NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Aiesline ~cOME ON 182!!you can do it!!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I started the other challenge not thinking that someone was "in charge" of these holiday challenges. I'm new here! lol

I just wanted to be proactive and get motivated with my weight loss and have others join in if they like. No big deal!

Take care and good luck to everyone!

Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #18  
NEVER GIVE UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi78 View Post
I started the other challenge not thinking that someone was "in charge" of these holiday challenges. I'm new here! lol

I just wanted to be proactive and get motivated with my weight loss and have others join in if they like. No big deal!

Take care and good luck to everyone!

Noone is "in charge" of the challenges...We have many Holiday challenges started on 3fatchicks site....There is usually 4 to 5 running for each holiday. We just happened to start 2 for calorie counters~Which happens sometimes also~For St. Patricks day they will pop up every which way in all type of threads~Not sure why everyone is making a big deal over it. So no worries~you have every right to start a challenge as so does the next person...We are all here to lose weight Or get fit & A challenge is always A great way to Make our goals!! You Take Care also & goodluck with your goals.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #19  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

IM IN

For this challenge im going to aim for 4lbs...that will put me at 169 (OMG,DID I JUST SAY 169) still can't believe i weigh 173,lol...its been a long journey and so worth it

HELLO TO EVERYONE...gotta go,DH is giving me that "i can't believe your on the computer' look...
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #20  
NEVER GIVE UP

misspriss~WOW!!! 160's!!! YOU CAN SO DO IT GIRL! Congrads on 173 By the way!!! your Hubby Just wants some of your greatness today too~So we do not Blame him For his look He is giving you ~hehehehehe!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #21  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Glad to hear everyone had a nice valentines day!! I'm going to do the coupon idea next year

I didn't make my goal of at least 6 pounds or over....I thought I would lose big the first week of being back on plan...It's okay though slow and steady works too! Works better without chocolate and other goodies

Lets see for a goal I'm going to say 8 lbs. From last weigh in that will put me at 213...Thankfully we don't really do anything for st. patty's day other than wear green so there should be no high calorie treats to keep me from my goal. I also want to add regular exercise this challenge as well Using the wii fit or walking at least 4 days a week

Dh loved his taco bell and valentines cake! I also got him a card and a chocolate heart , and a huge reeses peanutbutter cup when we gave Valentines early on Monday...Never do that by the way then you end up doing sometime extra cause you feel bad for missing the actual holiday. I have to say though I like shopping on valentines day, you get to check out that lost look on all the guys faces shopping for last minute gifts...toooo cute

Off to do a wii workout to help with those extra calories today

Last edited by Losing4another; 02-14-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #22  
NEVER GIVE UP

Lorra~You crack me up! I adore ya!!!!!
So Glad your back for another challenge.... OH And By the way A HUGE reeses peanutbutter cup Sounds amazing! OMG!!! the calories in that sucker would be so worth it~during a craving~heheheheehe~Thank God I have none around me! Let me know if ya get a bite! I Use to eat a reeses peanutbutter cup everytime I Went grocery shopping and I aint had one in months ~proboly in over a year~Sounds so dang good! My hubby is like yours though they can eat anything an stay Slim~cause there really active I guess~LUCKY GUYS! Anyways HUGS TO YA & goodluck with those 8 pounds ~YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-14-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

I'm in. I'm pretty sure I posted to to the other challenge too!. My goal is to have my BMI out of the obese range and into the overweight range by St. Patty's Day.

Last edited by mkyice; 02-14-2010 at 10:17 PM.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #24  
NEVER GIVE UP

Welcome Mkyice~SO GREAT OF A GOAL!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

You can be in the other challenge/this one /or both ~its your choice.
Either way~I wish you luck with your goal!!
By the way,
My daughter is gonna love it when I tell her where your from ~Japan! She so wants to go over there for a visit when she turns 18.
She is totally amazed with Japan! She will be 17 years old May 17th!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #25  

Lori~ we just go where the Navy sends us. I have to say Japan is one of the more interesting places we've been sent! :~) My oldest loves it here; she's 18.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #26  
In the desert...

MissPriss - I realized if I meet this challenge goal, I'll also be in a new decade. That's pretty motivating - sadly it won't be the 160's but hey, a new decade is a new decade! Hopefully we both make our goals.

Lori - how amazing to be 3lbs away from 100lbs lost. I sure hope you have a seriously good celebration when you meet that goal within the next four weeks. That's so impressive.

