) but the fat is outrageous!
My calories were under my goal again so I drank 1 Tablespon of Olive Oil before going to bed to up my calories, that added 14 grams of fat, but good fat.
The Fitday is really helpful and Free, I'd pay if I had to. My fiber was at 150% and Vitamin D at 0. How do you get the required amount of vitamin D. Then I checked out my vitamins. I take quite a few vitamins a.m./p.m. My mulitiple Vitamin has 400 I.U./100% of D plus I take Calcium Citrate+D which adds another 400 I.U./100% I wish there was a way to journal our vitamins at Fitday. Oh, I just had a brain storm.......... I'm going to put them on the "New Custom" section. See, I answered my own question, what a dork I am. I'm going to do that right now....see ya all!
Bobbi
Old 12-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #60  
Bobbi

Forgot to post my Tuesday's journal.
Calories...1,087
Activity...13 minutes on Ski Machine
Weight -/+/Same...Same, it did flicker which means I'll probably be down tomorrow.
Maybe I should follow you OnePer in recording, calories in and calories out.
Calories in...1,087
Calories burned...2,212