Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #61  
Just for today

S/C/G: 328.8/301.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I too am doing the KISS method of counting calories and exercising. That's about it. It's a lifestyle change for me so I need to at least enjoy it and be able to live with it. It's definitely a different mindset =p
Old 01-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
I had planned on doing personals this evening but will hopefully(weather permitting haha) do that tomorrow as I am a little nervous right now.. the wind is howling and becoming stronger with each gust

G'night ladies
stay safe!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #63  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh, wind is so scary, especially at night! Hope you are safe tonight!
Old 01-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #64  
Mommy of 6, 4, almost 1!!

S/C/G: 194.6/179.2/155

Height: 5'1"

I like to watch the Biggest Loser on tv, so this seems pretty fun!! I'm 25 and I've been married 7 years. My kids are 6,4, and 10 months. I know my ticker is wrong... I really should get around to changing it.... and as far as my weight being higher... I had another baby since then!!! Actually, my weight made me not ovulate.. so, it's important for me to lose weight as we would like to have one last child eventually. (not for a few years) My goal is to lose one pound a week, so from 186 to 172. I'm going on a cruise in June, and I'm hoping to be able to enjoy shopping for a new outfit or 2. Seems like really good incentive to me!! Heck, taking my kid to school without feeling like the frumpy mom would be great too!!
Old 01-03-2010, 02:30 AM   #65  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Diva...I was just reading up on the purple thread (I had my parents in town for 2 weeks of Christmas and wasn't on here much)....but I wanted to send my input on your JC/NS question...
My mom started doing the Nutrisystem last year (2009) at the beginning part of the year and did really well on it. she was finally able to bust thru years of a plateau (along with starting to workout for the first time in her life - i introduced her to WATP and later - the Wii Fit Plus).....She started last year at about 215 and when she was here for Christmas last week - she was at about 178 and finally fitting into some size 14 clothes that were mine back when I was in high school (that I wore about 13-15 years ago, and yes some of that is back in fashion now...lol). lol I think she was in about a 20/22 when 2009 started. so she had wonderful results. But she is a single lady - so didn't have to worry about feeding others in the household. I think the NS was about $300/month (or some where around there), and she bought fruits/veggies/dairy at the grocery store to go along with it. I'm not exactly sure on cost, but she did the boxed meals that added water (some not) and microwaved to eat. she said that the frozen meals cost more/month.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #66  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerthinchick View Post
Diva I can't send pms yet i don't have enough post yet. I live in Jefferson City not far from you at all.
Hey InnerThin! That's not far at all. Do you go to a GYM or anything??? I see they are building a new Community Center in Jeff county. I wonder if they'll have cardio stuff and weights? I am def looking for a GYM and workout buddy. I am gonna look into Avalon, but I want to try and join a GYM that won't be far from where I work, and since I do not yet have a job, I have no idea where this will be. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
Diva...I was just reading up on the purple thread (I had my parents in town for 2 weeks of Christmas and wasn't on here much)....but I wanted to send my input on your JC/NS question...
My mom started doing the Nutrisystem last year (2009) at the beginning part of the year and did really well on it.
Hey girly!!! I think I've decided to use my money on a GYM membership instead and just do the Lean Cuisines, Fruits, veggies, Chicken and Fish thing. I can do this if I just put my mind to it and stay dedicated. I just tend to get lazy, stressed out and give up easily. That's my downfall. But THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO DO IT!!! Dang it!
I for one am glad all this Holiday crap is over. I am so over getting my hopes built up only to be let down. I think I am going to be a Holiday/B-day Scrooge from here on out.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #67  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Where's Echo, Mercy, Nella, Nixmom?????? Get your butts in here!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #68  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good morning ladies. Gotta get ready to go shopping but thought I'd pop in and give a wave.

Just wondering how you fared last night Angela? Our cable tv had many channels not working last night. I think half of them must have been off the air and I was thinking there must have been some whopper of a storm to give that much interference. Hope you stayed safe and warm.

Ate way too much this weekend but everyone is gone to their own homes now and most of the party/junk food is gone. I just have to freeze the cake and cookies in portion sizes for DH who would be more than disturbed if I threw them out.

Have a good on plan day everyone.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #69  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Where's Echo, Mercy, Nella, Nixmom?????? Get your butts in here!
Too weird! I was just thinking about you and Echo.I have been so busy with work and out of town company Sis. Glad to see that you are back.

