Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

I'm here!

I want to be down to 175lbs by St Pat's - I'm at 180lbs now.

Gotta run!!!

(Guess who is super-busy? )
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #62  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

MrsLovett~awesome to fit into a size 2 would be like a miracle day for me & your soo close!!! I have posted a thread several months ago about height/weight/& what size do ya wear...anywas all that makes a difference ~And shapes does too. I am an apple shape..So My upper is bigger & my lower is smaller. Some pear shapes wear size 13 to 14 at the same height as me but a Xs or small in a top to where I am wearing 7/8's (AND THAT size 6 fit) In pants/ jeans But mediums & some large in tops still. If ya wanna check that thread out sometimes just click into my profile ~& threads started and it's title is What size do you wear because....It's very interesting to read.
Oh And A size 4 IS DREAMY TOO!! YOU GO GIRL!

farn00a57~hoping someone with help with the sugar subject~Maybe google it If noone knows.

thundahthighs~HEY BUSY GIRL! Gonna get into those 170's super quick with all that being busy!!!

I had a good calorie day....watched me some Amercian Idol ...Hate that show sometimes & love it too...I am a junkie for it & i adore ELLEN So I am glued!
I am waiting for some of my favorite shows to start there new seasons though ~such as GLEE, Army Wives, & Drop dead diva was pretty cool too!!
they should all start again in like April or May.
I am snowed in here in OHIO.
The kids are missing tons of school...We are gonna need supplies soon so I am hoping to get out of here By Thursday or Friday At least.
It is supose to snow more tommorrow & some flurries activity on thursday then a break friday then A winter storm again Over the weekend.
We just got At least a foot of snow! ITS A MESS But pretty too~MAKES ME WANNA SEE SPRING WEATHER THOUGH SOON!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A SUPER DAY!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-16-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #63  
In the desert...

I know I shouldn't say this, but I will say it and duck for cover - it was 71 degrees here today, and sunny. Ducking now from everyone east of the Rockies...

Sounds like everyone is going to try the Kashi crackers! I just Googled them - looks like there are five varieties (Original 7-grain, Fire Roasted Vegetables, Country Cheddar, Toasted Asiago, and Honey Sesame). The original 7 grain have 120 calories for 15 crackers (they're not big, but they are tasty), with 3.5g fat. I haven't tried the cheese or sesame ones, but I love the fire roasted veggie ones. I found them at Vons so they're easily available - I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks of them!

Another cracker option if you want more cracker is Wasa Crisp N Light 7 Grain (what's with the seven grains!) - three crispbreads are 60 calories and they're very light in texture. Also delicious with super strong cheese like blue cheese or goat cheese used very sparingly.

That's enough snack ideas from me for one day! Someone had a birthday in our office today and there was an ice cream cake. Luckily, it was a small one and our office manager cut super small pieces - yes, I had one and I worked out the calories based on the calories for 8 servings (it was cut into 20 pieces!). It was very tasty and 160 calories, which I was OK with. The rest of my day was on track and good choices, so I didn't mind a small treat - as long as I count it and journal it, and stay within my calories for the week, I'm good.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to start running again or not. I've had runner's knee and been off running for a couple of months. Swimming has helped, as has weight training, but horse riding doesn't help it and yet I'm not giving that up until my leg falls off! But I love running and really want to get back to it. I may try a small jog tomorrow and see how the knee holds up. I'm getting old - joints are hurting!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #64  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Today is a great day!!! I was at the gym yesterday and took the chance to weigh myself. I hadn't weighed myself for a couple of weeks and thought I would just jump on the scale since no one was around. I have lost 15 pounds in those two weeks. I was uberexcited.

Today I forgot to bring my shoes so I called my husband to bring them for me so I can still do my workout. I'm on plan and doing well.

Someone thought it was a good idea to bring chocolates and share with office. Well I was going to check the bag for the calorie count and work some in my budget. When I walked over to the bag, I decided I couldn't do it. I've been working to hard and it may trigger a cheat so I walked away.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post

Someone thought it was a good idea to bring chocolates and share with office. Well I was going to check the bag for the calorie count and work some in my budget. When I walked over to the bag, I decided I couldn't do it. I've been working to hard and it may trigger a cheat so I walked away.
Jigglefree: good for you!! I had that same exact situation yesterday as well. Some girl in my class brought hershey bars and M&M's to class. I was so tempted but just eat it. The happiness we're getting from the weight loss is more than we get from the chocolate! I just took one to be nice and threw it away at the end of class. haha oops.... it sat on my desk the whole class period taunting me but ended up in the trash in the end! willpower!!!! haha

Well i'm down another pound today!! So that is a total of 3 towards my goal so far. So far so good. Let's hope it keeps up! Off to work out for 45 minutes and the take the dog for a walk!

Have a good day everybody!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #66  
On My Way To Skinny

S/C/G: 239/239/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello Everyone!,
Just wanted to check in and say that I'm down a pound from last week, I know that doesn't sound like much. I am new to calorie counting and still trying to figure out my daily calorie range. Well Good luck everyone!
MyJourney2Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #67  
Oh buddy, it's on!

Hi everyone! Happy hump day! Yesterday was a solid day for me. I stayed OP, got in my veggies and got in a good workout at the gym! I also felt fabulous because I wore a skirt to work yesterday that I haven't been able to fit into comfortably in months! Sweet little victory!

Lori I'm an AI junkie myself. I have a couple of favorites so far this year but I can't remember their names! One of them, I think, is named Casey Johnson. He's from Texas, plays guitar, has long curly blonde hair, he's gorgeous and he can sing! I was so happy he made it on to the top 24!

Jules I went out and bought the Kashi 7 grain crackers at Target. They're delicious! I ate a serving yesterday with hummus. Very tasty!

jigglefree 15 lbs in two weeks is freakin' awesome! And deciding the chocolate was not worth it is also freakin' awesome! Go you!

farn The M&M's challenged you and you won!! Haha! I'm trying to beat the homemade fudge my boss brought it today. BTW, awesome job on the weighloss thus far!
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Farn - to answer your question about the sugar, well lactose and fructose are both natural sugars found in dairy and fruit. My doc said these two were okay for me to consume. I seem to have no issue with having either one, however if I eat stuff with sucrose in it (regular sugar) then I get really sick if it's anything more than about 10 grams at once. Also I think those naturally occuring sugars are better for you as far as if you crave sugar. If you try having fruit instead, I think it would curb your sweet tooth and not make your blood sugar levels go whacky. But I guess this is just my opinion..

Yesterday was good, was under calorie target again by 100 calories or so and walked even more yesterday (around 12,000 steps or so). I really have to get over to curves tonight though if I want to go 3 times this week. Geez, how did it become wednesday already?
kerbear879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #69  
NEVER GIVE UP

julesp313~WOW WHAT LOVELY WEATHER!!! I am so jealous!! hehehehe
Although I do enjoy waiting for the weather change here to see the easter lillies pop up & bloom! But the snow sucks so bad right now!! Enjoy some of that nice weather for me!

jigglefree~so glad your day was great!!!

farn00a57~WOW 3 pounds gone already? WAY TO GO!

MyJourney2Slim~ a pound means the world to me to lose So Its A HUGE DEAL!!!!C-O-N-G-R-A-D-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Katy05~AI TALK:
I know who your talking about the one that Kara Seems to have a thing for...LOL! I agree he is a pretty good singer! ~So Far I adore the colored gentlemen who was on the color purple Play thing~(musical) With Fantasia...I can not think of his name But geesh that guy can sing!
Another fav is the lady that is a bit hillbillyish and so far she aint made it in the top 24 but I am watching here in just a sec to see.
They showed her yesterday Singing/Playing guitar/ & a little harmonica playing...SHE WAS AWESOME! And she sang Natural Woman once and kicked but on it~gave me chills & that is AMAZING cause I usually do not get that attached to a singer!! But so far the one guy Is in that I mentioned above & I am hoping she is too cause They both are aweome!!! Oh & the girl that got in that had a best friend die ~She was awesome too~Some good choices this year so far~Will have to see.
I am too old for the show and always have been~they changed the age up a few years once I passed 28 LOL~I would have definetly tried out. I love to sing. I am an ok singer But I think alot of them on there this year could kick my butt! LOL

kerbear879
~good job with the calories!!

My day...Feel like crap~Just week feeling ~think it is time for TOM So I am weak and gasping for air and Feeling like crap~ughhhhhhhhh I am spotting But My blood is orange! It has been for the last couple of months....I am scared!
Gonna go lay down and watch American Idol It just came on!! Hope my girl gets in the top 24 If not~I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! I hope I feel better 2morrow. cause mmy car is stuck in my driveway. We got earlier but We got the car stuck coming back into the drive.

Last edited by Lori259; 02-17-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #70  
In the desert...

I only like the American Idol auditions where they show the poor deluded people who really believe they can sing. I know I can't sing, I'm under no illusions! How can you not know how awful you sound? Ah, fifteen minutes of fame...

The scale today was at the lowest I have seen in at least two years, if not longer. That was a nice start to the day. No office treats today, either - nothing to tempt me! Eating my butternut squash soup now, which is so good but I probably should have had a salad instead - this is cold weather food and it was very warm today. I won't brag about our weather, I promise! Won't tell you how I had to have the windows down in the car when I had to go to a client at 3pm... won't say that at all.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

JULES!

Congratulations on your new low weight!! Carrot dance for you, lady!

So -I'd LOVE to be 175 by St Pat's. Can't say if I'll make it or not - my exercise has been all but eliminated by a crazy new work schedule. I am hoping to start the 30-day Shred as soon as I can get my butt out of bed with a second to spare, and coupled with a drop in calories to 1450 - I might make it!
I'm going to have be utterly PERFECT from now until then, I am afraid. The good thing is, the job has all but eliminated dinner - so if I mind my P's and Q's during the day, dinner can be nice and light and I hardly miss it.

Lori, thanks for another highly motivating challenge. You're looking FOX-AY, you and your arm-candy hubby!

misspriss, if you're in here - look for someone called Kurt Johnsen on Veria TV... You'll ADORE him. Right amount of burn, right amount of "ahhhhhh"...
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #72  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

quicky post- Got to weigh in today and was happily a pound less than my scale seven pound to go to meet challenge goal sooo tired gotta get some zzz's NIGHT!
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #73  
NEVER GIVE UP

Back on Can not sleep ~feeling like crap.

jules~~yeah the ones that can not sing are hilarious & hurt my ears!!!I thought it was fake casue I coudn't believe they actually thought they was good until I went to one of my brothers houses After my fathers funeral 2 years ago for dinner and watched him hog the karaoke machine~OMG ~He sucked butt~He was worse than all I have ever saw on idol every~I SWEAR! And he thought he was awesome~OMG! And right after my dad dies~How pathetic he thought he was putting on a show for us to brighten us up I guess~Some people are just stupid I guess~LOL Or at least my brother seeems to be & Whew Lord ~Of course Me with my big mouth & honesty & being an absolute mess cause we had just buried my dad said to him...You know edgar(his name is edgar) You have got to be the absolute worst singer I have ever heard in my life and this I promise you On Our fathers grave and you are embarrissing the heck outta me and If I hurt your feelings I apologize but Your driving me nuts and I can think straight so please lay of the karaoke just for today until I am far away! He looked at me and smiled and said~Your so funny sis~your always joking~you crack me up and then he started singing.......knocking on heavens door~And I could not bear to listen to that song for months after that~LOL!(and not because of the words But his horrible singing!)
I know I was mean~But I was stressed and he honestly sucked!
Thanks GOD He is too old to try out for Idol too! LOL

Oh By the way to drive with the windows down~OH MY ~I might even listen to my brother sing again to enjoy that nice weather!!!(That would be a rough choice LOL)

thundahthighs~ Fox-Ay & My arm candy hubby~LOL I needed to read that ~I nearly peed my panst I laughed so hard!!!

LORRA~WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I had to eat over my calories I kept feeling like i was gonna quit breathing or pass out even...and I kept thinking maybe anemia...So I Ate some peanut butter....It was high in calories But Its been about 1 hour or longer ago and it seems to hae helped some...I quit shaking and I am breathing better as soon as I get my sar unstuck from the driveway I need to get my butt to the doctors office.
TALK TO EVERYONE LATER!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

You people keep just posting and posting!! lol there's no way I can comment on everyone! lol But it sounds like alot of you are doing GREAT on this challenge...and it sounds like you all have way more will power than me! they had chinese food brought in to the office for the Chinese New Year and of course I couldn't say no! I was doing good w/calories until today! lol

I'm good on the exercise part tho LoL... did C25K wk6 day 2 last night...woke up this morning and did Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds Power Mile followed up with Exercise TV Total Body Sculpt...I've never did any of the WATP workouts and I LOVED IT!! i got it through NetFlix to try it out, and now I wanna go buy it!! Has anyone tried any of the other WATP videos??? I thought about trying the 3mile one...any suggestions?

OH...BTW...I love AI also!! But I really don't like the auditions...I watch it if I can, but usually just delete them off the DVR...so I dont have a favorite yet, but the long hair blonde guy IS CUTE FOR SURE! lol

Last edited by KDM322; 02-18-2010 at 12:24 AM.
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Ugh. I think I spoke too soon!! I gained a pound back from the three I lost. I knew the scale wouldn't give it up that easy! I increased my exercise and everything, but oh well I guess. Still gonna keep on truckin'!!

Have a good day!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote