Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Weight-ing on Spring Blue Team - Getting Acquainted With Your Team Chat

Alright Ladies.. Jump on in!!! Get settled in and get comfy as this will be your new "home" for the next few months...
I can not wait to get started with all of you.. I have a great feeling about this Challenge!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

WooHoo Blue! I am super pumped about killing it this challenge!!! I put a couple of things in place over the last month that I hope are gonna really help me contribute to knocking our our 14,000+ lbs. (THATS OVER 7 TONS GIRLS!)

A little about me ~ this is my 5th TBL challenge, but will be my 1st completed! Got within weeks of the last one and life took over. Not this time! I am newly married have 4 kids (DS 20, DSD 10, DSS 8, DSD5) and a fantastic hubby. I need to lose 50 lbs and plan to do it through diet and exercise. I look forward to celebrate success with the team.... its a daily battle girls, a daily choice! Lets do it!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #3  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I am happy to be participating in my first TBL challenge on these boards! I have added a few new tools to my health arsenal to rev up the exercise motivation and diet compliance factors for me, and I hope this challenge will keep me even more accountable in making permanent lifestyle changes and GETTING RID of these unneeded pounds once and for all. It scares me that I need to lose a person (150 pounds) to become the person I want to be!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Red face

WoooHooo! Hey ladies!

I'm Diva or Roni and this is my...um...geeez I have no idea! I've done A LOT of these challenges since 2007...maybe 2006, not sure...so I'm an oldie, hehe!

I am looking into those meal delivery programs but most likely I'll be spending my money on a new GYM membership someplace and continue counting calories. I am REALLY gonna do it this year! By the end of 2010, I WILL be 50 lbs lighter!!!! 140 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Diva; 12-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/193/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello team members

I am also super excited about this challenge! It's the first one for me, also the first time on this forum (found it when I was looking for weight loss inspiration online).

Little about me.

2009 was the year me and my husband decided to start trying having our first child. It was also the year I weighed more than ever before in my life (220lb). Surprisingly I got pregnant very fast, sadly I had a pretty complicated miscarriage in week 15. This was a aha moment for me, after years of thinking about getting rid of my overweight (while eating chocolate in front of the Biggest Loser on tv...) I decided it was time for me to really change, that I need to lose weight to get what I want in life.

So I started exercising regularly, started eating healthy and lost about 25lb. Lately I've been falling off the wagon, in a way I'm back to old habits. This challenge is exactly what I need to get back on track and continue my weight loss journey.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #6  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

H E L L O BLUE TEAM!!!

Are we all ready to knock that Red Team off their feet this time round?

I have to lose 6.5 pounds to reach goal and I'm getting excited. As soon as I reach 130 pounds my goal is going down by another 5 pounds to 125. I still have a few more days of family feasting before the holidays are over but I've paced myself well over the Christmas/New Year's holiday season so I'll be just fine.

Welcome Ars and great to be with you again Nixmom.

Angela
you are an angel as your name suggests. Thank you for your leadership in this challenge and for the one just finished.

Today I spend the quite a bit of time cleaning the basement and the two bedrooms down there. Our DSs and their families will be here starting this afternoon and on into the weekend. What a mess had accumulated since the summer and DS#2's wedding. The bedrooms are all ready for company but I never got in my walk. So this evening I'll climb on my bike and peddle to nowhere while I watch TV.

Catch you all later. Go BLUE TEAM!

Last edited by retiredone; 12-30-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #7  
Isabella

Hi Diva and Erika. We must have been posting at the same time.

Diva it's so good to see you back again.

Erika, welcome to 3FC. This is an awesome place to lose weight. So sorry for your loss. When I was a young mother I also lost a baby about the same weeks along as you were. All the best as you get your weight loss under control.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #8  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hi Blue Team. I'm chiquita or Laurie. Whatever you want to call me. I answer to almost anything!!

I've done these challenges in the past - never completed one - but I am committed to completing this one!!! I'm getting married October 23, 2010 and I'd like to drop 20 pounds or more by then. I signed up for Weight Watchers today (done it before and it seemed to work) so I'm all psyched to get the party started and lose some of this excess baggage I seem to be carrying around!!

I'll check back in later. Have a great night. And always remember to be good to yourselves!!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #9  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
WoooHooo! Hey ladies!

I'm Diva or Roni and this is my...um...geeez I have no idea! I've done A LOT of these challenges since 2007...maybe 2006, not sure...so I'm an oldie, hehe!

I am looking into those meal delivery programs but most likely I'll be spending my money on a new GYM membership someplace and continue counting calories. I am REALLY gonna do it this year! By the end of 2010, I WILL be 50 lbs lighter!!!! 140 here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great decision Sis, now if I could just get myself motivated again. Geez, I have somehow put on 8 pounds in the last 30 days
Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Angela you are an angel as your name suggests. Thank you for your leadership in this challenge and for the one just finished.

Awe thank you Isabella!! You are so sweet and a true inspiration... you are so dedicated!!! You will be down to your goal weight in NO TIME!!!
Hey.. are you guys getting any of this storm this time...? It has been storming here since last night and really is showing no signs of stopping... lol
Old 12-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! This is my first BL challange and I'm really excited about it.

I am a mother of one 5-year old boy and I've been married to his dad for 3 years in October. I have always been overweight and the last few years I have been going up and down in my weight-loss efforts. I'm hoping this challenge will help me stay motivated so I can get where I need to be. My goal for this challenge, is to get under 200 pounds. I would love to be in the 190's or lower before 2010 is over.

GO BLUE TEAM!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #12  

Hey there Blue Team!! I am so excited to get this started... I hope you are all excited too...

I want to say first of all that I will do my best to be a great "leader" for you all and I will always be around if anyone needs anything! I have made the commitment to be here at least 2 times everyday and to stay accountable and available to all of you!

So.. a little about me....

My name is Angela and I am from Cape Breton, N.S in Canada. I am 32 years old and Assistant Director/Preschool Teacher in a daycare. My bf is from New Orleans, LA and is in hospital fighting an 8 year battle with cancer. Unfortunately I am unable to be there with him for many reasons, one of them being I have made a commitment to be here close to home to help my parents as they are getting on in age and my father is showing signs at 75 of alzhiemers. As well, my 4 nieces and nephews are growing up very quickly and being their aunty is very important to me and I want to be here for them in every way possible. Family is very important to me. There are other factors that prevent me being with my bf at the time being, but we are getting by very well. I thank God everyday that he has incredible family that are there with him everyday and keep me updated many times through out each day.. Thank goodness for texting! lol I could never ask for a better man in my life!

As for my weight history.. I was very active in my "younger days" and never gave much thought to my nutritional patterns and was in good shape... but I soon realized that as life really began when I went out on my own.. the weight piled on (35 pounds).. I lost it through running and once again became fit... but as life took over and got a little harder it piled back on and I have not been able to lose it all and feel like me in over 7 years...it has been an on going battle. This past year has been a very hard one with many things contributing to a huge gain that saw me finally opening my eyes on August 9th of this year tipping the scale at 217.2 pounds.. my highest weight ever! I have been working very hard with the occasional "break" but I have managed to get to Onederland (yay!) in the last two weeks and I am struggling to keep it there. The eating right is not the hard part for me.. it is the getting into the exercise habit.. but I am determined! And so thankful to have all of you ladies to help me push through!

My plan is to follow the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid.
Exercise Plan - I will be doing the minimum of 3 cardio sessions/2 strength training sessions/1 ab work out per week as well as BL yoga a few times a week as well.
Nutritional Plan - Counting calories.. plain and simple .. it has served me very well so far!!

So.. in a nut shell (hmm a very large nutshell.. lol ) that is me.. your Blue Team Leader...

I look forward to getting to know all of you and to losing all of this weight together!!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #13  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post

Hey.. are you guys getting any of this storm this time...? It has been storming here since last night and really is showing no signs of stopping... lol
No storm at all over on this side. All our snow is gone as we had rain for 2 days. But January is coming and that's when we usually start getting a lot of snow.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/193/155

Height: 5'7"

Isabella, Thank you for the kind and welcoming words. 2010, here we come! Let's make it a good weight-loss year!

Angela, Thank you for sharing and telling about your life. I guess a lot of the other ladies here know about you. Being new here, I really appreciate you taking the time and telling some more about you.
I can't imaging how hard things must be for you from time to time, with bf being sick and far away. And all the other responsibilites you have in life. You're doing good. I've been reading through old posts on previous weight loss challenges threads and my impression of you was immediately that you seem to be a truly optimistic and kind hearted, giving person with a lot of energy. That's what I've read "between the lines"

There are so many things in life we cannot do anything about, things just happens. But our weight we can control and do something about. At least THAT we have, even though at least I sometimes feel I can't do anything about my weight it just happens....
Let's make 2010 a good year, a year we lose weight and feel good about ourselves!

About counting calories, I so agree with you. That works for me to, that and keeping a food diary every single day.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #15  
tonya

S/C/G: 228.5/228.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone!!!

This is my first challenge I have been lurking here for a while so I feel like I know some of you.

I am a mother of a 7 year old and a 15 year old I have struggled with my weight since my 15 year old was born I did manage to lose 45 pounds after him but I have gained it all back and then some.I lost after my 7 year old was born and I have managed to gain that back. This is the year for me I refuse to go to the beach this year feeling like a beached whale and to tired to get up off my big butt and play with my kids. I am really excited about this challenge.

GO BLUE TEAM!!!!