I just had such a good "dessert". I mixed a fat free blackberry yogurt with 2tbsp ground flaxseed (it's really good for digestive assistance, if you know what I mean, plus I love the taste and texture!) and a chopped banana. It was so good and naturally very sweet - I was OK with the hubby eating ice cream and I didn't want to smack the spoon out of his mouth.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Lori I'M IN! Doing the V-day challenge with you and everyone was one of the best things I've done in my life. I'm excited to do another challenge with you.

I didn't reach my V-day goal but that's ok. I lost atleast 3lbs and an 1.5 inches in my waist and 1.5 inches in my hips and increased my exercise. I'd say it was a job well done. So for this next challenge:

1. lose 6lbs (as close to it as possible)
2. Increase exercise to 5 days a week and start ab program.
3. This is personal so for now we will call it "Operation STRONG"
4. Keep on track with CC and get more stickers in my journal.

That's it for now. I want to say hi and welcome to all the new people and a big smile and hug to all the V-day peeps...Another month with you guys...I can't wait!

Have a great night everyone. Sweet Dreams!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #28  
NEVER GIVE UP

mkyice~Awesome that your in the navy! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!
My daughter is into all the anime stuff~love to read the books/watch the cartoons /collect figures/ & even write her own books so she has came fascinated with it.

Jules ~ I plan on Visiting my dads grave when I accomplish 100 pounds lost...I Aint been there for quite awhile & I know that seems kinda silly proboly But I was so much like him/With bad eating habits And smoked cigs for years~And when he died of a sudden massive heart attack in 2007 ~It changed me~i quit smoking then started eating better And am kosing the weight...So In a weird kinda way I credit him for alot of it. He was & still is my hero!
By the way that desert sounds sooooooo delightfully delicious!

jdonata~SO GLAD YOUR BACK FOR ANOTHER ROUND!!!
HUGS TO YA!!!!!! YOU MADE THE LAST CHALLENGE JUST THAT MORE INTERESTING ~YOUR AN ABSOLUTE SWEETY!

Last edited by Lori259; 02-14-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #29  

Lori~ I'm not in the Navy...my hubby is. My oldest is into all of the anime too. She went to a convention in CA last Spring (before we came to Japan). She had a blast.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #30  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Lori and all, , I'm IN!

Okay, for my challenge this time, it's about a month which is perfect, because what I want to do is to make the final leap to healthy eating/living. I started in 2008 at 235, smoking, eating way too many cals of just fast food, nuker food, easy food, sodas, etc, etc. Over the last 2 years, I've cut out the sodas and the junk food, but still have been having the caffeinated tea with sugar and milk (though I've slowly cut the sugar back, a little at a time), and still have been smoking (but again, cut back from where I was 2 years ago). I've had the exercise dialed in for a while, seen some great improvements there, stronger lifts, gobs of muscle mass compared to where I started, cut my mile run just about in half, lol. So, lately, I've just been feeling like it's time to go for broke with this thing, ditch the last of the bad "intake" habits, get serious. It's like, I work my tail off in the gym, but then I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot with the smoking and the sugar intake.

So, here's my personal St Patrick's Day Challenge: I'm going Paleo-Zone with the eating. I'm almost there with the paleo eating (which is meats/fish, nuts, good oils/fat, veggies and fruit being the only carbs...no grains/beans/legumes/dairy/sugar), and Zone is just a way of weighing and measuring intake, to keep blood sugar/insulin levels even throughout the day, basically calorie counting with portions already figured out for you, like an ounce of this meat and an ounce and a half of that fish have the same calories, that kind of thing, so it just makes it easier to plan portions...and that way I can tweak it down the line.

All the peeps I know who have done it say, the first two weeks are like getting off the crack if you're used to a lot of sugar/sugary carbs, by week 3 you start feeling a little better, and by week 4 you start seeing results and feeling like a new person, so the length of this holiday challenge should be the perfect test of that.

So, starting tomorrow a.m., no more smokes, no more sugar or milk, which means I'm just ditching the tea, because it's not the same to me without all the additives, so I may as well just ditch the caffeine at the same time..if I'm gonna have a crash and withdrawals, may as well get it all over at once, lol.

I'm not setting a weight goal, though this way of eating is supposed to lean you out like crazy, but mainly I'm doing this because, well, okay, the people I know that eat this way look like freaking muscled beasts with no bodyfat all the time, but also they are the fastest and strongest people in the gym, so I'm curious to see what happens as far as leaning out and what happens to my speed and strength in the gym. I'm ready to be superhuman now.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote