Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #271  

Screen Name: Slimin07

Family life: Divorced, 1 daughter age 23

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Reading, Movies, Sports (viewing)

Favorite Music: Any except rap or alternative.

Favorite Color(s): Turqoise, red, pink, purple

Favorite exercise/workouts: None yet, hopefully that will change.

What are your fitness/health goals? My goal is to undo some of the damage that being obese has done to my body and to ward off any future health problems.

Trigger to change: My feet and back hurt all the time, and I hate the way I look and feel.

Struggle: I'm an emotional eater. I'm single and I don't have alot of friends and at 43 I'm not sure how to go about making new friends. My tendency to be a hermit so I won't have to go places by myself leads to eating from loneliness and boredom. That's why I'm here. Maybe on my lonely evenings I can find a friend to chat with here instead of eating.

3 things to improve: I definitely need to exercise, get out of the house more to avoid binge eating, and have a more positive attitude.

Evil motivaton: None. I don't care about looking better than anyone else. I just want to be healthy and as attractive as I can be.

What do I want to wear at goal weight: Pencil skirts and nice heels.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #272  
Flowers Only

S/C/G: 236/200/150

Height: 5'4"

Screen Nameeresa K M

Age/Age Range:48

Family Life:Single

Hobbies and Interests:Family and excercising

Favorite Music:Soft Rock

Favorite Color(s):Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Excercise Bike

What are your fitness/health goals? loose 105 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? New Year 2006

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Not using food as a pleasure

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
More vegtables - Water - More excercise
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
My sister - Gail

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Any size 8
Old 12-28-2006, 12:33 AM   #273  

Screen Name: MizzDeeva91

Age/Age Range: 15

Family Life: Lame

Hobbies and Interests: Being me.

Favorite Music: Neo-Soul

Favorite Color(s): Blue and Brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Tae-bo

What are your fitness/health goals? Feel great and look great.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes are "shrinking."

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't like to sweat, but it's necessary.

I need to learn to like vegetables, I need to stay away from the junk food, and drink more water.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? What I look like now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A skin tight dress.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Screen Name: soon2beslim

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: Married, 2 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, crafts

Favorite Music: I like anything

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: treadmill and videos

What are your fitness/health goals? i have high blood pressure and would like to see it improve. i would like to exercise more, at least 4 days per week.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
my health - blood pressure

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? getting blood presure down and I also have an under active thyroid.

I need to drink more water, need to eat healthy, and get in more exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : nobody, just better than I do now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a swim suit.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Screen Name: Sharonlee

Age/Age Range: 40

Family Life: Married, 1 son

Hobbies and Interests: Puzzles, cooking, and Ebay

Favorite Music: Mostly country

Favorite Color(s): Purple and black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to feel better about myself and tone up.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I hate looking in the mirror.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise.

I need to drink more water, eat better, and get in more exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Little tops.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 158/155/130

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: kelo1185

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: single, living with my two older sisters

Hobbies and Interests: Running, reading, shopping, traveling, spending time with family/friends, spending time with my dogs

Favorite Music: basically everything under the sun

Favorite Color(s): blue, green, white, black...

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running, core stability exercises

What are your fitness/health goals? to lose 25 lbs by memorial day

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? how i feel in my clothes... i'm very uncomfortable and used to be so fit and healthy! also, I live in southern california and i'm constantly surrounded by beautiful/healthy people.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? giving in to junk food on the weekends and giving in to social drinking.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control, exercise routine, and overall health

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? i would like to look as good as (not better) than my sisters

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my old college clothes/jeans!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #277  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My sister, but she's a size 8 so it'll never happen!!
Wow - it's a whole year since I posted this. I have lost 67 pounds and my sister has put on about 30.

We are now wearing the same size clothes but she's about 5 inches smaller than me so she looks bigger on it. So I actually looked better than her this Christmas for the very first time ever in my whole entire life!!!

Is it rotten to be a tiny bit pleased about this?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 175/157/130

Height: 5'3

Cool

Screen Name: Juliette2435

Age/Age Range:18-24

Family Life: Happy

Hobbies and Interests: Alot Of Differant Things

Favorite Music: Alittle Of Everything...Big BonJovi Fan!

Favorite Color(s): Black, Pink, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Anything....Bellydancing, Elipitical, Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? I Wanna Make It To Around 130lbs....Give or Take.....

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I Have Been Trying All Along. I Joined Weight Watchers About 2 Years Back And Managed To Lose 72 Pounds. I Did A Pretty Decent Job Of Keeping It Off. I Only Gained Back About 15lbs And I Was Eating Everything Is Sight. I Had About 40 More To Lose But I Fell Off The Wagon And Have Yet To Make If Completely Back On.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Junk Food...I Am The Biggest Junk Food Junkie Ever!!!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I Need To Start Toning, Working On A Specific Plan, And Stay Away From The Bordom Eating.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I Wouldn't Say Better Then...I'd Settle For As Good As....My Best Friend....She's Been A Size 3 Since She Was Born!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Baby Tee's And Haulter Tops And Of Course The Little Black Dress!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'3

Default Hello all

Screen Name:Ieschia

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Single, spend most of my time with neice & nephew (Katera (4) & Kimani (3))

Favorite Music: Varies- love "Jesus take the wheel" Carrie Underwood, ~"Irreplaceable" Beyonce'

Favorite Color(s): blue

What are your fitness/health goals? more active/40 lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My thighs

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? inactivity

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Better planning of meals, having healthy snacks alvb, excercise plan i won't get bored with

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister, who has no problem with how her clothes fit

My blue halter top I purchased over a year ago, this time i will lose the weight to wear it.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #280  
Too Thick Chick

S/C/G: 288

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Screen Name:BigGirlsDontCry

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Married with two step daughters

Favorite Music: Anything but polka, bluegrass or techno.

Favorite Color(s): I love all colors, i cant pick a favorite it depends on my mood.

What are your fitness/health goals? find a fitness routine that works for me and i can stick with. Slowly chip away at all these extra pounds!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I wanna buy my underoos in victoria's secret!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Time and effort!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Finding an exercise program that i can stick to, eating what and when i should, not getting discouraged.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister in law, she just gives me that look and i would like to smack her face!

Short shorts and skimpy tanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 167/137/130

Height: 5' 2"

Screen Name: guatoncita (a spanish word for chubby, been called it since I was little. I hate it, haha.)

Age/Age Range:19

Family Life: I'm single and living with my parents but that might change soon.

Occupation: I just finished high school a month ago. I'm currently taking a year off to work and save up money for college.

Hobbies and Interests: family, friends, music, animals, fast rides.

Favorite Music: sufjan stevens

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: belly dancing

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to reach 130(or less) by the summer. I want to finally be able to wear a small bathing suit without a big saggy t-shirt on top.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I reached my highest weight I decided I had to make a change.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
I struggle with my self image so I get depressed and eat as a distraction.

1. eat in smaller portions
2. end the midnight snacking
3. set excersize goals because currently they are non-existent

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
scarlett johansson.

hah!

All of my sister's clothes
(she's a model so I have a long way to go)
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #282  
Here we go again...

Height: 5"2

Screen Name: Serena A

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married

Favorite Music: Pet Shop Boys

Favorite Color(s): Blue

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose weight in order to help lower my blood pressure.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing a photo that was taken at work and thinking it was a picture of one of the really "big" girls in the office before I realised it was me...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Keeping it up!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Getting rid of that niggly feeling of wanting to eat even when I'm not hungry, sticking with my exercise routine when I've had a bad day, making healthier choices.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My work colleague who started Weightwatchers 4 months ago and has lost 24 lbs and gets load of compliments!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A decent outfit for girly nights out.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:34 AM   #283  

Height: 5'2.5"

Screen Name: Sakuya3834

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: Married

Favorite Music: Modern rock, top 40

Favorite Color(s): Pink, purple

What are your fitness/health goals?
To have a body fat of 18%

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I had high blood pressure and a resting heart rate of 121 when I was only 17 years old. When I got married I was at an all time high of 195 lbs and looked and felt awful.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not binging

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not exercising, eating when bored, eating enough calories without binging

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? All the girls I went to school with who called me fat.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bikini, miniskirts, shorts, cute shirts that show off some belly
Old 01-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #284  
Stephanie

Screen Name:Fl-Mom-of-2 (Stephanie)

Age/Age Range:35

Family Life:Married 2 children 8 & 4

Hobbies and Interests: stuff my kids are into - gymnastics & baseball!! I love to read and watch Food Network!!

Favorite Music: Country and Top 40

Favorite Color(s): Green, purple, teal

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Turbo Jam and WATP walk/jog

What are your fitness/health goals? To loose the weight (AGAIN) but to keep it off!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I got on the scale after Christmas and realized how much I had gained the past 6 months!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Junk food and social drinking

Snacks
More exercise
Less going out to eat

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself right now!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bikinis and size 4 again!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #285  
Jo

S/C/G: 196/194/168

Height: 5'8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen Name: killmissamerica0

Age/Age Range: 18

Family Life: parents and sister at home, currently living at university

Hobbies and Interests: films, books, music, etc

Favorite Music: dance

Favorite Color(s): pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: swimming/running

What are your fitness/health goals? to be able to run without getting out of breath! also to not be in the overweight range anymore.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? realising that i was approaching 200 pounds, as well as a few new friends from uni commenting on old pictures of me, the first thing they all said was i looked skinner

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not giving up if i make a mistake, not having faith in myself, eating when bored!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? eating less stuff like cheese and pasta, actually exercising more!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister or my ex best friend who called me fat!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a short skirt and a tight top and look GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Closed Thread