Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Pretty Little Dress

Age/Age Range: 33

Family Life: Husband, four kids, a dog, 2 cats and 2 rabbits

Hobbies and Interests: Gardening

Favorite Music: Anything but country and rap

Favorite Color(s): White
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose and then maintain I can lose, I've just had a horrible time maintaining

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?

Seeing a pic of myself from our recent family vacation

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Consistancy

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Following through even during stressful times

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My husband, Ha! I hate being bigger than he is

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
A pretty little dress of course!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #257  

S/C/G: ?/?/150

Height: 5'6

Name : Marlene

Family Life:Married 1 child a beautiful 2yr old girl

Hobbies:Reading and writing

Favorite Music:rap and R&b no hard metal rock

Favorite colorink yellow red black
Favorite exercise:aerobic... taebo ...walking
What are your fitness /health goals? To lose weight at least 140 pounds ..I'm obese I cant believe I allowed myself to get this way.
What was the trigger or incident that made you decide that it is time to lose weight and become more fit? Today I was on the internet on a hair forum and the topic was R&B singer Gerald Levert dies of heart attack at the age of 40..I dont know why but it click..that could be me plus earlier I went to get my blood pressure check 150/90..REALITY CHECK I'm playing with my life I cant do this I cant leave my daughter witout a mom I refuse not like this not because I cant stop being selfish..(I want what I want even thought I know it's un healthy)

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?How can I put it I basically struggle with self...consistancy..letting go of my Pepsi and fatty foods.

Evil Motivation Who do you want to lookk better than? I just want to look like the Marlene I knew not this person I become..**** eventhought I'm fat I 'm definetly not ugly..

What can you not wait to wear when at your goal weight?Well I would love to wear jeans without a gut..I would love to wear thongs low riser jeans (not at the same time of course) wear revealing yet tasteful clothings instead of this crab..I just want to be me..(the real me again she in there )
Old 11-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: MissieA

Age/Age Range: Will be 34 on 12/15.

Family Life: I'm a married mother of 3 beautiful girls (ages 14,11 and 8).

Occupation: I have 3 jobs. I'm a Retail Marketing Manager, Dance Instructor(jazz,hip hop and clogging) and a part time police officer.

Hobbies and Interests: I love to dance, sing and spend time with my family. I also enjoy scrapbooking.

Favorite Music: I listen to just about everything.

Favorite Color(s): Don't really have one. I like many.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing of course.

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 50 pounds and to lower my cholesterol level.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I looked at pictures of me on vacation in St. Maarten and I noticed it looking in the mirror during a dance class.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not losing fast enough to satisfy my impatient side.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My water intake, exercise more and not waste my 1500 calories on junk food.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My best friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a two piece bathing suit.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #259  

Red face New Here

Screen Name:
Doorlady
Age/Age Range:
Family Life:
Married - 2 boys 18 and 3
Project manager

Hobbies and Interests:
Need some besides kids

Favorite Music:
All of it

Favorite Color(s):
Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Total Gym

What are your fitness/health goals?
To get healthier. To be able to run a mile
To fit into my old clothes

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
Tired all of the time. Spent Sunday in the bed.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Exercise Discipline
Depression,Tiredness
What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Exercise discipline, calorie counting,maintaining

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hsubands Ex

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?tight Jeans
Old 11-15-2006, 12:59 AM   #260  
wannabethinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
Screen Name: Redeemed

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married daughter of one.... foster mother to different girls at different times.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and watching movies

Favorite Music: Contemporary Christian music and oldies

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Dancing

What are your fitness/health goals?: Lose weight to be healthier and look better.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Just tired of half way trying.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating... I have an addiction to good food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to eat smaller portions, I need to exercise with more regularity, I need to eat better types of food.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hmmmm... I don't know

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
"you are soooo skinny"
Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #261  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: Eiluj

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Married with a herd of cats.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading reading reading and more reading.

Favorite Music: I like everything.

Favorite Color(s): Red.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Stationary bike.

What are your fitness/health goals? I'm afraid of diabetes, so I want to avoid that. I would also like to be able to do bending and stooping things without feeling lightheaded!

Nothing really specific. My husband was getting into shape, and I wanted to say "Me, too!"

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I've got fatigue almost constantly. Doctors haven't given me any diagnosis other than the nots. It's not thyroid or diabetes or heart or ...

I need to get more water and more fiber. I do okay with the fiber, but water? I'm bad.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current me!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Not so much what I want to wear as just where I want to shop. I want a Victoria's Secret bra, dangit!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 217/190/140

Height: 9'10

Age/Age Range:24

Family Life: boyfriend and son 9months

Hobbies and Interests:reading, , movies, cooking, travel, fashion losing weight

Favorite Music: chilled trip hop eletro jazz
Favorite Color(s): green browns reds
Favorite Exercise/Workouts:cross trainer

What are your fitness/health goals? to be 140lb size 8/10 uk sizes, be able to run up a flight of stairs without really noticing
What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? all my clothes are two small i feel unsexy and notice a change in how people are with me.
What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? i never feel full, and love food socally its very hard.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? binge eating, daily exercise, motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? my sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? spaggetti string vest/ my red bikini
Old 11-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Screen Name: Mami

Age/Age Range: 38

Family Life: mother of baby girl

Hobbies and Interests: right now, babies

Favorite Music: salsa

Favorite Color(s): aqua blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: weights

What are your fitness/health goals? tone up/lose plenty of weight

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I gained a lot during my pregnancy and its time to get back in shape!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? little mini binges

lately I've been pretty good, but I need to improve on my consistency: I tend to eat a lot and not work out when I'm home; when I'm at work, I hardly eat and I go to the gym in the afternoon

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a pair of jeans that look really hot!
Old 12-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #264  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: petra6998
Age/Age Range: 27
Family Life: married with a girl that is 7 and a boy that will be 5 on the 14th

Hobbies and Interests: NASCAR, playing pool

Favorite Music: I love all kinds of music, except polka, just can't get into that

Favorite Color(s): Black
Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I would have to say that it would be water, but none really are yet.
What are your fitness/health goals?I would like to learn to love excerise (sp?) and get muscle in places that it should be.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The fact that I still weigh the same the day I did when I came home after the birth of my son, and that my weight and fitness level is all ready taken a toll on my body.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?Learning to eat healither food. Also working out.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Endurance, Patient and Willpower

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Jennifer Aninston or Gwen Stafani, lmao

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?My size 6 jeans!! I have had them since High School just waiting for me.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM   #265  
outnumbered!

S/C/G: 186/182/140

Height: 5 3

Screen Name: Justcath

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: married 8+ years, 4 boys 10,7,21 months and 2 months

Hobbies and Interests: knitting, photography,

Favorite Music: anything but country

Favorite Color(s): Maroon this week

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: the kind that is easy! LOL

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose my baby weight, tone my body, eat better, and lose the bingo wings!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I couldn't run after my toddler without being out of breath and feeling self conscious in public. Plus, my son told me he was worried I would have a heart attack.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I emotionally eat, eat when bored, get depressed about eating to much, eat some more! it vicious, that cycle.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More healthy foods, exercise more than 2 times a week and drink more water!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My husbands ex wife.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The black leather skirt Dh bought me the last time I lost 50 pounds. He LOVES that thing and I look SO good. And a great pair of jeans.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #266  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Screen Name:flower

Age/Age Range:37

Family Life:married, 4 sons

Hobbies and Interests:crafting, reading

Favorite Music:rock

Favorite Color(s):blue, copper, deep red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking

What are your fitness/health goals?under 150, improve health

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? still wearing stuff I wore pg

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?staying on track

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?moving more!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :almost everyone, lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?a non skirted bathing suit
Old 12-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 226/203/150

Height: 5ft 5"

Geographical location: Tiverton, Devon, UK

Marital Status: BF (3 years)

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: Contemporary jewellery/Gallery Manager and Part time Nanny

Pets: 2 snails and Goldfish (only just though, he's swimming upside down today )

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, cooking, eating, skiing
Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/Changable (!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'm sure i have been dieting for about 25 years, dont remember ever not watching my weight

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I blame my french mother- red wine and goooood cheese and home cooking. I need to control emotional eating too.

Following any specific plan: Not at present, i have been following a very strict low carb diet, but was finding it far too difficult, so now i am counting calories....eating lots of fruit and veg and very little fat. I'm buying no convienience foods and cooking everything from scratch, preferably organic produce.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am now the lightest that i have been in 10 years and i'm determined not to gain any weight again, no more yo-yo dieting. My patner jimmy and i would love to start a family in the next 2 years, and i want to make sure i am at target before i do!

I look forward to knowing you all better and sharing weight loss tips and hints and most of all success!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #268  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: 100percentME
I chose this name because im always trying to be someone im not, but on this site i swear i wont be fake to you guys!

Age/Age Range: 15

Family Life: Single; Live at home with my parents, 2 sisters, and one brother

Hobbies and Interests: music- l play several instruments, church activities, reading,

Favorite Music: rock/punk rock

Favorite Color(s): blue and brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: DDR, anything that is fun so that it doesnt seem like exercise

What are your fitness/health goals?: To have more energy

I dont feel good, physically i constantly feel sick, and emotionally i dont like the way i look.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I am an emotional eater. Whenever i have had a bad day, or am stressed, worried, ect. junk food seems to be calling my name.

1) Eat more veggies, i love fruit but veggies dont taste good unless you add something
2) Eat more healthy foods and less proceded junk
3) Drink less soda (even though its diet i still drink too much)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? I have a friend who is so thin and popular and perfect. I want to look as good (or better) than her. ( I feel so aweful putting that in writing!! )

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A really cute short demin skirt that i havent worn in almost 3 years (its a size 6)
Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 AM   #269  

Screen Name: smartbutt

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: Engaged (wedding 10/07), 3 bouncing baby kitties

Hobbies and Interests: I'm boring.

Favorite Music: My favorite all-time is Barenaked Ladies.

Favorite Color(s): Light blue/periwinkle

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals? My health goal is to not follow in my family's poor gene-footsteps. My fitness goal is to be able to run an entire 5k and not have to walk.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? The last 5 lbs I gained that put me very close to 200 lbs. That was scary.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Self-sabotage by "rebelling" against myself and eating fast food.

I should learn to like more veggies. I'm too picky. Exercise, I need to be more consistent.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? My sister, who lost her extra 35 lbs a few years ago and hasn't stopped letting me know that, since.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding dress!

Last edited by SmartButt; 12-21-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #270  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Screen Name: wannabehotagain

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: 1 husband, 2 chocolate labs

Marketing & Technical Writing

Hobbies and Interests: traveling, reading, sports, eating (yikes!)

Favorite Music: Top 40, no rap

Favorite Color(s): black, blue, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: volleyball

What are your fitness/health goals? To eat healthy foods and exercise on a regular basis.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at pictures of myself from a recent get-together. EEK!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising as much as I should.

Cut out sweets, don't over eat, get into a good eating habit and stay there.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? Myself when I look in the mirror right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts without my thighs rubbing!
Closed Thread