The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #556  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
Tomato, are you sure you mean me when talking about Brett? I hardly ever mention him, I can take or leave him. I'm not even sure which eye you mean, yours or mine, sees him as sexy and which doesn't, lol.
Trekkiegirl, so sorry - mea culpa!
I thought it was you who liked Brett and I was wrong. Because I tend to be a leeettle OCD at times, I had to look it up (and I had to "rewind" all the way back to page 11 to find it. It was actually Violin Jenn who found Brett "easy on the eyes". I was trying to be funny as I was confident it was you.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #557  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
I remember back in episode 1 or 2 (one of the first episodes anyway) there was a female contestant that I think either didn't go to the finale or showed up without having lost much at all. Can't remember which. I do remember she had long dark hair. Anyone know who I'm talking about?
I remember, but I can't remember her name, I think it was the 2nd or 3rd season and I didn't care for her much, she was a game player, but she was one of the final 3 and when they came back for the finally she couldn't compete because she was pregnant. I think the next season they went to 4 finalists and everyone voted for whch 3 stay.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #558  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Bette.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #559  

S/C/G: 282/216/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
I cannot stand every time Brett says "cap-whherra"
LOL. Every time he said it, this was my face :/

I'm new, so if it has been discussed ad nauseum, I apologize, but here are a few of my "blank face" Biggest Loser moments:
  • Those "Not a commercial but obviously a commercial" commercials. That Extra gum is ok, but I have never once said "Darn, this is better than a strawberry shortcake"
  • Jillian and her constant spread eagle position while the contestants are on the treadmill. I'm like "ugh, Jillian" every time I see her "in" somebody's face. *She hasn't been too bad this year, though*
  • I know why they do this, but it still annoys me: Having the men shirtless and the women exposing their stomachs when they're at their highest weight, BUT when they lose a ton of weight, they're covered up.

Some other random-all over the place thoughts: I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I DO watch it every week, but I also realize that for the most part, it is unrealistic for us (people NOT on the show) to lose the way they do. I do enjoy seeing the transformations, and some of the people on there I have just come to adore (Courtney). The sisters used to annoy me, but for some reason, I can't remember why because they've grown on me. I know I'm in the minority, but I never really liked Tara. I admired her strength..I'll never take that from her, but something about her rubbed me wrong. I agree with whoever said they should not have let her compete..or if they were going to have her in the race, she should have just did it for fun, and let only the current contestants be eligible for the prize.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #560  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Thank goodness Rulon and Kaylee are G-O-N-E- GONE! Gah!

Rulon left because he didn't win his little challenge and got beat by a girl. Wahhhhhh. Someone call the wahmbulance, lol. (Although, I do agree that Tara shouldn't have gotten the Wheaties box...to compete was one thing, but this isn't her season. Whoever's season it was that came in first (Rulon, unfortunately) should've won the Wheaties box, imho)

The way Kaylee was dressed at home was very unfortunate. She looked a lot bigger than she is. That being said, I agree that she still has weight to lose. She's the same height as I am, and the absolute highest weight I've ever heard for my size is 150, which is what I'm shooting for. The Vance thing was weird to me. Idk why, it just irked me. I thought her and Austin were a couple, and I don't particularly care for either of them, but I'd rather keep thinking they are a couple, lol.

I'm so glad the show is only an hour now. I am also insanely glad that Irene is getting some face time! Go Irene!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #561  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
I remember, but I can't remember her name, I think it was the 2nd or 3rd season and I didn't care for her much, she was a game player, but she was one of the final 3 and when they came back for the finally she couldn't compete because she was pregnant. I think the next season they went to 4 finalists and everyone voted for whch 3 stay.
No, there was another lady, I think it was season 2, that was either first or second to be voted off. She only lost like 14 lbs, and when she came to the finale, her total loss was the same as when she got voted off. I thought she had shortish dark brown hair,

Now there was also the one season where the guy threw the weigh-in, gained all his weight back in the update and did not come to the finale. He was a big jerk!

EDIT: both things happened on season 2. The lady was Kathryn. She lost 16 lbs. The guy was Nick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big...%28season_2%29

Season 3 was when Heather showed up to the finale pregnant. She got pregnant right after the finalists got home from the ranch.

Last edited by StraitLover; 04-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #562  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraitLover View Post
No, there was another lady, I think it was season 2, that was either first or second to be voted off. She only lost like 14 lbs, and when she came to the finale, her total loss was the same as when she got voted off. I thought she had shortish dark brown hair,

Now there was also the one season where the guy threw the weigh-in, gained all his weight back in the update and did not come to the finale. He was a big jerk!

EDIT: both things happened on season 2. The lady was Kathryn. She lost 16 lbs. The guy was Nick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big...%28season_2%29

Season 3 was when Heather showed up to the finale pregnant. She got pregnant right after the finalists got home from the ranch.
I remember this lady, too. She was a lawyer and didn't get along well with anyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #563  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

That drives me insane!

So many people are literally DYING to get on this show, and the lucky few that do can't even appreciate it?!

Frustrates me so much I could just scream!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #564  

This whole season is ticking me off. The older folks sacrificing themselves for the younger ones, what is up with that? It is much easier to lose weight when you are younger! The older ones have much more to lose and have a harder time losing it, and more slowly! WTH? I mean, I have children, I understand sacrificing for them, but really, when it comes to weight loss, this doesn't make sense. All of this is true with the exception of Courtney and her mom. Courtney obviously needed to be there more, so I was on board with that, but all the rest of em, I just don't understand it .
Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #565  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
I remember this lady, too. She was a lawyer and didn't get along well with anyone.
The lawyers must have it in their genes, LOL.
MELISSA MORGAN, anyone???
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #566  
focused and aiming

Or jeans...

Thank you, StraitLover, that's exactly who I was remembering.

I am in total agreement about being upset over so many folks wasting their time selfishly at the ranch. There are wayyyyyy too many of us wanting to be there for the opportunity to be wasted.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #567  
~Kim~

I was pretty bored with tonights episode. The girls looked silly in those dresses. It looked like they were going to prom. Olivia and Irene looked ok, but Hannah's dress was not at all flattering and I hated the bangs they gave her. Didn't like Olivia's hair either. Eh. At least Austin finally got a haircut.

With the weighin I knew they weren't going to send anyone home so that didn't excite me at all.

Hopefully next week is lots better. =)
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #568  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Darn it. I was really hoping Jay would be going home tonight. It's not that I dislike him, but I find it so unfair when contestants get sent home and then brought back. I'm still very sour about Ali winning in season 5.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #569  

S/C/G: 227/222/150

Height: 5'7"

Ugh...am I the only one who hates "makeover week?!?!?!" If I wanted to see people getting their hair done and putting on clothes, I'd watch Bravo, not Biggest Loser. And this season was completely overdone with the castle and "fairy godfather" theme.

Is it me, or all these "surprise" contestants coming back, yellow lines going away, and crap like that seem more and more like the producers crafting a story line rather than letting the story unfold for itself?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #570  

Height: 5'5

I cried through the whole thing. And I suspect no one went home because 2 people went last week and they are locked into a date for the finale.