Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #481  

S/C/G: 218/176/150

Height: Five foot Three inches

Screen Name:Hot Harmony

Age/Age Range:25

Family Life:BF and dogs, Deke the beagle, Maxx the beagle mix, and Jonny Cash the yorkie mix

Hobbies and Interests:Running, Shopping, Blogging, Internet, Board Games, Bars and general geeky stuff

Favorite Music: Punk, Rap, Classic Rock, Rock

Favorite Color(s): Greens, Burnt Orange, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Running, I'm training for a 5 mile run on April 26th

What are your fitness/health goals? To be in a healthy BMI and to look smokin hot for the rest of my life. I would also like to have a baby and I need to lose weight to be more fertile

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Trigger incident, really looking in the mirror, I can't believe I'm here again!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I lose weight very slowly, it's hard for me to stay OP durring the weekends so I yo yo up a pound down one and a half

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Consistancy

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Me at 21!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? wear,lol. I can't wait to NOT wear, proudly!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

Screen Name: OolongFormosa

Age/Age Range:21

Family Life:
in a very happy relationship, and I have a great family

Hobbies and Interests:
I love reading books (fantasy mostly, and Joanne Harris, I love that woman's writing style ), I'm a sci-fi freak ( geek alert ), and for now that's enough

Favorite Music:
Dream Theater, Blind Guardian, Nine Inch Nails, Kate Nash...

Favorite Color(s):
purple and green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
for now, stationary bike

What are your fitness/health goals?:
I want to run and walk uphill without feeling like I'm gonna get a heart attack

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
there were no "triggers" but a month ago I had to go hiking with my college class and it wasn't very great experience of my life, I felt embarassed because I felt like my heart is going to pop out of my chest and my breathing sounded like a broken air-conditioner

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
finding right time for exercise. but I will tend to that shortly

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
-eat more fruit/vegetables
-exercise more
-eat less fat and more protein

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :

I really don't have that motivation, I just want to look normal and average...for now

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
I would like to wear cute vintage dresses and many many colors which if I would wear now, I'd look like a Picasso painting
Old 04-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Screen Name: KarenGinNJ

Age/Age Range: 54

Family Life: Happily married for almost 19 years. 4 kids, 1 still left at home but he's off to college in the fall.

Occupation: Independent Contractor. I work at home doing call center work and data entry.

Hobbies and Interests: I my computer! I also love when my kids visit and when I get to see my grandkids! I have 4 and they are the loves of my life!

Favorite Music: Oldies - 50s, 60s, 70s - Actually I pretty much can find something I like in all music.

Favorite Color(s): Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? Just to get healthier, not by dieting but by changing my way of eating.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw a woman on the Today Show, over 400 pounds, she lost over 200 of it simply by not going over 1200 calories per day. After she lost some of the weight she began exercising. (I have to do this as well.)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Making the correct choices.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Make correct eating choices. 2. Exercise. 3. Exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I just want to be able to go into a clothing store and find something I like, rather than something that will fit me.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sundress, high heels (not at the same time though LOL)

Karen
Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: vealcalf2000

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: married 6 yrs

Hobbies and Interests: Visiting 3FC's , reading, making blankets/pillows

Favorite Music: heavy metal, hard rock, alternative

Favorite Color(s): purple, red, blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I'd like to get under 200 lb again. I'm tall so being under 200 has always felt "thin" to me.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was busting out of my size 18 pants and switched to some elastic waist pants. One day I saw how awful I looked in them (huge waist awful tappered legs) then I peaked at the tag size and they were 3x! Size wise I didn't need to wear a size 3x (just the nature of those pants a size 10 or a size 20 can wear the same pants! and both look equally awful!) What a slap in the face I got right back to 3FC site and didn't look back!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Snacking and carbs. Bread, pasta, potatoes call out my name but with my low blood sugar they are all big no no's.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Do more min at a time on the elliptical, snack less, resist the need to eat clear up till the 1800 cal I allow myself each day (If I'm full I shouldn't feel the need to eat those last 100-200 calories).

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Hmmm..there really isn't anyone I want to look better than. I just want to look the best I can. My motto has been "There is nothing sexier than confidence" and that's what I want to take back!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Clothes that are "modern" I live in jeans and man's t-shirts right now. I remember years back going to work and wearing a fire engine red blazer, a long skirt that had a sexy to the thigh slit, and a pair of sexy Mary Jane's (gosh I loved those shoes!) and I felt so confident. I want that back!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #485  

Screen Name: Rachey

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single, lives alone

Hobbies and Interests: Music, movies, hanging out with friends, dancing, going to concerts, reading, writing and crafts.

Favorite Music: I love it all...pop, rock, r&b, hip hop and country

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, weight lifting and kickboxing. I'd like to eventually give running a try, but I need to loose some more weight before I do that.

What are your fitness/health goals? Be a healthy bmi and be in shape.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had previously lost about 40 pounds but hadn't continued to lose weight and put it back on plus more. And if I kept up the bad eating habits and not exercising I would have to buy new clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? snacking & trying not to drink too much on the weekends

Exercise - work out more
Diet - Eat less fat and eat more fruits and vegetables

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? No one, just be a sexier me, lol.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Tank tops and sleevless shirts and dresses, I hate my flabby arms. Also I'd like to feel comfortable wearing short skirts and dresses.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #486  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi, I'm new here. Again. I was losing weight, then I became pregnant. Then I had a miscarriage. So now I am trying to lose the baby weight, without a baby. Anyway, I firmly believe in calorie-counting to lose weight. I am zigzagging my daily intake so that I average 1200 cals a day for the week. And for exercise, I am using resistance tubes for strength training and muscle building as described in The Cardio-Free Diet (though I do not follow the diet in the book). Glad to be here.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #487  

Screen Name: gaia3

Age/Age Range: 50s

Family Life: Empty nest being filled by 8 cats

Hobbies and Interests: Animals, computers, tv

Favorite Music: I don't like music

Favorite Color(s): sage

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: None

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm trying to lose 10 lbs at a time as goals.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Getting older and being fearful I wouldn't be able to keep my independence.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Lack of support since I live alone.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Need to move more, eat less processed foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit so I can enjoy the beach again.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #488  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Fluffy Butt

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: Married, no kids, Hubby in Iraq, constantly being deployed

Hobbies and Interests: TV, ballroom dancing(when hubby is home), rides my Harley

Favorite Music: I love everything except rap and hard metal

Favorite Color(s): Pink and Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I did Body for Life in the past and will be doing a 12 week challenge in May

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be 140 lbs and want to be a healthy weight when I get pregnant

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My husband gained 15lbs of muscle when in Iraq. I figure if he could do that while fighting a war I could lose the weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. It has become my comfort and friend, especially when he is gone. Not so much when he is home though.

Getting back into the routine of exercising, drinking enough water and planning my meals out/

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than one of my friends (who will remain nameless.)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear my hot pink halter dress and go dancing with my husband.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name:beliter

Age/Age Range:30 something

Family Life:married,2 boys & 1 furbaby(cat named Smokey)

Hobbies and Interests:crafts

Favorite Music:mostly 80's

Favorite Color(s):neutrals

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:my cardio xersice bike & walikng

What are your fitness/health goals?to lose some pounds to feel & look better,I carry all of my xtra weight around my mid section & I believe that has caused alot of my illnesses

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? been wanting to for awhile to look better but here recently I've been sick alot with stomach problems & serious acid reflux

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?wanting to eat just cause it's there

* drink more water
*get motivated to xercise more
*drink more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : all the young girls at work

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?I want a new outfit with the cute little shirt & fitted capris(a bathing suite would really be nice)
Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 AM   #490  

S/C/G: 188/180/150

Height: 5'8

Screen Name: veganruthie

Age/Age Range: 24, birthday is in August

Family Life: Happily married to veganhusband for almost 4 years now. 1 chubby dog, 1 chubby cat, 1 old man cat and two ccrrraazzzyy chinchillas

Hobbies and Interests: playing with the fur children, walking, reading, simple cooking, simple crafts (knitting washcloths, sewing skirts, etc)

Favorite Music: anything I can sing along to, lots of girly folk like Ani DiFranco and Sarah McLachlan and almost anything from the 70s and 80s

Favorite Color(s): Green and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Long, LONG walks

What are your fitness/health goals? Maintenance, mostly, drop the rest of the weight I regained over the winter.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I lost 40 pounds when I moved out on my own with my husband, it crept back quickly but leveled off at 160ish. Over the winter here in Montana I was really inactive and one morning the scale said "170" and I knew it was time to try harder.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I like to eat large quantities of unhealthy things very fast.

Walking, rain or shine, or I ought to say snow or sun. I hate the snow.
Listening to my body
Thinking before I put food in my mouth

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I'm pretty happy with my current sexiness ;-)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to wear a bikini again this summer.

Nice to meet ya :-)
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 AM   #491  

S/C/G: 167/167/140

Height: 5'5

Screen Name:
Totally_Xonkers
Age/Age Range:
early 20's
Family Life:
I have an excellent family, some of whom I live with, but most of them live within driving or walking distance.
Cocktail waitress
Hobbies and Interests:
I work too much and spend the rest of my time with the puppies and my family
Favorite Music:
I have a weakness for '80s hair bands
Favorite Color(s):
green
Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
running, exercise ball, walking, hiking
What are your fitness/health goals?
to become more active and have fun
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
there are a few things too sensitive to go into right now
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
being consistent
motivation to get moving
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
...my oldest sister in high school
What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Shorts
Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #492  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: Fauxtini

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life:Engaged

Occupation: none at the moment...visiting fiance in the US and am Canadian Can't work here

Hobbies and Interests:the outdoors, reading, fashion, cooking

Favorite Music:ani difranco, pearl jam, neyo, beyonce, Damian marley, Beenie man, millions more!

Favorite Color(s)lum, avocado green

Favorite Exercise/Workoutshe biggest loser cardio max, denise austin's cardio blast, WATP

What are your fitness/health goals?I want to be 180 by july, 2010 by creating a healthy lifestyle i can do for life. ( following the glycemic index and working out daily)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had been playing with the fact for a long time.. and just one day it clicked.. i was ready. It was time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not becoming obsessed with weightloss and what's best and i'm easily peer pressured!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I want to figure out the best amount of calories for optimum weightloss, I want to realize that weekends aren't an excuse to eat what I want, I want to put be able to bake for family and friends and NOT lick the spoon everytime once the batter's been poured!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Im calling my diet BEYONCE BOOTCAMP. So at least LIKE her woul dbe great!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I just can't wait to shop at regular sized clothing stores. more specifically.. hmm... bikini tops!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #493  

S/C/G: 193/182/147

Height: 5'8

Screen Name:CassAngelidy

Age/Age Range:27 (28 in August)

Family Life:Married for 3 years, 2.5 year old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: Family and friends, reading and once upon a time working out

Favorite Music:Robert Miles, Massive Attack, DT's

Favorite Color(s):Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workoutsurbo Jam and weight lifting

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 30 pounds and keep up with my daughter.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just sick and tired of being soooo out of shape. Running up stairs gets my heart pounding and I don't like that.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying committed.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not letting a little slip up ruin my whole day, work out regularly, staying within my 1500 calories.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My twin sister. She has always weighed less than me, I have always been more muscular than she is, but I want to stop being the chubby twin.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? These really cute jeans my husband helped me pick out when we were dating. He was speechless when I turned around. I'd love to get into those again.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #494  
Fiber is my Friend

S/C/G: 488/353/250ish

Height: 5'11"

Smile Hello Everyone

Screen Name: FiberFan

Age/Age Range: 47

Family Life: Married without children.

Occupation: Retired Geriatric Nurse/Professional Nanny/Graphic Designer

Hobbies and Interests: Film buff. Gardening. Photography. Scrapbooking. Book Worm. Cooking from scratch and developing high fiber recipes. Annoying folks about the benefits of dietary fiber.

Favorite Music: A little bit of everything from Rap to Country to Classical to Alternative and Pop.

Favorite Color(s): Earth Tones, all shades of Green.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing, Walking and Swimming.

What are your fitness/health goals? To get a little bit healthier each and every day. I'm not in a race, I'm on a journey.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I saw the doctor's scale say I weighed as much as one of my horses (Shetland Pony) and the final nail? Becoming a Type 2 Diabetic.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The physical pains incurred by the breakdown of my body (arthritis, hypertension, diabetes) due to being so heavy for most of my life.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? To just keep on doin what I'm doin cuz it's workin.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? My old self. For reals.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? That green dress.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #495  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

Screen NameaDuck

Age/Age Range: 36....37 on the twenty-fifth of May

Family Life: Living in sin with 2 fur babies

Occupation: Crash Test Dummie for the Swedish Adult Educational System

Hobbies and Interests: hmm.....

Favorite Music: Metal, Swing, Big Band, Rock-a-billy, Psycho-billy

Favorite Color(s): Green and Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Lifting that cider can to my mouth. I actually like the rowing machine.

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to play soft ball again. To be able to run. To be able to walk 2 flights of stairs without stopping

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A picture of me where I didn't recognise the girl in the pic.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food. I loooooooooooooooooooove food! Getting my butt to the gym. Once I am there I am fine but it is actually GETTING there.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, knowing what foods to buy because foods here don't have all those nice labels on them like they do in the states and my endurance.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My friend Anna. She could wear a trash bag and look AWESOME.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This dress. SIGH

Last edited by DaDuck; 05-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Closed Thread