I go on vacation starting tomorrow, so I will be around more often. I will also be working out like crazy as I gained some major weight since last month, so maybe I will start a challenge or two.

I had pm'd Echo like last week and no response, I think she might still have her cousin from America in town.

Anyways, I have been missing you guys I hope that we can both get our **** together on this challenge!

Luv ya,

MERCY!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #70  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

Hello Blue Team!

I'm Ally. I'm 24 and this is my first BL challenge here on 3fc. Ive done a few of the 20-somethings BL challange, but this one seems much more involved and challenging. A little about myself, Ive been overweight all my life. I started getting bigger starting in the fourth grade, and things got worse from there. I was raised by a mom with food issues, she was a 'deny my child nothing' kind of mom. We didn't eat junk per se, but I like high carb, high fat foods. I reached my highest weight (199) in college and had no idea how big I really was. Then I started a really active retail job and the weight melted off without me even knowing to 170. I graduated college, got an 'adult' office job and it crept back up.

I joined 3fc in may 2009. doing calorie counting and exercise i got down to 164 and felt fantastic. I quit everything in august when i was training for a 5K. The date kept getting closer and my time wasnt getting shorter and i started filling my head with all these thoughts that i would be last, wouldnt finish, everyone would laugh, and that was it. I stopped training, stopped eating healthy and gained back 6 pounds. Well no more. I want to run that 5K. I want to get into that normal BMI weight category. And I want to look and feel great and take pride in my appearance.

I joined this challenge to end the excuses. I need to be accountable. No more skipping the gym because its too cold, stayed at work 30 mins late, whatever the new excuse is.

I look forward to participating in all the challenges and getting to know all of you. I read 3fc everyday, but rarely post, so im hoping to get more active on the boards which will translate into more WL success.

sorry, Longest Post Ever!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #71  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Okay guys, keep me in your thoughts! I'm the official work birthday faerie...and today I'm going to make my first cake since starting calorie counting. I will not lick the spoons...I will not lick the spoons...I will not lick the spoons...

I'm about to plug the recipe ingredients into fitday so I know whether I can have a piece tomorrow...I can only imagine!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Hey Ladies.. Well I just finished doing the Biggest Loser last Chance workout dvd with Jillian Michaels... OMGosh! My heart rate is still working its way down.. lol Complete maximum calorie burn no doubt! It totally kicked my butt!

Yea, Echos cousin was going to be visiting until the 5th of Jan. I do believe. She said she would be back regularly after that.

Isabella.. we did okay.. it is still very very windy here today but nothing like last night. It is rainy n plain ol yuck out there today.. which is supposed to turn over to snow I believe which should make one heck of a mess of the roads... sighhhh O well .. as long as everyone stays safe and warm I should not complain lol O! and btw.. love your prof. pic... You look amazing and no wonder with all of your hard work and dedication! So nice to be able to put a face with a name!

Sassy.. and all of our new team members... so happy to have you join us.. You will definetely get all the support you need and more here with these ladies! We are going to rawk this challenge straight through till April!

I will be posting our Week 1 chat thread later this evening as well as our first Last Chance Workout Challenge and our Nutrition Journal threads as well so that we can all start our first week off strong!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-03-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars View Post
Okay guys, keep me in your thoughts! I'm the official work birthday faerie...and today I'm going to make my first cake since starting calorie counting. I will not lick the spoons...I will not lick the spoons...I will not lick the spoons...

I'm about to plug the recipe ingredients into fitday so I know whether I can have a piece tomorrow...I can only imagine!

Good Luck ars!!!... I know you can do it.. you seem to me like you have an amazing dedication and passion to succeed! Sent up a prayer!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-03-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #74  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

My New Years resolution is to make it to the gym everyday, even if it's only for twenty minutes. I am usually pretty good on eating healthily and cutting back my calories, but it's my total lack of exercise that ends up demotivating me.

Just got back from the gym. Third day in a row. This year is off to a good start!

Am already finding that having this challenge in the back of my head is motivating me to do that little bit more, so thanks guys!

Last edited by dayoneagain; 01-03-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #75  

Im working in my house today... Burning a few cals there, then Im gonna head to the gym or do a dvd here in a little while! I bought a new journal & Planner so I can keep track of all my food, workouts & cals burned!!
I was curious are most of you all doing cal counting??
I think thats the route Im gonna go for the challenge cals in vs out!!!
Good Luck everyone!!!! We can Do this!!
Amy