S Hot choc, fettucine, ground turkey, steamed vegs
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #152  

Wed
B coffee, shake, tomato focaccia, omelet
L chicken, salad
D hot choc
S egg white cooked in pan with cabbage, garlic. drizzle of tamari sauce

Busy work days made me hungry. I have stuck to low carb, calories have been on the high side. When I get too hungry, I overcompensate. I have been noticing that when I don't eat to the point of feeling stuffed, I feel very wonderful physically.

Last edited by Sundove; 01-31-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #153  

Thurs

Calories 1200, maybe 1300 with bedtime snack

B coffee/shake
S HB eggs, cucumber
L salad w vegs, chicken breast, Bragg's dressing
S chicken broth with cabbage
D fettucine with marinara, ground turkey, parmesan

I was really busy at work today--in a good way. I didn't think about food. Much.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-01-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #154  

Fri
It helped to get really hungry yesterday, although I overcompensated and felt stuffed after dinner.

B shake/coffee
S HB egg, cucumber
L salad, chicken breast
S fettucine with ground turkey, broccoli
D Panda Express Kung Pao chicken & steamed vegs,
S chicken, hot choc

Calories ~1800

Last edited by Sundove; 02-03-2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:04 AM   #155  

Monday
Two days of overeating and having carbs. Not great for weight loss but good in other ways. When I limit carbs without a break, my eyes get very dry & I develop issues staying asleep. I guess that carbs are essential precursors to chemicals my body makes to lubricate my eyes & keep me asleep. So the breaks from diet are useful--as long as they are infrequent and as long as I get back on track. So far so good.

B shake/coffee
S HB egg, cucumber
L salad with vegs, MCT oil, chicken
S clementine orange
D pasta marinara with ground turkey, broccoli
S hot choc, extra chicken

Last edited by Sundove; 02-05-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #156  

Fri
Busy week with some big slips, and getting back to the plan. I forgot that when I eat the things I like in the quantities I like, my senses are dulled and I lose my optimism. i'm working on some tweaks to help with the unpleasant hungry feeling I get in the morning. It's a narrow line to walk--if I eat more than a little low carb breakfast, I feel starved all day.
B cheese steak pasta protein packet with cabbage. Shake and coffee
L salad with chicken, MCT oil & coco aminos
S cucumber and carrot sticks
D 1/2 roasted chicken
S ?

1252 calories
Old 02-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #157  

Sat
B shake, coffee, HB egg, cabbage
L rotisserie chicken from Costco, salad with vegs, MCT oil, coco aminos (no sampling at Costco)
D bar that came with NashuaNutrition order, coffee with splash of shake
S chicken, hot chocolate

I have not been drinking 2L water for the last few days.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-11-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #158  

Sun
Weight up, still shedding the past week's fun eating. Today's challenge is grocery shopping. GOAL: get my salad fixings without a stop at the hot bar. The prepared omelets call out to me. They aren't the worst thing for my plan, but they set me up for a day of off plan eating.PLAN Eat something beforehand; detour around the hot bar without looking at it and get nothing but lettuce, salad vegs, MCT oil if on sale.

RESULTS Some things are hard for me to resist and it is best to figure out a way to avoid them altogether. While steering around the hot bar, a fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza with topping I like came into my line of sight. I bought a slice and ate only the topping, 2 bites of crust. The things I like to add to my salads are julienne raw carrots and beets, paper-thin sliced red onion. To get these things requires a trip past the prepared food bar. This is always an ordeal and lately I don't tolerate the feeling of deprivation very well.

I will try spiralizing my salad vegs in order to totally skip the dangerous part of the grocery store. For today, I will balance out the pizza by having a light dinner and limit my snacks. I really want to get into my clothes!

B shake/coffee, a few bites of chicken
L salad with vegs, chicken, coco aminos & evoo. Pizza topping, 2 bites of crust.
D chicken, dark & light meat, 0-cal BBQ sauce, broccoli & carrots braised in chicken drippings
S Hot choc

2 L fluids

Last edited by Sundove; 02-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #159  

Monday
-.2 coming down gradually. A nice surprise, even though the scale doesn't reflect it, is that I had to go to the next tighter row of bra fasteners.

Today's challenge is to move more. I usually get at least 2 miles in at work. I'm going to add extra steps wherever possible today. Also some floor & upper body exercise.

B protein shake, coffee, HB egg
L salad, vegs,chicken, MCT oil & coco aminos
D chicken soup, broccoli, carrots
S cucumber & carrot sticks, chicken, hot choc

2L

Last edited by Sundove; 02-12-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #160  

Tuesday
Yesterday went well except for pre-bedtime grazing on chicken. Going to bed hungry makes for poor sleep. I sat too much this wknd and my back muscles are tight. Yesterday and today are stretching days and Alleve. If better, will hit it tomorrow with the increased movement. Goal for today is see if I will tolerate a little hunger before bedtime, and what effect on sleep.

B shake, coffee, HB egg, pickle
L salad, vegs, chicken, dressing of coco aminos and MCT oil--this is better than any ready-made dressing I have used.
D chicken soup with broccoli, carrots
S hot choc, cucumber & carrot sticks
Old 02-15-2018, 07:42 AM   #161  

Wed
Tuesday went ok except I did not tolerate hunger before bedtime, rather ate a lot of chicken. Still low carb, not low cal. My shape is slimming subtly. Although I am tempted to hurry the process, I seem to be unwilling to experience the feelings of hunger & deprivation that accompany it.

Wednesday was a difficult day. It started off with going to the one store that sells the protein shake I use. I also bought 2 Quest bars & 3 bags of Quest chips to try--research. I ate them all! There are stores I need to avoid for the time being, and this is one. From now on I'll order the shakes online, even though I prefer to support my local brick & mortar stores.

The day did not improve. V-Day is a bad anniversary for me. A long time ago, I experienced a home invasion in which I was raped at gunpoint. At the time, V-Day was a non event, just a kid's holiday. After it became an adult holiday, I couldn't help feeling badly on the day because of what happened to me. This year I decided to take back the day from the negativity and make it a different kind of anniversary. Well I did accomplish that, but not in the way I intended. I rear ended someone. Fortunately it was a just a fender bender, except that my car's hood is jammed so will require a more complicated repair. I will heretoforth remember Valentine's Day as the collision day. That's an improvement.

Calories turned out to be about 1500 as the rest of the day's eating was on track.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-15-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sundove:
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #163  

Thanks IPN!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #164  

Thursday
I'm happy to be on the other side of February, marching into spring and daylight.

B protein shake, coffee, vegs
Old 02-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I’m happy for you- I know the winter/lack of daylight causes problems
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote